Anyone here watched glow?

Anyone here watched glow?
Thoughts?

Machu Pichu is CUTE.

I thought it was fun.
Seemed a lot like OITNB set in 80s, so if will probably turn to shit in the second or third season.

I wanted more fights... hell, I wanted the show they were making, not so much REAL-STRUGGLE drama.

waifukino with humour and style pretty similar to Orange is the new Black.

>We attract the women with the drama and the men with all the ass
They are self conscious meta fucks

What is the Best girl?
And best boy?

the director and his daughter or Melanie

frbr
I was really disappoint she did not fight in the last episode.

>What is the Best girl?
Brie
>And best boy?
Brie

6 seasons and a movie.

FUCK YOU BOOB FETISHISTS

it was awesome
mainly cause i remember watching the premier of the original and loved watching it.

i laughed. i cried. i fapped.

>cheating friend
>unknown secret child
checks up

I liked Maron and the two main girls. The rest of the cast is pretty blah to me; some aren't bad, some could definitely be better. It's entertaining enough, but the writing definitely could've been stronger. Especially the contrived cliche with the director arbitrarily not liking, then deciding to give her a chance, when everyone else auditioning was ugly shit. And the whole making the good looking star a relatable loser.

All over the place tone and quality-wise.
There are no real stakes up until the very end.
It's clear that there was no concrete season-long plan, storylines appear and disappear: nuPam Grier's abortion is played for laughs and never mentioned again, same as her potential rivalry with theWackyEdgy chick. Machu Pichu's father is strongly against her pursuing a career in wrestling and in the very next scene he appears in he is all for it, without any explanation. Brie's struggling with finding a wrestler's identity for herself inconsistenly ends with her landing on Zoya The Destroya, even though she scrapped the idea, only to back to it again for no apparent reason. Maron's daughter's relationship with the Pizza delivery guy hits a downturn, and then they are together again with no making up in-between.
The final fight between Zoya and Belle is udnercut by the sound design of the scene, where the viewer only hears the Pat Benatar song, that is not remotely as hype-inducing as Separate Ways from their imagianry fight in the first episodes, plus we can't hear the roar of the crowd, the sound of punches "landing" and the girls moaning, which prevents from fully getting into the fight.
There is potential for a great show here, but judging by OITNB it's only going to get worse.
P.S. One of the only consistently great episodes of the season (the one with the abortion) is written by a man, that made me chuckle a bit.

I got really triggered by the joke in the fifth episode, where Brie comes up to the russian Hotel owner and asks him:
-So, anyway, how do you say Gregory in Russian?
-Gregory.
-Oh.
Except it's wrong. It's Grigoriy in Russian, so the joke and with it the credibility of a "lovable foreigner uncle" falls apart.

>inb4 go away, Ivan.

niet

You make some good points.
Maybe we can fix that by adding wacky shit and actual comedy with waifus, leaving drama behind, along with those forgotten plot points?

It looks like shit and not a single woman looks attractive.
Trash.

Machu
And rich producer man

I would also say that they should have had longer episode runtime. 30 minute episodes can't do justice to a cast of this size.
I wouldn't be surprised if they only had full intro in the first episode, because they couldn't afford to spend a minute of precious screentime on it each episode.

I liked Machus dad suporting her at the last episode, that shit was cute. His disaproval took enough time to develop... offscreen, because we know how bloated the show was.

Just put in a 5 second scene in their first trial show at the gym, where her dad sees her run away from the fight and has an ambiguous look on his face, which at the time could be either be interpreted as him being ashamed of her or him being ashamed of himself for wrecking his daughter's sense of self-worth.
And then in the finale his actions would reveal how he actually felt.

Yeah, that would've improved it a lot.