Zemo

>His plan was to get Cap, Tony and Bucky in the same place.
Why people keep saying this? He didn't know they were coming. This was his original plan:
1. Ask the colonel for the tape.
2. Go to Siberia.
3. Spread the video through the internet.
He failed in the first step and decided to do all of it himself, it isn't that hard to understand his plan.

who is saying this? everyone understand his plan just like OP do
he was a good and effective villain btw

Was getting caught part of his plan?

no, killing himself was apparently
but he blew out at the very end, with all his objectives complete, so it doesn't matter

You got it right OP.
Still think that framing Bucky to have the world's armies kick him out of his nest was too risky, considering the definite possibility we would get killed during his capture.

>Still think that framing Bucky to have the world's armies kick him out of his nest was too risky, considering the definite possibility we would get killed during his capture.
killing Bucky would also do damage to Avengers, as Steve would blame UN for unlawful killing of his friend.

He was estimating that Bucky, and Cap, would be skilled enough to stay alive, they are both powered by super soldier serums and such.

He DID know they would come. It was an educated guess based on the Zola algorithm files he had access to.

>It was an educated guess based on the Zola algorithm files he had access to.
Wait, he had acces to the Zola algorithm?

he had access to psychological profile of heroes
He couldn't put new data into algorithm (because it was presumably destroyed?) but he had products of earlier calculations. Thanks to Black Widow.

He couldn't know that Cap would be on it so early, considering it was only through Sharon leaking classified information that he arrived in Bucarest before shit started to go down

Can someone run his whole plan by me again? I thought it was a convoluted piece of shit, but I'm obviously over thinking it.

I'm going to decode the HYDRA files and find something that compromises the members, then i'll leak it and cause trouble.

>He couldn't know that Cap would be on it so early

He wasn't. You do remember that the Avengers have aircraft that can get them to the opposite side of the earth within an hour, right? Cap was already in London when he heard about it. And Zemo knew Cap would react ASAP because he knew Cap inside and out. Zemo has access to Shield psych profiles and studied him for over a year.

He knew exactly what Cap was capable of and what he'd do. He knew what they'd all do.

The thing that was good about Zemo wasn't that he "had it all planned from the beginning."

Quite the opposite, what made him effective was that he was flexible enough to change up as circumstances unfolded.

No, no, no. Imagine if Bucky got killed there, and then later it comes to light that he was framed. Cap would never forgive Tony, but perhaps more importantly, it would destroy his faith in the rule of law and due process. It would have torn the Avengers apart perhaps even harder. Zemo didn't need Bucky to survive; it was win-win.

>No, no, no. Imagine if Bucky got killed there, and then later it comes to light that he was framed. Cap would never forgive Tony, but perhaps more importantly, it would destroy his faith in the rule of law and due process.
In the end Zemo won, but only got the weakest win condition possible. If any one of Steve, Bucky or Tony died at any point of the film, the Avengers would be much more screwed than the temporary damage they ended up suffering from. If Tony dies there will be no Avengers. If Bucky dies Steve will not be able to trust Avengers as an organisation, and if Steve dies then nothing would save Tony from drinking himself to death.

Based Marvel villain.

No powers, no army. Just a normal guy with a simple grudge against the world's most powerful group of men and women and he fucking won in the end.

Well Zemo didn't expect the execs to pull the pussy move and leave everyone alive. There's always that. Execs are the Thanos sitting in a dark chair at the end of all of these movies.

See, I think they got this part right.

What makes Baron Zemo a top-tier villain in 616?

He's not super-powered.

He doesn't have a unique skillset

His's not nearly as over-the-top insane as similar bad guys.
The reason Zemo is awesome is because he repeatedly and indisputably WINS.

Guy sets out to blow up avengers mansion. HE DOES IT. Mission accomplished.

Guy plays a long con where he assumes the role of a hero to win the trust of the public. EVERYTHING GOES AS PLANNED.

Guy decides he's actually an altruist and wants to save the world. OH IS THAT ALL?
Guys like Dr Doom and Red Skull like to talk shit about superiority and will to power. Zemo actually fucking does it. When Zemo decides to do something he *gets shit done*.

You never ever see him covering for failure with some kind of 'oh I wasn't really trying, such things are beneath my effort' bullshit like Dr Doom. He's either 100% or 0% and if he's 100% he wins.

>>who is saying this? everyone understand his plan just like OP do
You'd be surprised at how many don't

People somehow think he planned for the Accords and large scale fight to happen too

I think if either Tony or Steve died there would be no Avengers. In Both Avengers movies it came down to Steve to rally the team and convince everyone to fight together in the end, but Tony pays for everything.