The Addams Family

Feel free to discuss any of the comic or cartoon iterations of them here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IsQC3SALRHY
youtube.com/watch?v=2efjnYkeWQg
youtube.com/watch?v=p_9zGlLR3kI
youtube.com/watch?v=X_pouNaSSa4
youtube.com/watch?v=rBsCqY6O7rM
youtube.com/watch?v=htf0JaL32E8
youtube.com/watch?v=HXz3QYgX40k
youtube.com/watch?v=KV30b_KGk3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=cKr2wcDV9ts
youtube.com/watch?v=JfKvJq-bAzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qo44tiDTEVU
youtube.com/watch?v=gSg5IMunUL8
youtube.com/watch?v=AcVDlmbAL0k
youtube.com/watch?v=u3-gfQQ2QNo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

well I guess the original comics were pretty neat, especially for back then
but all I really wanna talk aboot is the old show and the 90s movies. what else matters?

I'm partial to the cartoon, despite growing up with the movies.

I remember Wednesday was always a favorite character of mine regardless of iteration.
Thought it was kinda weird that live action versions usually depicted her with a perpetual frown, whereas cartoon versions tended to make her smile a whole lot.

It was just the 90s edge of that era

I do find it interesting how Wednesday has always been the most different between adaptions.

The comic's either had her with a gloomy expression(most common) or a big smile, never a frown.

Pugsley differs a bit too, but it's mostly just him being more of a follower and and quite a bit dumber in the adaptions where Wednesday is more dominant.
So, essentially any time Wednesday has been depicted as the older sister. In the original comic, the old sitcom and the cartoons(both the 70s and 90s), she was the youngest child.

I honestly think movie Pugsley was pretty bad due to this. He's less his own character and more Wednesday dumb lackey.

I like all versions of Wednesday pretty evenly, but I do very much favor the cartoon and the old series on the Addam kids overall due to Pugsley.

But the cartoon came out in 1992, one year after the movie with Christina Ricci's Wednesday.

I like the shit they say some times, it's long over due for another addams family but would it work now in this day of age cell phones and bullshit we see now?

God I would love to see them rip into tumbler people.

There was the Broadway Musical(and the translated swedish version I went to).

Didn't much care for that specific version of Wednesday and Pugsley, but everyone else did a fantastic job.

And in my case, the actress doing Wednesday made up for it by being the best singer of all of them.

I doubt the two were really that closely related to one-another when in production

They were probably two separate adaptions rather than one unified attempt at a single continuity

So the second movie is the best movie, right?

Maybe?

I actually really liked the third movie, which most people seem to hate.

The new Wednesday actress did great.

I remember really enjoying it. Someone brought up that there aren't any serious stakes, since they get threatened with death at the end--which isn't something that would faze them, but it's definitely Wednesday's camp escapades that steal the show.

Have an adult Wednesday Addams Sup Forums

comic > cartoon > movie 2 > movie 1 > rest.

I miss Raul Julia

We all do user. We all do. At least we still have John Astin.

is there even anywhere to watch the cartoons?

A lot of that shit is hard to get a hold of

I used to love watching the cartoon for uncle Fester and Wednesday

His last role was M.Bison from the street fighter movie

Don't know I'm curious myself

His greatest work was Overdrawn at the Memory Bank.

>third movie
????

Kisscartoons has them all, I believe

Otherwise, a quick torrent search should solve it.

THIS IS A BLUE BOARD! DELETE THIS

Addams Family Reunion

youtube.com/watch?v=IsQC3SALRHY

Made for TV and meant to be sort of a pilot for the new TV show(but only Wednesday actually stayed on for the show, all the other actors left).

Featured Tim Curry as Gomez.

I might be biased in this movie's favor, it was the first Addams related thing I watched and which made me interested in the franchise.

It probably had the biggest impact on my fetish development ever.

>DELETE THIS
how?

I've wanted to marry Morticia Addams since I was 10.

check box click delete on the bottom of page

Was the cartoon any good?
I watched it but the only thing that I remember is the fact that in my country Wendnesday VA also voiced Lisa Simpson

>live action versions usually depicted her with a perpetual frown
She smiles a lot in the 60's version, that was actually my favorite. I was never a fan of the edgy Wendnesday

man now I want to rewatch the movies

I personally think the cartoon is brilliant.

It has some of the standard speedbumps that comes with being marketed to a younger demographic, but it's mostly great.

They also managed to get John Astin to voice Gomez.

youtube.com/watch?v=2efjnYkeWQg
youtube.com/watch?v=p_9zGlLR3kI
youtube.com/watch?v=X_pouNaSSa4
youtube.com/watch?v=rBsCqY6O7rM

iunno, 90s movie pugsley was funny enough, in a quieter kinda Curly kinda way. the only bad pugsley is the one that grew up into the fedora guy

I loved her relationship with the nerdy jewish kid
I can't really pick between the first and second though. They were both great and kinda function as a unit. only grandmama was recast

i wish there was more weird random nudity in movies today the way there was back then.

There's a fantastic solution for this, and that is to do like the 60s-show reunion movie in which they got wednesday and pugsley back AND also recast them, just saying gomez and morticia had two new kids who were just like the old ones. And then named them wednesday jr and pugsley jr. like as if the addamses have babies in litters.
That way you get double the wednesday, double the fun!

>the one that grew up into the fedora guy
Jesus Christ I didn't know it was him hahahaha

I've been having hard time remembering y first childhood waifu but I actually think it may be Wednesday from the movies. Makes sense that the girls I'm still most attracted irl and in cartoons/comics to have the gothic dark hair and pale skin thing going on ( Raven, Kenzi Solo, Eva Green, Death of the Ednless)

isnt that just bizarre?
i mean everyone is someone, and it's not as if he's really famous since that version of pugsley didnt do anything and wasnt well-received or even well-known, but still..

This.
though I still prefer the more modern-styled Lydia Deetz variety to the ironic oldfashioned clothes and hairstyle type

I'm not a big fan of the redo on Wednesday Addams personality. I appreciate that's more interesting but in the original show, she was a kind little girl despite her gloomy and dark physical look. It was a contrast. Here and now, she's just dark dark gloom dark. That's fine I guess but it takes some of the charm away.

>Featured Tim Curry as Gomez

Haven't seen it yet,but Curry as Gomez?On paper sounds great

Imagine Chrstina Ricci as Lydia Deetz...

Well the problem is that "gloomy and dark" look doesn't come off as anything but quaint, oldfashioned, and sweet since.. honestly since even the time when it aired. They were supposed to look kinda dark and gothic like what you'd expect a vampire's family to look like. Now if anything she just looks amish. you don't expect anything dark out of a girl like that, except ironically in the Shining sense.
If they were to seriously reimagine the original spirit of the addamses for the post-80s period, Wednesday would look like a scary goth with heavy piercings and black makeup, but then be a super sweet perky little thing

Meh. I like Ricci, but I'm in love with Winona Ryder

anyone remember the video game on the snes? i just remember it being slightly creepy as a kid

fester's quest for the nes was better

there where like 8 video games

I remember the NES game that was based in the movie. My cousin played a lot of it, but she always died in the refrigerator level.

>My cousin played a lot of itt
hehehe

Actually, Fester's Quest predates the movie. It's based on the TV show. Because.

Cartoon Wednesday was probably the best Wednesday. Way more fun than Movie Wednesday.

talking about the pugsley's scavenger...i dunno the blood when you killed enemies and i thought the water in the bathtub level was also blood. it was like i was killing cartoon characters gruesomely. and they didnt allow blood in the snes version of Mortal Kombat...and that music...i was like 6, easily creeped out.

Just visiting Sup Forums for 5 minutes. Used to like this place but..
>muh waifu
>muh fetish
Yep that's what I recalled.
Alright catch you in another 4 months.

What got your underwear in a knot?

Unless either Sup Forums goes way more Amish, or the rest of the world gives us lonely nerds a lot more outlet for our frustrations, that ain't happening in 4 months.

>but she always died in the refrigerator level

yeah she seems dry but happy

I wonder how much of that is the fault of widespread colorization of TV. A retro black and white throw back could work for the Addams

Why has there never been an Addams meet the Munsters thing ever?

I remember the neighbor that usually antagonized them was obsessed with briefs. Is that right?

This episode was weird.

youtube.com/watch?v=htf0JaL32E8
youtube.com/watch?v=HXz3QYgX40k

He had an obsession with underpants. Briefs and Boxers. He was the CEO of a company that made underwear.
youtube.com/watch?v=KV30b_KGk3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=cKr2wcDV9ts

It's all you people talk about.

It's so fucking boring.

mmm.... i'm not sure. i think colorization hurt the munsters more
really I think it's just that we don't have that connection anymore to the premise of oldfashioned people in horror. Horror has changed a lot. the closest we'd have now is like, creepy backwoods country folk who seem creepy but turn out to be nice. and that's hardly as good. You'd just get accustomed to it quickly.

read the thread, man. there's more to this thread
but there's ALWAYS room for hot girls.

I honestly hope it happens at some point.

One mention of fetish in the entire thread. Only one proper waifu post.

You're a really shitty troll.

holy shit is that Debi Derryberry?
cmon man you can't expect me not to want to cuddle that shit. She is every comfy-as-fuck neighbor girl in every cartoon

You can't just ctrl+f for specific words and call it a day.

It is indeed.

Pugsley's voice actor is Jeannie Elias, voice of Creepy Susie.

There is still barely any such posts.

Oh stop.

v

he was also on Taz-mania
i freakin love his voice. I wonder how he's doing

remember when Pugsley and Wednesday introduced MC Hammer on SNL?

he was on Night Court a bunch.

>Astin currently teaches both acting and directing in the Theater Arts and Studies Department at Johns Hopkins University, his alma mater

From wiki

How come they managed to fail so badly with the 1999 intro?

60s sitcom
youtube.com/watch?v=JfKvJq-bAzQ

70s cartoon

90s movies
youtube.com/watch?v=gSg5IMunUL8

90s cartoon

1999 sitcom
youtube.com/watch?v=AcVDlmbAL0k

fuckin anteaters

awesome. god knows we need oldtimers to teach modern fuckups how to act and direct.
It's kind of a weird dichotomy, yknow? and not just the obvious shit like "seemingly snobby upperclass but actually nice vs seemingly down to earth working-class but actually secretly bigoted jerks who think everyone is below them", but really if you think about it, they're almost backwards.. the munsters scare everyone by how they look because they're straight up CREATURES, and they do weird versions of everyday shit, like practicing your writing in blood.. whereas the addamses seem pretty normal until you realize they do everyday versions of weird shit, like playing fake violent games except the violence is real. it's almost the inverse.

I guess it's good they didn't want to get typecast by the old series but then again the theme song is probably one of the if not the most remembered thing from the franchise.

I dunno. We where really more of a Munster house.

Y2K man , they probably thought they wouldn't live long enough

>Why has there never been an Addams meet the Munsters thing ever?

>After one to many accidents Herman get's fired from his gravedigger's job and takes on a temporary position filling in for Lurch and to Gomez's insistence brings the rest of the family along to help out.

There I came up with the plot and it only took two and half seconds

youtube.com/watch?v=u3-gfQQ2QNo

She should start a band.

That would actually work. The munsters would be too proud to accept charity so they'd be all polite about it and insist on helping out, earning their keep.. but herman and lily would quickly grow bitter over how cavalier these rich folk are with their fortune while they had to work hard
meanwhile grampa and fester just settle in thick as thieves.
lily watches the kids, they give her the usual substitute-teacher treatment addams style, and she's seen everything and a half so they actually like her. and i guess eddie would .. play with them too, i dunno what his thing ever was besides 'is a kid'

Surely they bring us only misery and poisonous things.

That's pretty crazy to be known as Pugsley from the direct-to-video film and "tips fedora" guy.

I wonder if anyone showed him that Squirrel Girl cover that had Mole Man on it.

Butch Patrick actually played Puglsy once in a TV special

that doesn't make sense, he was the same age as the original tv actor wasn't he?

I would Mortica from the 60's series.

wow i just looked it up, it was an attempt at a variety show pilot.. with all different actors.. and butch was fucking 19 and rocking some pretty sweet 70s hair.
also geddaloada cap'n lurch albano up there

also apparently in that same year he was in Lidsville and i never recognized him before.
remember Lidsville? the witch's name was fucking Witchie-poo.
No wait, that was pufnstuff. Lidsville's villain was fucking Charles Nelson Reilly playing that one weird blue magician from that Teen Titans episode, only in green.

why are the creepy girls always the cutest?

It was the Matrix of the 80s, way ahead of its time.

because you figure they won't be creeped out by you, like the media teaches them to be

Can I just say something about the older tv series? Carolyn Jones as Morticia Addams is quite possibly the most beautiful Morticia in my opinion. She has that fragile doll look that's just so damn captivating somehow.

Like I said, I would her.

Try not to suck any dicks on the way out.

>Look it up
>First thing is lost media wiki

I'd ask "Would you?" but let's be honest, who wouldn't?

He's dreamy