So I never really got into anime. Was never quite my thing for the most part...

So I never really got into anime. Was never quite my thing for the most part. However I gave pic related a shot since I like the games and I liked it a lot. So I figured I might be able to tolerate normal nonridiculous anime with a dark atmosphere.

I saw Attack on Titan is on Netflix. Is it worth getting into? I read the premise on wikipedia and it sounds interesting. Also any other recommendations would be welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KJuexdl_c5s
youtube.com/watch?v=MkELGbT9_jM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm the same as you, I've barely seen any anime. Death Note was alright but it was a bit cheesy. I actually stopped watching it about 3/4ths of the way through after a major plot point that felt like it should have been the end but wasn't. I liked Full Metal Alchemist a ton, but I was a teenager when I watched it. Berserk is good, but I've only seen a bit. I started watching it because I've read numerous times that it inspired Dark Souls' atmosphere.

castlevania isn't an anime.

anyway go watch neon genesis evangelion. here is your pump up video:

youtube.com/watch?v=KJuexdl_c5s

u should watch the berserk movies

>encouraging someone to watch anime

castlevania is kind of an outlier in the anime department because it seems like the entire creative team behind it (story, dialogue, casting and voice actors) are entirely western while the animation is done by a jap studio

>while the animation is done by a jap studio
I mean it doesn't matter anyway because the actual work will be done by the same gook sweatshops

castlevania isn't an anime

>Castlevania isnt an anime
Well shit.

Also I will give that a download. It made me feel nostalgia for some reason.

it does matter, sweetie, otherwise it would be filled to the brim with obnoxious japanese-style voice acting which has saturated modern anime since the mid-2000's

I see Beserk is on netflix. I never noticed all the anime titles on there,

Wait so apprently there is a movie and a show. Which is better?

you have to watch the show first

Show -> End of* -> Rebuilds**
*takes place concurrently with 25 and 26
**movies following the same general story that might be a reboot and might be a cyclical sequel

Oh man you are in for a ride.

Watch the show first. They fucked up the ending so bad they remade it (End of Evangelion). I do recommend you to watch the whole show and then End of Evangelion. I didn't bother with the rest.

jesuschrist it's as if NETFLIX had everyone under a fucking spekk

this show is rash, animation is trach, script is trash, dialogues trach, voice acting trash.

THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM!!

>implying that he end of evangelion wasn't the best tv show finale ever

Also, don't be fooled by the "generic" mecha feel of the first episodes. Crazy shit will go down.

watch Hunter × Hunter
don't be fooled by the faggoty first episodes

>Posting the english version

>talking to me in english

cram it up your ass you fucking fartknocker piece of shit

youtube.com/watch?v=MkELGbT9_jM

start with Death Note, if thats not your thing then nothing is. Attack on titan is maybe a little too childish as an entry into anime for an adult whos never seen an anime.

yeah deathnote should have ended when that one guy died, anyway based on those animes I'd say black lagoon might be up your alley.

the only good berserk show is the one from the 90s, even the movies suck ass.

This is pretty good but I hated the stupid Island Game season shit was boring as fuck the one with the cards and the video game. Wish they made that the second season so we got to good season back to back.

>So I figured I might be able to tolerate normal nonridiculous anime with a dark atmosphere.

you are welcome faggot

>also attack on titan naruto bleach etc. are shit pleb taste dont waste time

best shonen by far, original dragon ball being a close second.

>but I hated the stupid Island Game season shit was boring as fuck the one with the cards and the video game.

it was a fucking chore reading that but I powered through, I feel bad for anybody that was reading it around that time weekly

Literally the gayest shit I've ever seen.

i highly doubt that all the animation was done by a jap studio, some of it looks really good and some of looks really bad.

Why don't you watch the two Vampire Hunter D movies that Castlevania took all of its ideas from?

the only anime I've seen is this, Ghost in Shell, and Ninja Scroll. All on tv in the 90s or maybe early 2000s

I assumed it got its ideas from the video games.

>implying the last 2 episodes werent inside Shinji's mind during the genesis sequence in EoE where shinji chooses individualism over collectivism

The blame CGI Anime is bretty Kino

Death Note will probably be the easiest for you to get into. It's also on Netflix. Attack on Titan is worth a try but it's not for everyone. Cowboy Bebop is another good pick but it has some anime-y stuff in it.

>implying Gon sacrificing his arm wasn't a GOAT fuckin moment

Hey OP, luckily for you some jackass made a bait image which actually contains some of the greatest anime you can get into. Every anime in this image is worth watching.

samurai champloo
cowboy bebop
jojos bizarre adventures (2013)
steins gate
everything else is weeb trash

The Amazing World of Gumball is a great anime

Start with

Movies
Jin Roh
Perfect Blue
Gits
Akira

TV
Bebop
Paranoia Agent
Lain

moot is rolling in his grave

My problem is that you're using two exclamation marks when a question mark would have done fine

How much of it did you watch?

Not much into anime myself but one day watched this because was bored and really liked it

that BD remaster was attrocious to say the least

man I've been meaning to watch that shit but the character design puts me off. I thought that pic was from Hell Girl at first

Watch Kaiji. Follow up with Akagi once your weeb levels have risen.

topkek

patrician

because anons are retards and half of these are unlabeled

>top row, left to right
Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Initial D

>2nd row
Serial Experiments Lain, ?, Paprika, Akira

>3rd row
Berserk, Welcome to the NHK, Redline, Hellsing Ultimate (might be the original series, can't tell- both are worth it), One Punch Man

>4th row
Princess Mononoke, Ghost in the Shell, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, ?, Gurren Lagaan

>5th row
Kaiji, ?, Steins.Gate, Spirited Away, Perfect Blue, ?

wait, actually the last on on the bottom right is sayonara zetsubou sensei

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Ping Pong: The Animation, Madoka Magical, Tatami Galaxy

those are the ones he didn't fill in

it's not, It's Tatami Galaxy, unless that's the Nip name in which case apologies

oh, my bad. thx for clarification bros

>CLANGserk
>ever

I'll take the 90s slideshow any day

most of the anime on U.S. netflix ranges from passable to bad, imo