SG-1

Describe what you feel when you see this photo?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FgXXaTjuCig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

low budget

Nostalgia

>Michael Shanks height: 6'0

Gould?

>Michael Shanks wife: Lexa Doig

Nostalgia.

Do you think the new miniseries will be good?

What series did Daniel Jackson become Daniel Jacked, Son?

Now prime milf material

after he died

>will the 10 minute low-budget prequel webisodes telling a pointless and/or massively retconned feminist prequel story good?

Never watched SG-1, cant remember too much about Atlantis from when I was young
Is it ever explained why the fuck Air Force guys are on this (from what I gather) infantry team?
Or why they dont wear regular BDUs?
Or those mesh tactical vests instead of some form of armor?
Just wondering if watching this will trigger my 'tism too much to enjoy

They did develop some ceramic composite shit to wear in their vests to help deal with energy weapons.

It shouldn't because the US airforce was HEAVILY INVOLVED in the show.

When I say heavily, I mean they fucking pulled strings to get the show an actual fucking submarine.

IIRC its very accurate in terms of military outfitting and regime/relationships post season 1.

Apart from the P-90, which they chose purely for looks (how the casings shot out) and because they were easy as fuck to reload.

Stop destroying my dreams.

this

They even had actual acting generals cameo on the show, for crying out loud.

they had 2 fucking concurrent acting chief of staffs on

Literally the heads od the enire fucking us airforce

While they were active

Well fuck me that sounds awesome then, Im assuming theres reasoning behind everything then
P-90 I can deal with cuz muh sci-fi and even I get tired of Generic AR platform #37 with an Acog or holo sight

old

Bitch the series is so old that they start out with old monitors until season 6 or so.

There's a minor character, Walter, who works at the gate dialling computer and is in basically every episode.

He was a really high rank in-show by the end and the Airforce stepped in and insisted they made characters address him with the level of respect and authority the rank held.

an OK tv show

>tfw Walter finally got his own parking spot

I can hear the sound of chevrons being locked. Why not just use an equivalent of an international dialing code to go somewhere?

Comfy happiness. Memories of eating at grandma's after school and watching tv.

Tng/Voy was always better though

>mfw watching the film and they say the chevrons are engaging
>mfw the point of origin doesn't even land on the earth symbol

REEEEEE

>Walter's face when someone "hacks" the system to dial out in a quarter of the time it would take him to disregard authority

what do you mean ?

... That's just how *I* feel about it.

What do you think?

It is called a crt kid.

>USAF co-production
>low budget

How fucking fat the actor of Macgyver got.

nobody talks to her at panels

There are things that can trigger your autisum still, allot or the episodes early can be avoided by a better quarantine procedures and stuff like that.
But its still a comfi show.

30 years will do that to you.

The makeshift dialing computer of Terra dials like an old pulse phone. Why couldn't they design a preset tone frequency system like in a normal DHD? Walter would literally just have to press a button for the gate to blare out an address instead of all the spinning.

Why not?

Dont fuck with something that works is my guess.

all the questions and comments are for daniels

Shit thats pretty neat actually, love little shit like that
No fucking way

Nostalgia for simple days.

home

>It's a Siler gets injured episode.

Happiness

and sad because there will never be a good show like SG1 ever again.

Best damn show ever

that episode where they forcibly stripped that young girl to "defibrillate" her

>It's a Sam and Jack dance around their feelings and nothing gets resolved episode

IIRC their dialling system was actually super secure compared to DHD shit.

There were a few times they got screwed over by it but also a lot of times it saved them.

Nostalgia, I much prefer SG1 to Star Trek.

Gen. Michael E. Ryan (6 Oct, 1997 - 5 Sept, 2001) appeared in Episode 19, Season 4 "Prodigy" in Feb 2001
Gen John P. Jumper (6 Sept, 2001 - 2 Sept, 2005) appeared in Episode 21/22, Season 7 "Lost City" in March 2004

They even made Richard Dean Anderson who played Col./Gen.O'Neill an honorary Air Force Brigadier General

You know who they've tried (and failed) to make a Stargate video game for years?
Well would you be interest if they made a shooter game, set on earth in the 80/90's, that seemingly has no connection to Stargate, except for the fact that you're playing as a young O'Neill, as he goes on some of the missions that he mentioned during the show, like the one from the Gamekeeper where things went tits up, or the one where he got left behind in Iraq and spent 4 months in prison.

She wasnt in SG1 that much, and Andromeda isnt exactly remembered well

>No fucking way
youtube.com/watch?v=FgXXaTjuCig

There were some decent mods for Half-Life / Half-Life 2 and one for UT2004 IIRC.

Nothing substantial though, just TDM with Gates and Rings + Goa'Uld Weapons. Pretty fun, but died exactly as fast.

That's an awful idea, just make a 1st or 3rd person shooter, four man team doesn't even have to be sg1, it wouldn't even be difficult

I never understood why nobody used the Stargate IP for an FPS game or an RPG. The setting is perfect.

>would you be interested in a generic modern war shooter instead of a Stargate game

Fuck no. That's a fucking terrible idea.

An RPG would also be good, no traditional building units you'd requisition them through the gate, you could use tattics like holding a gate open to prevent enemy reenforcements etc, would be great

P-90 kinda makes sense, if you consider that every jaffa had serious full body armor, and 5.7mm is very good against armor.
Plus it looks so good.

Sad!

>It's a Jack kills Not-Hitler by splattering him against the iris and his team is upset about it episode

Why not use an m4?

It will happen to us all! :)

Stargaet tycoon, You are an upcoming race discovering the galaxy searching for new tech and stuff to trade fending off attacks, as soo on. Sounds amazing.

>jacks little grin and wince every time Jaffa splat on the iris, every time

Naqada would be primary resource, you'd make alliances with tok'ra and get access to their tunnel makers, it would be great, could even play as gou'old

>Is it ever explained why the fuck Air Force guys are on this (from what I gather) infantry team?

Because Stargate was Air Force project and they have their own special operations light infantry outfit for combat search and rescue operations.

>Or why they dont wear regular BDUs?

To make 'em different from regular dudes with BDUs all over the place. Easy way to make main cast and important side characters stand out of the crowd in scenes where there are more extras than usual.

>Or those mesh tactical vests instead of some form of armor?

Kevlar doesn't necessarily do anything to whatever particle guns Goa'uld are using. Also bodyarmor weights and is sweaty as it doesn't breathe, don't underestimate how hot things can get under filming lights and shieet.

>It shouldn't because the US airforce was HEAVILY INVOLVED in the show.

They shot the show mostly in Canada, but got fans in high places or something. Also show started before military recruitment got boost due to patriotism following 9/11 and economy was running fine. So publicity worked for military recruitment goals. That is the very reason why military cooperates with any media that gives them positive publicity.

>Apart from the P-90, which they chose purely for looks (how the casings shot out) and because they were easy as fuck to reload.

IIRC it also had something to do with Canuck weapons laws. P-90 and it's semi-auto versions are obscure enough not to trigger Canadian ban list and as those have lot of plastic, so airsoft guns look good enough as props on background and in situations where armorer and stunt coordinator aren't on set. Futuristic look is bonus.

Im getting exited over something that will never exist.
At leat we can dream.

>its a jack orchestrates a planetary coup with an interstellar warship cause hes bored episode

As a Goold?

Theirs stuff like this all over the internet, but its either a mockup or some failed thing that never got past beta, their must be games ripenfor modding, but yea don't think we'll ever see it

Goold?

WE WUZ KANGZ

They weren't tho, the Jaffa freely acknowledge they were slaves from day one

>There were a few times they got screwed over by it
Everytime that happened it was blamed on them deliberately circumventing built in security measures.

So just your average military shooter then?
No. There's already a bunch of those which are almost certainly going to be waaaay better, not having to depend on brand recognition.

McKay explained at length that their dialing method was fucked up, Sam got really offended so he kinda just let it go

>its a sam giggles like a school girl at everyone of jacks stupid jokes
oh wait that's every episode

>No gigglin!

Nostalgia.

>deliberately circumventing
"Deliberately" implies they knew what they were circumventing in the first place. They were just setting up a system around dialing one gate. They didn't even know there was a network until the start of SG-1.

yea their computer would pick up errors and sometimes they'd just over ride them and dial anyway, mckay say their is about 450 potential failsafes in a normal dhd, and the SGCs dialer only accounts for about 200, they know theirs errors and they intentionally override them to get a lock, sometimes with disastrous results, see 'Red Sky'

>"Deliberately" implies they knew what they were circumventing in the first place.
No it doesn't. They chose to ignore the errors. Hence 'deliberately'.

See .
They fucked up shit all the time not because they intended to but because they were ignorant of it.

The deliberately dial back to the black whole planet with full knowledge of what is happening and the dhd telling them not to.

Fucking Canadians.

no that not the point I was trying to make with this post, your both right and both wrong. they knew their was problems and chose to ignore them, they didn't know exactly what the problem was but they recognized an error message they just didn't know what it meant and by and large chose to circumvent them, for better or worse

>tfw you find out daniel married andromeda
this has been an informative thread

So you're arguing semantics and you're still wrong.

peace

no you are, your arguing about the use of the word 'deliberately' i just chimed in cause you and the tripfag are both just being autistic, mostly you tho

All I'm saying is, I don't think you can call something deliberate if you're completely ignorant of the ramifications. Even in modern day law we accept that driving under the influence is a deliberate act, but in most cases if you kill someone in a drunk driving accident it's considered manslaughter because you weren't aware that your actions would cause that particular accident.

>triggered
>No u
You're wrong and have the mentality of a child.

they deliberately chose to ignore the ramifications that they were unaware of, this isn't a worthwhile argument

oh calm down kiddo, argue the point or just stop, tbqh i'm not sure what that point is at this point but regardless

>"no u" again
Smooth.

Like I said before, the dialing computer was only meant to do one thing, Dial. They had no clue there was a network security system they should've been plugged into. And it only saved them like twice during the whole run. Hell, the show itself was probably barely aware of the idea of "network updates" when it started.

ok bud w/e u say