Just finished this great Suicide Squad run. Let's get a thread on it

Just finished this great Suicide Squad run. Let's get a thread on it.

One question I have was who was that Black Orchid woman that showed up randomly and had a mysterious past?

Ostrander likes the movie.

I only really recently realised how many Ditko characters are in this run. Nightshade, Punch and Jewelee, Captain Atom and Shade the Changing Man

Whatever happened to Suicide user?

The 80s and 90s were great time for Ditko characters. BB solo, Captain Atom, Hawk and dove.

That's the only time I've seen her in anything tbqh

He never talked about its writing though. He just praised the casting over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

He committed suicide.

jorgelucas.jpg

C'mon user. First there's the direct financial incentive for him to support a move that is gonna make his books and his characters more popular.

Second there's the flattering aspect that they spent hundreds of millions of dollars to make his creations come to life for the world to see.

Third there is literally no reason NOT to support it when DC has been his parent company for a long while and has treated him pretty well.

I don't think there's any paranoid conspiracy going on here, I just don't think there's any reason to trust Ostrander's objectivity in the a matters of the quality of a Suicide Squad movie. It's like asking a parent to admit their child acted in a terrible movie.

>he can't possibly like the movie thats unbelievable

user just pointed out that Ostrander might be slightly biased.

At the same time he went on a unprompted speech trying to convince people of something that was never suggested. He's clearly insecure about the whole thing. Frogposter has a point, though maybe it's just that is an autist who overthinks peoples likes and dislikes.

Who are you quoting?

There is a Pretty good Comic by Gaiman about the character.

It's kinda bad user. Art is magnificent though.

Frogposter doesn't have a point, since user never argued that Ostrander didn't like the movie.

Since you're getting so worked up over someone's opinion, I guess that makes you the autist.

Is the same with Dixon he got blacklisted from dc, But he is happy everytime they used Bane.

If I'm an autist at least I'm less of one than the original guy

you are mother

I'm almost at the end of reading this run. Before I started I didn't think the movie was that bad, just somewhat mediocre. Now that I know how much good material they ignored in favour of generic doomsday machine plot #39876, I can say with enthusiasm; fuck that movie.

Keep telling yourself that kiddo.

I liked the movie for what it was, even if it had a shit ton of flaws. i'm looking forward to what SS2 will look like.

also, let's not pretend like Ostrander's SS didn't deal with generic doomsday machines every now and then too, it was just handled in a different manner.

80s stuff is too slow burn to adapt to movies, pretty much has to be TV or don't do it at all.

>let's not pretend like Ostrander's SS didn't deal with generic doomsday machines every now and then too, it was just handled in a different manner.

Yeah, handled well.

In fact, the only generic doomsday plot I remember was when Kobra tried to fry the brains of everyone on Earth, and even that was just a plot device for an arc about Task Force X and other government agencies being played against each other.

The shitty movie didn't have anything else going for it.

That's a terrible excuse.

for you

Serial stories should be adapted serially. The only comic stories that are suited for movies are arcs that could have worked as minis, actual minis, and event books (also functionally minis). When the appeal is the long build up of relationships and shit like SS it just isn't going to work.

I mean even the JLU episode, while fun, didn't really hit the mark for me. It can still be good but it's just not going to be close to the same feeling without the longform storytelling.

>Akira Toriyama said he liked Dragonball Evolution
>Stan Lee likes anything from a Marvel based property
>James Cameron praised Terminator Genysis
>Gerry Conway said that ASM2 was incredible

Point being?

Treating the creator's opinion like gospel means nothing, because many of them will praise something just because it's based off of their work. Suicide Squad was ass, but obviously the guy who created it who has a financial investment in its success will love it.

see

>Missing the point this hard
Im saying their opinions aren't the end-all, especially when a lot of factors have to be considered.

see

I think the Russia arc could've been successfully adapted. Probably set somewhere other than Russia, though.

he has good taste

so is it just one faggot screaming hate at the movie in the whole thread?

Really seems like it seeing the ip counter.

Anyways its a great run, i recommend checking the semi sequel with rustam and flagg next.

Who would you want to see in Squad 2?
For me i would want Ravan, Vertigo, KGBeast, Black Spider. Would be cool to see Nightshade follow on from Enchantress or Man Hunter to show up.

>no Bronze Tiger

why even make the movie

Fuck i forgot about him.

But if you have ben you gonna need Vixen to.

>who was that Black Orchid woman
There are a few theories, user.

>2016
>people are still pushing the Ostrandar Meme

Ostrander is near-blind from glaucoma and cataracts. How did he see this movie if he can't actually *see* this movie?

Really makes you think.

>Dixon got blacklisted from DC

What happened?

too #woke

But I couldn’t get anything else done. I had ideas for crossovers and such and got blocked over and over again. My time was over. When they refused, over and over again, to allow me to have Steph replace Tim as Robin for a six month arc, I knew my salad days as a creator for DC Comics were over.

Not content to having forced me out, my editor continued to work on my rep until, when new management took over DC, I was totally burned and blacklisted