There will likely be someone on Mars in the next 10 years

>there will likely be someone on Mars in the next 10 years

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laika
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>it will likely be an american

Where will they be from?

Switch places you two

No, there will not, a viable crewed mission to Mars will take over a decade to prepare and there's currently no such plans AFAIK

>currently no plans
Are you baiting?
SpaceX has plans to do it in 2027, NASA some time in 2030s

the real question is
will such person be white/male?

Not with all those budgetcuts.

that sounds rayciss
Let's send all blacks and disabled to Mars

i am asking for real.

for me, he will be a malefor sure but i can't tell the race.

About as high a chance as a Polack landing on Mars m8

It'll be a Chinese

No way.
China will be first
Russia second
America third

I was being serious too
Let's send all the blacks and disabled to mars

>Brits in charge of a tremendous money waste
Colour me surprised haha

SpaceX is on the right track and I do hope they produce a viable rocket system but they won't have a manned mission in that timeframe and neither will NASA. Here's the thing, the small nitpicking complexities of a module that can allow for the trip aside (and it's not minor even if arguably it's all existing/proven technology) a Mars mission will at the very least require three separate Mars missions, that's apart from how many launches to orbit they'll use.

You need to first send the rocket engine that will allow them to take off from Mars plus the put in orbit the fuel and supplies for the way back. And this is me leaving aside the actual habitat which while it could either be the take off module or the actual manned mission will probably require a fourth trip if you want a stay longer than a few days and to do anything more than the Americans on their moon missions, which would make for an incredibly mediocre Mars mission at current levels of technology. So that's 4 for it to be worth it, try to handle just the logistics of such a complex project, as if getting to Mars wasn't hard enough, at the standards you need to ensure safety of human beings, on just the planning stage, nevermind actually building the modules and selecting and training the crew.

Spacex right now has a dragon module which is very nice but completely unsuitable for such a trip amd they have yet to go through the process of certifying that, nevermind actually testing it. There's simply no way they're making a 10 year timeframe without any real plan and the necessary partnerships that will require.

I guarantee when you do actually see a Mars mission it's going to be a huge cooperative effort, NASA + ESA + a few meme third world agencies + some private contractors + probably the Russians. China, maybe India, would be the only ones to go at it alone and they have to make it to the moon first.

Will any children he has on Mars be the first officially recognised Ayy Lmaos?

at least you spelled colour right marek :D

4 tuntii töitä takana, 7 jäljellä

just like those hover boards

>it will be an alcoholic, obese Ameriburger

>for all we know there probably is an alien civilization on Titan right now

Then why haven't they made contact?

They probably don't use the same technologies as we do to achieve the same ends

Yes, this will seriously be one of the most important decisions of the century. In these fractured times of dissolving and intermixing nations, there is one chance to say, my people are closer to God than yours. I'm really excited to see who the team is (it wont just be one). Those excluded will be eternally butthurt. Will Elon bow to American media-backed social pressure, despite his childhood in South Africa? An engineer like him will choose the best person for the job, but while publicly he'll say it's based on technical competence and ability, he's too smart not to understand the enormous significance of his choices. Maybe no man in history has ever held so much power to shape the dreams of billions at a single decision

Russia can't even go to moon.

Or Mars. :^)

but their dogs can
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laika

>We don't even know how to land
>We don't even know how to get people back

And some other things I guess.
Maybe in 20 years.