I hope Mike won't try to make another feature film

I hope Mike won't try to make another feature film.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MkGCtin50SU?t=35s
youtube.com/watch?v=OKS75xb18UM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not for while. he's only recently emotionally recovered from Space Cop

>rip on "intentionally bad" movies all the time
>make intentionally bad movie

Literally what were they thinking?

He needs to stick to what he's good at, being a nobody on youtube.

Being earnest is difficult and opens you up to failure, and nobody is more aware of that than the guy who made his career on that.

i guess they under-estimated their skills, so it didn't come out unintentionally bad, while still not being good enough to make anything worthwhile, so they're stuck in 'intentionally bad' territory

>devout RLM viewer
>all of their content suffers both in quality and quantity due to the fact that they're spending time on Space Cop
>The movie is finally done; I try to watch it and it's literally the only RLM-related video I couldn't bother to finish

got like 2 scenes in... had to drop that fast

>Mike: That'll be for when we make Space Cop 2
>Jay: That'll be for when you make Space Cop 2
I feel like the could make a decent movie if they tried, but instead they went for the so bad it's good XD meme. Despite saying that it doesn't work in other reviews.

bump. let's have an RLM thread

youtu.be/MkGCtin50SU?t=35s

I also couldn't finish it.
Ironically, I'd rather watch them get drunk and bash on it.

where did the idea that they tried to make a so bad its good film come from?

That's not what it is at all. Don't get me wrong Space Cop is a bad movie but not because it's intentionally bad. Are you guys just talking about the brand of humor? Where they use overly used tropes but turn the schlock up to 11?

Because that's not the making a so bad it's good film, that's just RLM's humor. It's very clearly intended to be a joke, rather than something executed so poorly that it's become a joke.

If we're talking about intent at least, obviously the final product is a "so bad it's bad" film.

if you are consciously implementing blatant typical mistakes that bad movies make, like letting a scene go for too long, at what point is that different from doing an intentionally bad movie?

When future generations sift through the smoldering rubble of postmodern America, they would do well to locate a hard drive with RedLetterMedia content on it. They could study Mike and Jay and, with that thin slice of information, fully understand what it is that killed western civilization.
Those two are bitter, cynical nihilists. They have devoted their lives, the prime years of productivity, to pithily lampooning cultural ephemera and implying "we could do better than these idiot filmmakers, but we're too cool to actually try."
They are every strain of societal AIDS melded together into a super AIDS of cultural death...
Well into middle age, they're still obsessively analyzing adventure stories for children. They're childless, unmarried, stubbornly avoiding an actual profession, opting instead to beg for Patreon donations. They are subsisting on the patronage of even more embittered, more lonely, more cynical losers who need virtual friends to swim in their vast Petri dish of misery with them.
Look in their fucking eyes, man. It's a joyless, pointless existence they're living.
They are so afraid of sincerity or honest artistic effort that they'll leave behind hours of footage of them chuckling about Tommy Wiseau. They are artistic cowards and abject failures in every respect.
Each time you catch a glimpse of them, you're reminded that we peaked as a civilization a long time ago. We're done creating. We're done feeling real emotions. All we can do now is analyze, criticize, and ironically pick through the dessicated corpse of our once great nation.

Are you asking for the difference between a spoof and a situation similar to The Room?

idk, it's pretty obvious to me.

isn't jay gay and mike had that grill that he may have married at some point after she abandoned the show after too many aspies piled up on her?

>It's very clearly intended to be a joke, rather than something executed so poorly that it's become a joke

so like Sharknado?

also i doubt shit like letting a scene go on for too long was intentional. that's just mike and jay being bad filmmakers. you people are giving them too much credit if you thin every mistake in that film is a result of them doing it intentionally

Gillian? Jillian? Fuck happened to her? I know Jay likes dicks but people were shipping those two pretty hardcore for a while there.

The Room was trying to be a serious movie, and it failed, which is why its a genuine so bad its good movie.

Space Cop set out to purposely be bad, which is why its basically unwatchable. Sharknado and Samurai Cop 2 aren't meant to serious movies, they are trying to make bad-funny. Which for me is why they aren't enjoyable.

I understand Space Cop has a lot of RLM humor in there, and some in jokes. Still can you honesty say they were trying to make a good movie? Even a good comedy movie? I don't think you can.
>B-but muh parody.

Parodies of bad movies are good for like 5 -10 minutes, not a feature-length film. Which is why I have zero interest in watching that new movie about the Room. When you can just watch the real thing.

it is known
youtube.com/watch?v=OKS75xb18UM

i just watched 2 or 3 scenes. i stopped at the one were rich evans goes to his tiny room and does pointless things that do nothing to advance the plot

i thought the whole point of that was to make a useless scene that goes for too long, because otherwise i couldn't understand what i'm watching. didn't make it any more watchable.

i guess it could be interesting with a commentary track with the guys explaining movies that do similar things and shit like that, but for straightforward watching it was just painful

I want to see them really try to make a good movie, not just an intentionally bad B-movie rip off.

this thread is fuckig stupid

someone post the hackfraudmedia video

Did he not hook up with that?

>make intentionally bad movie
>it's unintentionally unwatchable
What dimension of chess are they on?

>Edited by: Mike Stoklasa

would be cool if they put some effort into a nice, unambitious ninja or similar film starring len kabasinski, that spoof they did was kind of nice even if they still made it intentionally bad instead of actually trying

i guess when you spend too many years laughing at people it makes it impossible to actually just try things straightforwardly

Witnessed, dark lord

they had planned at one point to have len kabasinsky, landis and the canadians do a best of the worst and include space cop but I think they realized their movie is shitty and wouldn't go over well.

Why? It gets ignored and nobody wants to see that garbage. Posts like that are the bane of Sup Forums.

I still find it hilarious that Len makes fun of other people's movies that are objectively 100 times more competently made than his own.

>have len kabasinsky, landis and the canadians do a best of the worst and include space cop
I think it would be fun.

He seems like the type who'd Chester Bennington himself if he really put his heart and soul into something and people didn't like it. Easier to just stay in the safe space warehouse making Youtube videos with his buddies.

Was Space Cop shit? I never saw it.

it's not just shit, it's unwatchable

A 5 minute parody skit that drags on for an hour and a half.

Are any of their movies worth checking out?

It's already confirmed he's working on Space Cop 2.

the best word I can use is monotonous. it felt like a fucking chore to finish honestly.

They wanted to have fun on set. Rarely does that resault in good film making, but it's a roar of a time.

Tbf the trailer was shit.

Feeding Frenzy is pretty good.
Space Cop was alright, but 1/3 of the movie is unwatchable.
Recovered is just meh.

I hope he does. Clearly, for him anyway, making movies is a passion. If it's gotta be schlock, then it's gotta be schlock. I think he just really likes it.

I liked Feeding Frenzy, that was low budget comedy horror done right. I agree with others ITT that Space Cop felt like the same joke over and over.

It's pretty sad when endearing internet filmmakers fail at making features. I really wanted to like the AVGN movie because of James Rolfe, but it was so awful.

What are some good BotWs to rerewatch? Getting bored waiting for new ones.

>rip the prequels a new one
>suck Disney's dick and overlook all flaws in nu-wars

I have no idea

You have severe problems user. Seek help.

>I hate women and minorities
The problem is in your little head, sweetie, not the movie itself.

its in reaction to how bad these threads are actually and how bad rlm's content has been. friend simulator threads are pure cancer

What the fuck is this post

>I hope Mike won't try to make another feature film.
I'd like to see them step out of their comfort zone. The recovered manages to be a decent microbudget psychological horror. It's not a great movie but they seemed like they were trying. Also mike absolutely fucked Tina Kraus, probably while jay watched.

why would they make a good movie?

mike said jurrasic world was one of the best films of 2015
jay thinks daisy ridley is "charismatic as hell"

you shouldn't be fucking surprised.

You are now aware that people spent thirty american dollars on blu-ray disc copies of Space Cop. Those copies of Space Cop will occupy shelves and gather dust, only to be thrown out when the owners realize they are never watching it again.

Yeah they just LOVED Rogue One.

>Mike sucks TFAs cock because he got blinded by fanservice
>RLM then devotes multiple videos specifically to shitting on Rogue One for fanservice
Bravo!

Except they didn't like TFA because of fan service. They explicitly say in their review that all the fanservice was one of the weak aspects of the movie. They dissliked R1 because it was NOTHING BUT fan service.

Yeah, nah. It's obvious Mike got duped by TFA and in retrospect understood how shallow and bland it really was. He was tricked by 'the man', a cardinal sin for cynical Gen X'ers like himself, so he and RLM by extension then overcompensated with Rogue One.

I am by no means saying Rogue One is a good film. I'm just saying that it's incredibly easy to figure out what went on in their peanut heads.

>Yeah, nah.
Okay just continue to ignore reality and make projections so you can pointlessly bitch about them not validating your opinion. Have fun with that.

it was a spiritual and economic disaster

damn it, those two crazy kids. why cant love work

>tfw you watch the earlier best of the worst videos with her and jay
>see their body language
>she is clearly leaning toward him and looking at him a lot
>he leans away from her and averts his gaze
Oh, Jay.

>analyzing the body language of people that make fun of bad movies on the internet
They will never be your friends, user. Just give up.

You don't have to analyze body language if you're not autistic. It's easily observable and honestly hard to ignore.

Sorry to hear about your condition user.

I'm not the one with an investment in the personal lives of internet personalities, you pathetic faggot.

same... I love all their stuff but I still haven't finished the movie. It just isn't funny or even entertaining in any way.

>internet reviewer seems to know what they are talking about
>have a background in film school / in the field
>have respect for them
>they make a feature length film
>It's absolute fucking garbage
>respect lost

Every time.

Is there any of them that actually make a good movie?

Problem with Space Cop is that they didn't take it seriously. I can't laugh at something if it is overly goofy. Or if it is too obvious that it is supposed to be so-bad-it's-good.

When I made a shitty cheap parody movie with my friends, we went all in. I had my friends waste 8 hours of their time, from light till dark, reading off my shitty script, again and again, for 2 scenes. Waking up at 4 in the morning to get a sunrise shot that, because of how long we took to shoot the scene, became ridiculously out-dated within the scene itself. It didn't matter because we were under deadline and winged it. I'm not saying I'm a genius, but these efforts need to hurt in order to get results.

I've heard good things about Ashens and the Quest for the Gamechild but I'm scared it's just Sup Forums shills.

Plus I like Ashens so if it's not a solid 6/10 or better, exactly what you said will happen.

I feel like they put a lot of effort in, building sets and props and ad libbing and changing the script, but that just makes it more tragic. The behind the scenes videos built up a lot of hype for me, but ultimately it's the same process ANY movie goes through.

Take out the winkwink jokes and Space Cop could be a bad 90s movie on Best of the Worst, complete with Rich Evans explaining that he saw what they were TRYING to do.

>noticing body language means you are invested in their personal lives
Ok autismo.

I've seen it. I'll be generous and say it's the least painful out of all them. And that he got Davis Warwick to make a cameo (and a funny one to boot) gets props. It's bogged down by a HORRIBLE forced comedy relief character.

Best of the Worst: Featuring Space Cop when?

I'm legit autistic and I noticed it too. It's really hard to miss.

So what's the concensus on Jay Bauman: Scared of girls? Gay? All of the above?

Why not? Len just doesn't have the budget for it.
He explained it well.

Get. A. Life.

Jay the fuck are you alluding to?

Why do they shill disney so bad?

DELETE THIS

thanks for the pasta

what's the moment you realized space cop was terrible? for me it was that aAaAaawkward moment with patton oswalt being unable to turn off the video feed.
too many in jokes and "it sounded funny in my head' moments like that.
being such outsiders to the film industry and only having 5 people amongst themselves to make the movie I feel like they should have pushed the weirdness more but I think they had a really hard time making the movie and it shows.

mike and rich evans should just write a movie about puns

This. People here are retards. It would be like calling Wet Hot American Summer "bad on purpose."

Splitting hairs. Bad on purpose or just bad. Neither is good. Either way they made a shitty borderline unwatchable movie. Not even fun to rip on.

Bad on purpose and just plain bad is not "splitting hairs."

Could Mike adapt The Turner Diaries to film given enough budget?

Could he raise fund through Gab.ai and Hatreon, literally Patreon for alt-right?

you should watch it with the commentary on. it's comfy that way.

The only people who dislike TFA are prequel fanboys paid off by Disney. Wait what?
Anyway it made a lot of money so it's good.
t. Mike

Do you think that Mike ever thinks about sexually assaulting Jay? it'd be easy for him

Not even for sexual pleasure just as a power excersise at this point after all these yearsof being together if Jay had not assumed himself as the submissive part of this duo he would have left years ago to try his hand at his own independant venture. It'd be easy for Mike to set up a Re-View taping and when they are sitting on their chairs Mike would only need to stick out his un-erect penis out of his pants and go with the tapping as if nothing were happening.

Soon enough Jay would have no choice but to crawl to his sit and put Mike's member on his Mike hoping to feel it get erect inside the warmth of his mouth. Why hasn't it happened yet? They could even offer the footage as a Patreon incentive.

I'm dead

Space Cop was a spiritual and economic disaster

40% of Sup Forums fanboys who watched the movie couldn't even finish it

>forced diversity isn't a problem
It is though, sugartits

are you one of those "BvS best movie ever made" guys

This one

has anyone watched The Recovered? that was their only attempt at a 'real' movie.

>watch Gillian act like a giant whore and make Jay uncomfortable for 40 minutes

For what purpose?

Rich was funny anyway.