Anastashia

Why do people hate this movie again? Why was this the beginning of the Dark Age of Don Blueth

This film is wonderful.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UqipZjeUCVs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Anderson
youtube.com/watch?v=bnocQK8t_so
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A better question, why does this exist? youtube.com/watch?v=UqipZjeUCVs

This sequel is very underrated

Don Blueth needs to make Netflix series.

I don't really know what it is about Anastasia that keeps me from upgrading it from good to great. Maybe it's too formulaic, I dunno. Real fucking good looking and well animated though.

There is so much fappable waifu bait in this fucking movie

Even Anastashia's mom is 10/10 GMILF

There really was no purpose for a stereotypical idiot villain in there, let alone a villain song.

The movie was a weird mix of mature trying to copy-cat Disney, when in fact it would have been 100 times better to simply be mature and get it over with.

Atlantis could be mature, in a way, and that was a Disney production. Gargoyles was also mature despite the fantasy action aspect. Why couldn't Anastasia be mature?

>Talking shit about about Rasputin

Eat a dick him and Bartok had the best chemistry in the film. The only thing that sucked was the way he ended up dying

I watched Anastasia for the first time last night. Many people like to think that movie is what triggered the Dark Age of Blueth films where the quality starts dropping down. I dunno what the fuck kinda hate drugs they were on this movie is great.

The animation looks like shit tho. 1997 is when this film came out and Balto/Alpha and Omega still looks worse. I heard rumors that Disney wanted to buy a shitload of IP's from Don Blueth IE: Secret of NIMH, American Tail, All Dogs Go To Heaven, Land Before Time, Thumblina, Titan AE and of course Anastashia

All the other worthless shit can stay with Don Blueth: Rockadoodle, Rover Dangerfield, and especially A Troll in Central Park

I think the reason Disney wants Anastashia is because Anastashia is a real princess unlike Pocahontas. A Russian princess sounds kickass especially if her gimmick is "poor people make me physically ill have the slaves go work in the labor camps."

I will be adding this movie to my favorite animated films list
Over the Hedge
Rango
Antz
Ice Age 1
Brave Little Toaster
BH6
Tarzan
Jungle Book
All Dogs Go To Heaven
When the Wind Blows

Atlantis was so great until they got to Atlantis

Admittably the worst part about Atlantis is when the General throws his Lt. off the balloon and then she lives long enough to turn face

Americans get their education from tv shows and movies so they were pissed it wasn't historycally accurate

>Atlantis could be mature, in a way
Nah. The only mature thing about it is that there was cigarettes and booze in it.

>Takes place in Post World War 1 Europe
>All of the major cities aren't suffering from immense poverty and destruction the German's caused
>Romanoff family welcomed back with open arms despite being the one's who killed off most of them originally

And death...lots of death

>Over the Hedge
>Antz
>Ice Age 1
>BH6
>Tarzan
I kind of hate you.

There's death in basically every Gisnep movie.

What's wrong with my choices?

Holy shit I forgot about this
What an underrated waifu

And I love it for that

Modern Disney films suck because they need more death. When was the last time something died Faciller?

They're movie I don't like and I'm still butthurt Phil Collins won an Academy Award for Tarzan.

>Anastashia isn't even in this movie yet it takes place in Russia

That's why it's called Bartok, idiot

Don't be a queer

That movie gave us Jane and Clayton

I don't like it, at this point it feels cheap and unearned.

>When was the last time something died
BH6 had the protag's brother dying, and the villain too.
And he had dead parents to begin with.

Good Dinosaur went full Lion King and kids got traumatised.

Anastashia was literally filled with waifu bait please apologize if I wanted more waifu bait you feg

I don't waifu and I can take or leave Clayton.
Also Rosie O'Donnel.

Yeah but that's a marvel movie and a Pixar movie

I mean a Disney exclusive movie

I have no idea where your train of thought is going, little buddy

Get over it you fag the movie is visually beautiful and I want to watch Jane eat Sandwiches slathered in mayo

Was dragon lady in the first movie? I haven't seen them in years and honestly Bartok is the only character I even remember.

BH6 was made by Disney, not Marvel.
At this point it's just nitpicking from you, but hey, have a villain death in Wreck-it-Ralph too.

This is an Anastashia thread not a Bartok thread

Bartok can't carry an entire film by himself

Big Hero 6 IS a disney exclusive movie. I think.

You're in no place to call anyone a fag, user.

It... user, it's related... Bartok The Magnificent was a sequel to Anastasia. Relax.

BH6 is a property owned by Marvel and it was funded by Disney

Disney exclusive movies IE: Frozen/Zootopia

Well, technically it was a spin-off sequel. Either way, it's just as thread-relevant as whatever other conversations are going on

But it's a marvel property that doesn't make it Disney exclusive

No

That whole story might as well be non canon

The movie was literally made and distributed by Disney studios and Buena Vista (with no involvment from Marvel) and not adviertized as a Marvel movie user, the movie is direct property of Disney. I don't know what to tell you.

Reminder that the Snow Queen is not a Disney exclusive IP.

> it's a marvel property
The movie isn't, no.

My fetishes are better than your entire sex life user

That's really not saying as much as you seem to think.
My fetishes>your fetishes>my sex life.

Gay

I wish.

It's pretty fucking weird that they made a movie about a little girl who was brutally murdered, as a story of what might have happened if she wasn't killed.

Yep, always thought that was strange. No idea why they didn't just make it a generic fantasy country and lead and keep the story exactly the same.

Not to mention that the whole movie kind-of-accidentally implies that the rise of Eastern European communism was caused by an evil wizard.

rotoscoped main characters

>The animation looks like shit tho

It was a very popular belief that she actually wasn't brutally murdered since at the time there were at least a few people claiming to be her.

But I do agree that essentially it's weird.

Well, it was based on real events... kind of.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Anderson

And I think that's the main problem people had with the movie - if you're going to make an animated movie about actual history, you need to make sure the plot actually follows what happened as closely as possible. Disney kind of got away with Pocahontas because the events were almost 500 years ago, but then historians were all "WAIT A MINUTE"

To be fair Bluth mostly got away with Anastasia because the Russian distributor pointed out from the very start that it wasn't trying to be historically accurate... but it still got some shit from the Russian Orthodox Church (they'd made the real Anastasia a holy martyr back in '81) and the living descendants of the Romanov family (they were sick and tired of Hollywood pulling the same damn bullshit about their family, only this time with musical numbers and a fucking talking bat).

IN THE DARK OF THE NIGHT I WAS TOSSING AND TURNING

>the beginning of the Dark Age of Don Bluth
>Came out AFTER Rock-a-Doodle, Thumbelina, A Troll in Central Park, and The Pebble and the Penguin.
Fucking what?

But instead of fairytales it could be a very interesting adventurous story without any kind of mystic. Just imagine, USSR, 1920ies, first years of communist regime.
Historically, it was relatively prosperous time of soviet period in Russia (lurk New Economy Policy). But this period also seen the rise of criminality (the criminal world of Odessa or Leningrad after Civil War would be really interesting setting), mass anti-religious propaganda, culture experiments aiming to create New Soviet Man, etc. Also, don't forget about secret police.
It would be really dark story of escape, but instead, we've got only poor copy of Disney

>Film pronounces the name as "ANNA-STAY-ZUH"

It's Anah-stah-scia.

AND THAT'S ALL YOU CAN SAY FOR THE LIFE OF THE POOR

That would be interesting, but not kid-friendly enough

When Don did try to go darker with Titan A.E. he got ignored or something

>favorite animated films
>over the hedge

Mediocre Tier Dreamworks film. The jokes were never able to hit the spot and there was nothing remarkable about it. Also it used the "protagonist is found to be a liar and everyone is upset about him but then they decide to help him out at the end" trope that i hate with all my heart.

Your other choices are pretty good

>the rise of Eastern European communism was caused by an evil wizard.
Well, wasn't it?

Lenin wasn't a wizard. He was a mushroom

thumbelina was great, you take that back.

youtube.com/watch?v=bnocQK8t_so

Every time.

>Titan A.E.
Sometimes I think I'm the only one who loved that movie...

i loved it so much. i even had the soundtrack and it was usually always in my discman. .

Not really different from adapting fairytales with grim endings.

No, I was a dumb teenager once too.

It's my favorite Bluth movie, so I don't know.

>sympathy for the bloated and selfish russian royal family
They deserved the gruesome deaths they got.

>anti-Soviet propaganda
Nah bruv

>changing real-life events to give a happy ending to people who only died a while ago
>taking out the part where the Big Bad Wolf eats two of the Three Little Pigs
Are you fucking kidding me?