If Batman is such a great detective...

If Batman is such a great detective, how come he is always surprised by some secret society that he always thought was just a myth/folktale/story turns out to be real?

there is a secret society that hides secret societies

Secret Society logic and plotlines when it comes to Batman:

Oh shit, a lunatic with a mask and a bunch of heavy ordinance. Let's stay on the down low until we're ready to put him in his place
We're ready to put him in his place
We were wrong. We were so wrong. This fucker is crazy and he just broke my legs

Because even though the comics say explicitly that he's the world's greatest detective the plots demonstrate he's not much of a detective at all most of the time, let alone a high quality one.

Is this what the third or fourth time batman discovers about a secret society? Fucks sake

Because Scott Snyder and his disciples have been writing him for 5+ years

Morrison did it with the Black Glove. It wasn't even that original when Snyder did it. Morrison probably wasn't the first either.

Feels pretty lazy for Snyder's protege to put this out.

Because Batman isn't omniscient faggot.

/thread

If you're really, really good at something then you get surprised when you fail at it now and then. You don't think Usain Bolt would be surprised if someone blew right past him to the finish line?

St. Dumas is an even earlier one, but it's still not the first. The League of Shadows when Ra's first faced him should probably be one of the first he's run into, though now that they turned it into an urban legend, it's completely new and different.

>All this Azrael acknowledgement.
I'm diamonds

Bad example. In that story, Batman hasn't been proven wrong yet.

>Implyingthat's not why Azrael is in Gotham

Because DC has a secret society which sole purpose is to create secret societies

I chuckled.

This isn't Snyder's protegè is it? I thought he was just on the main Batman book. He's stealing Snyder's stolen idea (which Snyder totally misunderstood from Morrison also) to kill Batman.

>Gotham
>League of Assassins
>Order of St Dumas
>Religion of Crime
>Black Glove
>Court of Owls
>Arkham Knight's Militia
>Batwoman's Dad's Arkham Knight Militia
>League of Shadows

Batman's one blindspot is massive organizations aiming to kill or replace him.

Tynion is Snyder's protege, yes, along with a whole slew of upcoming writers from his writing class.

Well, St. Dumas was more an accident, since their killer tried killing a weapons dealer in his city and ends up causing a massive mess. The biggest bullshit Denny pulled was saying that Ra's could never get a spy inside the Order to figure out what the fuck their plans were.

You mean the League of Assassins, not the League of Shadows. Hell, originally the League of Assassins was implied to be just one of many orders under Ra's al Ghul's control; it was led by his rival, The Sensei, and Ra's led the Brotherhood of the Demon. After the Sensei died, he folded it into his larger organization.

Ra's organization was called "the League of Shadows" in Batman Begins because Bruce obviously wouldn't join an organization called the League of ASSASSINS. It's a bit weird seeing it work its way into the comics as a separate, super-secret group-within-a-group - they'll REALLY have to try hard to make them not feel redundant.

I was okay with Bats not knowing about the Order of St. Dumas and other worldwide shit because he's usually busy fixating on Gotham. But I never did buy into the Court of Owls. "Oh we're so secretive you've never heard of us before but we're totally a significant addition to the Batmythos except we're not."

I'm talking in the book that's OP, since apparently now they want to implement the naming conventions from Begins because synergy or whatever bullshit. Also then what's the organization that Deathstroke was part of? A guild?

what about the shady looking dude with full black eyes that Cass seemed to notice?

It'll probably be the order, they seem to be everywhere recently.