Old Children's Books

Didn't know if I should go here or /lit/ but let's start a children's books thread.

Did anyone else here have this set? Used them for bathroom reading and ended up knowing alot more useless information than my peers at the time. Fucking loved em, and the art gives a nostalgic feel.

I read them in Spanish.

The set was left at my grandma's house and when I went to visit as an adult, they were gone. Sold off in a garage sale. Would have loved to kept them for my own kids.

Another books series that I liked that went missing was this. Peter rabbit was such a little shit. Do kids today even know of these stories at all? Are there cartoons still being made of them today? If not, I feel like today's youth is missing out. The "bro" and "lol random" shit can only go so far.

Remember these? I swear they were in every doctor's office I went to as well as Highlights.

That snowman is giving me flashbacks of another kind.

If they're heavly illustrated they're Sup Forums
Picture books are considerated sequential art by some critics.

>Old Children's Books

Nick had a Peter Rabbit series but it was its own thing at the end.

FUCK

this book scared the shit out of me as a toddler

Fuck, I remember these.

I went to the Rare Books section of my library this summer and read through first editions of Winnie the Pooh and The House at Pooh Corner from the 20s. Probably not considered picture books though.

Fun fact: the guy that drew The Pokey Little Puppy also made concept art for Snow White.

There's an old picture book that I remember from my childhood that I'd really like to find images of, but my google searching has way too many similar results and I've never been able to find it.

It's one of those "find the ___" books, in this case camouflage themed, where you find the animals in their natural setting. It was pretty detailed and I think the cover may have taken from the safari scene which had a tiger and two cubs "hidden" in it.

Anyone remember something similar? It's been bugging me for ages but I think my memories are too vague to find the right one out of the hundreds of similar books.

holy shit someone else who knows what Pokey little puppy is...

May as well ask here since it's related to the topic. I'm trying to find an old horror anthology, geared toward kids. I can't remember the title, cover or who the author was. The only thing I remember is one particularly weird story in it that seemed out of place for a kid's book. It went something like

>Father has degenerate son who gets into demon worship
>Son draws a chalk door on his own bedroom wall at night
>Father comes into his room that night and finds his son sitting naked against the bed, drinking beer
>Bunch of other people are in the room with them, formally dressed in suits/dresses
>Heavily implied to be demons, the chalk door the son drew was a portal to Hell
>Guests talk about the afterlife, God, the universe, how much they hate humans, all like it's casual smalltalk at a party
>Ends (I believe) with the son and the guests all disappearing and the chalk door vanishes

I think I got some of the details wrong, but it's been forever since I've read the book. All I know is that it was a standalone book and wasn't a part of any kind of popular series (Scary Stories to Tell In the Dark, Scary Stories for Sleepovers, Tales for the Midnight Hour, etc.)

The Pokey Little Puppy is one of Little Golden Books' biggest most recognizable sellers not attached to a pre-existing IP, right along with The Shy Little Kitten. It's not a very obscure children's book.

Book stores typically have Peter Rabbit displays set up every springtime around Easter with lots of books and merchandise, so parents are definitely still buying them.

Rare books section?

I liked the vintage ones best.