Live on an island

>live on an island
>refuse to eat fish
>starve instead
Why do the Irish do this?

Brits chopped down all their forests so they had no wood to make their own ships.

I agree with them, fish is gross.

Potatoes are easier to cultivate and more productive than fishing
Also this

Should of ate each other

Were they allowed to fish though?

They weren't allowed to fish, though.

This is false
They were literally just too stupid to catch fish and didn't know how to
Yes

Dude, really, one of my best friends is a farmer and she told me that potatoes are one of the easiest crop to plant and harvest. They're cheap, don't need too much care, and they're highly productive
That's why they were so popular here a long time ago

Not talking about potatoes I'm talking about the "they weren't allowed to fish/build boats" meme

They don't need fishing when you can have a lot of food using less work

>let me tell you about your country's history

Countries who suffered from famine while also refusing to eat fish deserve to be destroyed

moajority of country are rural farmers, sell all products to pay rent, lived off potatoes

do you even know how much fish you would have to catch to feed 8 million people each day for 5+ years?

Don't bother, he's such an idiot he'll probably think they had industrial fishing tech back in the 1840's

t. Seamus O'Brien

Not during the potato famine

They did.

Potatoes are the fish of the earth.

There was enough food in Ireland during the famine years to support the entire population. There was a potato blight a few years before the famine and when that happened the ports were closed and everyone had enough food to get by. The problem was that when the next blight hit the English refused to stop the export of food from Ireland to Britain like they did the previous time. So it didn't matter how much fish you had when it was confiscated from you. The problem was further exacerbated by the British government's refusal to accept any of the foreign aid that was offered by the Spanish and the Ottomans.

Now go be stupid somewhere else.