SUICIDE SQUAD 2 ANNOUNCEMENT

The sequel will be announced the next September 2.

Other urls found in this thread:

avclub.com/article/weekend-box-office-finally-something-other-suicide-241808?
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dc2016.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel14b.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel2014a.htm
forbes.com/sites/csylt/2015/01/27/disney-reveals-guardians-of-the-galaxy-was-over-budget-at-232-million/#6972501d2f36
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

looks legit

Wait, the next September 2 or the September 2 after that?

2 septembers after the second

the sequel no one wants...............cant wait!

Yeah, the movie that just made 630 million dollars. Yep, no one wants a sequel to that. But Im using common sense, so fuck me right?

yep, the movie that just made 636 million dollars at the boxoffice, and no one wants a sequel to it. Yep, good logic there, buddy

But you guys told me it flopped hard, this makes no sense!

never listen to anyone on Sup Forums. They don't know shit. They claim they do, but they don't

don't forgot. It needed to make 1 billion domestically to break even. Why? Don't ask

Everyone was fooled into seeing it..next one will flop.

thats the dumbest thing Ive read on the internet. You sir, just won the dumbass award

Normies loved it

did you just use the word "normies"? Bro, get out more

I'm not your "bro" dude.

Fffffffuck you comblrpol!

what does comblrpol mean?

KKK who loves quirky brown transgirls.

keep an eye out on Sept 2nd

thats the most retarded thing ive ever heard.

630m and it's still a flop user. Isn't it amazing how Hollywood works?

Hold up...you faggots actually want this movie?? You cant be serious! This movie was absolute garbage. You DC fanboys must be starving to gobble down another plate of this trash franchise.

If they can manage to make it cheaper and actually have a better movie then it'll be Dceu first successful film

Will Katana be there?

Reported you for calling us faggots. I don't even like the film, but I wouldn't insult someone for enjoying it. Mostly because I have manners

Buuuuuuut Sup Forums and Sup Forums told me it needed to make 6 gorilion to even break even!

Faggot manners.

Doesn't make any sense. The film is already successful. Why would SS 2 be the first successful film? That makes no sense. Also, there dozens of DCEU films coming out before SS 2. You make no sense

You really like being reported, huh?

WHOA! I don't know if that's safe, announcing the announcement without giving us any warning!

I would rather have a TT movie desu, to bad the Go version exists so no chance of that happening and zero chance of it being any other teen titans

Noice.

I want it. I know it sounds incredibly naive at this point but I think they can learn from their mistakes.

>they can learn from their mistakes
>learn from their mistakes
>mistakes

The words echo as flashes of previous DCEU movie pass before anons eyes.

What I am worried about is that SS movies become like X-men (Wolverine/Mageneto) movies continuing to focus mainly on Deadshot and Harley and not giving other members of the team the spotlight.

That butthurt!

Newfag spotted

It's still a flop. It cost them close to 400m by the time it got to the theatre screen. They need to make UNDER 800m to actually make a profit. It's simple math user.

Reported by faggots

Not as amazing as how asspain works

It made under 800m, how is it a flop?

Where the flying fuck did you get 400 from? The budget was 175 million

Will Harley even be in the next one? Joker broke her out of prison

>400m

What does that "M" stand for? You're talking about BAJILLIONS right?

Saying "simple math" doesn't make you sound smart when you just churned out info from your ass

Keep talking, buddy

I watched it yesterday and it was not fun at all, it was dumb and not enough comicbooky

The idea is typically, take the budget, double it for marketing, ontop of that this has allegedly a lot of reshoots. I may be giving the filmakers too much credit but there's no real reason to believe they'd sink THAT much money into a flick that'd need to almost break records to make its money back with a small name franchise and under performing predecessors.

It would be great if she wasn't. I wanted Plastique, Bronze Tiger, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang to be the core team for the first one anyway. I'd settle for that line up on the second one.

He's asspained really, don't mind him. The movie is being celebrated by the director and the studio and it's triggering the hell out SJW """""""reviewers""""""" and Sup Forums mouseshills, you don't even need to look at the numbers to know it's a success

That was the film budget. Did you add the reshoots and the marketing? No, because you're a fucking retard who doesn't understand how movies are made

The words simple math aren't supposed to make me sound smart user. You must be pretty stupid to assume that

Oh my god, remind me to never get back on Sup Forums. You morons always act like box office experts. It's been reported by multiple actual box office experts like Mark Hughes, that the profit line is 600 million. I don't know why you like to lie out of your ass

No, I didn't need to. Actual experts did. The film didn't garner another 200 mill for reshoots. Also, why insult? Going to have report you on that

Don't get back on Sup Forums.
And I'm not lying I'm saying what I fucking heard, which is why I have a hard time believing the lines about how they need to make over X amount to make a profit.

2 seconds of typing out "how much it takes for suicide squad to break even"

Yikes, what a threat.

Should I believe a random guy from fucking Sup Forums, or do I believe actual experts?? That's a tough one, folks. Let's ask the audience for help

You actually believe people on Sup Forums over experts? Christ you're a retard.

You showed him

Do you not understand sarcasm?

Do you have any reading comprehension?

ass blasted mousketeer

Yes, but do you?

Clearly better comprehension than you.

Where's my harley/ivy movie

I mean, if your the same guy who thought I was serious, you need to understand the basic definition of sarcasm

Lol what? Dude, you have no argument. You keep saying the same thing. What's your beef with me about?

Literally only Snyder fags make this claim, that Sup Forums told them it flopped.

btfo disney shill

............I'm the guy defending Suicide Squad. Why would you call me a Disney shill?

But clearly since you disagree with me that the whole idea that they'd need to break some ridiculously high amount of money, you must be in agreement with the people on Sup Forums that say such making your whole attempt at sarcasm kind of fall flat on its face doesn't it?

You guys understand that a guy who invested a dollar into making the movie isn't gonna be happy when he gets that dollar back, right? They probably had to promise him he would make 2 dollars. Now that all the investors have their 2 dollars you can start to make a profit as a studio.

Honestly, after all the bombs WB have had, they're probably happy with anything that makes them a dollar

I don't agree with anyone. I also didn't disagree with you. I provided you sources, buddy. Something you are incapable of doing

Man, you really like digging yourself deeper into a hole. You have no argument. I provided sources. You didn't. I've wasted enough time on your ass

What fucking hole? Where does it say they needed to make a "billion" dollars to break even?

Exactly!! They got their money and then some

Dude, that was sarcasm. Jesus Christ, are people here dumb

>The sequel will be announced the next September 2.
Well it is technically the most well-received of the current DCEU. So not surprised if they decided to do it. Definitely wait and see though, the chance of it being a train-wreck is more than 50%.

Why would you agree sarcastically?

Who did I agree with?

Suicide squad was fun at least

THEIR INVESTORS got their money. The studio didn't foot the entire Bill. You have to promise investors money on top of their money. Once the investors make their profit. Then the studio gets everything after that.

Me, apparently.

Not really. MOS is the most well received film of the DCEU. SS is actually the worst received film yet

Yeah but it's the most fun dc film in decades

I never agreed with you. God, these different numbers and users is frustrating me. I have no idea who I'm talking to

Doesn't make it the most well received

No shit. The budget was 175. That was doubled awhile ago, meaning they got their money already

How new are you?

>no one wants

Most of the world wants it m8. Fuck off AVClub shill.

avclub.com/article/weekend-box-office-finally-something-other-suicide-241808?

>Our weeks-long national nightmare of watching worthier movies underperform as Americans gave away their hard-earned dollars on the Moloch-esque sacrificial altar of theSuicide Squadhype machine is over. The feature-length DC Comics trailer fell to No. 2 with $12.1 million this weekend, beaten by a well-received R-rated genre film made for a fraction ofSuicide Squad’s budget:Don’t Breathe, which took $26.1 million to land at the top of the box office.

Marketing cost 100 million user 175+ 100= 275 million. Not knowing the details of the deal, they would have had to of promised investors an additional % of the money earned on top of what was spent. Profit for investors is not profit for the studio

Just by cucks. Actual viewers liked it.

has made more than 8 of the 13 mcu movies.

Plus taxes. It's nice to assume not a penny of the money earned was taxed. How much of the 550 million was taxed away

i hope so, it was a fun entertaining movie.

>Hollywood Jews
>paying taxes

How much of that 550 mil actually made it to them?

This can't be happening. God damn it bros, how can this happen? I kept posting Rotten Tomatoes and Chris Evanses and it still made money....... I kept telling them that it would flop all the time but they kept fucking seeing it.

Goddamn it bros. We should have protested at theaters and forced people to not see it.

I'm going to fucking scream. It's not fair. This is not okay.

It did really well for a movie with no china release though.

It was flawed and the editing was pure straight up shit but it was still a success.

So why does Hollywood meme accounting only apply to Suicide Squad?

>Suicide Squad
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dc2016.htm
>Domestic:$284,082,210
>Foreign:$353,700,000
>Worldwide:$637,782,210
>Production Budget:$175 million

>Winter Soldier
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel14b.htm
>Domestic:$259,766,572
>Foreign:$454,654,931
>Worldwide:$714,421,503
>Production Budget:$170 million

>Guardians of the Galaxy
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel2014a.htm

>Domestic:$333,176,600
>Foreign:$440,135,799
>Worldwide:$773,312,399
>Production Budget:$170 million

forbes.com/sites/csylt/2015/01/27/disney-reveals-guardians-of-the-galaxy-was-over-budget-at-232-million/#6972501d2f36
>Media giant Walt Disney has revealed that the production cost of last summer’s blockbuster comic book movie Guardians of the Galaxy came to $232.3 million which was “slightly over the agreed budget.”

>The budget is higher than estimated with Box Office Mojoclaimingthat it was due to come in at $170 million. It is also higher than Marvel expected as the financial statements say that “the estimated final cost of the motion picture was slightly over the agreed budget.”
How much did WS make minus taxes, marketing, and investor profits? What about Guardians?

Well yeah but there is some invisible threshold in Hollywood where a movie needs to make a certain amount back for the studio to be considered a success. Normal people would be happy making a million dollars but this is Hollywood

WS was a flop.