Why does Kid Arachnid always come across as boring when written by Bendis?

Why does Kid Arachnid always come across as boring when written by Bendis?

Bendis isn't a good writer.

Who isn't?

Because Bendis stopped trying like a decade ago. Your OC would be boring too if after 5 years all he had were rehashed storylines, crossovers, and forced controversy.
If didn't always get the best artists to work on his books Kid Arachnid would've gone the way of Alpha.

This I kind of agree with but I really think it's a result of him being on 4 to 5 different books. His dialogue has always been somewhat of an acquired taste or you know awful. But he at very least used to have interesting plots or concepts in his stories. Years ago I think he used to bring something really fresh to comics.

He does 4 books and I think he works on Powers (which no one ever mentions) for Playstation. I don't know if he has all these kids now and thinks fuck I gotta pull in more money for vacations and college and shit, and if so I guess I could deal with it or excuse his work a little better. I'm not going to get in the way of a dude trying to make money for his kids. But him literally being pulled between so many obligations, multiple books, tv show, family. It's no surprise he cuts corners and rushes things but it doesn't quite qualify as laziness to me.

And why do so many black superheroes have electric powers?

>Black Power
>Soul Power
>Contrast between darkness of skin/costume and brightness of powers
>Coincidence.

It does look like they forced an electric ability on him

One word
AESTHEDIC

>Kid Arachnid
Shitty name but I dig Miles on the show

Why didn't they just call him The Arachnid?

Even Spider-Boy would of been less retarded sounding.

It's the same,possibly a bit stronger, ability as Spider Woman

For Bendis it was basically his love letter to Jessica Drew.

Now i want an actual
Kid Arachnid

Wait

Hammertime?

Nah spider heroes have varying powers. He basically got a touch based version of Jess's venom blast. Plus it was justified pretty well. In the Ultimate universe Peter got his powers from an experimentally modified spider labeled "00". The first attempt. Miles got his from one labeled "42". After so much progress it's plausible that he got more powers than Peter.

Can someone explain Miles Morales to me? I've only read about him incrossover events and team titles and he doesn't seem interesting at all. Is he just less nerdy blacker Peter? I can't find any original villians or interesting background characters. Who are Miles' J Jonah Jameson or Green Goblin?

>Jackie Robinson homage in his origin

I want to like him but he's just so dull

Just the regular Green Goblin

Ultimate JJJ chilled out after Peter was murdered. I think there was like a lady investigating him but Ultimate End and all that

>Is he just less nerdy blacker Peter?

Pretty much. He's half Puerto Rican though

>Kid Arachnid
I'm sorry who?

The kid who is an arachnid.

>Kid Arachnid

That's Spiderman. THE Spiderman.

Pretty sure he's only A spiderman.

Do you have a picture of this kid arachnid that you speak of? the only thing i see in the OP is spider-man.

Spiderman's hands don't glow. Clearly that's Havok.

baka black people trying to diminish the name of Spider-man because he's white

Arach-Kid

His solo series starts out pretty decent. Once all the events start happening it becomes pretty shit though. His current ongoing is also alright, but far from perfect.

>Because Bendis stopped trying like a decade ago
Ultimate Peter was alive around 5 years ago, and he was still great.

6 years ago. Man, it's been that long.

>Kid Arachnid

Nice meme, Parkerfag

>Deadpool

I see to remember people liking the team up book

He's actually rather interesting. It's just adults judging a comic for kids with jaded eyes

What even happened to alpha.

Bendis stopped trying around the Venom arc.
Ultimate Spider-Man is one of the most overrated comics on this board.

Agreed

is this show actually good

i loved spectacular

What is Miles's new origin story now that he's been 616'd?

Just think about it for a second.

What was his major action in Secret Wars?

He gave a guy a hamburger and he went "thanks kid, have a nice life."

All that baggage of his parents finding out his identity, his uncle taking a dive (didn't he get killed by accident?) even Peter giving him a handjob to say he is the best Spider now.

Gone, it doesn't count.

How can Bendis be this stupid to wipe away the smallest amount of character building?

To be fair, Bendis wasn't the one who deemed that the Ultimate Universe should be wiped clean, nor was he the one to write the scene where Miles gave Molecule Man a hamburger. That was Hickman.

What you said is still true, though. We barely know how Miles' new life even works. It's the same Miles from the Ultimate universe, brought over here--but do any of the other characters remember? Is this 616 Miles' body, but Ultimate Miles is hijacking it? How did Miles get his spider powers in this setting? His mom and dad are still the same, which means his uncle Aaron should still have existed here, too. Did he operate as a thief--and if so, was he also Prowler, or did he go as something else?

There's so many questions left unanswered on top of all of the plotlines that got wiped away in the transition.

What you do expect from the master of empty stingers? Considering Civil War 2 is just Bendis having seen a trailer of all things for Civil War.

Because he is a supporting chracter in other books. Usually a straight man to more wacky heroes. Or, in USM cartoon, the little brother to much older Spiders.
On related note, hyped for normal Otto in season finale of USM!

I like it

Then why did he never give ultimate Jess that power?