Is anyone else angry that Archer went from being so good to so fucking horrible...

Is anyone else angry that Archer went from being so good to so fucking horrible. Why do writers keep murdering shows by switching from individual episodes to season long plot arcs

I watched like two episodes of the new season and lost interest

Same. Archer is one of my favorite shows and Im usually fully invested in every episode but Im watching the new season for the first time and browsing Sup Forums while it plays in the background. They made it so fucking boring and the whole "all of our jokes are now rely on the irony of intentional corniness" falls so flat. Im actually really upset they fucked it up this badly.

Wait, I stopped watching Archer after the shrinking episode? Is it shit now?

Season 6 (shrinking episode) was the last quality season

Season 7 was fine but definitely not great

Season 8 is worse than the office after steve carrell left

>kill off protagonist in case you don't get renewed
>have no plans on how to bring him back once you're renewed
>make an entire season of "it was all a dream"

BRAVO REED

1. Boredom

2. Writer burnout

It's the kind of show that is supposed to last 2 or 3 seasons. They really used all the shitty tropes of spy movies.

I like it tho. I also think season long plot arcs make a show better, by enriching the narrative.

patrician detected

>Is anyone else angry that Archer went from being so good to so fucking horrible
No because it hasn't been good since like season 3. I gave up like after Archer Vice, and I was only watching that out of boredom

The Simpsons is garbage now, which is why I don't watch/think about it. Same with Archer.

Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled with the last season. I mean what was Pam supposed to be?

And Lana getting killed in the end? What the fuck was up with that?

I mean I know that Sterling is supposed to be in a coma, and this is all a vivid dream hat he's having, but Adam Reed could've done better.

And since Sterling was still in a coma at the end of the season, does that mean they're still gonna continue with that ersatz film noir/Hard boiled 1940s detective angle? Or are they going to try another gimmick? (And that's what last season was, just a gimmick. C'mon, Adam. You can do better than this!)

>>make an entire season of "it was all a dream"
Probably three seasons actually.

I stopped watching after Vice. I liked it fine, but I just never got back into it after season 5 ended. Should I watch 6 and 7?

Season 3 started to lose me towards the end. Then Vice killed it so badly that i never went back to the series.

for you

>not just watching shows until they start to flicker out
>not being able to tell when the next season of a show is just going to be milking the cash cow and won't be of any significant quality
Let shows die when they deserve to. If ever I'm wrong in my predictions I hear it on Sup Forums immediately so I just pick it back up. Git gud and stop wasting valuable shitposting time

imo 6 and 7 were better than vice

>All these plebs complaining about Vice when it gave us coke Pam
Why doesn't Archer have more rule 34
Why the fuck does everyone have to draw the fucking Simpsons shitting into diapers

>Why do writers keep murdering shows by switching from individual episodes to season long plot arcs
By the time the writers run out of jokes, the show will often enough of a following so that the audience will care enough about the characters to make the plot follow them more closely.

exactly my thoughts
it didn't work for south park and it doesn't work for archer
first few seasons were really good turn-off-your-brain comedy tho

This. Shows that get big enough just coast on inertia until they finally lose their rabid audience.