Obama said $20 hr. factory jobs are never coming back no matter what Trump says. Is he right?

Obama said $20 hr. factory jobs are never coming back no matter what Trump says. Is he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0Z760XNy4VM
tirebusiness.com/article/20141010/NEWS/141019987
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Believing the nigger of a president who is the number one arms dealer in the world

source on this?

that's incredibly naive.

Yes he is correct, anyone who has the slightest clue how trade and economics work would understand this.

I'm still voting for Trump though, fuck Mexicans and fuck Muslims.

>never
Obama is a classic narcissist, he can't envision any political act beyond his own presidency. Thus when he says "never" what he means is that he will never personally allow it to happen while he has a say, which isn't much longer.

>Is he right?

Yes

Source Robots

>attacking based Obama

How do it feel to be retard?

why the fuck not?

I mean trump is going to crash the country causing a hyperinflation so based mr obama is wrong here, factory workers will in fact make 100.000 $ / h (however they won't afford anything for it!).

Eat shit, I'll fucking fuck you up if you said we wouldn't get out labor jobs back.

nigger

are you retarded?
if the job provide profits you can afford the pay, fucking slavshits go back to working for 1$ a day.

nice projecting but I make 6.5$/h, adjusting for the life coast its about the same purchasing power as at least 12$ in your country. its not all that bad for a supposed shithole, and I haven't even finished a degree and am just 21 years old.

>anyone who has the slightest clue how trade and economics work would understand this.

Bullshit.
Example:

Either you can pay 1000 dollars for your Iphone made by chinese, or you can pay 900 for an iPhone made by american factory workers who get paid 20/hr.

Which will you buy?

>no more $20 an hour factory work
>$15 dollar an hour minimum wage
wtf Obongo

Literally neither in quantities large enough to support the American factory worker.

Extend that from the corporation's perspective - does Apple create another factory in the U.S. for the extremely limited demand for $900 iPhones, or does it continue to operate in China at a higher profit margin, take the volume hit from selling in the U.S. at $1000/phone, but maintain a healthy volume and profit margin by selling hundreds of dollars cheaper to literally the rest of the world.

Protectionist policies are dangerous. They aren't impossible to implement, but there are always costs associated with them.

It's called communism

No, 20$ factory jobs may not come back, but with the proper legislation (national interests) 20$ will be worth more.

It is usually hoped that protectionist policies encourage local businesses
Some dude could literally make jPhones for $500 and probably make bank with iPhones being priced at $1300

it be nice to have a chance to have a factory job.

That deffeatest attitude of the left is 50% of the reason I want trump

The other 50% is nationalism and the end of globalist economics

>the president who couldn't reach 3% economic growth in eight years wants to tell us how the economy works

Okie dokie

Depends on if he can get congress to do whats necessary. Either way it's better than having a commie globalist at the helm.

Factories are returning to the western world but the jobs are not coming back with them. Automation has reached a point where it is cheaper to automate your factory than pay a work.

Even a third world worker is more expensive than a robot.

>does Apple create another factory in the U.S. for the extremely limited demand for $900 iPhones

You're kidding. Americans go crazy over their stupid phones. It's like niggers with air jordans.

Of course people would buy it. And if you're saying the differential gains aren't enough to be worth it to build a U.S. factory, that just means you up the tarriff until it is worth it.

>Protectionist policies are dangerous. They aren't impossible to implement, but there are always costs associated with them.

Of course. There are costs. There are also benefits. I think the costs are worth the benefits.

As it is, we're bleeding dollars to china and we can't sustain that behavior. We're doomed on this path.

It's nice to hear people say American workers are superior etc. But we are talking about Manila labor here. Do you really think American workers are worth 10x of Chinese labor? I don't know... If I own manufacturing Chinese labor seems more attractive.

This and automation.

Say it with me.

Universal
Basic
Income

I'm so fucking upset my friend quoted this meme picture to me yesterday like it was something Trump actually said.

I worked in a factor for 4 years making electrical relays at one of the "best factories to work at" in the nation. It was absolute shit drone work. Almost everyone involved did the same mind numbing task all day. I had one of the fancier jobs, I got to test relays and solder and repair, and a bit of quality control/auditing. Automation, even when I was there, starting to really show.

When I got there there was this one job done by 5 people. By the time I was leaving, it was done by 1 guy and three robots, he had even less to do. he basically just babysat the robot. They treat the workers like cattle. Engineers on the floor who, I'm sure are incredibly smart and gifted, usually when on the floor (70% of a lot of their work) just stood there watching diagnostics, able to use their phone. The factory workers themselves had to leave their phone in the locker, it was like highschool. Everyone there was on antidepressants or old and dying.

One job I had there I tested 6 relays at once. Over the years they kept adding more test station and kept it to just me. Near the end I was testing 11 relays at once (fucking difficult), with no increase in pay or acknowledgement, in fact they were bitching near the end daily that I wasn't meeting the rising quota some days. The company made massive profits and we got fed weekly how great the company was doing, but the workers never saw any of it. You could give companies 5% tax rates and the lower end would never see it. Fuck factory work, I'm glad it's dying and not coming back.

>doesn't have enough skills to be anything past a factory worker
>complains he isn't getting what he deserves because he wasn't smart enough to become the guy managing the factory
???

factory jobs are all replaced by robots

>factory jobs are all replaced by robots
Then we need some fucking robot factories int he U.S.

Why are you actinglike that would be a bad thing?

What? I literally just had one. And then got laid off.... ;_;

Or you don't buy a iphone at all, and we become Best Korea.

$20 / hr factory jobs for unskilled labor will never come back and should have never been there in the first place.

This is coming from someone who has worked as manufacturing engineer for 20 years.

If globalists are allowed to have their way then Obama is right

Of course they will come back. Wages grow faster in Asia, it costs a lot of money to transport all the stuff from Asia to West and automation helps us, too. In 10 years we might see localization of work instead of globalization.

It was my first job and the management all seems to be from the same catholic church. The point is everyone seems to be clamoring for factory jobs to come back and America will have a well-paid workforce, but you just further showed that factory jobs are worth shit and the workers won't be paid more than the bare minimum. It's all just nonsense to feed into the uneducated right who believe companies out of the kindness of their heart will pay above minimum wage if their factories aren't allowed to be in other countries.

Did you not read the OP or something?

Literally the exact same as saying "Don't worry, we will never run out of shitty third world countries that can abuse the fuck out of their factory workers, so we don't need our own!" We won't get our own factories back while other countries are way shittier than America... so basically he's saying we will never let those countries out of poverty. Based Obama says fuck the rest of the world, forever.

>costs of lot of money to transport
Not really the much, the cost of domestic labor is higher.

Also I forgot that some firms have moved production back to Finland because it´s just easier to do R&D and production under the same roof.

On the money dude!

>advocating Obama on an image board called "politically incorrect"

My question is where do Obama and other globalists see this ending up?

Do they want everyone in the country working a shit-tier wage at a shit-tier mcdonalds or computer job sitting in front of a screen where they don't see the fruits of their labor or interact with anyone in any meaningful way?

We're already seeing a mental health crisis likely caused by the alienation caused by modern living. What do they think life will be like when all the matters are profit margins?

that can get automated too, kinda like how nobody writes C compilers in assembly anymore, instead, it's written in C and compiled using a previous C compiler

>Or you don't buy a iphone at all, and we become Best Korea.

How do you figure this? Please connect the dots between "fewer people have iphones" and "america is korea"

Isn't it obvious that most americans don't need a new iphone? For many americans, iphones are a frivolous waste of cash.

First of all, I think factories are always going to require SOME unskilled labor. Second of all, a tarriff will stimulate innovative production. If there's a big profit to be gained, people will look for new, better ways to produce iphones.

This is a good thing. This is how america dominates the future market.

Automated factories don't just appear out of nowhere; they need to be developed over time, and if we stimulate that process, we're going to be better off.

I'm Director of Business Operations for a staffing company. The $20/hr factory jobs are still here... I don't know what either of these negros are moaning about.

$12/hr is entry level shit here. You're the equivalent of a 17yr old American, congrats

That's not how it works and you should know it.

youtu.be/0Z760XNy4VM

>Cart pushers for Costco paid $22/hr because they can compete with their business model
It will happen when those industries are given a fucking chance

True. I'm just trying to make the point that wages in America aren't as bleak as either side makes it. Yes, the minimum wage is shit, but no one should be making that past the age of 15.

Most commercial jobs we staff start between 18-20hr. We staff near a million of these jobs a year. The jobs are there, the problem is the workforce

Is this rare?

Yes.

>12.00 an Hour
>not a shit job

>t. nu-male cuck

I bet you have a funny surname, my rare friend.

Been using proxies long, pal?

ey b0ss
its a very regular name honestly

fucking robots building robots.

>self driving cars
robots built by robots being transported by robots.

I bet you have a funny suriname

$20 hr factory jobs are never coming back
luckily for drumpf supporters, hillary supports a $15 dollar minimum wage, so they'll be making something while they're flipping burgers

No, I'm too busy cucking dutch men of their women.pls gib money tulipfarmers im sorrie

This. Manufacturing will return only when automation makes labor costs irrelevant, and transportation cost becomes the main concern instead.

were factory jobs ever 20 bones an hour unless you were actually skilled?

fugg if it was 12 bones with benefits and lower housing and food costs wouldn't that work as well?

>subsidies and bailouts stop occuring

trade and economics have been working they way they've been working for the last forty years because our policy makers intentionally sacrificed the wages of the middle class on the altar of globalization and centralization of power

tl;dr they only work that way because our laws are set up to make them work that way. we would have $20/hr manufacturing jobs all across this country to this day had our trade and financial policies been in line with achieving that goal

>20 years.

lol. you came in way after the system got fucked, dad. I don't blame you for lacking the proper context

>wants to get paid first world wages for third world tier work
i can't wait for robots to keep making you obsolete

He's right. It's the push for globalization, the 1%, and profit margins.

How does open borders sound now? With no reason to protect the nationalized worker base, expect wages to drop until people riot like Venezuela.

Globalization is only good for the 1%.

They were, and I believe still are, at least for the ones that are left.

Source: My Girlfriend's grandpa got paid well at the factory, wasn't skilled. But the factory shut down right after retiring.

The key trick was making the dystopian world "just a movie" over and over to the point where people will die to prove that the world is rainbows and butterflys.

Can you blame them? I can't imagine how much fear one would feel after being told for 20 years everything was golden just to be shown countless lies, to find out that there are millions of people out there that would heartlessly annilnate them and everything they know.

Nature doesn't give a fuck about our feelings, if we allow another society to crush us, then we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Well at least you're voting for Trump even if you aren't as versed on economics as you should be.

My friend runs a company that largely automates warehouses and reduces labor costs by a big, bit margin simply because the manpower is no longer necessary.

Maybe Trump will wage war on AI and robotics. Would be epic.

They don't understand that Capitalism has no need for uneducated & unskilled workers anymore. The workforce will continue to shrink as it becomes more and more specialized.

Topkek from norway

So Obama just said, fuck you Trump, and FUCK YOU! America!

Nothing new

>Is he right?

No. It wouldn't be immediate, since losing those jobs wasn't immediate, and no major economic growth happens overnight.

But it could be done over the course of a few decades, approximately the same amount of time it took for corporate interests to shift them overseas.

Some companies would collapse of course, but if they can't pay the price of doing business in America, they shouldn't exist according to the laws of capitalism.

There is no free lunch, and Corporate America has been dining on the American public's tab for far too long.

My town is full of $20/hr manufacturing jobs. Gooks have been building this plant for 2 yearstirebusiness.com/article/20141010/NEWS/141019987

When is Obama gonna figure it out and kill himself