ITT movie aliens with genuinely "alien" designs

ITT movie aliens with genuinely "alien" designs

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megavirus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks too much like a giant dude

Need something without a head, without limbs, maybe something that is evolved to move in zero gravity

Nice but nothing that impressive

Movie monster designs have stagnated for quite some time, sadly.

>human-like hands
neeeext

>obvious human torso + head shape with arms tucked in and legs atrophied to jellyfish bits
Nope
The fact of the matter is coming up with something truly alien is literally impossible, you can't create something with a point of reference, it's just how the brain works, so anything you come up with will always have something entirely terrestrial at its core

Looks like a morel mushroom on a mess of limbs.

*without a point of reference shit

Shitty design. Why does the alien have pecs and abs?

on the micro scale we start to see things that seem completely foreign to us

it spoops me knowing these little guys are in everything we eat, breathe, and touch
what is their endgame?

I want to watch a movie where the alien looks like this!

Alien Planet was neat. Reminded me of Douglas Dixon's stuff or All Tomorrows.

Outta my way movieshits

just goes to show that it's better to not show

>walking cowboy boots

Don't forget the smaller tail is its dick and its mouths are on the bottom of its feet.

YASSSSSSSSS QUEEN

Honestly the reveal was quite disappointing

CAUSE IT IS

This, kinda.

Man after Man and All Tomorrow's hit that sweet spot of disturbing and strange.

>tfw every time period just before a mass extinction must have looked more alien than anything holywood or vidya, even "recreational" artists could hope to pump out
Your damned if you use references
>Uhh, its just a crab/squid/man/bug/worm/fungus and so on
and damned if you don't
>WHAAAT?! What is this unrealistic drivel! That is not how that works, just take a look at this crab/squid/man/bug/worm/fungus and so on

poor pupper

did nothing wrong

fuck-ugly design from a shitty boring ass movie.

God-tier

This shit was perturbing.

I win

Sometimes when I'm close to falling asleep I can generate random pictures in my mind that goes in all directions without my direct control. I've tried to lean it towards creatures and sometimes I've seen things that really seem alien to me or at least much more original than most designs. I'm gonna try to become better at sketching so I can actually show it to someone instead of just keeping it in my head.

I'd SLAYYY that ayy if you catch my drift famalam

To inject their genetic material into our bacteria.
they exist to rape

>another Blindsight fan

I thought I'd die alone here

>Multiple limbs lmao
But seriously tho, blood borne designs are cool but nothing special really. Some even feel lazy.

>has a head, pectorals, ribcage, shoulder

yeah very alien. its still humanoid, even if you take a mermaids body, turn it into a beefcake and drench it in blue food coloring

kys

>mfw abbot is death process

>tfw when there are plenty of unbelievable creatures on earth to reference that would create a disturbing alien but the hacks will never bother

even a fucking caterpillar, you could do something with.

Better then original Alien.

>there are people that think the alien has a head or a torso
lmao

Why would you just assume that non earth life wouldn't generally evolve under similar circumstances to earth life?

Gravity's effect on life above the micro scale is pretty strong. It's not efficient to have a bunch of random shit thrown together in a pile.

I'd argue that alien life forms would be very similar to human life due to convergent evolution

>it spoops me knowing these little guys are in everything we eat, breathe, and touch

And they look robotic in shape and form, instead of looking like any other organic life form, like tardigrades and shit.

Viruses = Robutts

The sea, man. Just take one look into the sea and you're set.

Please stop. We don't need you contacting the dead things that lie in the void whenever you're falling asleep.

Even if you never saw something before, your brain will instantly make a connection. It could be literally anything, as long as you can perceive it and you'll go "oh it looks a bit like this and this combined"

It's not just that the artist has a subconscious reference point, it's that you also have one even if it was completely different to what the artist was thinking of. Micro-organisms just look like geometric shapes with "legs" and could be some sort of blocky squid. There is nothing in the universe that would utterly blow our brains out except the aspect of scale (an alien the size of the sun would be crazy I guess)

Is this a normal thing? I can see incredibly detailed things, that morph into each other and with incredibly intricate details and mechanics and shit, that I have never seen before, and I couldn't draw it or think of it consciously. It's basically a ridiculously fast stream of random data, it can be movie-like scenes from movies that don't exist, people that I've never seen before, machinery, organic things, abstractions, vistas, anything.

I can do this every time I close my eyes and concentrate on it, instantly.

I don't know how common it is but I know exactly what you mean and experience it too. As I said though, I can only really do it well when I'm tired and am dipping into my subconscious. If I'm awake and alert I can still kind of do it but not with very much clarity or detail.

Pandora's Star has good aliens. It's not a movie though

>23 years into life, user discovers his own imagination

>DUDE JUST SKIP LEG DAY LMAO

nope

thats just a slug

>Human life
Did you mean Earth life?
It depends on lots of factors though.
And do keep in mind that, as I said here,
that our world has had several major Mass Extinctions, even before dinobros.
You go 200 million years ago and your surrounded by the weird fucking shit.
What the fuck is this? And mind you, it could have looked completely different as reconstructions from bone, especially artist renderations, usually are built on faulty methods.
Even back then, lots of creatures were essencially
>DUDE, X WITH Y LMAO
>Okay dude, imagine a leech, but its a worm, but its a snail, and it likes to rave

REDDIT

AND

MEMEY

I get the same thing with music. I think it's a combination of two things:
1. Your mind actually is zipping from idea to idea faster, because it's not bounded by logical structure, and instead is following a seeded psuedo-random path
2. The ideas just _seem_ fully fleshed out because you're not fully conscious, you can't process the information enough to discern the lack of detail

Does everyone's imagination work like that though? I've usually heard that people's imagination works like, you know, "imagine a house" and then they imagine a house. When I imagine a house I get hundreds of houses with architectural elements morphing into each other multiple times per second.

In order for THAT alien to reach the pinnacle of it's own nature, it would have had to endure some sort of natural selection along it's way.

That means that it's more far fetched for a floating poop monster, to be technologically advanced, than the aliens with hands and heads we see in most fiction.

How about something with opposable thumbs?

Looks like something out of avatar

was that intended to prove him wrong?

That's the megasquid from The Future is Wild with more shit on it.

I forgot picture.
There was also some creature that was calling McArthurs monster or something. Lived in caves and looked like 8 years old first Monster Blender render.

>literally a dudes torso

those pectoral like muscles make no sense without some limb or joint to move

They have none, since they are not alive.

>muscles
you're imagining things that aren't there

What makes you so sure that's muscle?
How do you know they even have muscle?

You can't apply a terrestrial rubric to extraterrestrial life, it's extrapolating from a datapoint of one.

>cheap sandworm knock off

Aliens =/= spaceadventurers

This can be images of creatures on a different planet, they don't have to be intelligent or "the pinnacle of it's own nature". It can even be an unique version of its own kind, like how we have midgets and people with extra limbs.

They're just molecules friendo, not even an organism. I find that kinda frightening, the idea that something could just be crude matter and still have a facsimile of purpose and motivation. It's like if dust could reproduce, or kill.

underrated movie

the sea creature was shit though

>not an organism

you'd think so, but suddenly en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megavirus

A virus exists in a weird kind of limbo where it's considered neither living nor dead.

Off the top of my head?
>Symbiotic relationship with other species
>Polymorphism within the species, based on age, circumstance, gender-like division or subspecies
>Change from original state due to engineering or unguided genetic variance
>May have been created, or by a byproduct of a different species
>Could have grown in extremely different conditions, where selection criteria was vastly different to ours
>May have unseen capabilities, in the way electric eals or jellyfish do

It's an alien my guy, you can't apply our rules to them just because you don't know theirs.

this is making me think of lovecraftian stories, where a creature is meant to be beyond or imagination. They tend to use tentacles, which is alien to us but it's something that's been done a lot.

pic related is a 5th dimensional Imp (Qwsp) from Dc comics. The art makes a decent attempt at showing the spacial alienation, playing with perspectives and frames.

Is there a film that did something like this, besides Dr. Strange.

>HAHA DUDE THE WHOLE PLANETS THE ALIEN!
I fucking love abstract and unfathomable aliens born out of cosmos itself, origin unknown. Space Horror should be a redundant tittle.
If your Sci-Fi isn't making the viewer feel small you are doing it wrong.

The idea that there is a pinnacle creature of its own nature is at odds with how we understand nature.

Not, that's Ramiel
Leliel is the shadow sphere.

Suck lovecrafts dick more plz

Can someone just explain to me how the tiny legs are supposed to support the rest? ANYONE?

Is the "bulb" not as heavy as it looks? Is gravity or air pressure kind of fucked up where they come from?

Their ship has arbitrary control of gravity. Weight is meaningless.

i believe they just float around, hence no need for their legs

They carry hereditary information, can replicate and are subject to evolutionary forces so they're hardly just molecules. Only thing they lack compared to "true" life is their own metabolism.

>hands
>head
>torso

the fuck outta here

I think the movie did a good job of keeping them mostly hidden. Even when they reveal them completely in the death process scene they still hide them in that milky smoke.

I thought it was clever to hide their scale like that. Until that reveal, it's entirely possible that what we see is just the arm or something enormous. At the end, it makes them just that little bit more relatable when we see that they're individual organisms.

>having a body made of matter

Why do they have supporting structures at all then?

What is this?

>dude what if we had a big human squid XD

>To propel through the ship's gas
>To manipulate controls and signal things
>To orient themselves on a particular surface
Their control of gravity is arbitrary and locally variable, that doesn't mean they have no gravity, hell they could ratchet it up to 100G just at their fingertips to work as anchors, they could be using localized high grav-pockets to condense their turds into little pellets and firing shooting them out like watermelon seeds: there are literally limitless possible ways to explain anything when you information is this intentionally limited.

>A plant with crab claws
It's called the anthropic paradox. The most alien thing you can imagine is still informed by the life on earth.

it is actually a pant with crab claws though

The Andromeda Strain