Why do Europeans spread the lie that they don't use wood as material for building houses?

Why do Europeans spread the lie that they don't use wood as material for building houses?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirkjubøargarður
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's wrong with wooden houses?

I don't know but whenever there's house talk on Sup Forums a bunch of Euros come out the woodworks and scream about how Americans are inferior for using wood.

Only Nords and Finns, also wood =/= cardboard

There is a difference between wooden houses like here and cardboard houses like in the US

>Europeans
g8 b8 m8 i r8 8 and s8

Only snowniggers do that

You are the snownigger.

I've only heard about laughing at americans for using cardboard.

Germany has wooden houses though.

The problem with American wooden houses is that they're built to last maybe 50 years if well-maintained and Americans will squat in them for 150

Which country doesn't have wooden houses?

we are not, we don't build wooden houses here.

also Russians and Alpine ppl

Most shitty houses in the US were built in 1950 and later so I don't know where you are seeing these Americans who've been squatting in shitty prefab houses for 150 years.

Very rare though, probably in the North

>use paperthin wood walls

>small storm/tornado comes and destroy it

GOD SAVE US

big problem here in philly and new jersey area, old row homes crumbling. Timber roof support sagging, water pools then leaks through

whole houses falling apart, anything older than 50yo not worth a damn

We don't have wooden houses nor snow

Europussies don't have to worry about crazy natural disasters like earthquakes, tornadoes and hurricanes. They assume our houses are poorly built but if they encountered what we have to deal with they'd all be dead

>shitty cardboards are wood cats are dogs a'fd,äasåädlkj,'åoäse

How many daughters can a European put here?

>Europussies don't have to worry about earthquakes

cause tectonics don't work in Yurp, mirite

Dumbass

Your houses ARE poorly build.

They are literal fucking cardboard.
Why do you think the shotgun is such a polular fucking home defence weapon?

Because any other type of weapon will fire bullets through your entire house and into your nabours one too if he lives close enough nearby.

Have you seen traditional wooden cabins and houses in europe or even here in the mountains where they withstand avelanches every year and sometimes worse disaster?

No? Fuck off and do so then.
Then come back and tell me your shacks are still as well built.

Well that still doesn't account for your shitty building standards. I mean houses falling due to natural disasters is one thing but goddamn building an entire house out of plywood?! That's a bad idea.

I've worked construction in the US. Your houses are built terribly, at least in Tenessee and NC

In America they build their houses of particleboard that's essentially cardboard.
That's why you see a typhoon come in and the entire neighbourhood gets demolished except the bathrooms.

Occasionally you'll see images like this where someone had the crazy idea of using concrete.

>In America they build their houses of particleboard that's essentially cardboard.
I know that, but OP mentioned wooden houses, not cardboard ones.

>Americans put their foreskins in the shoes they put in the fridge which they put in cardboard houses which they built on hurricane areas

Well to you "wooden" means timber, to OP it means sawdust and glue stapled to 2x4s

Particleboard is pretty much just sawdust and glue pressed into boards. Then they often glue wood (stone if you're rich) panneling on to give the impression that the house is built out of wood... Which is why OP is confused because he thinks US houses are built out of wood and that is somehow the difference between the US and Europe when reality is that in Europe we build houses out of actual wood instead.

How so? The frame is solid timber, and the outside will get a weather-resistant sheath.

I mean it's not the best thing ever, but hardly shoddy construction. It's cheap and will probably last a long time as long as it doesn't get hit by a hurricane.

>painting your house red and black
>Going for a green grass roof
What sort of subhuman built this house?

>solid timber
Looks worse than our chicken coop, weaker too

looks like regular wood to me, probably imported from canada

We have never said such a thing. The difference is we use real wood instead of cardboard, veneer and mdf.

It's a few planks with particle boards over them, something I'd expect from a garden shed

>The frame is solid timber
Define solid timber. A flimsy frame made from solid wood is still a flimsy frame.

>and the outside will get a weather-resistant sheath.
Which will be a lot more flimsy and a lot less rugged than actual wood panneling. The sheath is probably also less resistant to weather and dampness.

>but hardly shoddy construction.
The state of US construction.

>It's cheap
Well that depends on how long you want to live in there. You may think it's cheap but if you plan to spend the rest of your life there it may be more expensive than doing it right the first time considering the extra repairs and maintenance associated with crappy construction. Also that is assuming that you don't have to build a new house in 20 years because your old house fell down.

>will probably last a long time as long as it doesn't get hit by a hurricane.
Well define long time. Most people build houses thinknig they'll live the rest of their lives in that house but if you use shoddy construction techniques chances are you don't have a life long home. The house I live in currently is 160 years old (Although some expansions have been made since) a cardboardhouse will not last for 160 years I can guarantee it.

>looks like regular wood to me, probably imported from canada
Wood isn't necesarilly sturdy. It depends on what type, thickness, how it's used, etc.

Looks like a nigger with green hair

wooden huts are made by niggers and snow niggers. Civilised ppl ( read meds) don't have them.

>Looks worse than our chicken coop, weaker too
I was wondering what the pic reminded me of. Yeah, me and grandpa built a little shack for rabbits and it looked pretty much like that house.

Processed cardboard that blows away in the wind =/= actual wood

Forgive my ignorance guys, but why don't you use bricks ?

Kek, Thats the wood the teacher give you to practice your jigsaw skills and the adhd kids to play with

you think most european houses are hurricane proof?
retard

we use real wood, you use cardboard

Do euros need hurricane proof houses?

>when on a popular site (not reddit) some american shows how he INSULATED his house
>americans go wild like its some alien technology
>mfw

some italian user was posting some webms from his country on the topic

This, there are some, not many. Mind you, they don't fly around when the bad wolf comes blowing.

There are nice modern technologies like double timber bar. They're cheap, warm, sturdy and eco-friendly. Why would anyone build a cardboard house in the current year?

That looks so comfy!

>Why would anyone build a cardboard house in the current year?
Because then the contractors get the contract to renovate/refurbish/rebuild the house in the next decade or so instead of building something that lasts and therefore doesn't generate a steady profit for the constructions firms.

Why not? Wood makes perfectly sense here, and these houses are isolated and warm, they are perfect for these weather conditions.

I don't know about continental Europe, but most of Norway does yes. There pretty much doesn't exist houses without a strong stone foundation and several layers thick walls to keep isolated in winter. If we got hurricanes like the US it wouldn't be nearly as destructive because we don't use cardboard walls and glued walls.

Here a pic of the 1968 F4. Sure some roofs blown away, but not literally everything

why are americans so thin-skinned
imagine taking cardboard house jokes personally
jesus wept

Stone houses = best houses

As thin as the walls of their homes

yea but if the structure breaks in any way then its most likely to never get fixed and its going to be a threat to life

Cheap houses in my city are timber-framed brick. The only problem with them is they're usually flat-roofed which sags after a few decades, so it has to be torn up and redone, annoying.

lmao

>this is what americans actually believe

Wood is good!

Here most houses are very well isolated wood houses with triple glazing. Comparing that to literal plywood houses is an insult.

Are wooden homes earthquake proof? We could use them.

My house is, but lots of suburban sprawl type neighborhoods are quickly made plywood and 2x4 shit houses

>plywood
What is plywood?

Northern Italy is frequently by earthquakes actually.
Your houses are poorly built

Kryssfinér

Flat boards of wood

You mean your wooden houses aren't even proper wooden houses?

Yes

We both know the wood used here are cheap shit to cut corners.

Don't do that. You ought to build real strong wooden houses.

Is it true that you can punch through the walls in American houses?

Thank you fren
Ive done it before, drywall is easy to brake but its only used on interior walls

None of the walls in my house are breakable by punching them. I bet even my storage shed is more sturdily built than the average American house

give thanks to allah

>solid timber
>extremely obvious plywood, plainly visible even in that shitty pic
Yeah, no. I can take a "plank" of that stuff with a cross section of 5cm x 25cm and break it with one hand by swinging it gently into a corner or something. Comparing it to actual wood is an insult.

That house is 900 hundred years old and build from drift wood from Norway.
Yet it is still standing. Wood truly is the strongest.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirkjubøargarður

You know a lot of American "historical" houses were bought and taken from here brick by brick? Agecroft Hall and Virginia House, for instance.