What was Joffrey's tax policy?

What was Joffrey's tax policy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aewtOGH9ab4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Probably ancap. Most children are Ancaps until they grow up.

Communism

Probably a lot like Trump's: Fuck the poor, pay the wealthy.

WHAT THE FUCK I HATE DRUMPF NOW!

the dumb fuck didn't pay any mind to that. It was Tywin's taxing policy- so probably a profitable one albeit heavy given the war

He was the only person in Westeros to understand feudalism is bullshit and you need to centralize that shit.

Joff was a good King. Defeated the North rebellion and brought peace to Westeros

>implying cersei would allow it
she would want a broad tax base with high rates, is my intuition

I miss him. He was the only fun character I liked. I lost interest with the show after he died. Although I heard some guy named Euron is good.

>8 posts in
>nobody remembers he literally explained his policy in season 1

"I would raise taxes"
"What if they rebel?"
"Then id crush them"

It's exactly the opposite actually. Children are and have always been more economically leftwing and on average get progressively more economically rightwing as they get older.

>policy is to murder his tax base if they don't comply
brilliant!

democrats and progressive meanwhile remain children and retain childish economic policies.

he's a mustache-twirler

>progressively more economically rightwing as they get older.
this was kind of humorous

Hey, works for us

Joffrey had some good ideas, such as a standing nation-state like army, but his retard uncle and grandfather kept cockblocking him.

Childrens always love papa gubmint

Joffrey knew the importance of a robust middle class, so he lowered taxes for small businesses as well as mid income earners. To mitigate this increased taxes on luxury purchases as dividends from funds invested in certain sectors that did not contribute to the growth of the 7 kingdoms economy, the lobstered armor manufacturing industry for example. He also planned to end the citadels monopoly on the health care industry and decentralize the trainer of healthcare proffesionals which would cause a major shift in the economy, creating thousands of jobs while lowering the prohibitive costs of said healthcare so that even small folk could afford to see a maester when they were ill.

Sounds like a democrat to me

can i pls get link or episode number and timestamp where he says these things

Joffrey wanted what North Korea has basically.

fucking based Joff

Writing is hard. This was maybe my answer to Stephen King, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Dark Tower had a very behavioral philosophy: that if the writer was a hard worker, the series would be finished. We look at real writers and it’s not that simple. King can say that he became motivated and wrote for a hundred days, and he was persistent and consistent. But King doesn’t ask the question: What was his conventions policy? Did he maintain a standing blog? What did he do in times of hunger and constipation? And what about all these plotlines? By the end of the series, the main plot is finished but all of the subplots aren’t gone – they’re in the details. Did King pursue a policy of systematic conclusion and resolve them? Even the little baby plotlines, with their baby plotholes?

youtube.com/watch?v=aewtOGH9ab4

federalizing a country like Westeros is retarded it's not like the Eastern Cities are going to invade or anything

there's no external threat to unite the country in a major way

besides just like Cersei said, a Royal Army made up of a bunch of Northerners might have to put down a Northern rebellion one day, bonds are too close to their homeland

he knew about danerys being alive and actively wanted to stop her before she got powerful

democrats aren't leftwing

>dudr fuck safety nets because they cost money lmao!

Said no old guy ever. They have been around long enough to know that humans are so stupid and weak that we need something to look after ourselves.

>decentralize health care
>quality of healthcare goes from average to shit with only lords being able to afford the good maesters
>small folk get shitty fake healthcare that is totally overpriced

Decentralization doesn't work in an industry as serious as healthcare.

The British did it.

Same as Roberts, he had the same cabinet pretty much with the exception of Tywin as his hand. Baelish was the minister of coin and he was still there during Joffry's reign

what the fuck?

dont think baelish was, as they mention daddy lannister as the person who put them all into debt or some shit

FUCK TRUMP NOW I HATE HIM