I only liked the first half of this movie. Anyone else or am I just a huge faggot?

I only liked the first half of this movie. Anyone else or am I just a huge faggot?

Yes and yes.

Nice. *throws up a hi-five*

Kinda the same here. It wasn't like the second half was bad, but it becomes a completely different movie and it's not fun anymore. That was probably the point, killing gooks is good and all, but sometimes snipers ruin everyt

underage &ban

when ur older than 14 youll understand

I like it all the up until the dumb sniper scene
The battle at the airfield is short but it was pretty well made and I like the banter between the marines

Before seeing this I already knew the ending had someone making his first kill and getting the thousand yard stare. As I was watching it, I thought that person was going to be Pyle. How surprised I was when I realized Joker was the MC the whole time.

This movie is really one of the great plebfilters

but it's pointless without the second part

Well, I was the same when I was younger, but the ending actually is pretty fucking sweet. But yeah, the boot camp sequence is amazing. Kubrick dude.

You're a huge faggot. It's not even that good until they get to Vietnam

I like the second half better

>the dumb sniper scene
>dat repetitive slo-mo shot
Truly the most unintentionally hilarious scene of the 80s.

the second half is just as memorable as the first, it needs time to digest though

Why did he film it in England. It didn't feel right at all

Nah, 2nd half is appreciably worse. You should read Dispatches, though, it's an expanded version of coverage the screenwriter did on yhe Vietnam War for Esquire. It pulls off the second half's structure much more effectively in prose. Several stories in the 2nd half are recycled from Dispatches. The author is Michael Herr.

this is what plebs actually think.
Kubrick didn't like flying. he was a big guy.

All of the most memorable bits are in the second half.

Sniping with an AK-47/74 though?

Plus she was a woman.

Animal Mother could have easily suppressed her ass while they flanked her from Short A.

Nice trips

But the second half plays into Kubrick's exploration of men-without-women and then men-against-women

And I thought the source was Hasford?

the 2nd half is a joke. there was literally one ghetto neighborhood where soldiers just burned down during vietnam. other than that all combat took place in the jungle. i think kubrick got vietnam mixed with WW2

2nd half > 1st half but you probably don't have a college education yet

You can "snipe" with just about anything. Mosin Nagants have pretty shitty accuracy even compared to other bolt-action rifles at the time, especially when coupled with corrosive-primed Soviet milsurp ammo, and yet that's what the most lethal sniper in history used to kill 500 people.

Herr cowrote the screenplay with Hasford and Kubrick. His influence is stronger in the 2nd half, Hasford's in the first.

Dispatches is a lot better than short timers, though.