Start watching the show

>Start watching the show
>Think irs cute and decent for kids
>Discover what it was originally supposed to be
Man that sucks, I hope the creators get to reboot it into their original version

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FlwV3scCgAM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's an OVA by Toei coming out at some point. No word has been said on it's progress as far as I know

what the show was supposed to be?

It was a 2D animated show with a more serious tone and a less episodic plot.

cool

all I know is that the creator browses Sup Forums

While I would've preferred a more intense and serious plot, I'm honestly happy that it was reworked into a kids show solely for Adrien.

Honestly, I don't how making it anime again is going to rectify the problems of the series as it is. It'll just fall to blind eyes that will watch it despite how crappy it is because it's anime.

Would a "serious" Ladybug show work?

Who she would fight? Muslim terrorists, corrup politicians, Zionists?

OP here, is Adrien's dad Papillon/ Hawk Moth? I just got onto episode 7.

Should've made it into an actual comic first, that way you'd have the lighthearted kid's show and the more serious original comic, ala TMNT. Now there's not a chance the original vision is ever going to see the light of day.

>just simple black marker lines and 2 colours added, and it looks so good
Damn, that is some skill.

You're assuming that just because it goes back to that art style that will automatically make it shit. It takes more than aesthetics to make a pile of shit. It also takes the human digestive track.

>It takes more than aesthetics to make a pile of shit. It also takes the human digestive track.
Okay, that is the best post I seen in weeks.

Probably. It hasn't been "officially" stated one way or the other. But he almost certainly is.

The 2D version would have had the better plot and animation, but I think the current version has the better characters

source?

his ass.

It looked good for what it's worth but BOY was Felix a trash idea
youtube.com/watch?v=FlwV3scCgAM

I'm saying there are too many idiots out there who will watch anything anime without any rational thought on whether it's good or not.

episodic isn't necessarily a bad thing

Ok II'll bite , what was this Pixar faggotry supposed to be?How do you make a loli in a clown costume and Catwoman's retarded little brother "dark" and "edgy"

By making it anime af

>It takes more than aesthetics to make a pile of shit. It also takes the human digestive track.

I like how the anime version makes Marinette look like a preteen and Felix look like he's in his mid-twenties even though they're meant to be the same age.

Also going to add to the consensus that Felix was a shitty character personality-wise. Interesting, sure, but not hero material unlike Adrien.

For those who don't know, originally Adrien/Felix was going to be the stereotypical aloof asshole that Marinette fell in love over. Back then the Cat Noir miraculous actually cursed its user with bad luck, and the only way to remove the miraculous was by getting kissed by Ladybug, since her good luck would cancel out the effect. That, combined with Felix's personality, meant that he wasn't actually a superhero, and only sided with Ladybug because he wanted to get something out of her.

I'm sure that as the story would have progressed Astuc would have made Felix accept his bad luck and fight with Ladybug because of a sense of duty or something, but we'll probably never know becase Astuc has grown to hate this character and how much animefags whine about him being replaced with a more fresh idea.

So, the actual characters with the original idea. Gold.

Keyword is 'necessarily'

Who's saying dark and edgy?
You people are always black or white.

In reality the story wouldn't have been different, they always planned for Ladybug to be a long running series. So anyone thinking that the 2D would have been anything besides episodic is an idiot.

The plot was also essentially the same, expect that Hawkmoth instead of working on his own was employed by some big corporation. Though why Hawkmoth would even do that with his powerset is anyone's guess.

>digestive track.
Tract. What the shit is a digestive track? Seriously, listen to a Carcass record and learn some big words.