Name a bigger disappointment in film

Name a bigger disappointment in film.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9PSXjr1gbjc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not this because the LOTR films were shit so everyone knew this'd be shit also.

I can't.

The third film sucked balls and shit

The Force Awakens. With The Hobbit, I expected very little because the LOTR movies had been getting worse and going in the wrong direction, and also because they were caught in a tonal catch-22: if you adapt The Hobbit in a way true to the tone of the book, everyone will be like WTF is this its nothing like my medieval fantasy action combat movies starring Orlandon Bloom and Viggo and funny short scottish man, whereas if you adapt it in a way consistent with the tone of the LOTR movies you are exposing that the story is completely unsuitable for that kind of interpretation.

On the other hand The Force Awakens was a massive disappointment, because the Star Wars movies had been going the right direction and because there was really no baggage at all, they could have gone any direction they wanted with it and would still have been guaranteed hundreds of millions of dollars. And we got what we got.

Theyre all completely asinine fucking garbage. The one interesting thing in them is the kind of eastern European styled design of Laketown. It's not super Tolkienian but whatever, it looked neat.

The Hobbit is disappointment-kino.

>if you adapt The Hobbit in a way true to the tone of the book, everyone will be like WTF is this its nothing like my medieval fantasy action combat movies starring Orlandon Bloom and Viggo and funny short scottish man, whereas if you adapt it in a way consistent with the tone of the LOTR movies you are exposing that the story is completely unsuitable for that kind of interpretation

Extremely well said. The Hobbit had literally everything stacked against it; I went in with low expectations.

>prequels
>right direction
here we go

Highlander was my favorite movie, so I go to see this at the theater, have the worst experience of my life then come home and find out that my dad hung himself.

Thanks Russell Mulcahy

I can't be the only one that really likes the first one. But it just keeps getting worse.

Pretty sure there's already a couple of Dark Tower threads up.

I liked the beginning in bag-end and riddles with Gollum.

As bad as the movies are, there's some good stuff sprinkled throughout.

Why did only the main dwarves have normal faces?

>and find out that my dad hung himself.

I know it doesn't mean much but it should be "hanged"

Hung in more ways than one!

These movies were so bad it gave me cancer

I dont get that image
am I retarded?

I enjoyed the first Hobbit film though, next one was bad and Five Armies is genuinely one of the worst films I've ever seen

I hope you're trolling, it's just a low effort comic.

Nothing will top this

the second one was good

Just looking at this makes me sad.

The Star Wars prequels and Dark Tower

I agree, they screwed Hobbit :( First movie was somehow bearable, but the further it went...

I remember everyone being so hyped and then it came out people said it wasn't good. I didn't believe them and then I saw the movie and was disappointed and told people at school the next day they were right

The first one left me hoping for a better sequel, the second made me swer to not watch the third one in theaters and the third broke any faith in Jackson that was left.

The first one was just good enough to get my hopes up. It had its low points (especially with Radagast) but it also had some pretty good moments that made up for them, and even if it wasn't great it gave me hope. The second movie kind of dashed those hopes. It was mostly shit with a handful of good moments, but they didn't make up for the shit ones at all. Still thought to myself "Well it can't get worse, might was well watch the third one just to see things through"

The third movie was a fucking trainwreck.

The red thing is Suicide.

The ending was good.

BvS

Boogie got a sex change?

The Tolkien edit makes it watchable. Still I don't understand how the cgi was approved just awful.

This movie single handedly destrpyed my ability to get hype for movies.

Dark Tower

The Hobbit Movies are at least similar to the source material

There was something off putting about the first Hobbit but I was able to make myself like it, especially on a second viewing. But once I got to the end of the second movie, I was done. Never saw the third one but those trailers tell me everything I need to know.

I remember everyone pretended it was good at 1st and tried so hard to convince themselves it was.
Like it was too hard for the community at large to accept that a Star Wars movie was complete and utter garbage.

It's a shop. He's getting a gastric band fitted.

The 3rd is so bad that even after the 2nd is was a huge dissapointment

The fan edit was also totally shit, should've cut it as two films and not left out some of the best scenes in the films like the battle of moria.

it's easy to see what stuck from Del Toro, the goblins and trolls where obviously his. The hobbit could've been a very different film with great depictions of evil races.

I remember being really into this when the first posters released

They put so much effort in differentiating the dwarves, I really thought this would be a celebration of dwarves in fantasy and really go into them as characters, which would be good because dwarves are usually stereotypes

Instead it ignored them all completely and became a bunch of wank

The edit is shitty too. Scenes just cut into another like Smaug talking to Bilbo about Lake Town then immediatly breaking out of the mountain with liquid gold all over him.

Star Wars shitquels

Honestly Malick's worst movie outside of Song to Song

I saw it in 6th grade, so I remember thinking it was alright, not as good as any of the OT. But I was old enough to see just how awful II and III were.
III being the biggest disappointment in a theater. II was just boring, III was offensively bad.

Go north. Find the Dunedain.
There’s a young ranger amongst them.
You should meet him.
His father: "A r a t h o r n" was a good friend. His son might grow to be a great one.
He is known in the wild as... "S t r i d e r ".
His true name... you must discover for yourself... ;-)

Legolas! Your mother loved you *_____*

>Sean Penn

dropped

Shit like this felt so painfully forced I couldn't believe it made the final cut.

I'm sure people outside of Sup Forums were hugely let down by Batman Versus Superman

All that hype and the movie borders on unwatchable.

That dialogue was so bad I remember the whole theatre just couldn't stop laughing. By that point it felt like everyone stopped being bored and disappointed and was just along for the ride.

>the movie borders on unwatchable
hyperbole

No, quite literal.

Watched it with my sister's family and my friends, none of us were enjoying it and people visibly cringed whenever Jesse Eisenberg showed up. Half the crowd left before it was over.

What was wrong with it?

Spiderman: Homecoming.

i'm going to say the wolf of wall street. it got so hyped up before release and then people told me it was great. don't think i've ever expected more and gotten less from a movie experience.

Care to go into detail? I thought it was a safe, well directed film. There wasn't anything too terribly interesting in it, but nothing offensively bad either.
Had a few scenes I enjoyed too, like the car scene.

>Name a bigger disappointment in film.
The phantom menace. No contest.

It was awful seeing Superman as such a downer, I think the fights had no momentum and the symbolism was extremely forced. Batman's motivation was all over the place and as I said, Lex Luthor was just the fucking worst.

I was really looking forward to that warehouse fight from the trailer but the movie edits it so awkwardly it felt like a slog

Well that's like
Your opinion man

You asked me for my specific opinion in a thread about opinions

Is Bilbo's goodbye to the dwarves the only LotR-like scene in the trilogy?

the second and third matrices

The Dark Tower

I admit I was in denial about it for a long time. I even made excuses for attack of the clones.
If I can be honest about it the plinkett reviews helped give me closure on the whole star wars thing. Namely that it was Ok to not like these movies and that I didn't owe any kind of loyalty to these movies just because of the brand name. I was born in 83 and was one of the biggest fanboys ever.
But yeah, it didnt help the phantom menace that it had a killer marketing campaign. No one will ever be as hyped for a movie because of a teaser trailer than starwars kids were watching a low res video on a pre-youtube internet.

>Instead it ignored them all completely
Thats just staying true to the source material honestly. Thorin, balin, the fat one, and the two youngest they sent on shit work, and the rest.
In the previous sentence I did more characterization for the dwarves than the whole book did.

> take the shortest book in the series

> make 3 movies out of it totalling 9 hours long

The problem isn't the second one, its the shitty cliffhanger ending and how most of the third movie kind of ignores what the second one sets up.
It was also the first and last time I sat through the credits of a movie in the theater to see an after credits scene.
Holy shit though I remember the drive home from the theater after that fucking highway chase.

>make 3 movies out of it totalling 9 hours long
Studio's demand. Not Jackson or del taco. They had always planned to make it 2 parts, but newline/WB insisted on a third movie.
They also strong armed jackson into doing the movie by threatening to give the project to brett ratner if he didn't do it.
I also think he was trying to get his payday after they fucked him on the lord of the rings.

>Hobbit
I fucking loved all LOTR movies. Then I got this infinitely inferior turd ripoff of Asterix & Obelix. I never saw 2nd and 3rd.

>Cloverfield
Those trailers and marketing before hand. I thought J.J Abrams could do no wrong. It looked like the best monster movie in ages, I was so hype. Then I got a 0/10 movie.

>Clash of the Titans
Mediterranean cultures and greek mythology I find very fascinating. They somehow managed to make it fucking awful theme park ride. Percy Jackson was a masterpiece by comparison.

>Star Wars: TFA
My brother made me watch it when it came on blueray rip because I hadn't seen it. I sat there bored watching a 1/10 shot for shot remake of Episode 4. I don't care what happens next.

Also
>Natalie Dormer's breasts
>The test-audience ending to "Source Code"
>The ending of "Dexter" and "How I met your mother"

>anything wrong at all with perfect smirkfu
DELETE THIS

TFA was bad but not 1/10 bad

I would say a 3 or a 4

>first hobbit trailer

no i cant. that shit was most hype thing ever then movies came out.

even first was one bearable rest was unwatchable shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=9PSXjr1gbjc

lets watch the best trailer again instead

>THE MILKS GONE BAD!
Her titties are almost as sad as the assistant in Jurassic World's.