When does it get good? I really enjoyed most of the original series back when I first saw it...

When does it get good? I really enjoyed most of the original series back when I first saw it, but I'm 5 episodes into the new season and so far only episode 4 was good, and that's because I accidentally watched it first thinking it was the 1st episode (it worked surprisingly well).

There's no atmosphere, everything is shot in such a shoddy way, no production value, fucking digital, most characters are throwaways that have ONE scene where they just say something "quirky" and then there's a 10 second silence, most of the female cast is just samey looking skanks that wanna get fucked, most of the dudes are edgy losers. Visually it's so bad, the lighting, the sound design, the camera, the editing that makes A listers (who are very out of place desu) look like amateurs

If I genuinely thought ep 4 was ep 1 and it worked way better, it's obviously clear that 90% of the show is filler. It's even more obvious when you think of Lynch's interviews and how he would constantly rewrite things because of irl issues (casting, etc) and doesn't actually give a fuck about creating a coherent consistent story

Also oh wow how fucking on-the-nose to have that alien entity thing look like a neuron and spew electricity through its body, really fired my fucking neurons.

Is Lynch making this bad on purpose? Literally everything that could have gone wrong is going wrong

I stopped watching after Ep 5, no intention of going back unless I hear of marked improvements.

Lynch is probably the only director where in my opinion, studio exec/external intervention is welcome. At least when it comes to TV.

Watch until Part 8

hehehe, l-lynched

this but unironically

>h-he you got LYNCHED, you fell into my clever trap of pretending to be a good director!

I'm seeing it through to the end. But I feel like Albert in the last episode. If I didn't care about certain characters (because of the original TP), I would have dropped this many episodes ago.

It doesn't get better. But there's only 6 more episodes of this shit so I'll see it through. There's been a lot of rationalisation from Lynch fans as this season has gone on. If you had told any of them that the new season would feature Agent Cooper as a bumbling retard named Dougie for 18 hours they'd have laughed at you.

so were all still watching this ironically, laughing at how triggered some people are; while we are actually very triggered but just laughing it off somehow?

If anyone other than Lynch directed and it turned out exactly the same way, they would hate it.

It doesn't get good

clearly this show isn't for you, so stop watching it before you get more upset
also wasted trips

>doesn't take place in Twin Peaks
>none of the characters from the promotional footage actually feature
>Kyle is back but only as a means to trick an audience into watching this shit

Unforgivable tbqh. Anyone that says they enjoy Dougie scenes past episode 5 is a fucking liar.

the dougie scenes are tragedy to me and they make me feel like shit, to some other people it's comedy I guess
this show was never going to be enjoyed by a huge audience since it's inception, I like it a lot but I can see why most other people hate it, and even then there is some stuff I dislike too

This but completely ironically.

>Kyle is back but only as a means to trick an audience into watching this shit
Did Lynch pull of a Kojima? Is this the MGS2 of Twin peaks?

I unironically enjoy Dougie scenes. I agree with , they're somewhat tragic. They remind me a bit of American Psycho, where a person is troubled and tries to get help yet everyone is too self absorbed to notice.

No, it's the phantom pain of Twin Peaks, season 3 is shit on purpose. Season 4 has secretly already been commissioned and will actually be good.

YET
ANOTHER
NORMALFAG
BTFO

I am really attatched to the character of Cooper, so seeing him as a retard who has to depend on lodge spirits to survive is heartbreaking by itself, but realizing that if he ever gets his mind back he's going to realize that he lost 25 years of his life and his weakness in the lodge led to the death of countless people is even worse. In some ways he's living a better life now than he ever has as an agent, he's rich, has a loving wife who will take care of him and love him no matter what, he has a kid, and eventually he's either going to lose it all, stay a retard or pretend to stay a retard
It works on various levels but I can totally see why it's not for everyone
The one thing I dislike about the new show is the various one off scenes, while jacobi and jerry are obviously building up to something, stuff like the chip ain't got no phone guy being involved in a random criminal scheme or the random people at the Roadhouse don't really do anything for me and don't set any kind of mood, also the musical performances really take me out of it and remind me that I'm watching a tv show, but these are minor complaints

>but I'm 5 episodes into the new season and so far only episode 4 was good

you should stop now because it keeps getting worse.

>jacobi and jerry are obviously building up to something
I am not even sure about that. I didn't mind these scenes at the start of the season as they set the mood of how does twin peaks changes in 25 years. However still having them after 12 episodes is simply retarded. They are adding nothing of value to the show while the core story seems to not have enough attention.

Nah Jerry and Jacobi will totally get involved when shit goes down in the woods, they're quite obviously setting them up as random elements. Maybe the hobos will take over Jacobi's show. If anything the show has been too predictable up until now, they wouldn't throw a curveball by having all that buildup lead to nothing

It's intriguing and I can't stop watching, but all for the wrong reasons.

Back in the days ABC watched over them so they actually produce something entertaining.

New season is 100% garbage.

Brainlet

Have you people even watched original Twin Peaks? Because it was shit compared to this.

Fucking hipster homos.

The only good part is the ghost bums and they only show up a couple times.

Watch episode 8 and then stop.

considering literally nobody is watching this season (check the ratings on wikipedia fucking ray donovan gets 5 times as many viewers) it would take a fucking miracle to get season 4 green lit

lynch would have to crowdsource it and air it on the internet but i don't think anyone would even pay for it after the fucking mess he shit out this year.

It starts to pick up in episode 12 when Cooper gets his mind back.

>Most people on Sup Forums praised Twin Peaks: The Return
>Part 12 comes out
>Everyone shits on Twin Peaks: The Return
Hmmmm.....

No, what's happened is, like , you're a pleb who was never able to deal with Lynch anyway, probably couldn't get into Inland Empire, and didn't realize that to him reviving Twin Peaks was never more than a means to an end. It's not Twin Peaks II, It's Inland Empire II, as I and other Lynch fans repeatedly warned people like you that it would be before it aired, and as you repeatedly refused to accept.

So many fucking brainlets ITT
LMAO

>It's Inland Empire II

It really isn't. Generally speaking it seems to me that it's sort of a restrospective of his entire career. Though of course it does have the most in common with the Lost Highway/ Mulholland Drive/ Inland Empire trilogy.

You can't name an episode "Let's Rock" and have it be an exposition dump episode. Not even Lynch gets away with that.

Stick to Game of Thrones, sweetie :)

>When does it get good?

A second into episode 1 you fucking piece of shit dirtbag

Nah dude I love watching ten uninterrupted minutes of some dude sweeping a floor. While you're at it, gimme 5 minutes of some skank putting her shoes on and leaving a room. I never liked the charming, charismatic Dale anyway, so why not make him actually autistic and have him bumble around some wacky shenanigans like Mr. Magoo. There's an episode that isn't long enough? Let's have a poorly aged Audrey ridicule her literal cuckold midget husband for having no balls, and make him build up a phone call with no resolution, effectively making the scene completely pointless.
Oh, and be sure to end every episode with a really shitty hipster band.

I rewatched Episode 1-4 and they are actually really fucking good, probably the most cosnistently great series of episodes so far, the rest have been pretty hit or miss

this

This show is painful because 50% of it is really suspenseful and interesting, while the other 50% is literal dogshit (sweeping, filler scenes, music performances). It's the most uneven work of art I can recall.

hahaha
L Y N C H E D
Y
N
C
H
E
D

Kill yourself before you doing any more damage to the world. I am serious. You are everything that is wrong with the world.