What's Sup Forums's opinion on this and Cheers...

What's Sup Forums's opinion on this and Cheers? Slowly made my way through both series on netflix the past few months and enjoyed them a lot

Other urls found in this thread:

frasierverse.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Roz_episodes
youtube.com/watch?v=UuQAEVLljF4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I started watching Frasier ironically since everyone on Sup Forums worships it. Currently on season 9 and I'm ready to call it my favorite sitcom.
Definitely caught me by surprise.

I'm user and I represent Sup Forums and they're both two of the best US sitcoms ever

Frasier could have been the best American laughtrack sitcom of all time if it hadn't been for Daphne, a truly terrible character played by a woman who can't act and whose storylines were generally the lowpoint of a given episode.

>laughtrack sitcom
I thought that most of the show was filmed before a live audience?

Roz is easily the best show of that TV universe

frasierverse.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Roz_episodes

What about Becker? That's pretty fuggin american too

stop
please

not again

Great series but too many cancer-class characters and the last 3 or 4 seasons were very weak.

Yeah it was. People just assume sitcoms are laugh tracks because of the cancer we have now.

Same with friends; all live. Its why you get cheers when people come on and off and shit happens.

I assume it's a laugh track because no one would actually find anything Daphne says or does amusing.

Fucking savage

But yeah you have to also keep in mind its completely different in an audience scenario. Laughing is a social activity, and everyone is there expecting to laugh, so things get more reactions live.

Cheers is almost perfect but I love it

S3 is the best but S5 is close second

Classic example of running something into the ground. Show fell apart as soon as Niles and Daphane got together.

I remember there was something like this for the continuation of the Raimi trilogy. it was ridiculous and autistic and just kept on going. Spider-Man 4, Spider-Man 5, etc. it had release date and everything. Can someone please find it for me?

I wanna watch this shit. But the prospect of having to watch all seasons with a Main Character being in love with somebody else and having to wait till near the end of the series just for them to get together is not my kind of fun.

>having to wait till near the end of the series just for them to get together
That doesn't happen. I believe that there are 11 seasons, and they get together in the final episode of the 7th season.

Also - the love attraction is not played as a serious notion, for the first five-or-so seasons. For a good portion of those seasons, the main character of whom you spoke is actually 'happily' married to someone else; and the jokes about his wandering eye are short and few, but consistent.

oh okay. Does he act like a cuck like Mosby did ?

youtube.com/watch?v=UuQAEVLljF4

Not really? That's a very odd comparison of two very different lifestyles.

Kelsey Grammar is amazing. His early stuff in Cheers is some of the best comedic performing I've ever seen. Love both shows but I like Frasier more because I'm from Seattle and it really does a good job lampooning the liberal faggotry vibe in this town. The cast was perfect too.

Absolutely loved both shows.

Frasier is definitely a top 5 comedy for me desu, Cheers is a little more subdued but still classic.

Frasier, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Seinfeld are like a holy trinity

Cheers was great until Kirstie Alley showed up.

Totally ruined the show for me. How am I supposed to believe that Ted Danson is in anyway attracted to that? Shelly Long was way more attractive and funnier.

Cheers is classic.

Frasier is okay. Really only Frasier and Niles were funny in it, and people got confused into thinking clever characters = clever show when the writing and comedy was very by the numbers.

>Totally ruined the show for me. How am I supposed to believe that Ted Danson is in anyway attracted to that?
Yeah, that bothered the hell out of me. The first scene where he sees her, in season 6, he's reduced to gibberish; and I just didn't get it for a minute. She didn't look attractive, she wasn't dressed provocatively - there was absolutely nothing about Allie which gave her any sex appeal, beyond the writing of the script. The scene was a very forceful and stupid way to introduce a (consistently) very forced and stupid character.

>What's Sup Forums's opinion on this and Cheers?
Greatest sitcoms ever. Wings is pretty good too and it belongs in the same universe.

Cheers is overrated as fuck and I genuinely can't wrap my head around what people love about it when other sitcoms that ran concurrently (example: Night Court) were largely better. Haven't seen Frasier so I can't comment on it.

Even shows filmed in front of a studio audience used canned laughter in the final project.

Yes, of course, but not in its entirety. Only when they did not get the desired reaction(s) from the audience.

It gets worse when they get together. Niles constantly spilling his spaghetti is the best part.

Was Roz a slut?

You have your thread; go away.

Cheers is classic comfy. I can still watch the whole series.

Frasier went on a few too many seasons. They should've killed it after Niles and Daphne got together.

>get to apartment
>start spamming cherry's

The wine tasting level was tricky

If any of you are having trouble with the outdoor cabin level, just switch to Niles and spam the bug spray

Is it true there's a cheat code you can put in to unlock Maris?

Frasier is the comfiest show ever made.
Cheers is incredibly comfy too, just not to the same level.

That Bulldog boss fight at the radio station in that game was really tough. I've heard that if you visit Roz in her booth before the fight begins she gives you extra health.

Some boys they go to college...

I was very, very surprised that they made that bit. Not just because the nature of the censors, but also because of the apparent intended audience for the program. They never went that blue before, and they never went that blue again.

Was that joke considered particularly risqué at the time vis-a-vis censorship, or was it seen as simply edgy (using the real meaning of the word)? Does anyone know?

Frasier HD remaster when? They've done one for Friends, Seinfeld, That 70s Show, the X-Files, Law and Order even back to the 1990 episodes, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, even Malcolm in the Middle which was shot on Super 16 film and was always quite grainy.

Hell the last two seasons were even aired in 16:9 ratio and 1080i HD by NBC, but you can't actually see true HD versions of these episodes in streaming or in syndication.

Cheers is great, but dated, and doesn't have the same energy it did on release.

Fraiser is still brilliant and shines from great writing and even better character acting.

>Cheers ... doesn't have the same energy it did on release.
What do you mean?

They implied the word "pussy", I don't understand why you think this is so shocking.

Frasier was good but around 2001 or so it went downhill fast.

>They implied the word "pussy"
Yes, but I don't think that that joke was expected out of 'the smartest show on television'. That was my point.

Nah it's just an urban legend

>'the smartest show on television'
It wasn't exactly a high brow show; dumb people thought that if the main characters were pedants, it meant the show was "smart". Similar to Big Bang Theory.

Frasier was funny and all, but it wasn't smarter than most shows out there.

Started to go down the shitter when Daphne's family started appearing more.

>mfw you are literally Roz

post pusy pics

While I'll agree with that, you cannot say that Richard E. Grant did anything wrong with his role.

Cheers is pleb garbage.

Frasier is one of the few watchable laughtrack sitcoms.

>Only when they did not get the desired reaction(s) from the audience.
They don't really record the audience in these shows, and even if they did the audience is prompted by the producers using "applause" signs and things like that.

Frasier was too intelligent for me

>They don't really record the audience in these shows
Cheers sure as hell did. There are tons of occasions where the audience made the actors have to visibly stop or wait. The most conspicuous instance which I can recall is the first episode featuring Andy Andy. After the actor exits the stage, there is at least five seconds of straight, unprompted applause from the audience for the actor's performance, and the remaining members of the scene visibly stiffen up.

The whole "Cheers is filmed before a live studio audience" message at the beginning of every episode was prompted by viewer responses which complained about the volume of the supposed laugh track. And, at one point in the series, they even have Coach say about some television program: "Gee, I hope they don't use that canned laughter stuff."

Cheers is up there with That 70s Show in the comfy sitcom hierarchy.
I once heard it said that Piano Man is how a bar looks when you're sober and Cheers is how it looks when you're drunk.

The comedy was quite clever.

LONDONG

nice blog