Anyone else thing that Jane Foster Thor is just kind of a bummer...

Anyone else thing that Jane Foster Thor is just kind of a bummer, outside of whether or not you give a shit about feminism or are mad about original recipe Thor?

She's a cancer patient who's doing superhero shit at the cost of getting better. Depending on who you ask she's trying to die a big heroic death.

I know there are certain characters who trade in the stock of being a frequent bummer (Daredevil) but when I wanna read books about a crazy powerful demigod smacking giant monsters with a hammer, I like doing it without the looming specter of mortality casting a shade over everything.

Its just a plot device for when or if the feminism shit fades

>"oh they dont like girl thor now? shiiieettt"
>"JOHNSON! time to activate permanent cancer death, she will be meeting Mar-vell"

Honestly it never really seems to affect her or anything so its easy to forget about it. Its not like she transforms into Jane and then passes with blood coming out her nose or something. Heck not even the cheap coughing up blood.

I like the series, (I know, shit taste) but the fact that her cancer is such a non factor is pretty big missed opportunity. Then again thinks to go from one big event to another there has been very little time to actually develop her story. Which is kinda true of all Marvel solo's right now.

I dunno, I think it's a decent enough idea that could have worked and been poignant and interesting, but the execution has been severely lacking; enough to make me feel like the character can't be redeemed, and I normally embrace this sort of legacy character.

>She's a cancer patient who's doing superhero shit at the cost of getting better.
Pretty sure Thor (actual Thor) said that Asgardian medicine would be able to cure her cancer, and she refused it, for some retarded reason. At least that was the plot point I remember from the first time it came up in Aaron's run.

>when I wanna read books about a crazy powerful demigod smacking giant monsters with a hammer, I like doing it without the looming specter of mortality casting a shade over everything.
But that's already normal Thor.

The whole thing about the Aesir are that they are fated to die during Ragnarok.
Thor already has a date with Jormungandr. It's set.

If it the writers were smart they'd play with that.
Cancer may as well be Jane's Jormungandr.
What different does it matter that it happens now or in untold eons?
Death is death and time is relevant.

She refused it because Thor stole Jane's stake in a biotech corporation that made millions.

She literally refused a cure for her disease. She is just retarded, not heroic.

>Death is death and time is relevant.
This is like saying a blowjob is a blowjob no matter who you get it from.

I'd rather get a blowjob from a pretty lady than an ugly dude, and I'd rather die an explosive heroic death at the hands of some fated nemesis than slowly having my biology revolt against me

Why don't she just asks T'Challa for the cure?

>The whole thing about the Aesir are that they are fated to die during Ragnarok.
>Thor already has a date with Jormungandr. It's set.

Someone correct me if I'm misremembering, but isn't that point already settled? I seem to recall that at around the same time as Avengers Disassembled, Thor was having his own Ragnarok storyline, which concluded with Thor essentially destroying the system which fated him and all Asgardians to play out these pre-defined rolls, essentially crashing the whole Asgard system, such that they all needed to be reborn during the subsequent JMS run.

No, I think she's fucking retarded. All of the writing in her books makes her a dumb mary sue. Its all lazy and pandering.

"Retarded reason" = Thor fucked her over.

>"Fuck me over, will you? Well then, I'll just die a slow painful death! That'll show you!"
Jane: 1, Thor: 0

Women!

If they were willing to play it how the story actually depicts events, it would be interesting.

Odin was right. The hammer went wrong somehow and needs to be reigned in, and letting ThorTits run around with a hammer with faulty WORTHY settings is a bad idea. Evidence being Jane is just trying to commit suicide blatantly. She could be cured easy as could be by the Asgardians. She's not a hero. She's just killing herself in some kind of mental breakdown.

Except they're going the feminist angle but don't know how to write a female hero so she's just killing herself cause ??? reasons.

I'm loving it really. I feel like the "She's doomed" stuff has toned down a lot since the start

>, I like doing it without the looming specter of mortality casting a shade over everything.

it's ragnarok dude.

What comic was it that she fought Angela?

Has Jane being found unworthy for immortality in issue 136 ever been addrssed? I quit reading pre-Jane, post Godbutcher.
I think Jane Thor is a shit idea, however, speaking as an artist, I would draw the shit out of that.

So when can we just forget her and have the real Thor back? Because shes a joke.

Guys... what if that is what Fury whispered into Thor's ear that made him unworthy?
>"You fucked over your girlfriend"
>HAMMER REBOOTING

That is indeed what happened. He became Rune King Thor, killed the uber-gods of Asgard, thereby breaking the cycle, and everyone was reborn on Earth.

The worst thing is Creel wouldn't be upset over Thor getting replaced by a woman. He'd think it's hilarious.

>>"JOHNSON! time to activate permanent cancer death, she will be meeting Mar-vell"

And now that the Jane from the movies is gone for good, I bet that this is going to happen!

Screencap this shit!

>but when I wanna read books about a crazy powerful demigod smacking giant monsters with a hammer, I like doing it without the looming specter of mortality casting a shade over everything.

That would actually add to the book, if they bothered to really highlight that angle at all. I guess you could argue its just retreading ground that Marv himself already covered, but Marvel has shown they don't care about him, so I guess Whor can take up the cancer death mantle as well.

Titania's reaction is the shitty part, if anything.

Not many Hero's origin involve, "hey, you're dying".

I only like her though because she angers so many normies

Literally the only thing wrong is that she took his birth name. That's fucked up.

There is nothing wrong with a 40+ year old supporting character taking a turn in the limelight.
Some of the dialogue is cringe-inducingly tryhard, but I find Thor to be like that a lot of the time.

It's also wildly out of character for Titania.

Titania hates feeling weak or powerless, and hates people who make her feel that way. That's the source of her whole thing with She-Hulk, and it's literally the core of her character from the very beginning in Secret Wars.

Aaron is a garbage fucking writer. I know the powerlevel fags love the godkiller arc and the two hammer "everyone prayed to Thor" page (even though there are plenty of gods who would gladly face utter annihilation or the end of the multiverse before even giving thor a respectful nod)

There isn't even a problem with Jane having the hammer. I've got no problem with the notion that a person who is laying it all on the line for her people being worthy- that's how Beta Ray Bill ended up scooping it up.

Taking his birth name though, that's creepy as fuck. If you lose the password to your laptop and I get into it, it's not fucking ok for me to then parade around as you, go to your work, do your job, call myself (your name).

>Aaron is a garbage fucking writer
that's an over exaggeration, he is a mixed bag all things considered, his wolverine run was mediocre but his run in Hulk and Ghost Rider prove he can write well, specially Ghost Rider, hell one of his best character in that run was a female character he created, Sara the new caretaker he wrote was pretty good, also you may not like the godbutcher arc but you can't deny it is way better than the rest of that run and Gorr was a good villain, the whole female Thor arc reeks to editorial meddling, not to mention Jane has always been a boring character, i feel the run would be instantly way better just by making fem Thor another character like Sif. And don't get me wrong I'm not saying Aaron can't do no wrong, his Thor run started going downhill the instant the Malkith arc started and that was way before the whole Whore arc.