Just watched this and wow, it's pretty fucking boring and overrated

Just watched this and wow, it's pretty fucking boring and overrated.
I don't mind slashers and horror flicks (I enjoyed Halloween and Texas Chainsaw Massacre a lot) but this was so dull. Half of the movies is these retards going out in the rain one by one and getting killed offscreen. I wouldn't mind if there were some creative kills or tense atmosphere but there's none.
How did this get regarded as a classic? The way I see it's just a shitty poor man's Halloween.

because you watched it too late and were spoiled by almost 40 years of slashers that came after it and were inspired by it.

That doesn't explain why I enjoyed Halloween
It basically gave birth to every slasher trope in existence but still was an enjoyable movie at it's core.
Friday 13th is just bad

friday the 13th was never the best in the series, and i don't think anyone would ever say that. the other movies will have the more creative kills you're looking for.

friday the 13th wasn't a legendary movie, it was a legendary series.

Here's a secret you underage moron, none of the Friday the 13ths are "good" movies. On a technical level the closest you get to "good" movies are Part 4 and 6. 4's strength lies in it's realistic characters and 6 for being the first entry in the series to go full comedy (accompanied with great production values).

The first has bland, boring characters talking about inane, pointless shit, getting killed one by one. It's factually not good and even the fans recognize this. Even most of the kills are offscreen. What people find appealing is the 80s slasher atmosphere and comfy camp setting. Having said that the few kills that were onscreen (axe in face, throat slit) were very effective for their time. Kevin Bacon getting the arrow through the neck is a classic kill that still holds up to this day.

You either see the appeal in the shitty pointless dialogue scenes or you don't. You obviously don't. I personally like Part 3 the most, has a comfy setting, creative kills and while the characters aren't as realistic as they are in 4, they're colorful and most importantly, FUN. The sequels upped the game with the kills. While most of the characters in the sequels are 2D exaggerated stereotypes they were at least fun, as opposed to just nothing in the first film. With that said I find the first 3 most appealing because of the setting.

4, 5 and 7 move to an almost suburban setting and they lose the intimacy of the camp setting that I loved so much in the first three. 6 brings back the camp setting but it's populated with children rather than being desolated which ruins the comfy isolation feel.

Part I was never overrated. Once Part II came out it was always regarded as pretty mediocre.

I like the first and third act but the second act is dreadful.

How are 4 and 7 suburban? They take place on Crystal Lake. Yeah, there's a lot more people in those two movies but it's still quite a rural setting. ANOES is suburban.

I said "almost". 1 - 3 were comfy because of the cabins, 4 is just two houses by the lake. 7 is just one house by the lake. The settings are boring as fuck. 7 is the worst in the series, even worse than 5.
>b-b-but muh sleeping bag kill
>b-b-but muh kane hodder stunts
>b-b-but muh carrie fight
It's shit and you know it. Aside from the therapist it has the most bland, boring, forgettable cast of characters in the entire series.

>7 is the worst in the series

Counting the New Line movies, I wouldn't go that far. I agree that it's a pretty awful entry though. I don't even care for Kane Hodder as a whole, never understood why he's regarded as the best Jason. Richard Brooker is the best one in my opinion.

>7 is just one house by the lake
it was 2 houses, the 1 house with koo-koos magoo and the other one with the kids camping.

You should have followed this guide, you only have yourself to blame

you've got to be shitting me, friday 1-7 even though jason goes to hell was a worthless steaming pile of horse shit?

but not a single halloween movie even though 4-6 and h20 are absolutely terrible?

>the man who knew too much
>the shining
>drive
>turbo-pleb

Aren't there a group of local niggers that can just rape your shit vigorously?

Best Girl

Watched this for the first time last week. I thought it was pretty decent and I really dug the score.

Holy shit the ending though, I was getting fucking agitated with the run, hide, push over Vorhees, repeat thing that happened like 4 times or something. By the third time it happened I was thinking "well I guess she's just some teen camp counselor and isn't really capable of killing someone." Then she proceeds to FUCKING DECAPITATE HER

>Best Girl
thats not the moore sisters

it's fucking trash

Try watching it back in 1981 being 6 years old you fucking faggot

they're all comfy slasher flicks besides from the one where it's a fake Jason since the lead actor guy is fucking awful aaaaand Jason goes to NYC

I don't blame NYC as much because the producers legit thought they could shoot a lot in NYC but for budget reasons got fucked over.

Kings of Summer was kino

I have the third one in 3d it's fucking awesome

Has that ever been released in polarized 3D or is it in red / blue?

I am actually rewatching this series again.
It is quite jarring how they had to fit in 5-min flashbacks in order to make the movies even become a feature.

This guy is more or less quite right. People like the films because of the setting and that you can lose yourself within it..... as long as you can lower your standards.
I liked 3 because some of the kills were in the sunny daylight. The ending was gorgeous. Kinda.

Though watching them now, it only now makes me realize that they're being killed by a literal redneck retard. Who happens to be big. I jus picture "duh"-ing around now whenever I see him cuz of that.
What was up with the dream sequenecs anyways? I consider Jason did not kill or rape the protagonist in her flashback and was never there to begin with... it just being some sort of foreshadowing of what was to come. Similiar to how Jason returned in the first part.

lol everything scares you when you're 6, faggot.
Some people on here even find Shining scary or are frightened by it. There's a reason teenagers especially nowadays jus find it boring.
Now, that does not mean it's not a good film. But it ain't scary at all. Its atmosphere can be counted as that, I guess, but that is it.

Yeah, I like how I see the yoyo coming closer at my face like it's real.