This is our new Mary Jane Watson

>This is our new Mary Jane Watson

>moviefag
>spiderfag
>faggotfag
>our
Kill you'rself

She's cute fuck you.

We know user. We had this thread weeks ago when we found out. We all came to the same conclusion

>This is our new Mary Jane Watson.

>The Horror!
>The Hand!

Well keep passing around these photos and maybe she'll get fired like the last one.

Are there any women who are attractive without makeup?

Does anyone else have a bigger problem at the Guatemalan dude being Flash Thompson?

I mean seriously, it's not even about him being non-white. It's about the fact that he looks like a bigger fucking geek than Peter himself. He looks like the type of dude that'd probably be on some anime club at high school, trying to shag that one weird white chick that's in it.

Shit, at least Zendaya looks better than Kirsten Dunst IMO.

The Unicorn tenders of Annwn rate about 7/10
Nobody cares about Flash. He's Flash. He was barely a character the last franchise and literally a cameo in the first. People actually know and care about MJ which is why last time they got so pissy about her being cast as a woman who looked bad without make up they just decided not to have MJ anywhere in the movie...which was probably for the best seeing as how bloated it already was.
Also I disagree on that last part.

I stopped caring about following the original ideas of a 90+ year old man long long ago. Shit changes and who the fuck cares but people who can't adapt with it. As long as its a somewhat enjoyable popcorn that has a nerdy kid get spider powers and deal with real life issues of being a new york teenager that is all I care about.

Why is it that white people care about race more than anybody else?

What about asians? And Black people?

If it's not about race than why did you bother calling him the Guatemalan dude. You gotta try harder to hide your bigotry

Blacks can get along with everyone, as long as you don't instigate with them. Asians are kinda chill in real life.

Well she doesn't feel like Mary Jane. She lacks that girl next door feel.

And red hair.

The ones that don't fuck their own shit up by using a lot of makeup from an early age. So like, three chicks in total

>face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot

>Nobody cares about flash
>People know and care about MJ
Objectively untrue

You guys weren't bitching about May.

Hair dye exists.

Mary Jane has literally only had a "girl next door" feel in the first Spider-Man movies, in the actual comics she's a hot model who Peter doesn't meet until college. Gwen's the more girl next door type. At least try to pretend you read comics.

>Shit, at least Zendaya looks better than Kirsten Dunst IMO.

This. I dunno why people are anal fissuring over this when Kirsten Dunst is fucking hideous and terribly miscast.

Blacks can't even handle a black woman being a black woman because she's too "light" I've never seen white people get pissy a white actor wasn't pale enough to play a different white guy.
>Objectively untrue
That MJ is a much bigger and well known character? How is that untrue?
Well there is Ultimate MJ

>you'rself
hah!

>Why is it that white people care about race more than anybody else?
Because technically there are no white people by the old definition. In the old days being Irish makes you not white. Being "white" just means you have advantage over other people,Irish doesn't count because back then they were discriminated. It had nothing to do with skin colour. But then the advantages get taken away in general so now there is an attempt to have safety in numbers, so the white label suddenly apply to way more people for no good reason.

>shitty Disney channel actress
>in a Spiderman movie nobody wanted
>but the thing that people are getting salty over is that she's brown
It's getting harder and harder to defend you dumbasses when people call you racist

To be fair what you're saying is a gross over simplification.
Irish "weren't white" but Mexicans were. But largely it just shifts and changes wherever you go.
Places in Africa don't consider American Blacks, black. Places in South America don't consider themselves black then that shifts when it comes to America.
Then there's Sup Forums memes.

She looks like a fucking Abo

>Nobody cares about Flash. He's Flash

He's a football star jock who dates MJ and bullies Peter. You're right that we don't need some amazing actor for a side character like Flash, so casting is mostly irrelevant, as long as you cast a guy who looks like a fucking athlete jock and not like the exact opposite.

Has this even been officially announced? Last I heard, everyone was getting their info from a source that's been unreliable in the past.

Yeah, but this definitely doesn't seem to be Ultimate MJ.

I thought they were just calling her ugly.
It's funny how everyone forgot the last MJ candidate.
I'm saying why nobody cares, not that he's well cast. It's the same reason why Deadshot and Baron Mordo got like two threads worth of talk and MJ is getting a lot more.

Why is it racist to get annoyed by Hollywood blackwashing?

>blackwashing
Even in this movie, which is incredibly diverse, even by modern standards, the main protagonist and antagonist are white, as are a significant portion of the supporting cast. Chill the fuck out and stop getting so triggered over stupid shit.

>complain that flash is a brown manlet
not racist
>complain that ned leeds is a fat asian
not racist
>complain that mj's a half black girl without red hair
racist

Because it's 2016.
And really at this point you'd imagine you'd just let it wash over you. There's no real point in fighting it, they're just going to keep doing it, all it leads to is unpleasant threads
To be fair the idea isn't "there aren't any white people" the idea is "you're changing a big name white character" like nobody cares about the nobodies.

Of course the lead is a white man. It's a Marvel movie

But why is that worth getting annoyed over? It's not an important character trait. It's fair to get annoyed that she doesn't have red hair, it's fair to get annoyed that she acts nothing like MJ, but why get annoyed when her race has literally nothing to do with her character?

>There's no real point in fighting it

Coward

Why does race have nothing to do with the character when it's a white getting their race changed? Race has fuck all to do with Manta or Waller but there would be a shit fit it either of them were changed

Well, part of being black is she isn't gonna have red hair.

>Even in this movie, which is incredibly diverse, even by modern standards, the main protagonist and antagonist are white,

Well, yes. Because it's a movie about a fucking white superhero and most of his villain gallery happens to be white as well, so chances were high the villain would be white too. Why the fuck are you saying this as if it's not a given that Peter Parker would be white?

You're naive as shit if you don't think being black changes someone's character.

You gotta account for every stereotype and all the racial baggage that comes with being black when you write a black character. It's literally impossible to be exactly the same because you get crucified if you don't examine everything with a microscope to be sure you aren't being racist.

Wait how is hair color an important enough factor but race isn't?
I guess.

>Guatemalan dude being Flash Thompson

You're the first person on Sup Forums to get his race right and not call him a poo in loo

Why does race never have anything to do with the character if the character is white?

If it looks like a poo in loo, it probably doesn't poo in the loo

>shitposting on a Taiwanese basket-weaving forum is brave

To be fair nobody gives a fuck about Guatemala and he looks like a Poo in Loo

Most people would probably assume he was Indian because the first thing anyone saw him in was Grand Budapest Hotel.

When was the last time we ever had a villain who was A Jew

Was it Magneto? He's the only one I can think of

I'm not even trying to shitpost, I'm just curious about it

>Blacks can't even handle a black woman being a black woman because she's too "light"

Because there's a history of discrimination and hatred towards darker skinned black people, particularily women? I don't agree with all the trivial complaints, but in that regard, I can understand where there coming from. You don't to promote further division in the black community by promoting only a light skin centric culture, because that leads to self-hate and possibly future black men rejecting black women only to seek light skin women/white women.

I always thought it was weird he was a completely different race from his older self. I guess he just lost a lot of melanin in his old age.

Does the Passion of the Christ count?

Like, a Jewish actor or the character is in-universe Jewish?

Most characters don't really discuss their religious or ethic background unless it connects to the main narrative, so for a lot of them it would be hard to say.

A black chick playing MJ is pretty low on the list of things wrong with this movie, but I've seen more than a few threads on here complaining about specifically that. I know it's more about replacing a character with a minority to be more PC that's annoying people, but when it's in a movie that nobody wanted and the actress in question is more under-qualified because of her lack of talent than her ethnicity, it's hard not to see why people would assume it's just nerds being racist.

I think it was just an excuse to cast F Murray Abraham, who's swarthy enough to be cast as any "brown" race Hollywood needs him to be.

god damm the bitch is ugly as fuck

I don't think Hollywood goes out of their way to cast light skinned blacks for their skin color. They cast attractive blacks. It just so happens that pure african, dark black features are not deemed attractive by most people, including other blacks. Whereis light skinned blacks with mixed parentage tend to have much better facial features, thus are cast more often in movies and tv. The lighter skin collor is just a side effect of their mixed parentage, but not the reason why they are being cast.

Shit's awful, man. Black women nowadays either ignore good black men because "all niggas are too hood, a white man will take care of me" or they're gay. Like, a significant number of black women are suddenly gay now.

>but when it's in a movie that nobody wanted

I thought most people were pretty hyped when this movie got announced and they thought it would be Marvel finally doing Spidey justice in this co-production, thus the name "homecoming". No one knew Sony would fuck it all up and the casting is just one of the most glaringly obvious symptoms we can talk about. Everything else is just speculation at the moment.

You know what race bend I haven't seen anyone complain about?
Aquaman.
I've seen more people complain that Flash looks too chinky and is too faggy than I've seen anyone even TALK about Momoa.
And I didn't see them complain about him in Conan either.
Do people just not know he's half pineapple or is he just so bad an actor that people won't bring up the race issue to complain?

"Ya'll a bunch of bitch niggas, so I'ma just be with a bitch, nigga."
-Katt Williams on the sudden rise of black lesbians

This is probably the one case where being white really didn't matter for the character and in fact him being an islander improves the character.

They've released at least 5 Spiderman films in the last 15 years. You're retarded if you thought a sixth one would be a good idea.

Okay, I kek'd. Still triggered though. Oh, and my girlfriend was abused by her ex many moons ago, but thankfully, she didn't start eating carpet.

You're ignoring how much good faith Marvel has built up with a lot of people. Not here, but with everyone else.

He just doesn't fit. At the very least Flash needs to be a twunk. He's short, and looks like a delicate nerdy flower.

And it's because they're going to make in an emotional bully and they're probably going to make him rich too. Which is like saying "I missed the point." to me.

>Flash is Peter Parker's cyberbully

Conan was Cimmerian, a.k.a made up people (probably not-Slavs or not-Germans), living mostly in the South of his native lands. Momoa looks like a tanned white dude. And yeah, Aquaman being an islander just makes too much sense.

I did but I got called racist and a faggot for not wanting some buff guy.

I think the irony was lost on them

Wait do you mean you criticized that Drogo was a bad actor or you called out the fact he was racebent?

Racebent. The bad actor just went in par with them having picked Gadot as Wondy

>WE WUZ SPIDAHMANN N SHIEET

Momoa is such a cool dude I can't bring myself to hate him even if he is a bad actor.

He also fits the character look-wise at least unlike Homecoming's Flash.

Why isn't she just Gloria Grant?

Why aren't people angry that an actual black character isn't getting spotlight?

Wholia Who?

Someone major recurring character throughout the 70s. Black friend of Peter's with a potentially different storyline. More of a friend, but can easily be shaped into a love interest if needed.

Before Spider-Man 3 and Amazing Spider-Man no one gave a fuck about Gwen and look at her.

If you spotlight lesser characters in a big budget movie people will learn who they are and come to accept them. Raceswapping when there's decades worth of POC supporting Spider-Man characters to pull from is pretty much pointless.

Way less people are complaining about Momoa because the DCEU has already blown it and no one REALLY cares if those movies are good or bad anymore, we're just riding out the wave until the next reboot when hopefully they build the foundation right.

The character whose dad is from Maine and whose mom is from an ancient Greco-Roman legend, being a Pacific Islander, makes too much sense?

No, it's still a rumor.

liked him as conan more than arnie, he fits the books description better

Maine is in the US, a.k.a. the country of immigrants.

This. It's better to bare through shitty teenage hormonal acne and have nice clear skin at the end than to slather on makeup and have perpetually shit skin as a result, to which the answer is usually slathering on more makeup.
It's a brutal cycle.

Also Yes. Me.[/spoiler.]

First post, best post.
Now if only the mods would delete this /tvpol/ shit.