YOU.

DO?

call heads

*marries into it*
*blathers about the weather*

i call it

Don't ask him how the weather is where he's headed

Call him a fag

you don't know what you're talking about, do you?

Put the coin somewhere I won't forget it

Don't do anything to annoy him. Let him do whatever he wants, smile and nod as he leaves.

not say a single word after he tosses the coin, watch him have an autistic fit as he can't decide what to do next

where does my plan fail?

>smile
You're fucked.

>cartel hired him to find and return the money
>kills the two old men who helped him find the cars
>kills Wells who knew where the briefcase full of money was
>movie ends with not mention of the money whereabouts

so Anton was next to get whacked right? He failed to do the one thing he was hired to do

Tell him it's not the coin, it's him, it's always been him.

Laugh as he gets hit by a random car leaving the gas station, and there are no kids around to buy t-shirts from.

He'll kill you just for inconveniencing him.

>so Anton was next to get whacked right? He failed to do the one thing he was hired to do
If they even know he's involved. He killed the guy who hired him and all his other contacts, and he's got a gigantic pile of money, and he can blend in south of the border to an extent. He'd just go to ground, forever.

KALLIT

Call heads and hope it's tails

I do the peppermint twist and shift into a mad Jive-Bug

>you're a bihdeath aren't you?

what did he mean by this?

Does Anton seem like the type to "lie low?" He's probably hoping the cartel will send men after him

Potentially, but he's not going to deliberately put himself in a disadvantaged position. He's a smartguy. Let me ask you this - why do you think he wanted the money? He went way off-book to get ahold of it, and make sure nobody would get in the way of him acquiring it. It becomes pretty obvious early on that he isn't intending to return it to his employers. Everything about his actions suggests some kind of endgame. So what is it?

You're overthinking this, it's all just an old man's dream anyway

He literally does everything as his code of life dictates. He doesn't care about the money, he doesn't care about the cartels, he doesn't care about his own life. He just does what is right to his mind. He doesn't have an endgame, he's a force of nature. That's the whole point of his character. It's not a thriller where people are fighting against a serial killer, it's about people's hopeless fight against senseless and incomprehensible evil and death in this world. All the people he kills respond to him in different ways (fighting, reasoning, bribing, obeying) and none of them survive. That's why the sheriff retires in the end, because there simply is no way to stand in a world where such evil exists.

Then why the hell does he sneak into the hotel room at the end and take the money out of the air conditioning duct? He's not a goddamn samurai, the whole thing about his code is just his justification for his actions. But it doesn't hold up to scrutiny. He's not better than Brolin or Woody's characters. That's the point of the scene with the wife, "It's not the coin, it's you." She's calling him out on his bullshit.

>none of them survive
The shopkeeper in the scene in the OP does, and probably so does the guy who didn't see him in the office building

show him the way to the closest hairstylist

>show him the way to the closest hairstylist
What's wrong with the Prince Valiant? It's a classic for a reason, user.

Is this guy the most type-cast actor? All I know him for are villain or villain-esque roles. He's great, but has he ever been in a light-hearted role?

I have this cut and get compliments 24-7 maybe u should try it.

bullshit

>Then why the hell does he sneak into the hotel room at the end and take the money out of the air conditioning duct?
Because that's his job.
>He's not better than Brolin or Woody's characters.
I never said he was. On the contrary, he's the representative of evil. I would say Llwelyn is the character that is closest to a hero that we have in the film, and he is killed offscreen, which says a lot about what the writer thinks of how the world works. The whole thing is build upon the idea of Divine Justice not existing. No matter what you do, no one is safe from harm and death, not even Chigurgh as we see in the car crash in the end. You should read some of McCarthy's books, his point of view is very interesting.
>The shopkeeper in the scene in the OP
Because the coin dictates so. It's in line with his code.
>probably so does the guy who didn't see him in the office building
I don't think so.

This movie really fucked with my head. I think I enjoyed it, but I can't tell and I don't know why?!

>Because that's his job.
Keeping the money is not his job. Killing his employer and coworkers is not his job.

>I never said he was. On the contrary, he's the representative of evil. I would say Llwelyn is the character that is closest to a hero that we have in the film, and he is killed offscreen, which says a lot about what the writer thinks of how the world works. The whole thing is build upon the idea of Divine Justice not existing. No matter what you do, no one is safe from harm and death, not even Chigurgh as we see in the car crash in the end. You should read some of McCarthy's books, his point of view is very interesting.
I've read quite a bit of McCarthy, including this book. Completely different interpretation. I see the car crash at the end as somewhat karmic, albeit in a mechanical (not metaphysical) sense. He lives by his "code", yes, but it's a line, a flimsy justification for his actions. He sees himself as the 'force of nature', but that's just an attempt to disassociate himself from responsibility. Again, "You don't have to do this.", "The coin don't have no say. It's just you." He makes a show of calm, but her comments shake him to core. He knows it's true. It's just him. That's why he's distracted and runs the stop sign. This is the first time in the whole movie Chigurh is not in complete control of the situation.

>This movie really fucked with my head. I think I enjoyed it, but I can't tell and I don't know why?!
I think everyone is there on first viewing. Recommend watching it a few more times. Lotta layers on that baby.

Wait, is this an actual explanation for the movie? I've never even thought that was a possibility.

Of course it's not, he's shitposting.

he literally cant, he's too autistic

this is how I felt the first time I watched Pulp Fiction.

Tell him to stop being a faggot roleplayer and to get a haircut

Chigurh was really the goodguy becuase he was the one who adhered to his moral code so rigidly.

Everyone else was too morally ambigious.
And the sheriff was all pissy becuase good and bad are grey areas now. Not like it was back in the day.

flip a coin and shoot him!

>Hired to do a job
>Kill everyone that hired you
>Moral code
The entire point of the movie is that his 'moral code' is just a justification for the terrible shit he does. He follows it when he wants to try to absolve himself of guilt. Hence when he goes to kill the wife, she outright calls him on it.