Be me

>be me
>in the work force since 14 years old.
>always shit jobs, landscaping, dishwasher, server, construction paying 10/hour
>taught self how to code and build websites
>traveled around a bit, taking seasonal jobs, living on ramen noodles and water for a few years
>a couple set backs like when my house was broken into and all my stuff, including my main mode of transportation was stolen
>spend a year hitch-hicking to get to work
>end up moving to Utah
>get job coding for an ecommerce store.
>making 5k a month as a 10-99
>cost of living is high as fuck
>paying 1200/month for a 660 sq ft condo and 100 for storage because theres no space in the apartment
>every month, money goes to rent, car insurance $125, car payments 275, health insurance 150 and food $800 and gas $300.
>spend a bit here and there on clothes and restaurants $250
>have to pay of 10k in taxes, effectively reducing my income to 4k a month
>4k - 1200 - 100 - 125 --275 -150 -800 - 300 - 250

leaves me with $800 in savings at the end of the month if i live frugal, dont go out, dont participate in hobbies or sports and stare at the fucking wall until its time to go back to work again

The IRS gets more money every-month than I can save.

Do you think this is acceptable, because to me, I just dont know why the fuck I get up in the morning and not just getting stoned and living off the governments NEET bux

Other urls found in this thread:

valuepenguin.com/best-cheap-car-insurance-utah
walmart.com/ip/Bumble-Bee-Prime-Fillet-Albacore-Tuna-with-Jalapenos-Olive-Oil-5-oz/20854278
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I fell for the American dream scam

Don't worry guv, I fell for it too. :(

Earning €5000 in Belgium is €2400 after taxes.

Don't complain about America's income tax.
Thank you.

fucking wage cucks

whats your solution

>and stare at the fucking wall until its time to go back to work again

This is why you are a bad goy
Just watch TV

OP, I'm curious about what kind of car you drive:
$125 a month in insurance? $300 in gas?
And monthly payments of $275?

Why not buy a 2nd hand car?
You're clearly living above your means (when it comes to the car).

I just dont understand how I'm supposed to marry and have kids when its clear ill never be able to afford it and Id be better off doing like they do in the 'hood by popping out babies for them welfare checks.

What the fuck is the point of it all when you have so many millions of people bleeding the beast as a philosophy and way of life

it is a second hand POS ford f150 if you must ask.

I needed it because when i first moved here i didnt know the area and moved into a cheap room way the fuck up the side of a mountain and needed 4wd

Its just about paid off though, so atleast in a couple of months ill be free of that.

I think you're being dishonest.

>paying 1200/month for a 660 sq ft condo and 100 for storage because theres no space in the apartment

vs

>I needed it because when i first moved here i didnt know the area and moved into a cheap room way the fuck up the side of a mountain and needed 4wd

Which is it?
And why are you lying on the internet?

sell the car, buy a used piece of shit for 1-2 thousand bucks, hell, I've helped friends get $500 pieces of shit up and running, spend less money on food... $100 a week should be plenty, find a cheaper apartment... why the hell does a 660 sq ft apartment cost 1200/month in utah? Get some roommates, it is usually way cheaper to find 3 other people and rent a proper house.

Also I don't believe a "POS Ford F150" would be $125 a month in insurance.

I lived here for two years.

I had to move from the mountains and closer to town after the Mormon Culture got too thick

outside of town rent is much cheaper, in town, its absurdly high. I sacrificed cheap rent to get away from the cultists, so what.

So you moved closer to your job?

Then why is your gas bill $300?

> food $800

What the fuck ?

You aren't really insuring yourself when you drive a POS, you are insuring the other guy with a new BMW in case you hit him.

Taxes are why I'm poor.
t. Americans who can't control their spending.

Every single working male is pretty much in the same situation as you OP. Work to live and get by. Meanwhile i have a sister who is 42 years old and literally has never held a job. She shat out a kid, so now she fucks around on welfare all day while I'm busting ass getting up at 5:30 every day.

I call BS.
valuepenguin.com/best-cheap-car-insurance-utah

According to this list, the MOST expensive car insurance you can get is still cheaper than what he's paying for his "POS 2nd hand car".

(OP)
Please tell me how a guy alone can spend 800$ for food per month

How the fuck do you spend $800 a month on food?

>Lower class scum without college
>Complaining
Fuck off, bitch. Go and sell your bum and do blowjobs for truck drivers. You were born in the greatest country in the Earth and were too stupid to get an education.

your income has nothing to do with taxes

I have three jobs and only make approximately $1600 a month

800/30 = 26.67$ day
About $5 more than what I spend a day, but I'm buying protein powder n other shit too.

Lol, do you not know how expensive college is here? If you don't have parents to basically help out you're pretty fucked.

I was just gonna say... What the fuck are you doing spending 800$ a month on food you fat fuck

Also
>300$ a month in gas
Jesus fucking christ

How can you be so heartless? How is Shaniqua and her 8 crack babies supposed to feed themselves?

Entitled white privileged prick.

27$ a day is a lot for 1 person.
I bet op doesn't cook and just eats out every day or some shit.

dont know how you're this big of an issue with this

You must be a huge liability with a terrible car.

That image makes me laugh

Be grateful you don't live in california, you'd be dead. They suck it harder than Utah.

You have two choices, either be a welfare goy, or keep trying to get out of that ditch your in.

I would move away if i were you though desu, if the cost of living is high.

my record was spotless for 7 years and I drive a 2002 ford f150

I also had a cheap commuter motorcycle until some beaner failed to yield, jumped into my lane, hit my head on and sent me to the ER

Ok.
>Get a cheaper car with better gas mileage.
>Learn to cook at home.
You could save an extra 500-1000 a month.

its high because I'm still making payments on it

Switching to GEICO could save you 15% or more.

my truck is already cheap. Its pretty much as cheap as it gets while still being somewhat reliable.

Utah is the last fucking place you want to be driving an unreliable vehicle

I spend around 400 each month on food and eat out more than half a week. Stop ordering the god damn caviar.

I mean shit, at most I spend 14-16 a day on food, which is normally a lot of food that holds me over well into the next day.

Wait, I found the problem, fat people pay more for food because they eat more food. Goddamn fat people.

thats like 7$ a fucking meal

Thats a fuck ton of ramen noodles and water

Join the army and get a free college. This is simple, you're just too dumb to think.

No that's bullshit.

The feds need to fuck off with their fucking taxes and shit.

What the fuck?? How?

Are you even trying to use write offs?

And how the shit are you paying $800 for food? I spend like 400 to 500 maybe for both my wife and I and thats like, cooking decent meals. Not even ramen. I think thats even a high estimate.

What a very Russian response

I will say though that most tax is total bullshit.

What are you doing with the 800? You could actually invest that pretty nicely. Thats more than I have presently at the end of the month and I still put quite a bit in my brokerage.

You're paying fucking 400$/month for it what the fuck? Is that considered cheap in the US?
But if you can't switch cars seriously just spend less on food by cooking because I honestly can't imagine how you are spending 800$ on food unless you order food too often or something.

OP is a woe spreading liar.

I barely spend 250 $ per month, and I eat pretty well (in quantity and quality).

10k truck
3 year loan
what is it you people don't understand about white communities with extraordinary high costs of living

>buy cheapest rice, pasta, chicken breast, rice crackers, milk water, basic sauces, fruits and vegetables, rice crackers, cottage cheese
>you are now living a healthy life (quite abnormal for you burgerfarters, i know) and you are also saving a shit ton of money.

You spend a lot on food but in reality 5k isn't a lot. You're 1099, take advantage of it and start writing shit off to get your taxes lower.

You need to figure it out now before 3 years goes by and you're fucked.

Jesus. Why not just move to India?

In fact that's not even 250$, more like 200$ (and i'm still using a big margin)
This month I spent 150 € in food

>milk water
The fuck is that?

I already have PTSD, nice try. We have tons of homeless vets here.

Taxes are theft.

Learn how to budget your money. $800 for food is ridiculous

>Is that considered cheap in the US?

Considering 400 a month for 72 months means your car at most cost right around 25k, and 25k doesnt even buy a used fully loaded Honda Civic I would say that is below average when talking about cars

So go to a doctor then. What is your problem? Have you ever served?

You should have done good in school and gone to university, or learned a trade. Why did you expect to make good money being a codemonkey

So much this.

Food costs vary by state and even county, if you are in a high tax state and live in a high tax county, tax on food alone could be 100+ dollars a month. Just in sales tax.

My wifes sister is a vegetarian and refuses to eat anything that isnt certified organic and she has said a few times she spends almost 2k a month on food.

Ever go to Wholefoods? You can spend $120 on a single dinner pretty easily if you dont pay attention.

Hell, normal every day ground sirloin is $14 a pound in Chicago. I had a BBQ at my house last weekend and enough beef, buns, hotdogs, etc to feed 10 people was almost $300

>I already have PTSD, nice try
huh?

>going to university in the US
the leaf is back at it again bro.

maybe two words with a missing comma?
or like evaporated milk for some reason

>go see a doctor

You really don't understand American economics, do you? I also have scoliosis and a rotated sacrum which can't be fixed without surgery, which my insurance won't pay for.

>or learnt a trade

tell that to 8/10 of my peers who graduated with a mountain of debt to find their jobs extinct and had to resort to landscaping and farming, the kind of shit i was doing when i was 14.

The same people who used to chastise me for working like a mexican and now tell me I should get outside more and like totally "free my mind" because their labor jobs makes them enlightened all the sudden

>800/30 = 26.67$ day
kek, I spend $40-50 weekly and that's for both me and the wife. And we eat pretty damn well, quality and quantity-wise.

Make it $70 if we go eat out once a week, that's still $35 per person per week, or rounding up $150 per month. OP doesn't know what the fuck is he doing.

I live in an all white resort town and its not that expensive.

Ive also only ever bought one vehicle that cost more then 3k, and the only one ive gotten rid off because of problems was the second most expensive.

13k 2005 chevy tracker: bought semi used, daily driver since 2008, only replace a wheel bearing every other year about

$7000 2002 Pontiac: gone after 4 years, electric bullshit

$800 1991 F150: shitbox but runs fine, abuse the piss out of it even

$3100 2001 Mini Cooper: wifes new daily driver, needs small stuff but drives fine
People have misconceptions about 'reliable cars'. Ive actually come to prefer an older vehicle. Theres less shit to break (like tpms garbage) and anything that was going to break already has.

These foreigners don't understand basic US economics

posttraumatic stress disorder
Poor leaf is too stupid to know what the acronym stands for

>kek, I spend $40-50 weekly and that's for both me and the wife. And we eat pretty damn well, quality and quantity-wise.

And I call you a liar. $50 a week, on 2 people, is at best Aldi tier label-less can foods filled with tons of imported rice and next to zero meat.

You either have no idea what your wife spends on food or you are just flat out making shit up.

>$800 in food per month
Here's where you should be looking to save, fat cunt

so you learned valuable lessons on frugality living the cheap life and then conveniently forgot them when you got a higher paying job? nigger I call bullshit, I can easily live off of $50 a week for food or $200 a month, my rent is $330 with a roomate in a 2bed2bath, utilities are out the ass, oh and internet, and I ride a fucking bike, oh and I forgot I live in california the most expensive state in the union fuck face, and I make it off of $600 or so a month and stash around $2000, I plan on retiring at 40 if you must ask why I am putting away so much, so you either A: a dipshit, or B: choosing to live like a elite when you are making barely above median.

from what?

I am spending around what he is, i do all the budgeting and cooking. We have from-scratch dinners, salads, and if I portion right that includes enough for me to take to work for my 2 day shift and for her to have work lunches. And shes vegetarian which is expensive.

Gotta buy in bulk dude.

Yes because you are poor, high taxes on the poor just pushes you to make more money so it taxed less.
Also anything and everything that could happen to you is YOUR responsibility. Get shot? Should of had a bullet proof vest. Get robbed? Should have lived in a nicer neighborhood. Get food poisoning? Should have bought better food.

I really wonder ever day how easy it actually is for nigs to live off welfare.
how much do they actually get?

Does Utah have bullshit like local and state income taxes? Nevada doesn't have that shit I think, maybe you could move there and work remotely?

Actually, lets break that down a bit more

$50 a week. 2 people
25$ a week per person
$3.57 per day, per person
$1.19 per meal, per person, per day

And that right there puts you solidly into the same category as substance farmers in rural Mexico as far as food cost.

The only way that is even remotely possible is if you are eating something like pasta and meatless sauce 2 meals a day 6 days a week.

A box of pasta is right around 7-8 dollars. You would need to use 7 meals worth of money to buy a box of uncooked pasta. Now see how unrealistic that is?

see

Per person you get right around 250 dollars in food stamps per month. If you have kids they also get 250 a month and an extra 150 a month from programs like WIC

Sup Forums is pretending to eat on 1/2 of less money than people who are a step above being homeless. That should tell you something right there

where is a box of pasta 7-8 dollars? in what mcfuckingshithole do you live? i must know? I live in nor-cal and 1 lb bags spaghetti are regularly 4-5 for 1 fucking dollar at foodsource nigger, on top of that you can find deal of the day chicken thighs for 59-69 cents a pound at the same place, I just stock up and freeze it for the month, I've gotten really good at eating a lot of chicken, but my total monthly food costs have stayed super low so who the fuck am I to complain.

Subhumans (niggers and mexicans) make more than you while sitting on their asses and drive nice expensive cars.

t. jealous

Oh, I forgot to mention, those numbers arent pure food numbers either because they include sales tax. So for an example in Chicago, which is Cook County IL, you can subtract 13.25% of value from that food. Meaning you are actually only getting $1.03 worth of food per person, per meal

>800$ a month for food
>living frugal

user...

holy fuck man, you spend way too much.

I live in a 4 bedroom house with 3 friends, runs $2400 total. don't own a car because its a waste of money, I just bike to work/bus. I have pretty killer health insurance, runs roughly $300/month. don't eat out often, make all my own food (my dogs eats rice, chicken, etc as well, not store bought 'dog food'), spend no more than $100/month including both dogs. also have a couple small gardens for various peppers. hobbies mostly include cycling, rock climbing, hiking, etc. rarely costs more than $100/month total.

all in all it's rare for me to spend more than $1100/month (not counting investing), and this is in an expensive part of Seattle. I guess I just grew up poor as fuck, so don't have very expensive tastes and learned to get by.

the easiest way to get rich is not by doing a single incredible thing, but rather by making a bunch of small-scale changes and applying them to a large time period. basically, identify the merchant, and make an effort to avoid (((them))).

Chicago Illinois. I dont even shop at the big box stores or my numbers would be very off. Last time I went to a Super Target a gallon of milk was almost 9.50. At my little local store its I want to say 6.75.

BTW, I dont know what to tell you on the chicken thing. Ive never in my life seen chicken anywhere near that cheap. Even going to one of the Mexican stores in the hood, a dam chicken foot is almost 2 dollars. Chicken feet, with no meat on them at all, are almost 2 dollars per foot

Not that it means anything to someone on Sup Forums, but I will take pictures tomorrow when I go shopping. A pound of Boars Head roast beef is I want to say $16-$17, which makes maybe 4 sandwhiches

Forgot to mention, pic is a box of Cereal in the UK

You get 4K a month AFTER taxes and you're bitching? Fucking kys. 800 for food? Yeah I'm mad.

>I had to move from the mountains and closer to town after the Mormon Culture got too thick
DUMBEST POST ON Sup Forums

I'll take some pictures too man I ain't making this shit up, but yeah thats crazy, I believe you about chicago, honestly I would just get the fuck out of their, where I live its pretty chill and red-pilled beautiful women lots of sun, cheap rent, not a lot of good jobs though, but yeah I take one and upload it right now.

20 lbs bag of rice $20 at Chinese grocery, that lasts us at least 2 months
1 lb pasta $.50, has a lower yield per buck than rice, but we use it as the main carb once or twice a week
1 dozen eggs $1.00-1.25
1 lb meat, good cuts, $3-4 per, look for deals, buy bulk, freeze, put in a stew when needed
1 gal milk $3, lasts us way over a week
1 lb veg and fruit $1 on average, probably the bulk of our weekly expense because we're not skipping on that
1 can tuna $.65
2 lb box oat cereal $2.50, again good for about 2 weeks

And that's just few examples. Learn to fucking budget and shop smart.

See

Bullshit. I was just living there 3 months ago. Its easy as all hell

>Talking shit about Aldi's
The food there is great m8

>1 can tuna $.65

walmart.com/ip/Bumble-Bee-Prime-Fillet-Albacore-Tuna-with-Jalapenos-Olive-Oil-5-oz/20854278

Yea, like I said, you are shopping at one of the stores like Aldi where half their cans dont even have labels on them anymore.

$1 a pound for fruit? Any fruit? lol, not even at a farmers market held outside of a fruit farm.

$1 a pound of vegetables? If you would like to know how unrealistic that is the US government pays farmers $3 per pound of a harvest to NOT plant corn. On what earth is something sold for 1/3 the cost of not producing anything at all?

You would need to live in the lowest COL state in the US, buying only left over produce from a local ethnic store, and even then, you cant make it near your prices.

>And we eat pretty damn well, quality and quantity-wise.

lol

Aldi is pretty much the store that defines exactly what Sup Forums hates. Only Mexicans and niggers shop there. Its run by autistic monkeys, and it sells the cheapest knock off brand food you can find 4 days away from expiration.

If you shop at Aldi you are basically the person everyone on this board wishes would die painfully in a fire

op is a spoiled faggot. who spends 800 a month on food JUST FOR THEMSELVES. Do you eat gold, OP, or just suck at shopping?

I've gone there for a while now since it's a good deal less expensive than the other places around me, and the food quality is pretty much the same, if not better.