What are Sup Forums's thoughts on The Incal? What do you expect from the upcoming movie adaptation by Refn?

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on The Incal? What do you expect from the upcoming movie adaptation by Refn?

Other urls found in this thread:

www16.zippyshare.com/v/Y4UYWsdy/file.html
www16.zippyshare.com/v/CWs6GwFi/file.html
www16.zippyshare.com/v/zWpGRRTp/file.html
www16.zippyshare.com/v/oeYK1n67/file.html
www16.zippyshare.com/v/OjM6buDQ/file.html
www16.zippyshare.com/v/ycpbC7tt/file.html
www16.zippyshare.com/v/uFNdpK2W/file.html
www16.zippyshare.com/v/qcPv8DwU/file.html
www16.zippyshare.com/v/1vwvglIm/file.html
www16.zippyshare.com/v/lU9zspWL/file.html
www16.zippyshare.com/v/w3RT6Ylj/file.html
www16.zippyshare.com/v/zgLj4sAv/file.html
www16.zippyshare.com/v/LCdax16N/file.html
www16.zippyshare.com/v/zQbGOv1r/file.html
www16.zippyshare.com/v/hpdkuVud/file.html
www16.zippyshare.com/v/EjwTqg0C/file.html
iwatchstuff.com/2016/06/nicolas-winding-refn-says-hes-not-adapti.php
thepiratebay.org/torrent/4899584/Jodorowsky___Gimenez_-_The_Metabarons_-_Complete_[CBR]
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like the Incal a lot, but I don't think it's the best work from either Moebius or Jodorwsky

I've only seen three of Refn's movies, but I really liked two of them so it could be cool. Has he ever done something anywhere near the scope before? I've only seen the crime movies

After the Incal Vol. 1 - The New Dream (2000) (digital-SD) (Minutemen-Excelsior)
www16.zippyshare.com/v/Y4UYWsdy/file.html

Before the Incal Vol. 1 - Farewell, Father (1988) (digital) (Minutemen-Excelsior)
www16.zippyshare.com/v/CWs6GwFi/file.html

Before the Incal Vol. 2 - Class R Detective (1990) (digital) (Minutemen-Excelsior)
www16.zippyshare.com/v/zWpGRRTp/file.html

Before the Incal Vol. 3 - Croot (1991) (digital-SD) (Minutemen-Excelsior)
www16.zippyshare.com/v/oeYK1n67/file.html

Before the Incal Vol. 4 - Psycho Anarchist (1992) (digital-SD) (Minutemen-Excelsior)
www16.zippyshare.com/v/OjM6buDQ/file.html

Before the Incal Vol. 5 - Vhisky, SPV, and Homeo-Whores (1993) (digital-SD) (Minutemen-Excelsior)
www16.zippyshare.com/v/ycpbC7tt/file.html

Before the Incal Vol. 6 - Suicide Alley (1995) (digital-SD) (Minutemen-Excelsior)
www16.zippyshare.com/v/uFNdpK2W/file.html

Final Incal Vol. 1 - The Four John Difools (2008) (digital) (Minutemen-Excelsior)
www16.zippyshare.com/v/qcPv8DwU/file.html

Final Incal Vol. 2 - Luz De Garra (2011) (digital-SD) (Minutemen-Excelsior)
www16.zippyshare.com/v/1vwvglIm/file.html

Final Incal Vol. 3 - Gorgo The Foul (2014) (digital-SD) (Minutemen-Excelsior)
www16.zippyshare.com/v/lU9zspWL/file.html

The Incal Vol. 1 - The Black Incal (1981) (digital) (Minutemen-Excelsior)
www16.zippyshare.com/v/w3RT6Ylj/file.html

The Incal Vol. 2 - The Luminous Incal (1982) (digital) (Minutemen-Excelsior)
www16.zippyshare.com/v/zgLj4sAv/file.html

The Incal Vol. 3 - What Lies Beneath (1984) (digital) (Minutemen-Excelsior)
www16.zippyshare.com/v/LCdax16N/file.html

The Incal Vol. 4 - What is Above (1985) (digital) (Minutemen-Excelsior)
www16.zippyshare.com/v/zQbGOv1r/file.html

The Incal Vol. 5 - The Fifth Essence - The Dreaming Galaxy (1988) (digital) (Minutemen-Excelsior)
www16.zippyshare.com/v/hpdkuVud/file.html

The Incal Vol. 6 - The Fifth Essence - Planet DiFool (1988) (digital) (Minutemen-Excelsior)
www16.zippyshare.com/v/EjwTqg0C/file.html

I really like it. It's probably for the best that it emerged from the ashes of the Dune adaptation, as it can stand on its own.

Incal > Before ≥ Final

Is this in english?Where can I find the original french?

I like the art. Jodo does nothing for me.

>What do you expect from the upcoming movie adaptation by Refn?

The Incal had stunning vision, humongous ideas, but the protagonist could have been developed a bit better. And some of the subplots could have been developed better (ex. Metabaron and DiFool arguing over who the Starship's true father is and what a father is) even if you'd have to sacrifice some of those spectacular setpieces and concepts

It's a Moeb comic, so it's genuinely incredible to read.

Jodo is in prime form, so he never stops riffing on weird, sexy, funny, exciting, pointed ideas.

I feel like it's very much a product of its time and its form. An adaptation of it, even by someone like Refn, feels feckless, as it's not a particularly compelling or specific story outside of its context. But as it is, it's perfect.

>What do you expect from the upcoming movie adaptation by Refn?

That it doesn't exist

iwatchstuff.com/2016/06/nicolas-winding-refn-says-hes-not-adapti.php

I really don't like The Incal for some reason even though I love both science fiction and eurocomics. The art is pretty cool though.

Characters and plot are shit but the art... my god it's masterpiece

They have it for sale on line, if you live in a large enough city, your LCS or a reputable book store should be able to order it for you, but you can also order the books on line, mail from Europe will be expensive.

>Refn

He also has a lot less pull in being able to tell the stories he wants given how his last few films have done worldwide.

But there was already a movie adaption

Neat. Ive been wanting some scifi lately. Whats the reading order?

it's a difficult read.
ironically, I would recommend starting with metabarons

The anime was pretty great.

order of publication

cont. the plot is very artsy / chaotic in an european way. you are thrown right in the middle of conflict and it doesn't slow down, or let go for a moment. it's a little like going through a grinder.

also, spin-offs surprisingly don't have much to do with the main Incal book.

>starting with metabarons
why?

Probably to get some background on Nameless, except he's a fucking wimp in Incal.

As for thread subject, I preferred Before. I am not a fan of loop endings.

libgen.io/comics

because they are an easy read, and they can engage easily the reader

Download speeds are slow as fuck currently

Thanks user. Might as well add this:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/4899584/Jodorowsky___Gimenez_-_The_Metabarons_-_Complete_[CBR]

...shame theyre not separate volumes - just all 17 issues in one .cbr.
(although one of the comments says its missing the last chapter - but I read the wiki page and I think he might be talking about a "Alpha/Omega (One-shot; collects The Crest of Castaka, The Last Metabaron, Incal: The Lost Pages, and a reworked version of Incal: The Lost Pages)"

>the plot is very artsy / chaotic in an european way.
It's written by an American. Everything Incal-related is written by the same American dude.

>implying Chile has anything to do with America in the common sense of the word

inb4 damage controling by arguing about semantics

"And this REEE REEE belongs to the Northern Wasp Froglet."

Is it the same dude every month?
I like Incal but it's getting suspect.

Humanoids' social media manager found /co...

The Incal is glorious. I can't rate it as a bad or good comic, it goes beyond classification in its insanity and total commitment to style. Art is Moebius at his best, story is Jodorowsky at his most trippy and it works, it works so wonderfully.

About the Refn movie... I'll believe it when I see it. Seems like a project he and Jodorowsky (they are personal friends) dreamed up one night while high on peyote. Don't know who would fund a vanity project like that. For all its brilliance The Incal just does not have the aame franchise potential as other comic book movies, and it's too much "genre fiction" to be taken seriously as art by the snobby art-film crowd.

Didn't he recently flat out say it wasn't happening?

bump

style =/= nationality
also, Jodorovsky is a kid european jews