Preacher series

Has anyone seen the preacher tv adaptation? If so what do you guys think? Is it loyal to the comic or did they wreck it?

Well so far it has basically adapted nothing from the comic storyline and S1 acts as a prologue but honestly, I like it. Everyone aside from Tulip is well acted and it's generally shot pretty well. It even pulls off that balance of being cheesy and edgy without overdoing it and going full fedora. Finale was great.

They wrecked it, crawled out of the wreckage, punched a hole in the gas tank, and then lit a match.

But it's not bad as a show but it's Horrible in comparison to the comic

That's what I was afraid of, should we just think of this as a completely different story with familiar names?

Yeah, I mean it's still kinda close. People are definitely angels. People are definitely vampires. Even the personalities are roughly the same But as far as specific character's plots, they do change a lot of the story.

And do you have a favorite character?

Cassidy is pretty great

Whait a minute... is that Crowley from Supernatural?

I watched the first 8 episodes, and it is just characters with the same names doing something completely different.

And is arseface any good? I'm curious how they portray him

>Not a road story
>Not a buddy story
>Jesse doesn't reject preaching to start the story
Nope

So not preacher then

His dad is now a nice guy and he tried to commit suicide because he got rejected by a girl, who is now in a permanent coma because the shotgun blast blew off a part of her brain.
Then Jesse uses the Word to send him to Hell

About this, was he hallucinating arseface or not in the finale?

I think he was just hallucinating, like Arseface became what the Duke is in the comics.

finale spoiler

this literally happens though

So from what I'm hearing so far it's shit

It's not entirely shit, it's just that if you go in expecting Preacher the comic you will be disappointed, because that's not what it is.

Thanks dood

It's alright. It took a whole season to do what the book did in one issue so it might move closer to the books in season two but, who knows.

One change that annoys me though is that Arseface goes to hell and it is implied in the last episode he's taking John Wayne's role in the story.

Some notable differences include having
Jesse's dad have been a priest who beat him with a belt

I've heard enough

As a fan of the comic, the first two episodes were extremely painful to watch, but once they established that they're going their own way it became alright.

Outcast is an objectively better adaptation and tv show

no, its Tony Stark's ww2 dad

No way. Pappa Stark was shorter.

I did not understand the finale, did everyone died in the town died including the preacher and his buddies?

No.
Cassidy, Jessie and Tulip went to the next town over to get fries (really to get the fuck away from the town going crazy). Everyone else totally died.

It's fucking Dominic Cooper. Does Sup Forums not watch good movies? Because he's in some of them and he's very often an important reasn they're good.

Yes, he's also Tony Starks dad

I love it. Its different than the comic, but its a heckuva good ride

Yeah, as it's own thing it's a really fucking good TV show, and probably one of the best-directed series on TV right now.

But what it isn't is Preacher.

>probably one of the best-directed series on TV right now
I dunno. There's parts I like and parts I don't and then there's that moronic bit towards the end where they just keep showing the same shit over and over and over in a literal loop (because: hell); and I'd have just stopped watching if I hadn't had the ability to just fast forward past the last 20 min or so till SOMETHING FUCKING HAPPENED.

They could have done the exact same thing with a brief montage looped 3 times (with noticeable speed up at each iteration) that took less than 10 min rather than literally spending more than half of a fucking episode on it.

It didn't feel right to build up all of these supporting characters only to kill them off in the season finale.

Yes, I know it's based on the comic, but considering how much time was put into the Sheriff, Emily, and a few others' character development------it felt very stupid to end all those storylines the way they did.

He's probably one of the most moral people in the show. I liked what they did with his character and how he relates to Jesse. I would say more but spoilers.

It's a fucking terrible show. Sticking through the whole first season was a mistake.

thats not real, thats fucking terrible

That's one of the most ludicrous examples of stupid self-importance I'd seen in a long time. Repeating a sequence beat for beat that we've already seen a few episodes ago with no changes? Fine. Lazy and dumb, but fine. Proceeding to repeat said sequence over and over again for what seemed like an eternity after we've already watched it twice all the way through? One of the most baffling creative decisions I've seen in a while. If you think this was the best anything you need to have your fucking head checked or learn about the basics of sequential art.

It is Preacher. Says so right in the title.

I've never read the comics, but I enjoyed the show.

I read the comics and they didnt do much for me, wasnt my thing. The show i really enjoyed, all besides Tulips sometimes half assed acting.

Welcome to Hell

Giving the creators of that dreck way too much credit.

It may not be just like the comic, but take it like you do any comic based movie... they take the general premise and characters, but flip things around. Batman Begins, Spider-Man 2, X-2, etc all were different from source material while keeping some basics and were entertaining even with the drastic changes to characters, origins and what-not.

I'll say this for the Preacher series too, I haven't enjoyed a TV this much since the first season of Walking Dead. I hope it continues and with the same quality. I was excited every week to see what happened next.

the show is sloooooow as fuck. i don't want to see the same shit from ep1 in 2 and 3. i expected him to use his powers more and do fun shit not stay in one town but i understand why.
Money and it cost to much to go around

why is preacher white as a kid

Has the saint of killers appeared yet?

>>It's fucking Dominic Cooper. Does Sup Forums not watch good movies?

If I wanted to discuss movies, I would go on Sup Forums

>Is it loyal to the comic or did they wreck it?

They took a shitty edglelord comic and made it a BORING shitty edgelord TV show

>I didn't wtch the show

His backstory was peppered in at the beginning of a few episodes as the season went along, and makes his proper appearance in the second to last episode when the angels go to get him, though you see him as early as the second episode.

I liked it.
The first season was supposed to be sort of a proof of concept while they toyed around with Jesse actually having some time being a preacher.
Plot proper will start in S2.