What was the point of this ending? To this day I still don't get it

What was the point of this ending? To this day I still don't get it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cd9OsHsLJ28&
masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They suddenly ran out of film and couldn't afford to buy any new one so they just decided to end it.

Tony was on a Journey

Schrödinger's cat, tony was dead and alive at the same time

Either someone killed tony, because "when it happens you don't even hear it." Or just like life the show didn't have a cut and dry, perfect ending. It started just as suddenly so why should it end any differently?

It's a world wide phenomenon where everyone's screen goes to black just as Tony is about to

His crew was nearly destroyed and he was asking Butch not only for permission to whack Phil but for compensation for Bobby's death. That and the way the final scene was shot tells us Tony was whacked.

Either he got shot or the FBI had enough to put him away. He gets taken down either way

He got whacked. The black screen is POV of him when gets shot by that guy coming out of the bathroom.

the entire last season shows that Tony doesn't noticed people who are behind him to the right, exactly where the shooter would come from.

what if tony blacked out like the panic attack

youtube.com/watch?v=Cd9OsHsLJ28&

He got onion rings

like fucking poetry.

just for him?

masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/

The scene follows a rhythm of
>Shot of Tony's face
>shot showing what Tony is looking at
>Shot of Tony reacting to what he's looking at

Notice at the very beginning of the scene Tony walks into the restaurant, we get the shot of his face, the empty booth, another shot of his face, and then just a hard cut to Tony sitting down, to transition of Tony walking to the booth. The entire scene takes place in Tony's head. It calls back to Artie Bucco, after trying to kill himself, praises Tony for his ability to see 20 steps ahead, he goes thru every possible outcome at internet speed, and worst case scenario, "I eat for free"

It's basically the final dream sequence, which is why the music is so in sync with everything that's happening. The "Just a small town girl" line is in sync with Carmela walking in. "Some will Win, some will lose" is accompanied by a shot of Carmela and AJ respectively. The cut to black is Carmela walking into the restaurant, getting Tony's attention, who is still standing at in front of the door zoned out, and ending Tony's daydream.

>no transition of Tony walking to the booth

ftfy

>Tony walks into the restaurant, we get the shot of his face, the empty booth, another shot of his face, and then just a hard cut to Tony sitting down, to transition of Tony walking to the booth.

it's made to look as though he sees himself sitting there in the booth. seeing yourself or a double means you're going to die.

david chase did it just to fuck with youse guys, cmon

we (the audience) got fucking whacked.

weak bait

But why the music though?

For you

Really?

Bullshit hackery.

It's open enough that it could have led to a movie if Gandolfini had lived and it's faux avant-garde enough that the hacks that wrote, and idiots, will think it's somehow deep and brilliant.

Those fucking writers can't get out of their own way. If you watch the second half of the last season they keep ham-fisting "you never even feel it" shit every time they can in a completely shite effort to foreshadow. Just like the fucking Phil as the "Shah of Iran" joke: it was funny...until they felt the need to explain it.

>GET IT GUIES?! IT'S COOL RIGHT GET IT??

>pls stop making threads about tv shows
>post twitter garbage and black cocks instead >:'(

How bad can you miss the point
Why do we have two identical threads about a show that's 15 years old

>faux avant-garde
What's an example of authentic avant-garde and how does it differ from this

Honey, It's okay to just say that it was too complicated for you to understand. No shame in it.

You're one of those people who says: "tell us how you really feel" and "i've got me popcorn ready"

nearly anything else
it doesn't suck

>doesn't understand hyperbole

Yes, loudly, proudly and on twitter.

This user gets it

People don't change. Tony had another panic attack after eating too many onion rings and passed out.

He's actually been dead this whole time and he's living in purgatory as punishment for his sins.
I don't know why people don't get this, pretty obvious.

shitting on aundience who wanted to see Tony dead, nothing more. Awful ending.