The script was written with Clive Owen in mind, but the studio is worried whether he's suited physically for the role...

>The script was written with Clive Owen in mind, but the studio is worried whether he's suited physically for the role. No talks were made with the actor.

>Suit screen test was made with an extra, no name is currently assigned for the role.

>Other studio choices include Kyle Chandler, Edward Norton, Taylor Kitsch.

>Tom Hardy has expressed interest in joining DC Film Universe but the studio is willing to find him a much bigger role than one-time villain.

>Over the year fans have name-dropped several actors they see suitable for the role, including Stephan Lang, Josh Stewart, Karl Urban and Kit Harrington and the studio would like to make a choice that would be popular with target audiences

>Ultimately if there will be no clear candidate suitable for the role it may go to the Joe Manganiello, who auditioned for Superman, Batman, Deadshot and Aquaman, losing to Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Will Smith and Jason Momoa respectively. Manganiello was rumoured to play Deathstroke in Suicide Squad but the role was scrapped before the shooting began.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3jLbKr11l20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Tom Hardy has expressed interest in joining DC Film Universe but the studio is willing to find him a much bigger role than one-time villain.
Define "much bigger".

Must feel bad to be joe manginello knowing your everyone's LAST resort

>>Tom Hardy has expressed interest in joining DC Film Universe but the studio is willing to find him a much bigger role than one-time villain.
Did you write a joke article just for this line user

>bigger role than one-time villain
BANE?

>Edward Norton, Taylor Kitsch.
Clive Owen would be great
But can we not have these people?

Darkseid

Earlier Michael Ironside was locked for the role but he's unfit and too old to play the version envisioned by Zack Snyder

Isn't same thing with Ryan Reynolds, him wanting to be some comic character, applying left and right and getting GL and Deadpool?
>tfw JL movie involves Warworld where people fight to death and Darkseid is champion

>using Deathstroke as a one-time villain
That's dumb.

>>Tom Hardy has expressed interest in joining DC Film Universe but the studio is willing to find him a much bigger role than one-time villain.

I guess that will depend on how the performance will be received - Joker was planned for next 3 films but due to mixed reviews he was put on hold indefinitely.

This is the guy people want for Middy right?

Slade is supposed to be old isn't he?

So why not some old action movie star, like take any of the names from Expendables drop em' in a hat and they could be Slade.

Works for me.

I really should start paying more attention to actors so i can have desires for castings.

I am especialy anxious to see who plays granny goodness.

Why not a good actor?

>Clive Owen playing an assassin

Come on Ben, I know you're jealous of Damon sometimes but you don't need to start stealing from his movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=3jLbKr11l20

Fuck now I want to got rewatch Bourne Identity.

Wouldn't put it past him.

It's just going to be mostly voice over, most modern actors don't have very manly faces unlike the old action stars

Pulled from your ass

Deathstroke is a big role they should go with Tom Hardy
stephen lang is good too
scoop him up before he becomes cable

He'd be a bigger guy.

He would have been a good Supes or Aquaman for sure. I feel bad for guys like Isaiah Mustafa who talked about wanting to play Luke Cage for so long.

Because everyone knows that Mel Gibson would be the best choice but so far he's banned from Hollywood.

>big role

For you

wait a minute wait a minute

is this not the same guy that Will Smith just played

how are they not the same character

why am i supposed to give a shit

Mm, I would love to have a 5'8" Darkseid looking up to everyone.

Doesn't he just like sits all the time?

But it's not user, it's from the TheWrap insider that confirmed yesterday that it's for Batman solo film, ScreenRant got a hold of him.

No, Deathstroke is bootleg Deadpool.

the problem with Mel Gibson is simple; even though he'd perfect, and I absolutely love him, he's still only like, 5'9" compared to Affleck's 6'4".

But he's not hot and Slade is hot. How is he a good choice?

3-/10

Batman was 8 cm taller than Bane and yet it worked due to movie magic.

>tfw originally Sup Forums was saying how a Suicide Squad film would be a 3 way battle film between Joker, the Squad, and Deathstroke
>tfw it'll never be

I don't care who he plays, just give Clive Owen more opportunities to be a badass. He does it better than most.

Oh, I know there's movie magic, but I just don't see how they can make Mel have such a large presence on screen. I mean, he got buff for his Expendables role, but he's just not a very tall guy. I'd be okay with him being Slade though.

Not really, that's Thanos. I can't take manlet Hardy trying to omega beam people.

If they'll go with the The Good, The Bad, The Ugly soft remake it still can be with Batman being The Good, Deathstroke being The Bad and Joker being The Ugly.

Please...

>Taylor Kitsch
I actually like him more then not and even I am like What The Fuck? with this.

Deadshot is strictly a sharpshooter and marksman, Deathstroke is that along with being a physical combatant on Batman's level.

>According to the source closely connected to the two of them, Matt Damon served as a consultant for the script, sometimes answering calls from Affleck in the middle of the night and helping him whenever the writer and director of upcoming Batman film was stuck along the way. Apparently Clive Owen was Damon's first and only suggestion when Ben was looking for someone to play a "grizzled and meticulous assassin" having remembered working with him on the set of The Bourne Identity fifteen years ago.

Introduce Sportsmaster too.

IIRC he did get Superman but his commitment to True Blood meant he couldn't take it.

We could have had Manganiello as Superman, Josh Brolin as Batman and Olga Kurylenko as Wonder Woman.

I'm honestly surprised RDJ hasn't pulled some strings and got him a role with Marvel

>Clive Owen
Muh dick would explode.

Plus he knows how to use a variety of other weaponry and combines his fighting style with them. Deathstroke is the number 1 assassin in the world right? Anyone got a list?

>the studio would like to make a choice that would be popular with target audiences

And this is exactly why DCU continues to suck

>hey guys, we're totally insecure and have no creative vision whatsoever -- let's just focus group and market test this to hell and back, that always works, right?

But they absolutely have a creative vision, hence it all being dark & epic as fuck and not campy bayformers tier garbage for every joe fuckass who buys a ticket.

But Snyder and Goyer would still be behind the films.

No Affleck means no Terrio, for better or worse.

All that's certain is there would be less shitposting with those choices, all the better for Sup Forums.

>Kyle chandler
>Taylor Kitsch

Why is everyone in Dillon up for Slade's role?

That was synders vision and it was shit.

>no shitposting about Cavill's hairline
>no shitposting about Affleck, period
>no shitposting about Gadot being Israeli/Jewish/too thin because Olga has a Bond girl body (I wonder if the musclefags would still make a stink)

Even if the performances were exactly the same, it would still get shit because of Snyder, and he'd still probably come up with Eisenberg Lex on a whim (he was going to be CIA Jimmy)

>Isaiah Mustafa

He could be Mr. Terrific if they went the comedic route and made him Old Spice Guy as a cape

No it was fucking incredible & everything some of us was begging for. Unfortunately nostalgiafags & camp addicts are loud and more numerous..

I'm okay with this. He's had plenty of action based roles. I wonder if he could bulk up for it.

I've come with these hypothetical Deathstrokes.
Gerrard Butler
Liam Neeson
Brad Pitt

>campguy has returned

Thread is ogre, everyone go home.

>No Affleck means no Terrio, for better or worse.

What Terrio did with BvS didn't particularly impress me one way or the other. he seemed far more interested in writing a slow-burning Washington political thriller then anything else.

All i really got out of his stuff in the script was he should really write his own version of State of Play or Three Days of the Condor. He seemed very constrained by the cape stuff, which is when Bravo Snyder really took over.

Kyle Chandler is inexplicably up for like half a dozen juicy roles in big movies now. He's a great actor, but I'm not sure why he's blowing up all of a sudden, I doubt that many people are watching Bloodline.

People like you are the reason DC had to do the new 52 reboot. Shitty Identity Crisis mentality poisoned the well.

Butler ducks. Other two are good choices.

I couldn't tell which parts were Goyer's and which were Terrio's.

Triggered

Why not T.O. Morrow

Oh god i want this so bad.

>Brad Pitt
If hardy is too big for the studio too "waste" him on DEATHSTROKE. Then making brad pitt do it, is insane.

Be too close to his role on The Knick, I assume.

>Josh Brolin as Batman and Olga Kurylenko as Wonder Woman.
thank fuck for Affleck and Gadot then

>Goyer

It was the parts that were in the garbage can, user. They re-wrote the entire script.

>Terrio

It really felt like Terrio only cared about the Africa/Senate plotline. Whenever he had to actually write superhero stuff he went to sleep, which is why that's all delivered by Bravo Lord Snyder's "quality" direction and dialogue.

Who the fuck cares about Deathstroke?

Why people like this fag so much?

my nephew said he liked "fast one" best and "shooty one" least in Injusitce, it was nice.

>number 1 assassin in the world
That's not Lady Shiva

Because he's very interesting.

He kills people for money and...

>Kyle Chandler is inexplicably up for like half a dozen juicy roles in big movies now.

Fantastic news. I want more Coach Taylor in hollywood, but I don't think I want him around superhero movies. Just seems weird.

not really

Sean Bean as Vandal Savage when

Go watch Bloodline senpai-chan. He's incredible on it.

You will. You have to.

He's an evil Captain America/Batman with all that entails.

I'd like to see extremely buffed Edward Norton

Here's a radical new idea: IDRIS ELBA as Deathstroke.

>People like you are the reason DC had to do the new 52 reboot.
So?
>Shitty Identity Crisis mentality poisoned the well.
The new 52 was much much better then Identity Crisis.

Midnighter and his bigger dick.

At least he can't die.

The things you're saying in support of the movies make you sound like a person who enjoyed Identity Crisis.

You have shit taste.

He kills people to fill a void, he's a failure as a human being and killing is the only thing he's good at, and killing is the only thing he has left. He takes contracts for the thrill of it, not the money.

Yes really. More so than most A list cape characters anyway.

Ought to make him Cap Marvel/Shazam if they can't get Channing Tatum.

It'd be funny if they introduced Midnighter in the DCEU movies.

Can you imagine just how confused the critics would be? They'd want to criticize the movie and the character for the grim and violent aspects, but they'd have to recognize that DCEU introduced a proud gay super-hero in their movies first.

The click-bait articles would be hilarious.

Makes no sense when it's Marvel with the one-off villains.

Cena as Cap or bust

Yes

Joe's a likable actor

Even in the grindingly ugly Sabotage he was good. Plus he's friends with Pee Wee
He'd be a good death stroke if Lang doesn't want to do it
Or even ...Lobo

Mel or statham would be cool picks though then I'd want a solo movie and a teen titans movie

Fuck. He's done stupid shit that has gotten him in a hole anyone could have predicted, but a Gibson Slade with a little Riggs thrown in could be ridiculously badass.

Identity Crisis is like Ultimatum its cheap violence, gore and cringyness.

Wanting a mature serious tone and a realistic environment for the characters to believably exist in for the films has nothing to do with that.
And that is not good or shit taste, its just a personal preference, I don't enjoy comedies, that doesn't mean the people that do have shit taste.

Statham is horrible

He has a cool voice, though.

No.

Let's go crazy: i pick Jeff Goldblum.

I don't think you know what maturity or seriousness is if you think the only alternative is nostalgia or camp stuff. Or at least you don't understand why good serious stuff is good and you've latched on to stupid shit.

>Kit Harrington
What is this meme? I'll tolerate Kit as an Inquisitorial Acolyte in a Warhammer movie, but not as Deathstroke

You're the one that mentioned Identity Crisis, not the guy.

I honestly cannot look at him without thinking of Wes Anderson.