Justice League Dark Movie Adaptation Lands Doug Liman as Director

>Variety is reporting that Doug Liman is set to direct Dark Universe, with Michael Gilio attached to write the script. The Bourne Identity and Edge of Tomorrow filmmaker
> Guillermo del Toro producer
Any hope for this?
screenrant.com/justice-league-dark-movie-universe-director-doug-liman/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P&view=lista

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VlINHSnUx9k
youtube.com/watch?v=KQi6PXkj1bo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck yes.

It's not dead! Yes! Now I wait patiently to hear who is playing Deadman and Swamp Thing.

Dark Universe book written by a competent writer when?

Only thing I'm really worried about is if it gets shoehorned into the DC movie universe. Shove Enchantress shit in it.

ZATANNA

Not really new news. They've been serious about this movie for a while, and now that Shazam is not moving to actual reality (not that it might not, just that the hope of it coming out soon is pretty much not anywhere at the moment) -- so it's important to DC to get their magical/supernatural vision out there with Dr Strange coming out this year.

I actually think this would have been a better movie as the second in the DECU versus SS.

The first three arcs of JLD were OK - they should have spent more time on Books of Magic and developed that a bit more. The main problem was being stuck with and having to deal with The Cereal King's stupid idiotic waste of time meaning reset-button of Trinity War/FE.

Lemire did a decent job. I know people don't like him on team books and I personally found the first arc of JLU to be pretty idiotic, it was saddled with the same problems a lot of people were saddled with which was pretending that these heroes didn't know each other or knew anything about one another, plus the idea of needing to create an original Canadian hero was, at best, pretty stupid. That all said, I though the arc he wrote was fine, it had originality, just didn't use the team that well.

Fuck yeah this sounds good

Enchantress was good though. I want her back.

Timmy Hunter, Amethyst, Shade and Deadman should be the only members

this

>John isnt going to smoke and will probably be less of an asshole
>Zatanna wont wear her classic magician outfit but instead some Chris Angel getup
>Swamp Thing will be nerfed or mimic Groots lovable personality
Ive come to expect the monkey's paw

Will Zack Snyder be involved with the production of this movie on any creative level?

>then Marvel makes a Man-Thing movie that's more of a Swamp Thing movie than a Man-Thing movie

The best the JLD was written was during Future's End, funny enough.

I would do anything for her as Zee.

They better do Hellblazer before that.

Let's hope so.

Well too bad they're casting a black or Hispanic chick.

>>Zatanna wont wear her classic magician outfit but instead some Chris Angel getup
Don't scare me, user.

We already got a perfect hellblazer adaptation and it got cancelled

>>Zatanna wont wear her classic magician outfit but instead some Chris Angel getup

I don't know. WB gave Harley booty shorts and fishnets, Enchantress was pretty much naked, Katana was showing off her belly and they gave Wonder Woman a halter and skirt with bare legs. Zatanna's outfit isn't that bad considering it's basically a magician outfit.

Idk, man.

There's that ONE user on here who always talks about how 'outdated' her outfit is, every time she's brought up. Always makes me worried that he/she is a covert WB employee or something.

Outdated in the sense that magicians aren't that popular anymore? It's still a recognizable look that connotes 'magic' to casuals.

Also it looks nice.

I don't see why they shouldn't do it. It's not like it's some weird spandex costume that would translate poorly to film. It's a fucking female magician's outfit, it's just normal clothing.

But that absolutely sounds like they'd give her some Chris Angelesque gear versus her classic look. All those redesigns you just mentioned were grunged up "realistic" iterations of their other costumes. Showing skin isn't the problem, being a cliche Magician is.

So how will they translate Zatanna's powers to screen? It's easy to see what she means when she talks backwards in comics since you can just read it backwards.

your threshold for OK sets a pretty low bar those are bad comics with shitty art.

Dark Universe was a title set to be written by Tynion IV and Ming Doyle but got cancelled for some reason.

they managed it in Young Justice decently

In Young Justice they just had it phonetically but if they wanted they could probably reverse the audio and make it sound more otherworldly.

You're thinking of Marvel.

There was a rumor a while back that they were looking for non-white actresses for Zatanna.

>mcu
>having more than white guys named Chris and black sidekicks
meanwhile dceu has racebent how many characters now?

just keep it far from Snyder, just keep it far from Snyder. don't even let him look at the trailers.

Sounds like he doesn't want to be involved anymore after JL. Geoff Johns is basically taking over.

Fuck you all. You weren't ready.

You know he's not the only one in the world who can do hypercrisis-y movies right? Some can even do it better than him.

All will be well.

Snyder has balls. You cannot deny that he took a rotting subgenre (capes) and made them different again.
This scene made me believe a man could fly.

youtube.com/watch?v=VlINHSnUx9k

And yes, Superman is happy.

He only did what WB wanted him to do, the next person will do it too. He's not special m8.

Enchantress is heavily tied to the jld there first arc was against her.

ok bud
keep forcing yourself to hate him

Best arc maybe but best single issue was without a doubt #18

Hell the book might have been largly mediocore in general but this was the single best issue of the new 52.

I can't see how anyone could watch Snyder's films and act like he truly got the characters unless you had never read a comic before.

I really dont give a fuck if shes black as long as they keep the personality and costume.

Unlike in comics racebending in films is fine unless the character absolutely has to be a certain ethnicity you take the actor you think has an acting style best suited to that role.

Only member of the jld that has to be a certain ethnicity is john.

youtube.com/watch?v=KQi6PXkj1bo

listen at 30 seconds in

He got superman right this superman makes perfect sense for somebody raised by the pa kent he got so fucking wrong.

Well except taking the fight into town like that in mos.

>you ARE my son
Pa Kent was perfect.

Ok when you put it that way i am a little worried.
Not very worried but unlike concerns about ditching it for something less revealing this has at least some chance of happening.

Really though as long as she has the tophat, the suit and the fishnets im happy.

Generally they just say it and let the audience try and work it out later.

Im more interested to know what sort of powerlevel she will have she does not really have an easily defined limit. Stick to combat and they can probably manage but when she starts turning whole audiences into animals its a bit less clear.

The only good influence he has had on the universe has been establishing early that speedforce aint gotta explain shit.

Maybe

Honestly DC can't fail at this point.

Yeah, I'm not convinced.

He said he wanted to make a Superman movie that delved into the character but then he got the character wrong anyway. It didn't particularly feel like we got super into his head either. He felt more aloof than he did in the Donner movies.

Not really.

Abosuletly nothing wrong with that scene.
It's funny how much it bothers people that Pa Kent admits that he doesn't have all the answers.

And not once has any version of Jonathon Kent implied that it's totally okay to let people die to protect your secret.

You know what at this point i dont even care if john slings spells we seem to be getting a return to form judging from his dcyou and rebirth im just so glad to have proper constintine in comics again i can just tolerate spellslinger in film.

Im guessing this film will be used to tease and guage intrest for the captain marvel film (well as much as i dont like the name change i cant hold calling it shazam against them here considering marvel has theres out soon (well i suppose they have been changing names on titles for ages but they will probably change his as well))

Just please no john as leader everybody bringing up how stupid it was did not make it any less stupid.

>Jonathon Kent implied that it's totally okay to let people die
low quality bait
a symptom of autism is not being able to read emotions

Its fine to not have all the answers.
Its not fine for him to want those kids to be left to die.

>to want those kids to be left to die.
see

See He could've said ANYTHING but for whatever reason, the writers decided that, "Maybe," was okay.

>i cant hold calling it shazam against them here considering marvel has theres out soon

That has nothing to do with Marvel. They legally can't title a movie "Captain Marvel" even if the character was named that in it.

>That has nothing to do with Marvel.
Actually considering it was Marvel who brought them to court over the whole thing in the first place iirc, it actually is their fault.

Yeah i remembered that halfway through writing the post.

Probably should have just deleted the sentence instead of trying to correct myself.

>needs to protect his secret
>Clark asks pa a hard question
>pa *painfully* says maybe

NOTHING wrong with this scene.

Could've said something else like, "Maybe there's another way."

That he says, "Maybe" is EVERYTHING wrong with it.

nope
more dialogue=/=better dialogue

>Deadshot
>Perry White
Missed anyone?

Batman is muslim.

That's not what I was implying. That sentence changes the whole of what he would be trying to say.

True, nothing to do with the Marvel movie I meant

No it wouldn't.
Acting is more than just dialogue. His performance did more than enough to convey how conflicted he was.

Not really.

>Damian is pretending to be Bruce whole movie

ok

kek

Aquaman though technically he's as white as he's always been.
Wonder Woman if you ask Sup Forums or a jew who feels like getting on the cross.

>ok
I genuinely think it's scary how so many people seem to openly accept Snyder's Superman as if it's some great interpretation of the Superman mythos when it's mediocre at best.

It's a good, not great, interpretation. But it has scenes (like first flight or the rocket's journey to earth) like blow any other cape movie ever out of the water).

>But it has scenes (like first flight or the rocket's journey to earth) like blow any other cape movie ever out of the water).
Meh

Some scenes, when taken individually, are great.

But the movie as a whole is a jumbled up mess.

nope
sorry

Hope for fishnet tights.

>Del Toro producer
At least, finally.

Please Ewan McGregor as Constantine, Keanu Reeves as Nic Necro. Then someday DCEU and CWverse will come together and there's Matt Ryan cameo

David Lynch does Doom Patrol when?

I will never understand how you guys can think 10 good minutes out of 148 total running length is enough to make for a passing grade.

And that's putting aside the fact that the first flight is basic as fuck.

That would be so good

>guillermo del toro
yes

The whole movie is good. Those scenes are just some of the best.
And the flight scene is not basic. Supes' joy, the technically exellent framing, and the amazing score bring it together so well.

>Supes' joy, the technically exellent framing, and the amazing score bring it together so well.
That shit was exactly what was basic.
He had the actor smile or the first time in the movie, played some uplifting Zimmer strings, and switched to a warm color pallet.

That's not even actual film student level technique. That's film CAMP techniques I got taught at fifteen years old.

The first flight scene you guys praise has all the ""subtle"" emotional manipulation of that Ikea lamp commercial from years ago minus any irony.

>subtle
never said this
anti Snyder babbies think people are always attacking their intelligence
grow up nigger

And where is your movies?

>never said this
No, I said it. Sarcastically. Hence the quotes. But since you didn't seem to get that I'll state it plainly.

Snyder's filmmaking style never grew past his roots in commercials and music videos. He relies entirely too much on color and score to create mood, and he does so in the most cliched and trite ways possible so that if you're even vaguely in the know of what the cues he uses mean it just comes off as kind of gross and boring.

It's elementary.

I made one shitty student film that didn't translate well to digital format and fuck if I can find it. It's probably buried in my parents' attic or something.

Still doesn't change the fact learning shit like "blue makes audiences feel sad. orange makes them feel happy" is literally day one stuff for babbies.

>Fincher's filmmaking style never grew past his roots in commercials and music videos.
no

This is not an argument.

>HURR IT'S GOOD CUZ POPULAR
>MUST BE A CHEF TO KNOW FOOD IS SHIT
Always what it comes down to wit you Sup Forums tards
Superman is too melancholy in the films, he is not a symbol of hope and strength, there is too much personal conflict and strife injected into his character. This does not necessarily make the movies inherently bad but it makes them bad Superman adaptations
>inb4 muh new direction, expanding the character
I'm all for that... in some comics stories or even down the line in a JL film or Superman sequel if I want a Superman film to restart a franchise I want one where I come out of the theatre feeling joyful and hopeful, otherwise I just don't want the character on the big screen

For the love of god, Matt Ryan as Constantine or this movie is a fucking bust.

>want one where I come out of the theatre feeling joyful and hopeful
If the last scene of MoS didn't make you giddy, I don't know what to tell you.

No, this is warner who has pulled in some high level talent before for these films and can do it again, especially with Del Toro on board
Fuck getting a tv actor when you could have someone like Ewan Mcgregor, or even Tom Hardy (though he may be too much of a manlet)

Because it should not be a hard question for pa kent.

We understand he was conflicted the problem is its not something he should be conflicted about.