Then

Then
>I think Iron Man’s prominence is something pretty much everybody who encounters Marvel in every other medium already knows," Brevoort told Newsarama. "While the masked head of Spider-Man has historically been most associated with Marvel as a defacto mascot, in the last ten years in every field outside of publishing Iron Man is Marvel Comics. If you’re talking about the people who see the films, buy the t-shirts or merchandise, watch the television shows, it all comes back to Shellhead. We’re going to make a concerted effort with 'All-New All-Different Marvel' to make Iron Man the forefront of the comic books’ universe as it is elsewhere."

Now
>Iron Man replaced by OC donut steel and Doom

At least they're finally getting that Iron Man will NEVER EVER be popular. People like RDJ not Iron Man.

What doesn't make sense here is that they created a new character in Riri instead of using Rhodey's genius teenage niece who already existed.

Bendis didn't create Rhodey's niece

His international popularity is more to do with the mech suits.

Good. Iron Man a shit.

You a shit

And you know what? No one else new about Rhodes genius daughter or bother to mention her ever again until Bendis put his stupid OC daughter self insert with Riri

So who really gives a fuck and just dont buy the comic book?

Brian pls, it's dumb to ignore the family of the guy you just killed off

by getting upset you will ultimately only give them more money and attention. If you just stop being a character/companyfag and ignore the stupid shit that makes you angry you will provide less incentive for Marvel to continue to pull stupid shit

Remember: Marvel doesn't fear making their fans angry; they fear them becoming apathetic to their continued shitting on established characters

Shitty movie
shitty character
cool looking action figures

Of course Iron Man is not popular to anyone over 7.

Because she was not relevent to it.
We dont need to remember her but bendis was ploting legacys and thats something you need all the info to do.

That first line came out wrong i need sleep night Sup Forums

They have to understand that this model won't last forever. Eventually anger turns into apathy. Look at how broken down X-fags have become.

Now that Spider-Man's part of the MCU, I guess they don't feel the need to push Iron Man quite so hard in the comics.

>No one else new about Rhodes genius daughter or bother to mention her ever again
Lila last appeared in Armor Wars. This was LESS THAN ONE YEAR AGO.

I've been reading Iron Man since the original Armor Wars in the 80s. He's one of my favorite Marvel characters. I feel very comfortable saying that Iron Man is indeed a shit character.

>Look at how broken down X-fags have become.

And yet Xbooks still sell more than anything but Spiderbooks and Star Wars

>people still buy spiderbooks
I see masochism is the most popular fetish among comic buyers.

Given his philosophy on anger vs apathy I can see why they went with Jane Thor. Aaron's run put me off Marvel it got so fucking boring. Well actually, I was only reading it on Unlimited anyway and Bendis Avengers and Slott's ASM had already shoved me half way out the door.

Fedorahlord's attitude is hard to take, though, especially if you're accustomed to reading letters pages from the 60's where you can see Stan busting his ass to make people happy.

The Iron Man graze will only last as long as MCU /RDJ Iron Man is dominating the box office. Marvel knows it won't last forever, once RDJ leaves, the character will not have the same casual crowd mass appeal.

>this thread again
You're not Marvel's target audience anymore, guys. Just stop reading.

>this lazy shitposting thread is about to 404
>better bump it!
KYS
Y
S

>implying I ever read Marlel gargabge
top kek F.A.M. I've been part of the DC Master Race since day 1.

In this day and age of the tech boom, Iron Man's massive popularity is no surprise. But of course the comic division is too dense too capitalize on that.

I've literally never met anyone talking about iron man

relatively - yes
however, x-books used to sell 80k not so long ago, and nowadays they barely go around 50k, which is still enough to put them on top

She's not used because she's not remembered, and she's not remembered because she's not used.

You can only make a character better by USING them. And Bendis' stupid daughteru will probably be lost to time when he's done with her, too.

Not to defend Brevoort of all people, but that's kind of a leading question. No sane person would answer theyd prefer apathetic fans.

The one where he says they find angry fans buy MORE comics than excited fans, now that one is damning.

They aren't even worth downloading. Ike at least half of Marvel book.

>dc master race

As if they're historically any better

There's like, I dunno, *maybe* ten good writers in big two comics at any given point in time, and they swap back and forth like a nervous teen in what he desperately hopes isn't his only threesome ever.
Every long running title in both big houses has been shit for periods of years at a time.

Company wars are for retards

>There's like, I dunno, *maybe* ten good writers in big two comics at any given point in time

>I've been part of the DC Master Race since day 1
>since day 1