Yeah, I'm thinking America's back

You know.

Because it never left.

Other urls found in this thread:

popularmechanics.com/military/research/a15957655/china-railgun/
nbcnews.com/news/world/these-chinese-military-innovations-threaten-u-s-superiority-experts-say-n848596
independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/china-russia-us-military-challenge-western-allies-nato-strategy-war-military-balance-a8209771.html
qz.com/1205789/chinas-military-technology/
nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/not-so-scary-why-chinas-military-paper-tiger-14085
ejinsight.com/20170105-why-the-chinese-army-is-a-paper-tiger/
youtube.com/watch?v=cYaQNDLtxjI
cfr.org/blog/chinas-artificial-intelligence-strategy-poses-credible-threat-us-tech-leadership
globalresearch.ca/america-has-been-at-war-93-of-the-time-222-out-of-239-years-since-1776/5565946
scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/2126420/china-fires-advanced-hypersonic-missile-challenge-us
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BrahMos
thedrive.com/the-war-zone/15828/china-shows-off-hypersonic-vehicle-test-model-after-us-navy-weapon-test
my.mixtape.moe/mqmrwx.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I winder if it's too late to join

you don't have to be 18 to join the service

>yfw

China and Russia and prolly Iran have those missiles too.

Or the 1970s-80s version of them anyway.

They can't build the tracking systems and Russia won't sell to them

I'm pretty sure that we are 50 years ahead of everybody in terms of anti-ship weapons. Literally no other country has supersonic anti-ship missileas and we already in final stages of testing hypersonic ones.

Russians are pretty good at missile technology tho.

China prolly will just copy from someone anyway.

America's fading. This is the Chinese century.

I have a messed up knee from a motorcycle accident a year ago. Nothing bad but it acts up when I do excessive exercise

>stealth
i can still see it you know

I see nothing, you crazy bro.

>I'm pretty sure that we are 50 years ahead of everybody in terms of anti-ship weapons

I wouldn't say 50 years, but both China and Russia invest much more resources into their anti ship missile technology than the US does. It's a doctrine thing, the US doesn't have many ship targets out there so why spend so much money developing anti ship missiles?

They had to decloak for the photo, silly boy.

There's no other military on Earth that can touch our capabilities.

>They can't build the tracking systems

China can't even build a high performance jet engine.

China just learned how to manufacture ball point pens.

There's a saying, the weapons that are publicly acknowledged are 10 years behind the weapons that aren't.

>China just learned how to manufacture ball point pens.
And they still have liquid fueled ICBMs like it was the 1960s.

Literally the iPhone of ships

>these shart in marts circlejerk about america's military without any knowledge of the subject
popularmechanics.com/military/research/a15957655/china-railgun/
nbcnews.com/news/world/these-chinese-military-innovations-threaten-u-s-superiority-experts-say-n848596
independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/china-russia-us-military-challenge-western-allies-nato-strategy-war-military-balance-a8209771.html
qz.com/1205789/chinas-military-technology/

That ship was designed to use guns for shore bombardment, with at least thirty to be built. Then it was repurposed for naval supremacy, with a total of about seven ships to be built.

Now its a glorified missile carrier that literally does the same job as an Arleigh Burke or a nuclear submarine for 3-7 times the price.

nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/not-so-scary-why-chinas-military-paper-tiger-14085
ejinsight.com/20170105-why-the-chinese-army-is-a-paper-tiger/

>the national interest (from 2015 too?)
>ejinsight (?)
At least try to find more credible sources

They also have literally no combat experience in recent memory. The last war China fought (almost 40 years ago) ended in them losing 20,000 troops to a couple of Vietnamese militia and farm women with pitchforks.

One of the PLA's big handicaps is the huge amount of time wasted studying commie books instead of practical military skills, but the CCP refuses to de-politicize the armed forces since they maintain that the Soviet Union collapsed due to not keeping their army properly indoctrinated.

That is true, but vaporizing goatfuckers in the middle of a desert with unmanned drones isn't the best practice for a fight with someone who can actually fight back

How long before it crashes into a commercial ship?

I put it to you this way. When they were threatening to invade Taiwan in the 90s, Bill Clinton sent the 7th Fleet out there and said "You really want to try it?"

They backed down.

Whatever else, the US was the first to do it, and the first to prove that it works quite well.

>30 years ago
40 years ago China was an India-tier shithole with India-tier economic relevance, the world can change a lot in a few decades

Can we have ze missiles please?

We only got those
youtube.com/watch?v=cYaQNDLtxjI

the US military, despite the memes, is pretty much the same as its always been, for the most part. most of its current "failings" have been on paper stuff or just plain nit picking from traditionalists. the main problem with the US military today is the fact that alot of money is being given over to unproven projects and technology that are abandoned before they go anywhere.

What, vaporizing goatfuckers? I feel like that isn't something that really needs to be proven

>40 years ago China was an India-tier shithole
It still is outside the areas designed to impress tourists.

they still wont invade taiwan. it would be suicide. theyre still a US ally and them invading would mean a war with their biggest economic partner. its not worth it just for a tiny island. not to mention the casualties.

>the main problem with the US military today is the fact that alot of money is being given over to unproven projects and technology that are abandoned before they go anywhere

It's been this way ever since the 1950s though.

If a war broke out anyway, Taiwan would probably be reduced to ash and there wouldn't be anything of value left there for Beijing to use.

i think its gotten marginally better though, you dont see shit like pic related getting shut down because of a few doubts from politicians who dont know shit about what they have.

It really isn't anymore, 10 years ago i would generally agree with you, but now, it really is like a completely different place. Even the shitties places are only as bad as the worst places in Poland
t. been to Tibet, Shenyang, Yunnan

We also don't have anything anymore as silly as the Strategic Helium Reserve in Texas which was put there in the 1920s when military strategists envisioned armadas of battling airships.

Thanks burger bros

i could see having a reserve like that being useful economic wise, considering helium is very rare and has plenty of uses besides balloons.

i forget, is finland in nato? i know sweden isnt.

>considering helium is very rare
Isn't that the second most abundant element in the universe?

rare on earth, you jackass.

Have any of you fucking faggots actually spent time in China? I run a warehouse in Dongguan. It's fucking filthy, impoverished , and desolate.

Aside from the 3 tier 1 cities it's an absolute clusterfuck of a country where human life is almost worthless. Everyone knows the central government can clean sections of Beijing or stimulate the hell out of local economies through inane construction. But the vast, vast majority of people have no means to afford what they are selling.

The real truth is no one knows how fucked the country is except for the communist led government.

there was a screencap about why you shouldn't learn mandarin and how the chinks are yellow jews.

Nope. Both Sweden and Finland are as close as possible to Nato without being full members though.

>2 in operation

?

Doesn't the Finnish army usually conduct training maneuvers focusing on some unnamed invader attacking from the east?

there were only 2 built because it turns out that stealth ships are memes. you cant really do anything without giving yourself away so theres no point.

Only a few nations know how to do that though. The titanium alloy design on the ballpoint was limited to Japan, Germany, and Switzerland before 2016.

It's difficult to keep on earth because it's so light. If it gets into the atmosphere then it will drift to the top and evaporate away into space. There are a few terrestrial sources though, like Granite.

The same Vietnamese pitchfork peasants that defeated us four years before, huh?

You have been saying this for five years but never show any proof of your “factory”.

This exact same post.

Jesus christ dude. Do you have a life?

Indeed. Always from the east.

No they weren't fighting the regular NVA, they were all in Cambodia at the time. Though actually we didn't lose to the NVA anyway, South Vietnam did.

we really defeated ourselves tbqh. we slaughtered them military wise, even brought them to the negotiating table once, but then we let politicians who didnt know what the hell they were doing be in charge of our troops and then we had no clear objectives. combine that with incompetant allies and a dumb as fuck hearts and minds rhetoric (when that clearly wasnt taken into account) the politicians didnt want to sacrifice their image and pulled out.
we defeated ourselves, which, in my opinion, is even worse.

You lose a war when you fail to achieve your objectives, which in vietnam was a stable south a disarmed north willing to give up communism and remain peaceful

Yeah, the one that's worth billions less but does pretty much the same job.

living on bought time to be honest

weve survived worse.

By that logic America didn't win every war ever, and that's just nonsense.

They don't have the needed knowledge. Most of their stuff is stuck in the 80s. It's not easy to keep up for any country, if literally all high skilled software developers are sitting in the US.

we lost 1812.
thats pretty much accepted as fact here.

I mean, if your cunt has been fighting wars for all but 11 years of it's history, you're bound to win a couple

That war was a stalemate.

cfr.org/blog/chinas-artificial-intelligence-strategy-poses-credible-threat-us-tech-leadership

Strategic immolation of one's capital.

Poland did one of those during the Deluge. Their king might've missed out on it but he was too busy fleeing to the other side of the continent to declare victory.

Ah common. They don't even manage to write their own operating systems. In the end they will use Linux and get hacked before they are even able to use their rockets.

haha no, half this board is composed of Sup Forums and to Sup Forums, America losing a war is like Donald Trump not being the greatest person in the history of ever, just cannot be true.

>I mean, if your cunt has been fighting wars for all but 11 years of it's history
Beg pardon?

Revolutionary War: Six years
War of 1812: Three years
Mexican War: 2-1/2 years
Civil War: Four years
Spanish-American War: Three months
WWI: 1-1/2 years
WWII: Four years
Korean War: Three years
Vietnam War: Eight years
Gulf War: Six months
Afghanistan conflict: Eight years
Iraq conflict: Eight years

That would be slightly under 50 years out of 243 years.

Sorry, 21 years was the correct number

globalresearch.ca/america-has-been-at-war-93-of-the-time-222-out-of-239-years-since-1776/5565946

>Sup Forums
>being smart
they dont count because they have the intelligence of a rodent.

Oh yeah, I can't wait to see how lockheeb jewtin fucks this up by throwing a temper tantrum about anyone designing a missile for the military without them getting a 100 billion dollar contract. The zumwalt will always be a paper tiger firing harpoon missiles from the 70s, it's a non-threat to anyone.

not him, but:
indian wars
vast military interventions like grenada and other latin american countries
syria

>not listing the cold war

But even the dumbest marsupial knows to migrate if their habitat isn't to their liking.

Wrong.

The NVA regular forces that invaded Cambodia were only two of their six armies.

The Cambodian regime fell in Dec 1978 and the Sino-Vietnamese war happened two months later. The PLA faced the NVA and paramilitary forces. Not “pitchfork-armed peasants” as your delusional brain believes.

Most of those are some petty-ante border skirmishes from the 19th century, not real wars. Counting actual, real wars, it would be less than 50 years since 1775. Unless you think a couple of American and Canadian farmers arguing over the Maine border in 1840 counts as a war.

i didnt say they were a smart rodent.

Russia tested very recently their Hypersonic missile.

Russian ASMs are the deadliest in the world and the prevention of their export has been a key point in several treaties. The US navy has been stuck in the 60s-70s because the defense industry spergs out every time they start a program for a new one, like when the navy wanted a compact ASM to fit inside the f-35 and Lockheed threatened to take its toys and leave in a legendary fit of tard rage.

Don't forget China

scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/2126420/china-fires-advanced-hypersonic-missile-challenge-us

you mean the "zircon"?
you do realize all the propaganda pics for that thing had a USAF logo on the side right?
also america tested hypersonic missiles a long time ago, they arent new.

I was talking about the Brahmos, which is Supersonic, my bad.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BrahMos

haha

thedrive.com/the-war-zone/15828/china-shows-off-hypersonic-vehicle-test-model-after-us-navy-weapon-test

"The DF-ZF has likely been in development since at least 2013. In January 2014, the Chinese Ministry of National Defense announced a successful test of a hypersonic vehicle for “scientific” purposes. Since then, there have been at least five more launches, with the most recent event reportedly occurring in April 2016."

either way hypersonic is a meme. missiles can still shoot them down. same with CIWS.

Kek, Russia and testing new stuff. Is there any decent video material?

im still not going to be fully happy until they bring back BDU

top tier aesthetic.

This will be your downfall when our Somalian allies attack you.

my.mixtape.moe/mqmrwx.webm

The same could be said about you if you're memorizing posts on Sup Forums and detailing the timeline from which it originated.

Now post how America canceled all zumwalt class because ammunition is too expensive

they cancelled it because stealth is useless on a ship. the ammunition is the same.

There's a reason why only Third World countries use Russian gear in their armies.

Russian equips are fine for simple things like an assault rifle, but when it comes to advanced stuff like an aircraft, they can't compete with the US and Europe for technical sophistication, reliability, or tech support/parts.

LOLno. China is Hell on Earth.