Girls magic show

>girls magic show
>males are either banned or (ass pull) inexplicably unable to do magic

Thats my fetish
>there will never be a qt magic girl to rescue me from my life of lonliness and depresseion by becoming my own personal sex slave

Well Star vs is probably one of the few exceptions

>Team of magical girls
>Their male counterparts happen to be just their types and each girl gets to have a perfect dating life next to their adventures
BULLSHIT.

I typed 4 paragraphs explaining how this is diverted in Neopets and how MLP would be cool if it used part of The Faeries' Ruin for a season and I lost it accidentally clicking /qst/.

There's male magic users in Winx Club and Lolirock. Granted not very many and they tend to be villains.

I can't actually think of any other Sup Forums magical girl shows, except for maybe the horse-derived one which the less said about the better. But actually there are plenty of male magic users in the main show.

Is it actually explained why theyre able to when literally every other guy can't?

I swear its some trollz tier explaining

The greatest non-alicorn magic user in history prior to Twilight Sparkle was a male in the FiM universe.

What was the explanation?

Penises draw magic away from wands, it's kinda like a grounding rod

I never actually paid enough attention to Winx Club to care, I was in it for the girls and little else.

As for Lolirock, while I don't think it's ever explicitly stated it appears to be only the royal lines of planets that have magical abilities, so magic users are just rare in general. It does raise the question of whether Mephisto and Praxina, Zeinos, Kakos and Lev are royalty who sided with Gramorr/turned mercenary - If so there must be other magical princes out there. Unless they're all dead.

You're fucking pathetic

Same here. Although i stopped watching when it went 3d.

Where do you think you are?

Men are shit.

Remind me about how that plot is relevant again? I remember nothing about it except your pic (Xandra was baller af by the way)

There's no proper logic to it either because the majority of people accused in historical witch trials were men, and pretty much all cultures have stories where men are able to use magic.

This.

You can go back thousands of years and the shamans and spiritual leaders of tribes were usually men.

I think these days the stories are more to do with what kind of strength appeals to each gender. Being a magic user appeals to girls because it means they can fight and be strong while still looking traditionally feminine, whereas boys want to be manly and physically beat the shit out of things.

>whereas boys want to be manly and physically beat the shit out of things
nah
boys are just fine with blowing things up with a fire blast, laser beam or giant rocket gun

It was one of the last big plots before Viacom sold Neopets As far as site functionality was concerned, it was to give Faerieland a remodeling. It also actually officially killed off one of the Gallery of Evil members, Hubrid Nox. It introduced a new petpet, a new color, a new competitive Battledome item, a new neopets ship, and a new avatar to collect. It was also the last old!Battledome plot after TNT decided it was time to revamp the Battledome completely.

>mahou shoujo
>the boys can be just as powerful as girls, but the focus isn't on them
Good ol' Nanoha.

>Magical girl show
>The male protagonist/love interest is always a perfect qt chad or alpha cuck
>Never a beta animu weebo shutin that sees her like a human cumrag and will do anything to get into her pants

>alpha
>cuck
Wut?

And give Japan time, the way the fan pandering is going you'll probably have that exact show soon enough.

>We will never see a series with a qt boy using cutsy magic and a STRONK magical girl who loves manly fighting and beating the shit out of things

The second one is Precure.

I mean the kind of dudebro character who is so 'manly' because they act like a real gentlemen and will hold her hand, hold the door for her, bend to her whims because they're such a refined cuck, in that sense.

Really?
I thought all of the Precures were girly sissy shit who flash their panties and look like same-faced moe blobs. Granted it's been like 5 years since I've watched it.

I know at least Black and White get physical.

>don't worry about the lack of source, it means nothing.

I wish we had an adult styled magical girl series. Not in the family guy sense but just a series able to show drastic blood and violence, like where the girls get gored up and still have to consider moral and ethical decisions, with a mature tone. And where the most powerful character isn't the skimpiest or cutest. I don't care if it sounds edgy, give me something with gritty depth and violence. Give me a villain who isn't cartoony but savage and brutal. Let's see a protagonist who has what it takes to deal with them.

Madoka didn't quite hit that, it didn't go anywhere near far enough.

Do they show blood?
Is it real shonen style'd violence or cartoon physics squishy-punches?

>We will never see a series with a qt boy using cutsy magic

Already exists. Its second season is airing right now.

From this and from the fact that you didn't know about either Nahona, Precure or Symphogear, I can tell that you are just posting to be a contrarian faggot.

>from the fact that you didn't know about either Nahona, Precure or Symphogear
>Lesbian brawls with cybershit: The show
>Moe garbage
>More otaku pandering
Why would I care about those exactly?

>le buzzwords

You sure showed him.

That doesn't answer my question at all.
And I've sampled 2/3 of those anyway, you don't have to buffet on entire dining of Shit before the first bite tells you wait you're eating feces.

Yeah you sound just like a contrarian Sup Forumsutist.
What sort of series do you consider good then, if your tastes are so refined?

It doesn't matter because you'd think they're shit anyway. Why should I try to convince you moeshitter? Unlike you I don't actually care what you like, I just think it sucks.

I'm curious.
And bored.
Tell me you faggot, you don't have to convince me, just humor me.

>Sup Forums shows up
>they're needlessly angry and argumentative
Every time. Chill the fuck out Onii-san, this is why we don't come to visit you any more.

Evangelion
Inferno Cop
Re:Zero

>I mean the kind of dudebro character
>dudebro
tumblr, hand in your posting badge now
thanks

>Eggs on magical girl shows
>When their preference is basically male powered shonen-shits and edgy hams
HA
HAHAHHAHAHAHAH
I am amused, I am. You're the kind of person who complains about modern anime but doesn't contribute or watch anything new and only clings on to cringy shit from the 90's that's dated as fuck. I bet you think series like HxH or Lain are the deepest most compelling series ever while looking down on Muh-doka and mahō shōjo because it has g-giiirls in it with c-cooties.
How's it feel to be this much of a smelly kiss less virgin?
f8 me shitlord

While illegal, slavery does still exist among certain circles. You gotta work for a dream like that, user.

Just be careful, crimeworld is a harsh and dirty place.

Original Futari Wa Pretty Cure get into straight up fistfights. They've even got finishers reminiscent of the first two Kamen Riders. Ask /m/ about it.

>Re:Zero

why tho

>goalpost moving
>I hate everything that is popular

You pretty much just proved him right.

>2/3 of your taste can be described with the same buzzword you used
typical

It's funny. Shitty but worth the entertainment.

So let me sort this logic of yours out with a proposition from it.
I'm a loser for enjoying deep seated masculine power fantasies but, from your particular perspective you're apparently not from watching juvenile feminine power fantasies such as Precure or Madoka in particular? What makes us different?

How is it any of those?
You're going to claim it's otaku pandering I'm sure but it's really not, Inferno cop is just a shitty action show for the animators to jerk with and the other two like Eva and Re-zero are like, anti-pandering. They're totally opposed to something designed to sell merch with fan service and cute girls.
>Inb4 muh waifus and THE REI
Not Anno's fault that japs are so desperate they even fap to an autist doll who is so emotionless they can relate to her. Both flavors of side-girl were created to be repulsive.

How binary and conservative.

This, comparing mlp to magic girls shows is stupid because besides the mane six and their bullshit friendship magic only unicorns can do magic. Alicorns too but they're demigods and don't count

It was done well in Winx Club though. The males couldn't use magic but they had badass weapons instead.

Why do girls like Kill la Kill then?

HAHAHA. What sort of delusional fuckwit logic is that?
Magical girl series aren't "Female power fantasies" they're just blatant fan service to horny teens and fans so desperate for female companionship.
The fact that you even think series like Precure or Madoka can showcase female empowerment tells us pretty much, a whole length of your dimwitted assumptions on why you cannot appreciate that sort of thing. It's completely different.
Shonenshit and Evangelion tells you to man the fuck up and stop being a pussy, based on some sort of unrealistic expectation about how totally awesome you yes YOU THE VIEWER, the fanboys and neets can be if you just got into the cockpit of a giant robot and fucked a bunch of bitches. It's pathetic, and you're a pretentious ninny who will eat it all up.

They originally were kind of magical or something, being the elements of harmony and chosen ones. But they canned that by season 5.

Yeah, but...patriarchy!

Cool it broski. I'm not going to get all tumblr on your ass but are you so blinded by magical girls that you cannot see past the fan service as to how blatantly they try to push their agenda? Madoka was psuedo-lesbians. Nahona had two girls make a babby. Sailor Moon the front runner was tumblr before tumblr was cool, the show had lesbians, asexuals, transexual characters and yet everyone looked pretty in a mini-skirt while doing it, right along with what
said. It's perfect for self-insertion by strong beautiful womyn, and the closest to empowerment-centric garbage anime will ever get. It's as forced as any show about giant robots or haremshit and you know it, stop playing dumb.

I like the traditionalism of Winx Club. Little to no special snowflake faggotry in that show, the women are womanly and the men are manly, God bless Italy.

>Why do girls like Kill la Kill then?
Because those are women rather than children who are more open to less simplistic gender definitions. Also stop fucking typing out
>HAHAHA
It marks you as an obvious obnoxious newfag who needs to lurk more.

>how blatantly they try to push their agenda?
Oh shut up, now you sound like a paranoid conspiracy nut.
>Madoka was psuedo-lesbians
Not true. Show me a lesbian confirmation in the show. Are you trying to imply in particular just because Madoka and Homura were friends they're lesbians? Are you the kind of kissless virgin loser that like thinks scoring your first kiss equates to sex and if by a set of circumstances someone holds your hand they totally want sex? Unbelievable.
>Nahona had two girls make a babby.
Not lesbians
>Sailor Moon the front runner was tumblr before tumblr was cool
Put your tinfoil hat back on.

Female magical girl shows appeal to men.
Eva and One Punch Man and action cartoons appeal to men.
You're just making up false justifications for why you think these shows are for girls and not you, when the target audience and market tapped out for them is so evident you'd have to be intentionally misleading not to see where the gaze goes.

>It's perfect for self-insertion by strong beautiful womyn
>Sailor Moon
I'm done, you're some kind of Moron Contest extraordinaire.
The fact that you said they always look pretty is funny to, since they don't.

That was forgotten after the first and second episode and then revived in later season and even then its usually twilight who does all the super saiyan stuff.

>Why do girls like Kill la Kill then?
Obviously because all women are secretly lesbians and hate men

I'M SORRY ARE THE CAPS BOTHERING YOU
What do you want me to post. Kek? lol? lulz, perhaps cuck?
And it's the same shit, people will brag about how KLK is a feminist masterpiece when it's like literally what? A show about teenager strippers fighting as prostitutes to stop a conservative woman from wanting people to become enslaved by clothing so the slut-warriors have to fight the fashion industry. So empowering amirite?

AND the boys look just as feminine as the girls, and are useless in combat, even against regular people like muggers.

Look tumblrette either you're playing dumb or just trying to deny the subtext. This isn't a black or white thing. You can have female friendships in a cartoon, strong friendships.
But when the glasses moe girl takes off her glasses to become some sort of sexy action heroine to rescue her girl who later sacrifices herself in some horrific christological fashion to become a divine space lesbian, that's not friendship, that couldn't be more subtle.

They appeal to men but they're catered towards womyn and man-children identifying as womyn.
>he fact that you said they always look pretty is funny to, since they don't.
Is this your argument against one of the top selling Magical Whores ever? The waifus aren't pretty enough for you, really? Really you little bitch?

Or do they just throw around magic until somebody gets binded, or knocked down from an indirect hit and gives up?

Oh look, another thread ruined by political bullshit.

I wish everybody who cared about fucking gender issues would just fuck off and argue in Sup Forums where this shit belongs. And before anyone screams "tumblr" I wish tumblr would go to fucking Sup Forums as well. At least there they can properly engage their enemy over the pointless bullshit they both care about so much instead of shitting up a board that's supposed to be about fucking comics and cartoons.

There are no, factually, no confirmed lesbians in any of the magical girl shows you mentioned sans Sailor Moon (And even that was heavily censored in the dubs and translations). Stop being an autist, you're as bad as the shippers except you're trying to use it against an obvious fixation you have against mahō shōjo. First off all, even if they did have LGBT, who gives a fuck? Is that really what you'd call 'female empowerment', would you really say that's pandering to woman akin to with men in the same fashion as shonen and edgy manchild shows would? With how DBZ or Naruto, or fuck even Evangelion are milked, having a Lesbian Magical Princess or Tranny magical girl would be least of pandering concerns.

>A show about teenager strippers fighting as prostitutes to stop a conservative woman
Yes, a woman so conservative she sleeps with her daughters and is implied to be an insane sexually hedonistic pedophile, real clear there.

>The waifus aren't pretty enough for you, really? Really you little bitch?
No you sniveling dumbass, the point was you said magical girls fight in skirts and never get hurt or unpretty. In Sailor Moon that was blatantly untrue, they'd get shot, killed, burned, shocked, damaged and torn apart all the time just like male protags do. They'd show wounds and bleeding, they were never 'constantly pretty' like you're trying to push.
Learn to read between the lines before you throw out your assumptions.

This isn't about even Sup Forums, it's about Magical girl/Moefags acting like special snowflakes and thinking they're better than everyone else. It's not that having lesbians makes the cartoon worse it's that it's done for pandering and fan-service, as well as pseudo-empowerment faux messaging not some kind of grandiose statement. Japan is a pretty conservative country anime aside.

>sexy action heroine to rescue her girl who later sacrifices herself in some horrific christological fashion to become a divine space lesbian, that's not friendship, that couldn't be more subtle.
Y-yeah I mean it's not like the west would d-do that or anything, r-right? Thank goodness. A space lesbian goddess sacrificing herself? Not at all, nope.

>There are no lesbians in magical girls!
>Oh woops except when there are
>But they don't count because the Dub or something!
Wow brainiac real solid logic there.
There's a lesbian subtext in practically every magical girl show, you're just blind/too dumb to see it. What's it going to take for you to confess, them kissing onscreen?

No it'd happen and you'd still deny it, even if they were scissoring.

> what you'd call 'female empowerment'
No I wouldn't. it's what the people the show is aimed for would.

>would you really say that's pandering to woman akin to with men in the same fashion as shonen and edgy manchild shows would

How naive are you? Oh no user, clearly woman dream of becoming muscly beserker shonen-stye'd assholes with Hulk-tier transformations, that's the prima donna feminine fantasy par excellence!
Which is why every chick flick and female catered show has girls with superpowered transformations.

Seriously? It's not exclusively lesbians but the element here is love, like are you dense? If a show focuses more on dating and the characters love life it's female catored.

>baaah but female characters get hurt t-too!
That's for the men to gawk at. It's called a "Cat fight", and it's fanservice plain and simple.

>Yes, a woman so conservative she sleeps with her daughters and is implied to be an insane sexually hedonistic pedophile, real clear there.

So she's a redneck, so what.
If you're going to make a point be less stupid.

The only sort of existing subtext that you keep insisting exists, is there because you see it and keep forcing it down everyones throats. Subtext is a petty backhanded way to back out of a clear cut answer, the answer here being an absolute lack of evidence for lesbian-based relationships in western magical girl anime. You can point to Madoka or cherry pick Sailor Uranus all you want but the primary focus is on the storylines. In fact there's an entire separate genre for lesbian anime, and mahō shōjo don't come close to emulating or crossing over with Yuri that often. The sort of "Female fanservice" and claimed empowerment you keep insisting exists by way of theoretical lesbian subtext is flimsy at best, and it doesn't even compare to what shonenen shit does. Literally call me when a magical girl show does a rescue the love interest/homo arc like Rukia, Orihime, Nami, Robin or Sasuke.

>Oh no user, clearly woman dream
Are you a woman? Rhetorical don't answer that.
Woman aren't all the same. Why are you hung up on the idea that females cannot enjoy power fantasies too? More to the point, you keep insisting a female power fantasy is being a magical lesbian and getting to kiss girls, which is a bizarre form of projection if there ever was one.
>That's for the men to gawk at. It's called a "Cat fight", and it's fanservice plain and simple.
That's not like sailor Moon at all and you're really reaching. Characters get outright vaporized in the old show, are there men out there watching a classic anime just to see teenage girls burned to crisps or tanking energy attacks? You're kinda sick if you think that.

go watch Accel World it is exactly what you described and exactly as shit as you can expect it to be

Also there should be more shows where the men can use magic but are so impatient that they can't learn it properly because it takes too long. So men have cantrips and girls have super cool spells

Can't you faggots just enjoy your Macanese potato prints without reading all this fucking subtext into them?

Wow you've got some seriously fatal autism going on there, you're literally saying subtext doesn't matter is like a down-syndrome creationist covering their eyes and ears going LALALA I CANNOT HEAR YOU and denying evidence exists.

And acting like a twit who thinks unless they fuck onscreen it's not fan service.
For instance
> you keep insisting a female power fantasy is being a magical lesbian and getting to kiss girls
You are being blind or terribly naive and dumb. I mean hello, I don't know if you've been living under a rock but there's a certain cartoon network show.

It's, oh I don't know, been airing for the past year or three and is sorta the most popular on Sup Forums as of this moment? Three space aunts and a midget, don't know if you've heard of it? I wonder why it's so popular. Clearly it's a mystery.

We'll never know, because subtext doesn't exist and doesn't matter! And we live in a world where no woman have sapphic fantasies and just want to be fan-service fight-bot hooker machines for kissless virgins. Moe shitters everyone.

> call me when a magical girl show does a rescue the love interest/homo arc
LITERALLY. FUCKING. MADOKA.
The entire plot of Madoka is this.
It's the ENTIRE SHOW. How can you be this dense?
The (actual) MC spends TWELVE EPISODES TRYING TO SAVE HER LOVE.

Apparently not it's how moeshits justify their cartoon, but suggesting that they're so DEEP AND ENGAGING and then getting way defensive whenever like anyone calls them out on how all the show is doing is pandering to them with Lesbian shipteasing. It's so pathetic and ridiculous that I could laugh if it didn't ruin woman in japanese cartoons forever.

I'm talking to you as well. Not everything has to be fucking deep and meaningful either. Cartoons are allowed to be dumb fun too.

Homura outright states that she loves Madoka in Rebellion.

user point to a magical girl show that isn't sailor moon. Show me evidence, support your argument. I don't need a sex scene, just some cuddling, some love making, even a date. A single show with two mahō shōjo going on an innocent date would prove me wrong. There are thousands and I mean thousands of shonen shows and typical generic gary sue bland animes with power son guys getting the girl and having love interests. But strangely and empirically a mystery, none with female magical girls on dates.
>Bringing up a western cartoon when we're talking about eastern Anime
And how does bringing up that trite show prove that all female-on-female friendship are lesbians and clearly and time girls touch it's confidentially irrefutable proof of yuri or whatever narrow-minded female empowerment you're pulling out of your ass?
>Madoka is Lesbians again! It panders to lesbians and is a feminist work with clear empowered woman!
This shit again? You're not even trying with this weak bait. You're objectively wrong and are getting desperate, don't chimp out on my just yet.

Winx
Little charmers
Most japanese series never have a guy using magic either

I'm not saying it's deep and meaningful. I'm saying it's pandering and fan-service. My original argument was how Magical Girl shows are no better than Shonen because they still pander to woman-child's juvenile fantasies just in a specific way, abit different. It is dumb fun but they'll deny that.

>Rebellion
I'm not gonna argue the whole non-canon route but that movie was shit. And 'Love' can mean a lot of things. I love my mother, and my best friends (no homo) and am capable of loving other girls too without it being gay.
That being said Madoka is pure yuri-tease and the denial is hilarious.

>magical girls
>Explicit Lesbians
The Rose of Versailles. There you happy you little carpet munching nerd?

And I cannot even take you seriously right now. Imagine this. Imagine a show full of weak skimpy Magical Strippers who are fighting fucktoys able to conjure beams and energy blasts, fight their rival with their fists, turn into edgy super forms and be everything Goku and Naruto are but with tits in a battle shonen centered around woman.

Now imagine something like say, Steven Universe.
>Muh western
Not the point dumbshit.
WHICH is more of a genuine female fantasy, which caters to a female sensibility? Why is a show like Steven Universe popular while a series like Witch Blade or Queen's Blade which are Male-fanservice Male-fantasy shows, barely heard of with fandoms non-existent. Hmmm? Your entire idea that girls if asked to identify with SnuSnu and Powershit would choose that over Space rocks lesbians is delusional.

>and am capable of loving other girls too without it being gay.
Oh so just because you're a special sort of snowflake with tits, now it's you who has the authority to say what all woman want? Wonderful, if hilarious ironic and conceivably detestable. You should really be more upfront with these things when trying to structure your argument user.

true denial is the people that insist that Nanoha and Fate aren't a couple and spout some "Heterosexual life partners" BULLSHIT.

>My original argument was how Magical Girl shows are no better than Shonen because they still pander to woman-child's juvenile fantasies just in a specific way
And you're wrong. Objectively wrong. I'm not saying shipfags and people who enjoy Yuri don't exist, but the magical girl demographic, Madoka included doesn't cater towards them, it's for a decidedly male demographic and none of the claimed lesbians that you insist are pseudo-empowered designate a female power fantasy.
You're trying to distract by saying that woman don't want to be amazons but rather lesbians, but the most problematic aspect of your line of reasoning is that it excludes these are mutually exclusive. In fact the two are interlinked, the amazon fantasy with the lesbian one. Look at Wonder Woman and her island, do you seriously think the warrior woman trope isn't intertwined with sapphic desire? It's all about that, and if Eastern anime were really to show a series that catered towards female empowerment and fantasies you'd expect to see a show a lot more like, yes, admittedly SU. Don't complain you brought it up first toots. Look at the tropes involved
>All female main cast sans Steven
>all female race
>Able to fight and fuse to grow stronger
>Dominated by female matriarchs
>Clear shipping undertones
There is no anime show that even comes close, a show about female matriarchs or amazons as protagonists (that aren't clear male titty fanservice) is unthinkable in a culture like Japan. So take your tinfoil hat theories and shove'em back up your cunt.

>TITS or GTFO XD
Fuck off
I asked you earlier in the thread if you were a woman because you kept spouting about how you knew what woman wanted and how clearly it was to be moeblob sluts who fight in panties for the sake of men.
If you're going to attack me for something like that where are your credentials? Besides thinking with your dick I bet.

My gender has nothing to do with this debate asshole.

I'm sorry did I trigger that time of month?
Why don't you write an angry blog about it back on your tumblr page, ooooo that'll really get the anons here running!

>Madoka included doesn't cater towards them, it's for a decidedly male demographic
Do you really want to do this? I could totally pull some sales statistics and charts proving you dead wrong, and the oh so certain assumption that these series are created just for men is hilarious. Otakus, weeboos and shut-in's exist in both flavors and at this right you're just shitposting denial to say teasing yuri isn't just another form of pandering.

> a show about female matriarchs or amazons
> unthinkable in a culture like Japan
Which is why Sailor Moon literally has her becoming the Empress of Neo Tokyo in the future, oh yeah sure right. Them Japans are so sexist, they could never allow grrrls to be the most powerful in the universe, okay. And an all female cast? Wow what a thought, that's impossible for a medium like anime!

It's not even that Anime doesn't do Yuri, doesn't do the Power-leveling shit and doesn't do the same sort of thing that Steven Universe does.
It's that it's all shallow fan service and pandering without any depth to it. Say what you will about that show but atleast the females have characterization and depth, the sole reason the yuri-blob stripper bots exist in anime is for horny assholes like you to fap to, and horny lesbians to have something to relate to vaguely enough to buy merch later. There's nothing more to it, and it's just as pathetic as every shonenshit out there.

Yes we get it you're an asshole I didn't need that confirmation.

Jesus you two, fuck already.

>I wish we had an adult styled magical girl series. Not in the family guy sense but just a series able to show drastic blood and violence, like where the girls get gored up and still have to consider moral and ethical decisions, with a mature tone.

Hai there. Luca Enoch made two of those.

>The Rose of Versailles.

>lesbian
>magical girl

The flying fuck?

>B-b-but females are losers too!
Already knew that, pull whatever half assed cherry picked figures you want if it makes you feel any better. But you don't get to whine about how Madoka is all fan service and pandering to waaaaaaaaah lesbians and then turn around saying how deep and meaningful Steven Universe is. All of that fanservice exists for men true, but it's not for some sizable yuri or lesbian demographic that the editor-kuns are sitting in a board room thinking they can make a profit off of. Every single magical girl show in itself sells merch and figurines which are for a decidedly male audience.
>Which is why Sailor Moon literally has her becoming the Empress of Neo Tokyo in the future, oh yeah sure right.
They don't need to make space rock lesbians show because
1)That wouldn't work or sell well in Japan
2)It'd intimate neckbeard audiences who want their females attractive, pretty and emotional but non-threatening
>It's that it's all shallow fan service and pandering without any depth to it.
Not true. The only exception are the shows you mentioned like Queen's Blade but they still don't pander to a Wonder Woman idealization, they quantify as some kind of Dominatrix fetish and if they stepped out of anything more than that they'd be nonviable for eastern audiences. Ignoring that, Madoka has more depth to it than just 'hurr durr Lesbians.' Sailor Moon too, and Nanoha. They can be pretty and smart and you just sound like you're horseshitting because you're tumblr mad at something you're not quite sure of. If you want to write a little essay on how anime aren't living up to your womyn expectations that's one thing, but don't call the shows just fan service without understanding them first.

Wraith was the last good color to be added, coincidentally.

Is that an anime though?

C'mon, Rosalie is at-least-bisexual. It may not qualify as traditional Magical Girl fluff but it counts.
Also there's Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Not that user but I hope to god you're wrong.
Homura is Madoka's soul mate and you're blind if you cannot see how in love they are. And as the series go long it's clear it's pure lemon.

You could at least fall back to Ribbon Knight...

It's a comic series

>They don't need to make space rock lesbians show because
Show By Rock!! seems to be doing okay.

I'm not saying there's not more to it, but it is the central draw. The only thing super special about Madoka is it manages to go from a generic fan servicey magical girl show, to a semi-less-generic magical girl show now servicing yuri fags.

It's aiming for a specific thing but doesn't even have the balls to have two girls kiss like Steven Universe does.
If you want to claim it's 'pretty and smart' and there's so much more to it than that, show me their relationship in full.

Their dates, their love, more than just fan service blushing and panty teasing for the Dōjinshis.

>They don't need to make space rock lesbians show because
>1)That wouldn't work or sell well in Japan
>2)It'd intimate neckbeard audiences who want their females attractive, pretty and emotional but non-threatening

You don't know that. Sailor Moon is still a classic.
But we'll never get to see because anime is a dead medium that only panders to what it's fans want, or think they want.
That's why the mascot for magical girls now will be a blushing pink haired waifu like Madoka and not one like Star Butterfly.

> If you want to write a little essay on how anime aren't living up to your womyn expectations that's one thing
Are you sure you're a male because you sound like a little bitch right now.

I'm just telling the facts, you're trying to deny them because of some preconceived purity of magical girls or something and getting all defensive just because I like dumb stupid shit like Attack on Titan more than dumb stupid shit like Precure.

Maybe if a Precure had the balls to be half as assed and edgy as the shonen shows I'd watch it. Or oh I don't know, being genuinely well written?
Never going to happen.

I took 5 seconds to google this. Looks interesting but I'm sure others will just dismiss it as moe faggotry without giving it a chance because it looks like wide eyed sparkly animu.

Yes clearly, that's such an objective fact that people went in watching Madoka primarily for the intense and dramatic relationship between two lesbian schoolgirls, what ever was I thinking? Oh right it's because I was thinking and using reason, and not making short-cut judgements and kneejerk evaluations with my emotions, unlike you. I'm assuming you've seen Madoka? When has the whole Homura loving Madoka thing (Which clearly must be sexual!!!11 God you puritan faggot) ever come into play prior to, how particular are we speaking, the last episode? Last two episodes? For actual reference I mean, aren't you just being pedantic about this.

>Their dates, their love, more than just fan service blushing and panty teasing for the Dōjinshis.
They have a genre for that. It's called Yuri.
They don't do that in Magical Girl shows because they're aimed at primarily a male demographic, and when men see that sort of service they don't want to watch female relationships. Just girls kissing.

>You don't know that. Sailor Moon is still a classic.
Nobody in today's age still watches Sailor Moon. Even the reboot is doing bad.
>But we'll never get to see because anime is a dead medium that only panders to what it's fans
Blahblahblah I too can be a contrarian.
>That's why the mascot for magical girls now will be a blushing pink haired waifu like Madoka and not one like Star Butterfly
I'm not sure what point you are precisely making here. Is it that you have shit taste? Because you sure have me convinced.

>getting all defensive
You're trying to paint the mahō shōjo genre in one brush and I'm explaining why it's not that way you're assuming. Of course since you've stated you don't actually watch it it's to be expected you'd have no idea what you're talking about.