Just got back from the 19:19 showing

Just got back from the 19:19 showing.

What a fucking waste. Awful.

care to explain why, reddit?

you didn't already know that by the trailers?

Fitting it has a 19%

There are websites telling you to it it's the bad reviews and to consider the movie not an adaptation but a new imagining of the series. They're only damage controlling because idris elba

This shitshow got crushed by the wheel of Ka.

Is that the main guy? I thought he was black

Is this some racist fan interpretation?

Yep.

>Is this some racist fan interpretation?
Yes, that's exactly what this movie is.

>Movie that's been in pre-production hell for years, has changed directors multiple times, tested poorly with audiences, edited to "fix" the problems by adding more exposition and filler
>Turns out to be shit
S H O C K I N G

95 MINUTES
NINETY-FIVE FUCKING MINUTES

Why didn't they just make a good movie instead?

There was no way it was going to be good no matter who made it or who was in it. The books are a fucking clusterfuck and later devolve into a meta clusterfuck written by a hack.

And I liked the books, shit just isn't adaptable.

Too risky.

Is it true that
>"The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed..."
is a voiceover over a black screen?

The first book is piss easy to adapt. You don't even need a huge budget.

Roland's an unlikable prick for the entire movie and drops Jake to his death because MUH TOWER.

People aren't going to want to see that.

Pleb.
Seriously, it takes little thought to figure out how to adapt the books in several ways

His this Elba fellow ever starred in a hit movie? Why is he such a thing anyways? There's been plenty of black movie stars yet somehow this one mediocre actor is being memed into replacing traditionally white characters as a shot at the white patriacrchy for some reason I don't understand

The world is full of unlikable pricks.

>test audiences full of normies ruin another movie

this could have been a pretty big franchise but they blew it.

That's a good question. I know Elba but I don't even know why?

Luther, Thor, Prometheus, Pacific Rim, but to be honest I don't really get why he's that famous, too.

He was good in The Wire.

>Roland's an unlikable prick for the entire movie and drops Jake to his death because MUH TOWER
You do know that Roland having the horn at the end of book 7 heavily implied that he'd save Jake, right?
Having him save Jake would confirm we'd been watching the next chapter the whole time, and would've been likable enough for newcomers.

He exists for progressives to show how progressive they are on social media when they recommend him for every acting role that exists. The Wire remains his only good role.

I'm pretty sure this movie would have still been awful even without the additional 5 minutes of exposition dialogue that was added due to test audiences.

He was decent as Mandela

>Mandela
I forgot that movie existed.

I'm surprised he didn't play Ike Eisenhower.

I haven't read the books but I agree

Whats the point of it being a new chapter if its a garbage gimped version of the journey we all want to see?

Absolute rubbish, The Gunslinger would make a perfect film.

I agree, I don't get these faggots whining about how its unfilmable.
and so? I wanted to see that.

>muh breaking Bad
>muh rick and memey
>muh narcos

The antihero is practically a prerequisite for any contemporary movie or tv show. Yes people want to see that.

except it doesn't matter, since the horn wouldn't change Roland's skin color, and therefore the movie is not a sequel to the books.

The first book was garbage. The plot was a mystery, but it wasn’t a mystery book. The characters knew what was going on. King just left the reader completely in the dark until the very end. By the time the plot was revealed, I had stopped caring. Then the bullshit nonsensical ending that felt like the end of a Lost episode. To be continued, my ass. People have terrible taste for liking that mess.