Alien:Covenant

you can say what you will, but this right here was pure, unadultered quinoa.

Other urls found in this thread:

avp.wikia.com/wiki/Deacon#Deacon.2FXenomorph
youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sure if you're an easily impressed pleb

*roundhouses your path*

Was it ever explained how the fuck David controlled the fucking xenos?

The fucking neomorph didn't attack him at all. And don't give me that shit about David being a robot. All other robot's in the franchise were utterly rekt by xenos

The other xenomorph that was born from the captain literally raised his arms and obeyed David right when it was born

What the fuck?

Could they somehow sense he was their creator? Or do all you really have to do is blow air in them like a fucking horse?

i guess david bred them to be sympathetic to himself.

that doesn't happen instantly
that would take generations of breeding and one of the early generations would have killed him

>wearing a cloak like some D&D nerd
>that entrance
What were they thinking? Were they thinking?

How about.... the movie is just shit.

At least it wasn't as stupid as Prometheus.....

It was WORSE

Not even close.

Prometheus was just stupid incarnate on film.

Covenant was a vast improvement over that insufferable piece of garbage.

well, the xenos were probably programmed to kill any biological life

>alium comes out back
>alium comes out mouth
>they're just mini-me versions of the adult form

>alium comes out back
>"ok that's different"
>other guy gets alium
>he's flailing around lying on his back
>"ok so now it has to come out of his chest right?"
>it comes up his mouth

So what came first? the egg or the queen?

you're stupid

prometheus' plot was good and extremely thoughtprovoking; the characters were somewhat shit

covenant has a few ok moments, but it's mostly just shit, and save for David, the movie has noone to give a fuck about

Watch the movie

>David literally bringing light

Hmm really gets the ol noggin a bobin.

>alien planet
>have just seen two guys explode into aliens
>nah let me go wash off in this alien water all by myself with an alien roaming around

>creatures that spread by microscopic airborne spores and are dangerous from the moment of birth are the imperfect version of creatures with a convoluted reproduction cycle involving three species and a vulnerable infant stage

literally a perfect organism

>weird robot that just got mad at you for shooting his pet alium tells you to come take a look at his eggs
>okey dokey I mean you said they're safe and all

The Prometheus movies only share continuity with the first Alien movie, and the android in that one was conveniently killed by humans before he had a chance to be killed by the alien.

David explicitly states that the xenomorphs are basically a secondary effect of the black goo, their purpose being to wipe out whatever large animals remain alive after the bombs destroy the bulk of the population. This actually makes the xenomorph creature make a lot more sense. It was never intended to wipe out civilizations itself, but rather just clean up stragglers after a carpet bombing.

It is completely terrible. Probably put the Alien franchise to bed.

Why do they have to insist to make it a horror film and not something with substance? Fucking terrible.

The only thing was interesting is why David nuked the engineers on accident?

CGI was total shit as well.

>Hyperadvanced space god civilization creates Xenomorph army, can forge whole worlds to their design
>Has no way of controlling them/"making them sympathetic"

>Some random android from the equivalent of Space Somalia in terms of relative development, having just begun interstellar travel
>Makes pets out of the Xenomorphs in a cave, with a box of scraps

>that part when David raises his hands and the little newborn minime alien does the same
This was an unintentional horror comedy.

>Was it ever explained how the fuck David controlled the fucking xenos?
He fed them wheat

>SPACE SOMALIA

i dont think the engineers wanted to breed the xenos like dogs.
the black goo super weapon pretty much only existed for fucking shit up and with that it suceeded, so why bother to tinker around any further.

>Create a doomsday weapon
>Don't bother installing a safeguard that protects you from its effects, even though it's shown to be possible.

This was kind of "eh" in Prometheus, where they already seemed to be pretty shit at controlling their weapon, which begged the question "Why not just send some nukes?", but now that there is concrete evidence that a single robot could do the shit that somehow who knows how many of their expert scientists didn't manage to do? That's just bullshit.

Literally peed like with baywatch

best explaination is probably this one

this. i know quinoa

>suddenly kungfu fighting robots throwing each other around like it's the matrix
what am I watching

I FUCKING TOLD YOU LAWRENCE OF ARABIA WAS BEHIND IT ALL, DIDN'T I

WHERE'S THE FUCKING STICKY?

why is Fassbender so damn handsome as David?
He's literally the perfect male

too bad he's constantly getting BLACKED irl

He's German-Irish, go figure.

>Was it ever explained
nigger nothing is explained

FEAR ME

Does he want to get JUSTed like Deniro?

J-just wait for the next movie!

I like how they refused to bring flamethrowers/weapons in prometheus, because it was a science exploration. That was a great plot device, and how they literally managed to get lost, just 10/10

quite possibly the stupidest movie I've ever seen. everything about it was retarded and all the characters had an IQ under 90.

whoever wrote this pile of shit is probably as dumb as his characters.

Capeshit has ruined the industry

>somalia is a mix of human and aids
>humans are a mix of superhuman and black aids

We really are spaceniggers

The queen is a James Cameron invention.

David is a robot. The aliens can't eat him.

>no helmets

He did not because he attack biologic organism and he was modern R2D2

yet Ridley put her on the mural

THE DUMBEST PEOPLE IN THE UNIVERSE KEEP FINDING THESE ALIENS

Where does the queen fit into all this. If it's a queen type reproduction system like ants and bees then the queen should be born first, not the facehuggers

That's just a drone though, I think you're mistaking the decorative features for the larger head, which also shouldn't be that smooth. Aside from the torso belonging to a drone.

Ridley made a mess out of it anyway, the Chestburster should be first.

david will make it with the covenant chick's reproductive organs

not if the queen would be specifically be designed by david.

>it all began because of a rogue robot
Just give the series to Japan

not a queen dummy

Many of the characters are shit and the story is often nonsensical but I enjoyed both of the new Alien movies just because of Fassbender. I would watch a third as long as he was the main character.

That looks nothing like a queen, it's just a standard xeno drone looking down.

The queen doesn't exist in this continuity. The aliens, whether created by David or by the Engineers, don't seem to have a reproductive capacity of their own at all. I think the idea is that they are designed to do their job and then die off so the Engineers can move in and start terraforming or whatever it is they do.

fassbender, while being the only one who can act and does it well, his character david is the fucking worst thing about these movies
>every question you have about the aliens is answer by lol david did it

They are though, what do you think perfect means? They're a good weapon but a shit lifeform, it can't procreate at all, just kill or mutate other lifeforms, the Xenos can.

i think so

Still doesn't make sense since engineers didn't create the xeno, only the pathogen. Also get glasses you blind niggers, it's clearly a queen.

Ridley Scott directs Alien, executives tell the script writer that they want an android in the movie, it's sci-fi after all.

>Ridley Scott retcons this android into being the creator of the aliens...

Ridley Scott directs Blade Runner

>Ridley Scott retcons Deckard into being a replicant the second he gets a chance (directors cut), and probably has made sure this will be the case in the upcoming Blade Runner 2049

Can he just stop fucking things up ?

not the xenomorph, not the queen. It's the deacon

Didn't stop the Queen from tearing Bishop apart.

>engineers didn't create the xeno, only the pathogen
You think they never deployed the weapon before? They clearly did, because they carved an image of it on the fucking wall.

>it's clearly a queen.
Why doesn't it have spikes, or a queen's head shape then?

not canon

in your head maybe, Fox will make canon whatever makes them money and if they need to put the Queen in the next they will and Ridly can whine all he wants

>covenant = trash
>ridley = hack
there should be no more discussion required

>executives tell the script writer that they want an android in the movie, it's sci-fi after all
Honestly Ash is one of my favorite parts of the original, I always find the scene where he tries to kill Ripley and gets dismantled scarier than any Xeno scene. Plus, it's a neat explanation for why they broke the quarantine procedures. Execs did something right for once.

When he got directly in its way, like a wall or some piece of furniture.

Actually, Fox endorsed game Alien: Isolation only uses the original Alien as basis and featured no Queen. How the eggs were produced is left ambiguous like the original movie but a deleted scene from the film suggests humans being transformed into the eggs in the nest.

Where are the T-Rex arms on it's chest, then?

>Fox will make canon whatever makes them money

Yeah, it's already been made clear that there will be no more sequels for Ridley, Covenant made no money at all and was quickly ushered out on Bluray and vod in the hopes of getting any kind of profit.

There will be some sort of reboot, probably avoiding any 'lore' as much as possible, then if successful, a sequel will flesh out a new story behind the aliens.

shut up you stupid fuck
>A mural of a fully-grown Xenomorph, resembling a Drone, can be seen on the wall of the Engineer Temple on LV-223, indicating that the Xenomorphs already exist by the time of Prometheus. However, the creature in the mural also seemingly possesses qualities of the Deacon, such as in its arms, which lack the biomechanical motifs of the traditional Xenomorph and instead are smoother and more biological in nature.

avp.wikia.com/wiki/Deacon#Deacon.2FXenomorph

God I just can't get over how awful Covenant was.

>Ignoring the last xenomorph attaching the screen with David's face on.
Pleb, please.

All you faggots need glasses. Seriously.

youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA

Why the fuck didn't they have suits?
I mean even if you know you can breathe the air doesn't mean it's safe to do so.

I was in utter shock of how stupid the characters were in this. How did they top the idiocy of Prometheus?

Also the creature effects were fucking atrocious.

DUDE WHEAT LMAO

If you can't work it out for yourself you don't deserve to understand these movies.

Kinda cute.

Someone make a you gonna carry that wheat meme

kill yourself

no, thats a field of wheat ya fuckin dingus. quinoa doesn't grow like that.

OUTTA MY WAY RIDLEY FUCKING SHIT

So this meme was about the stupid people here thinking xenos grew the wheat?

Imagine what sex with that thing would be like. Better than any woman.

probably less painful too

no one thought that dummy

>James Cameron faced a big problem trying to win the confidence and respect of the British crew, many of whom had worked on Alien and were fiercely loyal to Ridley Scott. In order to try and convince them he had the talent and skills for the job he arranged a screening of The Terminator for the crew on the set, to demonstrate his abilities. However, most of the crew ignored the invite and didn’t bother to turn up.
>The crew was openly hostile to both James Cameron and Gale Anne Hurd, whom they openly mocked by claiming she wasn’t the real producer and only got the credit because she was married to Cameron.
Ungrateful cunts.

It was about making fun of the first trailer that played the wheat scene like it was a big, serious "whoa, no way" moment, complete with ominous music.

Nah. It's just the regular 'force a meme out of anything new'