Admit it, TLW is better

Admit it, TLW is better

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7VAdpb3DPSs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No. Have a nice day.

TLW is a much more interesting premise to me, but it was executed terribly compared to the original movie.

no

but the book might be

>yfw you realize the original park failed because Hammond DID spare an expense and it was on his Information Technology costs

Jurassic Park franchise has no bad movie

get out

C'mon now. I don't think Lost World was bad, I enjoyed it, but 3 was a steaming pile of shit and you can't argue otherwise

that depends on your personal view if something extremely dissapointing and/or boring can make a movie bad

>Original
>we made dinos and have them in cages
>fuck a fat cunt let em out
>RAWR RAWR RAWR AHHhh My arm.
>Clever Girl

>TLW
>We made the park again, but this time we have a dino have can preform surgery on its self, turn invisible and out smart all the dumb cunts we hired

I mean TLW is fucking retarded plot wise, the only reason anything happened was because 10 different people decided to open the main enclosure gate while looking for a missing dino, while the only person who chose to look up its GPS tracker Drove away.

The raptors escaping in the original made sense because they are only 6ft and light weight in a park with no more than 10 people, but this cunt who the thought might of jumped the wall and ran was 5 times bigger and the area was covered in personnel.

also the capture teams used cattle prods, even Zoo fucking Tycoon used a helicopter and tranq gun.

TLDR, The original has a possible plot with the main reason shit going ham was Greed + Mother Nature. TLW was bad writing

The scene where the trailers fall into the cliff is sweet but the rest of the film is pretty bad

You are talking about JW dumbass

Are you talking about the Lost World or Jurassic World?

You're confusing Jurassic World with Jurassic Park 2. JP2 was the one with Malcolm telling everyone how retarded it was going to the island with dinosaurs and no-one believing him til oops, turns out going to the island of dinosaurs killed everyone. Featuring a pretty good scene of the T-Rex fucking up San Francisco.

Unless Nedry is actually THAT good.

ill be honest i forgot JP2 even had a name, it was the worst of the 3. even with Jeffy Boy

TLW ( meaning JP2 this time) is still more retarded than the original.

>T-Rex eats everyone on a boat
ok...

Is this a thread of everyone fucking up? San Diego my dude, Sandy-Eggo

T-Rex in The Lost World was best American Godzilla.

Even if he was, for security reasons it's not a good idea to have a single person responsible for ALL computerized aspects of the park, for obvious reasons. Hammond fucked up and it was because he was too cheap to hire more than one IT guy and implement some redundant security.

Whatever. I'm not American so I don't give a shit, they're the same thing to me.

That was an editing/continuity fuck up and I don't even know HOW they fucked it up. It was supposed to be raptors that fucked up the crew.

Motherfucker ate a cute doggo there's no excuse for that

That never made sense to me, even as a kid. Even though the park wasn't open to the public, how the fucking shit did Hammond have such a thin crew for such a massive/expensive experimental island with literal giant lizards??

Everything was automated, which was Nedry's job. He has a point, the park could operate itself for days on end with only a skeleton crew and it was only possible because of the automation he developed and programmed. Which was why they were completely fucked without him.

damn you're right. He did say that line for line. He probably WAS being underpaid then.

No, not at all.

The first one is basically a perfect movie. The second one is, like, far from even being good, really.

It's a shame they changed the book so much, there was so much interesting stuff in it

>yfw DODGSON was actually the main villain and leader of the expedition, InGen went bankrupt after the Park disaster and Dodgson's company BioSys goes to Isla Sorna to capture the dinosaurs and steal the cloning tech
>the whole San Diego stuff doesn't happen
>there's a chase scene between Malcolm and his crew on motorcycles vs. the velociraptors
>Kelly isn't Malcolm's daughter
>there's a subplot about how the dinosaurs are exposed to modern diseases and their immune systems can't handle it, there's a real pandemic on the island

You think that kind of automation is easy? Or cheap?

youtube.com/watch?v=7VAdpb3DPSs

>He probably WAS being underpaid then.

I thought the implication was that he poorly managed his finances.

I mean the guy was probably getting paid a godamn fortune but he blew it all on hookers and snack cakes.

Your list of liked movies can't be very long if you think JP2 is far from even being good.

T-Rex in San Fran has a very special place in my heart.

The invisible dinos were fucking cool, and that scene from JW with the ball happens in TLW accept its a cage and raptors

>thinking the t-rex did it
>thinking there was a fuck up

uh no, you guys just aren't insightful at all to decode what really happened on that boat. There were hints, and it's not hard puzzle.

For smart people.

Hammonds line "I don't blame people for their mistakes...But I do ask that they pay for them" implies Nedry fucked up somehow and got it cut out of his pay I think. It's not really made clear.

2bh is Nedry was getting paid any less than 7 figures he was massively underpaid. Imagine a guy who could automate the functions of Disneyland. He'd be set for life.

TLW is underrated but in no way better than this masterpiece.
Maybe soundtrack when taken as a whole.

my interpretation was that Nedry had money problems, probably blew it all away while gambling in vegas or something like that

I'm pretty sure the Carnotaurus in TLW novel could make themselves invisible too

Its so weird how all of the movies have basically just borrowed little pieces from the books. Like how the aviary scene is in the first book but the third movie, the invisible dino is in JW but the second book, there are two trexes in the first book and its speculated there are in the movie too they just arent shown together

>the whole San Diego stuff doesn't happen

that was great though

Its said that he "bid" for what hes paid, so he undercut everyone hammond was cheap and got the guy who said they would do it for the least.

So really its like he brought a dino zoo made in china and then got pissed because the zoo broke after a week

It's kinda surreal how much better the book is than the film. Especially for me since JP was the first film I have memory of watching.

yeah, they recycled a lot of stuff from the TLW book for jurassic world, also the motorcycle chase scene that mentioned

Did anyone else fuck around with the holographic t-Rex cover on the vhs of it?

It was Moriarty the whole time!

what was it then smarty pants

The movie JP is much better than the book.
Only good scenes from the book where with the characters talking about genetics, computers and the park. They had these chapters from time to time. There were more dinosaur scenes but limiting their number in the movie works (and there were more sequels anyway). The climax with the raptors was infinitely better in the movie too and I just dislike the last scene with some secret government guys being all fake creepy and "we're not gonna let you leave this place ever fear us"

>asking me to tell you

You won't learn that way, dumb dumb. Why don't you think about it? I'll give you a hint though, the end scene of Jurassic Park 2 was foreshadowed in the first movie.

Don't you remember a similar event occurring somewhere along the way? Once you remember what that was, you should be able to figure it out.

ALAN

Had it's moments, but I dont think it was better.

IT had too much stupid shit in it.

> Black kid beats an adult Raptor with GYMNASTICS
> PETA Idiot lets all the dinos out and gets a shitload of people killed, is still a hero
> Stupid woman brings a baby T-Rex to camp and gets the best guy killed

The San Diego part was cool, but it didn't really fit IMO.

So you don't know. Cool.

>JP and West World are a shared universe
Will the next film address this?

The baby t-rex killed them you autistic anime poster.

I found myself getting more immersed in the book honestly. Maybe cause I'd seen the film several dozen times over the course of 16 years prior to the book and the differences stuck out to me. I vividly remember enjoying Hammond's death and the firebombing of the island. I preferred that to the film's ending because it felt like a more natural conclusion to me.

I am eternally amused by the lengths some people to run from having to think for themselves. This is why you don't deserve to have the answer spoonfed for you. You've gotten to used to throwing tantrums and getting told whatever you want through your silly little tricks.

I'm not lying to you, an answer really does exist. But if you sit down and think about it and still don't figure it out, you'd be forced to admit you are fool, wouldn't you? Much easier to delude yourself into thinking no answer exists and that you are truly the wise one for never bothering to use your brain.

Ah well, can't change human nature.

The baby T-Rex wasn't on the boat mister. They had to go pick him up from Jurassic Park San Diego in Malcolm's red sportscar, remember?

Spielberg isn't interested in talking about this movie but I'm curious what was the whole deal with Vince Vaughn? Was it because Spielberg had interst in ecology in the 90s? But I don't know if it was this simple after all he made Nick guilty of nearly killing the whole team and the InGen hunters make a good point that the dinosaurs aren't natural creations so they had right to be involved. It had to be done on purpose

They literally say in the movie that the baby was brought in on a plane instead of the boat.

>le contrarian thread XD

holy fuck I hate this board so much, I don't even know why I come here anymore

If a modern movie or show gains any amount of mainstream popularity and is liked/loved by most critics and or audience members this board will hate it.

And sometimes it gets to the point where some of you faggots believe that the contrarianism on this board is the popular opinion irl. It would be apparent in an instant that if you were to leave your bubble on this Mongolian cave painting imageboard that it is not the case in the slightest

INB4:

>>>reddit
>reddit spacing

>Ending to JP2 was foreshadowed in JP1
>ITS POTTERY STEBAN IT RIMES

In the DVD commentary it was explained that there was a deleted scene where the raptors managed to sneak onto the ship that transported the T-Rex and they killed the crew

It is actually possible to like JP2 more than the first one without ever having been to Sup Forums at all. I did it for years.

I have a comic adaptation. Before even got to borrow the vhs. It is a good movie. Not perfect but it should be vindicated by history.
I know there's an extended tv edit but I don't know if it can be found anywhere.

This man thinks he's clever, but he's just as foolish as all the rest. Not able to think for himself, only able to regurgitate what he is told.

>Treating Jurassic Park like it's some cryptic Illuminati shit
Ok hope you're having fun LARPing

In the book InGen gave him practically zero information on what he was working on and they kept changing what they wanted him to do while demanding he do all this new work for free because of the contract he signed with them. Pretty shit situation for him to be honest.

>Jurassic Park
>Boring first act
>The Lost World
>Boring second act

It's a wash. Both represent Spielberg at his most uninterested. They are like signposts before and after Schindler's List.

Spielberg wanted to shoot Schindler's List before Jurassic Park but the head of Universal told him he couldn't, Jurassic Park had to come first because he could never bring himself to make if he did Schindler's List first.

So Spielberg finished Jurassic Park TEN DAYS ahead of schedule and went off to make the movie he really wanted to. He told the cast on Jurassic Park that they'd be doing a maximum of three takes for every setup then move on.

After Schindler's List, Spielberg took the longest hiatus of his career. He decided to come back with The Lost World because it was, in his words, a simple movie to do. Over the past 20 years he's been dismissive and apologetic about it.

Jurassic Park didn't have a boring first act. It was great. Alan Grant scaring the shit out of that kid, Mr DNA, the 'Shoot her! Shoot her!' scene, it was all good

this is why I think TLW book is the best JP

every movie after JP borrows ideas and concepts from Crichton's sequel which was packed to the brim with great sequences and plot points

Spielberg is a humongous fuck for disregarding a good book adaptation in favor for King Kong with Dinosaurs

>disregarding a good book adaptation
Except the book was literally a hack job because the studio dropped a bag of money in his lap and said "write another one, but bring malcolm back."

who gives a fuck

it was still better than 3 sequel-movies combined

It's not at all. It's a simple puzzle.

And still you flee desperately from any attempt to solve it on your own, resorting to these pathetic fabrications about my intentions.

>jurassic world and jpIII are good

JP 4/4
TLW 3/4
JPIII 2/4
JW 0/4

spielberg pretty much forced Crichton to write a sequel because of the sucess of the first movie

he didn't want to write it because he doesn't like to write sequels

The Lost World is boring as shit. Jurassic Park 3 is the only good sequel.

>boring as shit
A true pleb filter

Ps 3 and 4 are actually boring.

Bump

>two very annoying kids where there is only one slightly annoying kid in the film

>screams
>That's a bad idea.
>scream
>That's a very bad idea.
>screams
>That's a very very bad idea

III was unnecessary.

My guy. I used to bring it to school to show it off to all the kids. Shit was so cash

Jurassic World was fucking garbage.

It was. I never get an answer so I'll ask again. Why did the aunt LEAVE the pen area to phone call the control center and start driving away? Like why didn't she just tell Star lord and the other guy to hang tight while she called the control center guys. Why did Star lord enter the pen without getting an ok

I always thought this to be true. Rewatched TLW 2 days ago. The first 40 minutes are incredible. But after the truck goes over the cliff it drags.
>random guy gets eaten by raptors because roland is a lazy mexican
>Trex sneaks into the camp at night
>raptor fields subplot
>kid does gymnastics
It does get good again in the end, but the whole mid section is boring af.

I thought the second act was better than the first idk

I just dig the cars and Goldblum. He doesn't get much to do after the cliff scene until they arrive in San Diego.

>The Lost World is boring as shit

Cancel that opinion.