Its cherry

>Its cherry

What did he mean by this? I feel like this scene is actually deep but the true theme flew over people's heads

The cherry flavoured candy, along with the iced tea in the jar, they represent what the film refers to as "The Beautiful Lie"

That is to say they embody a motif running through the film of a pleasant delusion which people of power use to justify their own acts of atrocity. Bruce's lie is that his violent vigilantism will redeem his parents death, that killing Superman will make the world safer, he drinks from the piss jar to disguise the fact that he goes after Superman because of his own ego and insecurity.

When Lex feeds the Senator the jolly rancher, it signifies a successful seduction and conquest. Luthor tells the Senator that he needs access to the Kryptonian crash site because he wants to keep America safe from attack, but in reality he is planning an assassination. This is a difficult red pill to swallow, so Lex tells him it's cherry-flavored, in the same condescendingly deceptive tone that an elder would use when feeding cherry-flavored medicine to a child.

The beautiful lie that Lex feeds to Senator Finch with the jar is that she is outside his grasp. She believed that she outwitted him when she visited his home, she believed that she avoided becoming a part of his plan by embargoing the Kryptonite, an she beloved she would beat him by exposing his conspiracy at the Superman hearing. But when she sees the jar she realizes she is exactly where Lex wants her to be.

this faggot jew has three credited roles snogging Kstew

Perfect. Absolutely fucking perfect.

And here I was just thinking it was DUDE WEED LMAO. Did Zizek really say that or are you the Zisek poster?

He was popping his cherry
It was literally rape I can't even

I unironically lived this scene

The guy was eating out of Lex's hand, the message is kind of obvious. The scene is meant to be weird and creepy to drive home that Lex is doing something sinister.

It also helps drive home that Lex is a violater of sacred spaces, both personal and otherwise. Literally the only person he doesn't touch("violate") is Superman. Not Clark, mind you, just Superman.

Communion

Yeah, he really wants to touch him at the end, I really don't understand what's the problem people have with this escene, it's supposed to be uncomfortable.

Say what you want about lex, you cant deny he was running circles around everyone in bvs

Because Lex knows the guy is a pedo and is warning him to play ball. I thought it was obvious as fuck?

He was trying to get the import license AND direct access to the Kryptonian ship...but in exchange for what? It was the Senator who had the upper hand here wasn't it?

>tfw you realise this kino really IS too deep for Sup Forums

do you guys actually watch movies or just pay attention when there are loud and flashy bangs?

This is my own interpretation but since I have watched the Pervert's Guide to Cinema and Ideology, read the Absolute version of Watchmen and read Marx's Capitol in its entirety, I believe I am qualified to produce an analysis of this kino. When delving into a masterwork like BvS we must be prepared to drink from the piss jar of ideology.

Analysiskino

I like the cut of your jib, you fucking weirdo.

I did and I actually enjoyed it, but I'm still confused by this scene. What did Lex have over the Senator? Did I miss something?

Impressive. Very nice

The senator got a piece of candy. Zuckerberg used his social media company to know exactly which flavor he liked.

He was trying to be weird like Heath Ledger in TDK, he ended up looking like a homo

What he had on the Senator was fear, in this particular case, fear of the unknown. If you notice, in the lab, the Senator doesn't appear to fear the idea of Superman going rogue, but the instant Lex mentions the possibility that there might be other beings like him out there, unknowns, in other words, you see the Senator's paranoia machine shift into high gear. That's how Lex hooks him.

>waving daisies from a reviewing stand

The main theme of Snyder's "Batman v Superman" on spiritual dematerialism is not eschatological, but a phenomenological ontology. Thus he implies that we have to choose between predialectic construction and deconstructivist neodialectic theory, essentially Heideggerian as seen in the concept of Dasein. The subject is interpolated then into a cinematic dematerialism that includes spirituality as a whole. But if the Kierkegaardian worldview holds, we have to choose between the cultural paradigm of expression and atomism. In Snyder's own "Man of Steel" he has a character say that "the world's too big”. Inherent in this is how the function of Lebenswelt (cinematically translated by Snyder as "world of life") operates in all his films, chiefly in "Sucker Punch" and "300". We see a phenomenological approach to the world showing a cinematic logic that presupposes a structural constraint in rootedness, another intentionality central to his filmography and philosophy. Because "metaphysical comfort" is not an object of temporality per se, but rather an aspect of automatic condition, as suggested by Cavell. Hermeneutic interpretations are also apparent in his post-"Watchmen" movies; in fact the interchangeable subjectivities are but another representation of Husserl's and Wittgenstein's "form of life". As his academic hero Heidegger succintly noted, "freedom is the ‘abyss’ of Dasein, its groundless or absent ground". This is essentially the thesis operating in Snyder's films.

What lol

Is he the best capeshit villain since nicholsons joker?

Finally, someone else who gets it.

TOO FAR

He's up there. That's for sure. Also, I think I figured out how he's tied into all the shady government shit.

I think he even taunts Lois with it.

I like zod more personally but he's definitely in my top 3

>ARGUS
Cant believe i missed that shit

I genuinely love this movie and how autistic people get from it

This has gotta be the stupidest, most "what the actual fuck?" moment in a movie chock full of them.

inb4 some faggot mentions Marvel, those movies suck just as bad.

It's pretty toned down from the inspiration.

tell me, why is stupid?

Interesting

No shit, I was dozing off to sleep thinking of all the subtle hints Lex dropped on people the whole movie when it occurred to me that his conversation with Lois was the only one I'd never found one in. I started playing it over in my head, thinking about the significance of triangles and circles.

The first thing that hit me was the old Thaumaturgic Triangle, something that's used in evocations/summonings, and the implications there are pretty plain, but I don't think that's all he was hinting at.

umm... whats the significance of this? genuinely dont know

I think he was also hinting that his money(pic related) and his government connections() were the reasons he wasn't at all concerned with what Lois thought she could "prove."

Lots of circles and triangles.

reminder that since literally every plot element in bvs is a result of lex's manipulations, all questions they raise are irrelevant, as literally only lex is ever concerned about any questions regarding the existence of gods and vigilantes.

A.R.G.U.S. is the parent project that the Suicide Squad(and Amanda Waller) report to. We think Lexcorp is the means by which the government is seeking out metahumans. That's one among several reasons he's not all that concerned with what Lois is accusing him of - he's too important an asset to the government for them to lose. Even their Latin motto alludes to their search. It translates to "Our Search Begins."

Incidentally, "Argus" is a figure from Greek myth - a giant with a hundred eyes.

Well thats actually quite impressive

itt: autistic people put more effort into making BvS make sense than anyone who worked on the movie

>inb4 some faggot mentions Marvel
Self-fulfilling prophecy