/doag/: Tonight's strip

/doag/: Tonight's strip.

Is shit actually going to go down for once or is Willis going to cheap out again?

Other urls found in this thread:

dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/smash/
dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/bat/
dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/oldtestament/
dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/caped/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dammit, I was gonna make a thread.
Oh well. Maybe tomorrow.

I'm going to bet that Amber's just gonna puss out and run away just before things actually get good.

>A stranger comes to town, touches nobody's lives, and leaves.

hang on, isn't Leslie at that rally too?

I just wonder what does it take to follow such a terrible all over the place story.

I've been working on my shit, trying to create like a good flow of stories before I start publishing, trying to create different characters so I can tell different stories and try my best to have everything make sense.

This shit feels just so disjointed, like is just about random moments with people just feeling like shit for meaningless stuff!

Most of the characters are either fucking pissed at somebody else or crying or making those random reference in the last panel, like what the fuck is this shit???

Try finger banging!

I remember a video describing how Dobson turned into a turd artist, is there something like a video, article, pics or something in which we get to know Willys from zero to social justice weiner?

I used to like Shortpacked, I don't know where things went so wrong!

It's how Willis writes. He doesn't follow normal conventions for storytelling, like switching scenes after a plot point concludes so as not to jar the audience. Instead, he'll switch scenes during the middle of fucking conversations if he has to.

He also thinks that avoiding becoming "Funky Winkerbean" means being sure to include a punchline at every opportunity.

Looks like by mid-November Ruth's gonna give her hoodie to Billie.

Last I saw they were still dealing with the fallout from the RA's suicide pact. What's going on here?

>Dammit, I was gonna make a thread.
>People actually race to make these threads

Calling it. Billie becomes the new RA and the jacket is passed on like some kind of torch.

Roz's sister Robin is holding some kind of a midnight rally for her re-election campaign. Leslie Bean is in attendance because she wants to bone Robin; Roz is in attendance because Leslie wanted her to help sabotage her campaign, I think. I dunno. Anyways, Marcie is there because she's on security, and Sal's just hanging out with her. Now Sal is confronting Amber, who is dressed up as Amazi-Girl now, for essentially stalking her all day.

I assumed that Patreanon wasn't making one on his own and was waiting for somebody else.

Big surprise.

Oh my fucking god.

The guy from the last thread was right.

Oh look, the implication is that she's scary and black to these people! Some of whom are also black...

so much better I don't know all the little details, it just looks like Willis just decided to drop a guy with a worm on his face

Thank you

Oh it's glassface.

Also Republicans are raysiss, of course. Subtle as always.

That's a horrible-looking scar.

Also, this feels so contrived. Maybe it's the panel size, or how I just can't really give two shits right now.

Or maybe it's because how it took an in-universe month for this guy to reappear. Seriously, it's a goddamn college campus; there's no way you can just disappear without somebody noticing.

I thought he said that one of the guys in looked like Ryan, but with a tan.

Why do they only have one large nostril? It's kinda weird.

No, the fact that onlookers would turn on Sal because she's "black" and "scary"

And I think someone perdicted Rapist Ryan being there too.

I can't unsee the noses in this comic as giant Goofy Movie style dog noses.

>Republicans are raysiss AND rapists

Willis is a bitch-ass nigger

Wow, I just felt myself get dumber with this strip. We got the #BlackLivesMatter metaphor, we've got the heaping helping of Amber Issues, and the return of Joyce's Rapist. Next strip will probably cue up a chase as, not able to deliver her vengeance on Sal,will settle on throttling the dude.

Ah, my bad.
Though the fact that there are actual blacks in the crowd either means that Willis can't keep his analogy consistent or Sal is projecting her inadequacies upon conservatives now and not just her parents.

And like I said, somebody said that it looked like a reskin of Ryan.

I still submit that Willis can't even draw a decent looking scar. Hell, it just looks like it was drawn on last-minute; it doesn't even follow the logical curvature of his face.

willis you couldve at least made the whole crowd white if you wanted to sell this

also, okay, gashface is conveniently there. except that if ambers rational enough right now to go after him instead of taking the opportunity to beat the shit out of her "nemesis" with no consequences, then whats the point of her mental breakdown

WOW. I SURE AM GLAD THAT WILLIS DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO FUCKING TRY TO MAKE THAT SCAR NOT LOOK LIKE THE WORST THING EVER.
That last panel actually makes me upset. It's so fucking awful and awkward looking.

predicting ryan being there is basically a coincidence. its not the same guy they pointed out in the last strip

It's only been a month, he got glassed with a broken whiskey glass not surgically cut with a scalpel.

Also oh my god I just realized that Willis has never been to a college party. No fucking party gives out anything but plastic cups.

Trump has a number of Good Ones who support his cause and make it look like he's reaching a diverse crowd.

>Willis has never been to a college party

Well, yeah, you think Willy was anything other than a socially retarded shut-in?

>that final panel
is someone throwing streamers and one landed on that man's face? is that an earthworm?

You know what this means!

New Sliphshine!

So can Patreanon go and fucking comment that Sal doesn't look black already?

Wowwie, things sure are going sour!

Lets see how things are going in an alternate universe.

sure, but the black guy in the crowd isnt gonna be the one shouting "kick her ass!"

Also this.

I feel that when characters are introduced you should know a little bit about their personality.

In a shocking twist, what if Ryan got bludgeoned so hard he actually doesn't remember trying to rape Joyce?

Real talk: do these two make out at some point?

See, that would actually be interesting.
But this is Willis, so the most we're going to get is that the night was a blur, but he DEFINITELY totally wanted to get into Joyce's pants.

I do like titties.

Naw, Willis is going to make him a mustache twirling saturday morning cartoon retard villain who will get the shit beaten out of him.

I wish this could be true. Like, the bat to the head and the glassing and everything gave him brain damage and he's now mentally disabled. I want Willis to have to actually try to write that and get laughed at. But this is Willis, he is incapable of writing interesting stuff above anything but popcorn drama. So he wont even try. I bet you Amber's just gonna go after that guy instead of Sal or have an epiphany about how she's respecting the public, but this guy was never caught and is still walking around, so what good is she doing? It'll probably shoehorn in race in some way, probably. Fucking Willis.

Does Willis really think that's how self defense works?

>You attacked me because I was stalking you in a mask and I have a history of attacking you before.

The rape was shown on-panel?

What was Joyce doing at a college party anyway?

I can also see Willis playing to both parties and pissing everybody off by portraying Ryan as being affected by the bludgeoning, then revealing at some point that Ryan is perfectly healthy save for the scar.

It was an attempted rape; Ryan had roofied Joyce.
She was at the party because Billie and Dorothy brought her along.

Why does she care so much about people thinking Sal did something specifically wrong right now? She is already completely convinced Sal is a lifelong nemesis to her. She has black-outs and panic attacks when she sees Sal just chilling, but oh no people are profiling her so she snaps out of it? Dumb.

>Marcie! We heard your alert.
Still retarded that she didn't send any sort of code detailing the situation in any way.

I dunno about the Ryan reappearance, I honestly didn't think he would ever come back. Cool subtle move having the rapist appear in full support at the right-leaning political rally, Willis is a smooth operator dipshit.

>Marcie! We heard your alert. What's... oh... Amazi-Girl
Fucking seriously?

This is supposed to be like a political rally or some shit, right? You've got a political candidate coming to speak or whatever. Where the fuck is the goddamn secret service? Why didn't they tackle the fucking psycho bitch in the cape and mask the moment she entered the building? Why the fuck is the event being staffed by security who call off an alert because of a masked college campus vigilante??

Why is Willis such a fucking dumbshit?

She got roofied, the guy then tried to convince her to go back to his room, but someone glassed him in the face instead and then he got beaten in the head with a baseball bat for like 3 pages.

>secret service
shes just a senator, man

Because the plot demands it. If Amber didn't suddenly feel guilty she wouldn't have turned around and spotted Ryan.

And thanks to her noticing Rapin' Ryan, she'll just go after him and the Sal conflict will get dragged out even longer.

Well of course it will, in fourteen years when it's just the start of Christmas break, Sal and Amber can finally have their big snowball fight of revenge.

Any senator is still going to travel with loads of private security.

Naw, Amber will chicken out then go beat up a white dude, drawing it out for another millennium.

actually if she does go after ryan here, its already a big step towards ending things with sal. shes been obsessed with her for a while, so actively choosing not to fight her this time will make it far more likely for them to actually TALK next time

Only the ones with an unwarranted sense of importance. What would be present is a decent number of police, since it's a public gathering in the middle of the night.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Amber ever actually get a look at Ryan?

Sometimes I feel like we're the only ones who have followed this long enough to know the implications of this. How many years ago did she let him escape?

Also what the fuck is that first panel.
>we came as soon as we could! but we're not going to do shit.
It's completely irrelevant, especially in a strip that puts in racism against one character, guilt of another character, and the return of a rapist all in the remainder of the stip.

>She got roofied, the guy then tried to convince her to go back to his room, but someone glassed him in the face instead and then he got beaten in the head with a baseball bat for like 3 pages.

Sounds...interesting. Anyone got the pics?

>Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Amber ever actually get a look at Ryan?

I actually don't think she did, but I'm gonna wager a guess she'll know exactly who he is and what he did just because Willis is a goddamn hack and needs her to.

To save Amazi-Girl from fucking up we get Joyce's almost rapist? Man fuck you, Willis. At least the guy will get caught, hopefully.

I went and checked all the strips tagged with Ryan, she's in the background of two of them but is beating up other people. She either she shouldn't know who Ryan is or all she has to go on is a description of him.

Also it's taken Willis almost five years to resolve the Ryan plot.

>Also it's taken Willis almost five years to resolve the Ryan plot.

And I'm honestly worried Willis is going to have him get away or something so he can milk it even longer.

This comic has gotten to lows I didn't even think were possible and still keeps getting worse, so I can't expect anything but disappointment anymore.

Honestly if Willis had just left the plot unresolved in a "sometimes bad things happen and you don't get closure" kind of way it would work. As is, having have your unstable vigilante instantly pick him out of a crowd despite never seeing him before just feels cheap. It's also weird that he's using Ryan to resolve Amber's internal issues instead of having anything to do with Joyce.

This dialogue is not in any way believeable.

If you cover up her actual mouth, it makes her nose look like a gaping, toothless mouth.

>Does Marcie have handlers? She's not retarded so...why does she have people that appear at the press of a button

>Amazi-Gurl sucks and will continue to.

>ScarBro is back.

Fucking how long did this take? It's been what? 2 weeks in real time? And what's she gonna do? Press charges on an event that happened 2 weeks ago that wasn't filed with the police?

So I'm looking at the comments section for Patreon and a lot of them agree that everybody is racist because Sal is black.

But she's not. She's a quarter black and three/fourth's white, that makes her majority-wise, white.

>Does Marcie have handlers? She's not retarded so...why does she have people that appear at the press of a button
are you stupid? theyre security.

>And what's she gonna do?
what she always does, beat the shit out of him.
its not exactly effective, but its what she does

She's lighter than or equally dark to several people in the crowd.

None of this is believable. The rapist got glassed, a baseball bat upside the head multiple times, as well as a good stomping, around two to three weeks ago. He should be in and out of the fucking hospital at best. In the real world, he'd either be in a coma or dead. This is the dumbest thing since the Toedad highway chase.

Four weeks actually. Fun fact: Joyce's almost rape occurred less than a week into the school year.

Because this is my favorite DoA strip, I'm more than happy to share it.

Here's the start:
dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/smash/

dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/bat/

dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/oldtestament/

Everyone stops paying attention to him. They notice he's gone:
dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/caped/

Man, I love being right.

>Looks like someone enjoys a sense of power only when the other person doesn't give it to her.

>Amber likes the *idea* of revenge, but not so much when it's offered to her.

The timescale for this comic is fucked.

With the size of the cast it shouldn't be as messed up as it is. He's got something like thirteen primary cast members, he should farm out plots more evenly.

Willis once said that he can dish out College drama really easily, it's why DoA is his goose egg or whatever.

But really I think it's harder for him than he lets on, because good god this comic should be at least a fucking year into it already.

The problem is that Joyce is the focal character so most everything revolves around her. Give Roz the attempted rape. She could easily support that plotline.

Comic bad

So is someone going to change the scar to Loss or what?

Shit, that would actually be really interesting. How would she reconcile the trauma of sexual assault with her habit of banging who she wants, when she wants, just because she likes it? Like, a few days after her attacked, she's halfway into getting hot and heavy with some rando, but as soon as he touches her under her shirt she just freezes with fear, and it turns into this whole thing where the assault has actually totally destroyed her ability to be physically intimate with another person in any circumstance.

Fuck, I gotta write this shit down somewhere.

Too noticeable, the best Loss edits are subtle. Maybe change the scar to evoke a dick ala Mary.

Beyond that you could easily have it fuck with her sex-positive mentality due to increasing paranoia. Her lashing out at Joyce could also be linked, have her displacing anger and self-recrimination. It'd certainly make "attempted rapist at the political rally" a far more interesting plot if the victim was actually present.

Willis would improve by a good percentage if he ditched the once-a-day newspaper strip format and did full comic book pages instead.

Roz would never take a roofied drink, and she'd probably tase and/or pepper spray the shit out of anyone who tried to assault her physically. Then she'd go on fucking.

Let's have this month's cute bonus strip chill our moods.

>black person is the one calling for the violence to commence
bravo willis

>stalk person
>they strike first to defend themselves
>you are now legally allowed to kill them

worked for Zimmerman

Man, what kind of awful second puberty gave Carol her present giant chin?
Also Hank a cute.

Hank's been redeemed in the fans eyes so Willis can keep showing us cute stuff.

How do we fix worm-face?

Also I noticed that there's a chunk out of the highlight on the lower left edge of his face where Willis hastily had to do the scar. (Or maybe it clashed, it still looks weird)

I just realized what that scar shape reminded me of.

No, I accidentally added that when I was fucking around trying to recolor the scar.

Oops, my b. Well, now that you mention it, the scar does look better without the heavy outline, so good job there.

Wait fuck reverse that
The horizontal flip definitely does not do this art any favors.

>it's an "Amber acts like a dipshit to make Sal look better" episode

It's justa hamhanded attempt at shading under the nose. They presumably have two. It's just that WIllis cant draw for shit