Do these fuckers teleport or wat. what are the writes smoking...

do these fuckers teleport or wat. what are the writes smoking? Westeros is supposed to be as big as South America yet in every episode characters travel faster than light

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1501825171595.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>realizing it just now

you fucking retarded faggot, teleporting started back in season with catelyn and littlefinger teleporting all over the place while other characters actually took time to get to their destination

Assume major events are weeks apart. Remember everything is by raven, and the show is bad at timescale.

>Season has 15 episodes between 2 seasons to end
Take a wild guess.

I dont get why they feel they need to end it so quick, they could easily do 4 seasons without it feeling dragged out.

I laughed out loud at the scene where Drogon dropped Dany off and apparently neither of them noticed the massive horde of dothraki that was like 30 feet away

it was never as ridiculous as it is now... Jamie and his army had to of spent weeks at High Garden to give the Targaryen whore and her army enough time to march all the way across the continent and meet him there

This has been happening since season 1. Littlefinger has been teleporting all over Westeros for 6 seasons now

The issue being that the screenwriters make absolutely no effort to convey a passage of time. They have nonsensical sequences like Euron stargating around Westeros and when people question it Cogman can only be hyper aggressive about it on twitter.

also, Daenerys

>we have the strongest army
>we have the strongest fleet
>a pair of ships catch them off guard (??) and completely destroy them (???)

this series is a good time killer but fuck me is the writing bad

didn't they say the gold was safe in kings landing? so they had to travel from high garden to kings landing. so there is enough time for highly mobile force like dohtraki to catch up.

>Cersei lays out that this is all happening within a fortnight
>the same guys who wrote this exact line tell you to just assume that months are happening between these scenes
>doesn't explain at all how entire armies are able to dart around the entire continent and overtake each other by surprise

You realize that episodes are not real time and time can pass between episodes. Right?

>PICKLE RICK IS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT!!

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1501825171595.webm

hey guys, remember the battle of blackwater bay? you know, with several episodes leading up to it. building tension and all. with people inside kings landing slowly loosing their shit? not to mention the battle lasted a whole episode.

good times eh?

Cersei sent Jamie away the same day she met the banker.
She told him that she would pay her debts in a fortnight, i.e. 14 days.
So Jamie marches his foot troops all across Westeros, lays siege to Highgarden, successfuly takes it and is on his way back all in less than 2 weeks?

last season theon and asha went to mereen from iron islands with 100 ships in 2 episodes, it takes victarion weeks to get there and he loses a big part of his 90 ship fleet

littlefingers teleportation only gotten worse as the series progressed and then varys joined him too

>doesn't explain at all how entire armies are able to dart around the entire continent and overtake each other by surprise

this is the best part of this season yet

honestly not sure why HBO is so eager to shit the bed and kill their most popular hit series.

They have more than enough material to extend the plot over another 4-6 seasons at least, but they seem determined to clusterfuck rush it within 2 shortened seasons.

>Being such a literal retard that you need to have timestamps one every scene to get what's happening

Cogman is right, you people are fucking idiots.

this. they inserted so much useless shit into previous and now they cant finish it fast enough.

probably they want the spinoffs to start as soon as possible.

Euron's fleet is naturally gonna be faster than slaver ships. And Casterly Rock's the only time an army's been clearly overtaken.

Actually, there's nothing to indicate that Jaime left the same day the banker arrived. So that's bullshit.

>this. they inserted so much useless shit into previous and now they cant finish it fast enough.
Kinda sounds like you're just a bunch of pricks that'll never be satisfied with any approach the show takes

not really, there's been a decent amount of stupid filler while entire plotlines and characters from the books are completely cut out.

I'd have been happy if they stayed more faithful to the books and crammed more characters/plot in per season while not completely rushing it like they've been doing for the last 2 seasons.

>one every scene

time is convoluted user

t. Cogman
You're the retard if you can't comprehend such a basic film making concept. You can portray the passage of time through visuals you complete and utter mongoloid.
If you have characters wearing the exact same costume, standing in the exact same room, at the same time of day, of course your audience is going to assume not much time has passed. Especially if there isn't even a hint of dialogue. You can't just blow up like a manchild on twitter when your shit screenwriting catches up to you. Is that too hard for you to understand? No, of course it is.

Dany getting her forces onto a boat, past King's Landing, and deep inland to somehow hit the tail end of the Lannister force seems like an asspull

>not really, there's been a decent amount of stupid filler while entire plotlines and characters from the books are completely cut out.
Pretty much all the plotlines they cut from the books were also pointless filler. They replaced filler with filler.

Also, a faifthul adaption of Feast and Dance would have been horrible and killed the show entirely. The books aren't good, and there's a reason GRRM is having a hard time wrapping it up. Because he introduced fucking 25 POVs, most of whom are superfluous

>mfw retards think the show is linear

Except none of them are wearing the same clothes in those different scenes, you absolute retard. And how the fuck would having the scene at a different time of day make a difference, people would then just assume it's the same day but a different time, if they're all mouthbreathing faggots like you. The hint that time passed is that they travelled so far. That's all you need. Now go suck Linda's cock and then off yourself.

That scene wasn't written by Cogman tho. And didn't even make into the episode in that way...

hahahaha. can't wait to see you defend this horseshit when a raven flies to Dragonstone from Winterfell and Dany flies to help Jon, in the space of minutes

Someone with better knowlede of medieval battles than me please answer:

Does it make any sense that shirtless soldiers with no shields can beat a infantary of soldiers wearing heavy armor and big shields? I believed that the dothraki would all die as soon as they hit the shield wall, at least without Danny breaching it first

>Jamie and his army had to of spent weeks at High Garden

It's implied that they did. At the beginning of the episode they load gold onto carriages, and by the end they say that the gold has reached king's landing. So basically enough time elapsed for their horses to go all the way to king's landing, which gives Dany enough time to reach them.

My question is where the fuck did they land, and with what ships did they get there?

Except, you don't need to land near King's Landing...look at the map

no they even went over this with Jorah in season 1

I won't search for it but, wasn't the sex scene where the girl caught Cersei and Jaime on the bed the same day as the banker arrived?

They presumably didn't send every single ship off to the other side of the continent.

They had an extreme numbers advantage, and irl the Golden Horde did fight medieval European armies and win.

whoever is holding Storm's End should have sent a raven about a Dothraki horde

Instead of whining like a bitch and saying "wtf fucking TELEPORTING" over and over can someone provide some evidence of events where it was literally impossible for these characters to be in certain places where it couldn't just be explained that there was a long time gap in between scenes?

I have no problem with the time jumping but they are doing a shitty job of it. There are ways to signal time passing to the audience so it's not so jarring and you don't feel like everyone is teleporting around Westeros. Even a couple of black seconds and a fade in to the new scene, or an establishing shot, musical cue. Anything really, so you're not saying to yourself "oh, I guess they're across the ocean now" while the scene is rolling.

Without the dragon, the Lannisters would have lost a much closer battle. If the whole Lannister army met the Dothrakis on that field, they would have won because spears/pikes in formation > horses

explain to me how another fucking targaryen being alive and invading westeros before dragon bitch does is filler?

And lady stoneheart is also filler? I've never read the books but just from browsing GOT threads I've gotten a general idea of what they've cut out and while I agree the show doesn't need to include all the autistic details GRRM does, they've been rushing it waaaaaayyyyyyy too fast these last few seasons despite already cutting a bunch of important stuff.

I mean come on for fuck's sake look how they treated Stannis. Ser 20 goodmen destroys his camp, suddenly his army deserts him and decides to join his enemies and his final "battle" is just an aerial shot of his army being swamped by cavalry, and then he gets beheaded offscreen by brienne

It's fucking garbage

Nothing in the episode indicates that

They can't. They're just a bunch of r/asoiaf westeros.org book purist rejects. They're probably the kind of idiots who watch The Dragon Demands on youtube

ok but will they fuck?

They also had armor you retard and barely civlized Ruskies don't really count as a well armed Lannister company

Fake Aegon is filler because he's obviously just a big red herring. That's why he's not included in the show, GRRM told D&D the ending and they're working with that outline. If Aegon isn't even mentioned, then he ultimately probably doesn't matter. Lady Stoneheart is huge though, really disappointed with how that turned out.

>I mean come on for fuck's sake look how they treated Stannis. Ser 20 goodmen destroys his camp, suddenly his army deserts him and decides to join his enemies and his final "battle" is just an aerial shot of his army being swamped by cavalry, and then he gets beheaded offscreen by brienne

In the books he apparently was killed already. Ramsey writes a letter to John bragging about killing Stannis.

>explain to me how another fucking targaryen being alive and invading westeros before dragon bitch does is filler?
Because he's very very clearly a stalling tactic. He's hijacked Dany's arc.

Lady Stoneheart has done absolute fuck all for 3 books now, other than kidnap Brienne. Who, guess what, also doesn't matter that much.

They're ramping up the pace because they actually want to finish this thing, unlike GRRM, who can fuck around with terrible character development for another 3 books before he dies.

Oh , Ser 20 Goodmen meme. So you are an r/asoiaf autist after all. Please kill yourself.

>Lady Stoneheart is huge though, really disappointed with how that turned out.
How? How is it huge? For all we know Jaime could just cut her head off next book and that would be that. Otherwise it's been three books and she's done practically nothing

She's going to be behind Red Wedding 2.0 not Arya

>Still caring about Stannis after he roasts his daughter

Or maybe she won't. Maybe she'll just get kicked into a river again. In the meantime, she got a lot of hype and pretty much nothing. Just a cheap shocking twist to round out ASOS.

I just searched it just for (you), the girl said "The visitor from bravos arrived." Is that a good indication?

Some people just don't get it. If the books or show were even remotely accurate about travel times than nobody would ever meet. I mean, how the fuck do Tyrion and Catelyn meet at that Inn at the same time? Makes no sense, but you gotta have a story. Books are riddled with that but of course it's fine when GRRM does it. Tyrion and Jorah in Volantis, Bran and Jon at the Gift etc etc

the fact that he does this is in the show is one of the ways the showrunners fucked him up

Martell>Lanister>Stark>Targaryen>Greyjoy>rest

Prove me wrong

Nothing in this garbage show makes any sense. The only reason to watch is because our lives are empty and the black girl's body is 10/10

The Golden Horde wasn't a bunch of half naked retards though. It was an extremely well drilled army with stellar leadership and tactics. Mongols were exceptional when it came to warfare.

Martells are literal shit. Oberyon is ok but besides that they can all fuck off. Muh waiting. Muh sneks. Muh ugly prince. Muh darkstar. Fuck Dorne.

It's just shit writing. It would take at least a month (wall is 100 leagues, distance on map is about 145 leages = ~500 miles at 15 miles a day) to march an army from casterly rock to high garden. So it could only make sense if they set this in motion coincidentally before the banker arrives and Jaime travelled lightly on horse with a very small group to meet with up with the army.

The fact that Jaime didn't head his army to a hill makes it a stupid decision, the strenght of a horde is in how fast horses are.
But Dothrakis will still have the upper hand in that situation.

>Watching this shitshow for the black girl

>black girl's body is 10/10
She doesn't even have the best body on the show, much less coming anywhere close to 10/10

Only kingdom to resist the Targeryan conquest, and kill a dragon

what pisses me off is they could easily just change some things around and added like 3 or 4 lines of dialogue and everything could've made sense

They do not teleport

they bend space and simply march to that location

think of how in Gao Gai Gar the Dividing driver creates 3 mile wide combat zone yet the city is fine because it is tucked in that folded space.

That is what they are doing. Little finger perfected it and it slowly has been spreading ever since.

Now if you want to know who is going to live and die simply look at who bends space at the beginning of a scene. That person will live

Well, GRMM didn't have time to flesh out the Interstate Commuter Network for the setting. After all, he was busy creating a realistic tax and financial model for Westeros.

Golden Horde was relevant before mass-produced plate armor. Lannister army as shown is post-medieval. The Golden armor also weren't half naked savages.

Because they live in a shithole no one wants to live in.

No they couldn't. No matter what they said people would shit on it. People here and in other book purist corners were every bit as negative about all the other seasons too, except Season 1

15 miles a day...is this a joke? That's only 3 hours of marching you fucking rube.

>do these fuckers teleport
Lannisters said the front of the wagon train was already at Kings landing!

The worst thing about the fight to me was how useless they made the Lannister armor look. I can accept the dragons making it an easy victory, but they don't have to show gushes and sprays of blood as soon as a Dothraki makes any kind of contact with someone. That was total bullshit. Those arakhs should be useless against armor, just like they were in season 1.

They have to set up camp in the evening, and deconstruct it in the morning, they have shit to wear, weather is not always perfect, and more importantly the animals that carry the baggage train limit everything. Look up 15 marching speeds of medieval armies, they were slow as fuck.

A FINGER IN THE BUM?

Look again. Every time you see a gush of blood they've cut their throat. They're not piercing armor.

>They have to set up camp in the evening, and deconstruct it in the morning, they have shit to wear, weather is not always perfect, and more importantly the animals that carry the baggage train limit everything. Look up 15 marching speeds of medieval armies, they were slow as fuck.
15 miles a day for Peasant armies maybe. These are battle hardened and essentially professional troops.

I did notice that a few times, and I hated it, too. It's super unrealistic to have every soldier making throat cuts without effort.

That's just par for the course for fantasy fiction though.

The Golden Horde was pretty much on par with most of their enemies, including Eastern Europeans.

The idea that the Mongols were primitive barbarians is a meme, they were well armoured and equipped.

What do you mean you hated it "too". There's literally no example of what you described, Dothraki stabbing people through armor. And why would they show you shots of Dothraki FAILING to kill people?

is nobody using scouts on this continent?

literally every single fight this season has been a "totally unexpected" ambush

You dont know how many days pass between each episode you fucking autistic faggot

...that's literally every fight in the series. Name a single one that didn't have an ambush element

They literally just expanded the main actors wages from 300 thousand an episode to 1.1 million and you're wondering why they're in a rush to kill the series ASAP despite its popularity?

Maybe, just maybe, the passage of time varies both within and between episodes depending how it suits the pace of the story. Ever think of that, shitdick?

Did you missed the part where dany burnt some guys and made a literal passageway where the horses entered in line? How dumb are you?

Also it has been said a million times that only a fool would meet the dothraki in open field.

>13 Hours
>Rushed

Autism. Pure book faggot autism.

Because the screenwriting and directing is so trash. Are you telling me Kelly C has been wearing the same outfit for a year?

That diversion army that attacked Tywin's army. They were just a diversion, but at least they weren't trying to ambush anyone.

Autists will never enjoy this hackery so here are some devices to use to ease the pain.

>teleport Fags
Easy.... Bran's WARGing coincides with the teleport plot-holes starting to be more prolific. This excessive WARGing activity is distorting spacetime so that time dialation affects certain regions on the planet allowing distances to be traveled at different paces relative to the different parties involved.

>Dragonstone Raven Fags
Allariya and Lady Tyrell prepared ravens for Daenarys prior to her arrival at Dragonstone. They provided the ravens that would make sense for the invading army to need in the war against the Cersea. Tyrells sent the Raven to Dragonstone upon arrival of the Lanister army at Highgarden before they were sacked

Days or weeks is more likely. Also she could have gotten from draginstone to the reach in a few hours flying, the dothraki would already be on their way, and the imp dropped by Uberdragon.

Except Robb used that too totally catch Jaime offguard. So it's essentially the same thing. GRRM and the show both do this all the time. Seriously, there's hardly any scenes where two groups aware of where each other are, meet and fight, and nobody comes in at the last minute.

this

>Did you missed the part where dany burnt some guys and made a literal passageway where the horses entered in line

Read the post again fag

>I've never walked in my life

Congratulations