Was this the greatest show of all time?

Was this the greatest show of all time?

second best

yes

In a way it definitely is.

It had some GOAT episodes but the overall conclusion was lacking.

GOAT soundtrack, cast, atmosphere. Yeah much better than sopranos or wire

Well the writers admitted they kept adding mysteries with no idea how to explain them. It was always going to be an unsatisfactory ending, but it was a wild ride while it lasted. Season 5 was the best, I loved how they finally embraced the sci fi aspect of the show.

sixth season is crap

the rest is very good or god tier good

Yes. Season 5 best season.

No, seasons 3 and 4 were very meh.

i remember that this stuff got me emotional, a lot of shows cant do that these days

i´d rather watch this again than go for any season of gotham or rick n morty or star trek discovery, fuck those shows

>make shit up along the way
>told by network you have a deadline to finish it.
>oh crap better explain all this shit
>can't
>G-GUYS, IT WAS ACTUALLY ALL ABOUT THE CHARACTERS, NOT THE ISLAND OR THE MYSTERIES.
>Also, you know that how you thought season 1 that everyone was in purgatory? we took that ending and used it on the flashsideways instead.
>nailed it!

I'd say the first half of that season was the best the show has been. once they the oceanic 6 get back to the island it goes to shit.

I think the most upsetting thing for me is that ever since Season 3 it's implied Ben and Widmore are playing some kind of grand game against each other where they're using the Losties as pawns. Then it turns out neither of them have a fucking clue and they're just slap fighting. All of the "rules" they talked about amounted to jack shit. It was really disappointing.

YES
FUCKING YES

It may seem pedestrian now, but when you put Lost in its context, it was one of the most revolutionary shows of all time.
It was the last truly great show of the network era.

This. It's an evolution on the revolution that Twin Peaks began

I'd say it was the first show that really achieved feature film quality. It was the beginning of high budget television shows being chosen over films for storytelling.

wut
they've been fighting each other since s4, when widmore was reintroduced as the main antagonist, and their matter of dispute was, u know, the island, cause charles got literally exiled and couldn't come back since this place was not easy to find to say the least. when he finally succeeded, he sent that ship to take control of it, but ben faught back. unfortunately, jacob came in and asked widmore for help, so it all ended, although if ben had killed penny, it would've been a draw between them, daughter for daughter

very precise characteristic. s1 however is truly one of the greatest runs on tv

That was Twin Peaks though

Twin Peaks was trash

Lost finished the transformation that Twin Peaks began. Yes Twin Peaks had cinematic direction, but it also had limitations that made it look very TV. Lost didn't have that outside of the occasional bottle episode.

Objectively untrue.
Both Twin Peaks and Lost were great shows that pushed the medium forward.

Twin Peaks didn't have that though. Watch the blu rays, the quality is insane. If anything the only hindrance came from watching it on analog television; the production was still top tier.
You don't belong on Sup Forums

Yes, best thing ever filmed

too many characters, not enough of them interesting.

What?! What other show has had such detail and history to it's characters?

S5 wasn't tge best season but iy was the highest stakes and the climax of the whole series. S6 was rushed and felt tacked on and didnt live up to tge standard set by S5

boring detail and history.

Well yeah but in the early seasons widmore and ben seemed like they had sage like knowledge of the island and then they goy full retard with ben whinibg to jacob about how he's not the fairest of them all and widmore listening to sick electromagaton beats

Nonsense. Name a better character than John Locke or Benjamin Linus?

I was going to watch it but after my friend told me the ending I decided not to lol.
>fuck that

The ending's perfect. You've got to see it

as i keep on telling in any lost thread (or any thread if anybody brings the show up) i consider s6 and partly s5 trash, but before them there was pure kino (even those cage-episodes). up to your idea: ben clearly stated in his conversation with locke that there was the man in charge who they all worked for. and considering the others were basically a cult (and jacob WAS god), i don't see anything strange in the example you brought

There's nothing more annoying than putting time in a show for an unsatisfactory outcome. It's like watching a wrestling paperview and the main event ends in a DQ or some bullshit like that.

Benjamin Bentham

I don't know what that is coz I'm not a wrestling fag but there is nothing unsatisfactory about the ending. It's all about the characters desu

the last season is pure tour de force because of how shitty it is but man those last 15 minutes are worth anything. i cried my ass off while watching it back in 2010 and that was my second and last time i shed tears while watching something (the first one was up - another giacchino's indescribable soundtrack)

This!

You're just a fag.

Good one reddit. I would seriously give it a chance though

it matters on what you consider as the ending. if you take s6 or even whole s6 ep18 - i may agree with you. but last shot - damn, son

I'm not gay!

u can't be straight if you have aids son

I'm a virgin king so I doubt I have aids.

>paperview

>Why are YOU here?

I don't actually pay for it.

yes

What the fuck kind of greentexting is that?

>paperview

it is one of the worst normie shit shows ever.

>annoying but bland characters
>mystic stuff put into without a story, just so normies could think there was something special behind it
>fucking annoying characters
>WAAAAALT
>bad ending
>horrible annoying characters

did i forget anything?

great bait

yes you forgot your brain, you must have misplaced it

tell me what is wrong on the list.
the characters are horrible bland, the dialoges are full cliche and only the annoyingness is a matter of taste.

Can you read?

I stopped watching when they wanted me to believe a polar bear could survive on a tropical island.
Stupidest shit ever.

Learn your botany.

S5 ruined the mystique of the Dharma Initiative

Killing off Locke was their big mistake. They really pussied out on the science vs faith stuff with him and jack. Also, Jacob and the MIB was just to rushed. That episode with their mother in it is utter dog shit.

Yep

>its a sawyer says son of a bitch episode
>its a hurley says dude episode
>its a micheal shouts WAAAAALT episode
>its a kate episode
>its a locke says dont tell me what i cant to episode
>its a jack says dural sac episode
>its a charlie sings you all everybody episode
>its a jin asks where is my wife episode
> its a sun asks where is my husband episode
>its a claire yells MUH BABY episode
>its a ben lies again episode
>its a sayid says the batteries wont last long episode
>its a shannon is a cunt episode
>its a boone wants shannons cunt episode
>its a desmond says see you in another life brother episode
> its a lapidus says we are not going to guam are we episode

Why so defensive kid?

MOMMY THE PEOPLE ON THE INTERWEBZ SAYS THEIR ARE THINGS WRONG WITH MY FAVORITE SHOW WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

the characters are not horrible. locke is a believer and has a very solid reason for this
jack is a reluctant leader who's acceptance of this role is the main storyline of the show
sawyer and sayid are broken men who either hide by all costs or fully embrace their past cause they suffer from it
kate is a fugitive who has no family whatsoever and every time she wants to do good for anyone all turns to shit so running away is in her blood
sun and jin are having troubles in their marriage which started off as a fairy tale but was destroyed by reality
hurley is of course mainly for comic relief but also has great weight on his shoulders
and michael+waaalt = daddy issues. these two words are what unites all the main characters. every each of them has daddy issues. like all the best cowboys

so are they horrible or not? aint remembering anything so exciting about paulie or silvio, actors are great and that's all. actually, the sopranos is a typical tv-show for normies. that dream-in-a-coma stuff was very blatant and the finale is obvious, though shot masterfully

Not much of an argument really is it buddy?
Finale was obvious? So you knew thats how it would end? Bullshit. Go back to your magic island program you fucking melt.

Samefag

ofc lad
silvio gone
chris gone
old guy gone
paulie left with ghosts
that fat fuck was to die, no two ways about it.
lost is a superior show simply because there was no psychiatrist bullshit for people like u who need everything explained to them. fuck off

it was the biggest meme show of all time, every episode was taylor made for reddit

Ok kiddo
Actually, i dont need everything explained at all, didnt even want everything explained.....
Its that what they did explain was utter fucking garbage for kiddies like you. Now go suck on your mother clam you little dicksplash.

btfo