When the Dc Extended Universe eventually starts producing tv shows, what do you want to see be made?

When the Dc Extended Universe eventually starts producing tv shows, what do you want to see be made?

Honestly? I'd actually like them to do some kind of Daily Planet or Gotham Central sort of drama where it's just completely normal people. DC has a lot of good supporting characters that have zero powers. It'd be a good way to keep costs down, maintain a bit of connectivity with the movies (the characters in the shows could easily be part of the background or supporting cast in the movie - Cat Grant, Maggie Sawyer, Harvey Bullock, Renee Montoya, Vicki Vale, etc.) and entice some good talent who would be interested in making a sort of police procedural or drama but not a crazy comic series.

They're already making a show like that

Its a DC sitcom called "Powerless"

The Question on Netflix

Powerless is a comedy/spoof. I'm talking about an actual serious drama or procedural show.

Powerless isn't movie continuity, you're thinking of Krypton

I would want to see a villain centered tv shows, perhaps Secret Six

Laurence Fishburne (Perry White) and Jk Simmons (Commissioner Gordon) have been on tv shows, so unlike some actors who are expensive as shit and will stick to the movies, you can totally cast them as their roles from the films too. And you can definitely cast actors who can pull double duty and appear in both the films and tv shows. That wouldn't be any trouble at all

A live action Question definitely needs to happen, and could actually work due to people's affinity towards crime shows

I don't think Krypton is going to be either, it's just set on Krypton before the explosion

you really think it's going to last that long AND Warner Bros. are dumb enough to set everything in the one continuity?

much easier to just carry on as they have already, multiple continuities spread across multiple broadcast partners

who would want to watch it? Even Gotham needed origin of Bruce Wayne and the villains as a bait.

>Laurence Fishburne (Perry White) and Jk Simmons (Commissioner Gordon) have been on tv shows, so unlike some actors who are expensive as shit and will stick to the movies, you can totally cast them as their roles from the films too

That's quite the assumption.

Some people will work for scale if they like a project, but don't imagine just because they're under contract to do movies they're already contracted for tv appearances, regular or guest, or that this would be cheaper than hiring a stand-in.

The main problem with tv and movie crossovers is that they're working to very different timescales - you've got to be ready to do tv when they've confirmed they need you enough to pay for you, and within the very short turnaround each show has; you film your scenes for a movie up to two years before the public see them. The biggest problem with that is visual continuity, but it can be hard to get back into character, hard to schedule at short notice (especially if you've got other commitments that are running unexpectedly long). Not saying it can't be done, but.

>Laurence Fishburne (Perry White) and Jk Simmons (Commissioner Gordon) have been on tv shows, so unlike some actors who are expensive as shit and will stick to the movies, you can totally cast them as their roles from the films too. And you can definitely cast actors who can pull double duty and appear in both the films and tv shows. That wouldn't be any trouble at all.

That's exactly what I mean.

Imagine a serious Daily Planet drama headed by Laurence Fishburne as Perry White with supporting staff. MIchael Kelly (Steve Lombard) primarily does TV. Rebecca Buller (Jenny) has done TV as well. Fill out the rest of the Daily Planet staff and other supporting characters - Ron Troupe, Maggie Sawyer, Dan Turpin, etc. - and you got a solid cast for a show. And since these are all supporting non-powered characters you can stick them in the movie for a quick cameo if you'd like.

Same with a serious Gotham Central procedural headed by JK Simmons as Comissioner Gordon. Fill out the rest of the supporting cast - Harvey Bullock, Renee Montoya, Vicki Vale, etc. - and you have the makings of a serious police procedural with characters that can easily make quick cameos in the Batman movie.

John Jones Manhunter from Mars. A detective serial following J'onn J'onzz in his human guise as he solves mysteries mundane and extraordinary and tries to keep his status as an alien a secret. Using his powers in low key ways to help him occasionally

A flash TV show would be nice.

how about we do Batman's origin, too, we haven't seen that too much, right? And lets have Dick Grayson as Robin and Barbara Gordon as Batgirl, haven't seen those too much, right? And instead of cool high concept stories we just have him kick mobsters in the teeth.

With Gotham Central, you could actually have a fully-formed Batfamily fighting fully-formed villains.

That horrible Flash costume actually makes me wanna cry.

mid to high budget JLI series focusing on either ted and michael, fire and ice, guy and ice, ted and fire and martian and l-ron swapping focus every episode or every two episodes. of course it should have an over arching plot-line, adapting the max and checkmate going evil shit for the first seasons would work extremly well, even if id hate for ted to die, but it would certainly make it more serious in the end.

also, it should have a mainly comedic tone, focusing on characters and their misfortunes, but it should also get serious at times when a real crisis does occur.

batfamily series focusing on actual longer mysteries. have dick rebuild the batfamily after the inevitable death of bruce, or simply just because is an angry old asshole. and focus on the team, or really individual characters solving murders and taking down shady organisation. reference big important villains. the ideal characters for this would be dick(as either nightwing or batman ), tim ( as either a new robin, or red robin ), cass and steph, members of batman inc. such as nightrunner and batman of japan that appear in episodes where they need to travel to some distant country in order to solve shit, and maybe bruce and damian.

its should basically be a batman themed venture bros. it doesnt even need a high budget, certainly it could be great if they use even 50% of what they spent on supergirl

also
>mandatory flashbacks to dick being robin
>mandatory red hood/jason appearing and being a total ragin dick, but also a bro to dick
>mandatory alfred focuses episode
>mandatory batman beyond flash forward in order to establish the longer character ark, think reversed arrow flashbacks
>mandatory talia raping bruce scene

question street level series, only needs half a season ( about 13 episodes ), kinda like daredevil. it should be about vic's origin, but at the same time have him established as a crazy conspiracist early on. it could tackle issues such as mental health, paranoia, distrust and shit like that. we should see vic trying to take down some big baddie ( luthor would have been great, but any ebil white male business person will do ) by investigating every aspect of their operations and lives. we should get at least two episodes of characters such as Blue Beetle and Captain Atom appearing and doing a meta-parody of watchmen.

and have him fuck huntress

I want to see them ride the deathstroke popularity wave and do a small series about him murdering people left and right for money. also they can play the whole noble assassin with a code of honour trope like in the expandables movies by showing his human side

most of all i want to see him in his reverse cap costume with his undies over his pants

properly done flash and arrow tv series.

a jsa series if their legacy won't be tarnished too much by the arrow-verse version would be great. follow them in their early days/40s/golden age of super heroes.

it should be a period piece, focusing on original members, and mostly non-powered characters to avoid shit-shows like flash and supergirl, but who knows, maybe cg will get better and cheaper in the future. also it should have an optimistic and uplifting tone about heroism and kindness, but it can also allow for more edgy moments.

These losers.

Gotham Beat - a series following the beat cops of Gotham that all catch glimpses of Batman. Every week a new beat cop would tell his story, and their collective accounts would tell the story of Batman taking out one of his rouges.

You could even do one rouge per season (Harvey Dent/Two Face for season 2 is a must) and bring back recurring officers who start trying to piece the mystery together in their spare time or something. Have the intro and outro as a courtroom hearing of the police accounts and such - try to capture the "whodunnit?" effect of modern court room dramas.

Absolute Justice is the best live action portrayal the JSA will ever get.

*it could have been

This tbqh

That is what arrow was and what it could have been. It could work down the line but i'd say they need a high budget to make this not suck and i dont think wb will invest this much in a tv series

Tv adaptation of Morrison's Seven Soldiers. Even adapt the 'seven miniseries you can watch independently, all linking up to form one big, large narrative,' format.

God, it'd be so hype.

> We already have MCU
It wouldn't be better than Netflix's Daredevil, Punisher , JJ, Iron Fist, Cage, Defenders. Sorry.

JSA
Primarily about a new generation of heroes joining the roster of Old/retiring heroes.
Focuses on Cyclone, Star Girl, Jakeem Thunder as enthusiastic but untrained heroes.

are you serious

I am. Am I not right. Netflix's Daredevil is already a better Batman than Snyder's. The show is much more mature and consistent than every DC movie.

>When the Dc Extended Universe eventually starts producing tv shows
They won't.

The Flash season 1 was "good" but season 2 was shit. Supergirl is shit. Gotham is quite good.
Marvel's Daredevil is amazing, season 1 was great, season 2 too thanks to Jon Bernthal.

I'm not saying it's particularly good. Just that there'll never be anything better. Because nobody cares about the JSA.

It should take the place of True Detective on HBO.

Dude I like Marvel shows fine but you're a total faggot.

Jessica Jones was garbage. Daredevil Season 2 wasn't pretty lackluster after the first 4 episodes. Luke Cage also looks pretty bland from the trailers.

As with comics, i don't really give a shit what it's about as long as it's good.

I'm satisfied with CWFlash so I don't want to lose that for a movie universe I've yet to enjoy.

it's a different kind of superhero story. daredevil is a long street level story. snyder was just throwing shit at the wall hoping something sticks. and yes while i like daredevil, i hate jj. who knows, maybe luke cage will be based.

even so you can't compare big blockbuster movies with 13-hour long tv series. it'd be like comparing arrow to the nolan movies.

>Implying there won't be a "Crisis on X Earths" Movie mixing the DCEU and the CWverse

>mixing two shit universes
the worst part about this is that it will actually happen. hopefully we might get a properly established new earth/post-coie universe where they actually do the dcu properly.

Honestly, I'd love a Jason Todd series. They could use it to compete with the upcoming Punisher series and it could show us the real gritty parts of Gotham.

Also I don't watch Arrow but I guess they could do a crossover and have Red Arrow become Arsenal.

Isn't all the TV-verse, or whatever, held together better that what they're trying to pitch with the movies?

>Honestly, I'd love a Jason Todd series.
on TV?

Yeah why not? He's quite possible since he doesnt use Powers or anything so they can keep specially effects costs low. But I do have to say that I'd like to see the character first in the Batfleck movie. That could pretty much be the setup kinda like the Agents of Shield guy.

Aquaman

>I don't want more because it's from the corporation I didn't ally myself too

Do yourself a favor and eat glass