Untitled

avclub.com/article/weekend-box-office-finally-something-other-suicide-241808?

>Our weeks-long national nightmare of watching worthier movies underperform as Americans gave away their hard-earned dollars on the Moloch-esque sacrificial altar of theSuicide Squadhype machine is over. The feature-length DC Comics trailer fell to No. 2 with $12.1 million this weekend, beaten by a well-received R-rated genre film made for a fraction ofSuicide Squad’s budget:Don’t Breathe, which took $26.1 million to land at the top of the box office.

Nope, no bias here.
Real professional, mature article.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1YVrxFmheSc
reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/50cybi/todays_av_club_headline_weekend_box_office/
themarysue.com/dcyou-sure-fooled-me/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Awww baby wanna sucker?

All this saltyness is making me thirsty

You do know that DC films are for Sup Forums and Sup Forums people and Gamergoobers and WE dont like that kind of people here right?

This guy's no Armond White for sure.

Im not sure why they care a movie is knocked off #1 & into 2 when it has been out for almost a month now. There are some movies that bump to 3rd on the 2nd week.

Because Suicide Squad's unprecedented mediocre success NEEDED to be stopped.

Holy kek, the anti-DC shills are having a fucking seizure.

Nah, he's right SS didn't deserve the money it got.
But then again, they are also still making Transformers movies.
So fuck the world in general.

>implying Transformers movies aren't entertaining as fuck if you're drunk and riffing on them with friends
I got free tickets to watch whatever the third one was called with friends. Couldn't get any drinks, we were basically suicidal by the end of it since it was so shitty.

It's not about if he's right. It's that he seems so angry and petty.

>Nah, he's right SS didn't deserve the money it got.

Neither does any MCU movie

Sorry user, but when it comes to hundreds of millions of dollars being wasted on an ugly mess for FIVE times in a row, the "So bad it's good" excuse just doesn't float anymore.

I bet some dumb executives think what saved Suicide Squad at the box office was cutting it into PG-13 movie. Not that they've been advertising it as R rated movie up until eleventh hour.

t. Triggered DCuck

Hey, I didn't say pay for these fuckers. Just download them when they come out

Nah, they'll think that what saved Suicide Squad at the box office was the fact that it as so Batman franchise heavy, the fact that it had licensed music out the wazoo, and the fact that it was "fun".

I've wanted the DCEU to have a bonafide win for years now and this is a monkey's paw of a victory because Skwad's success is going to teach WB exactly the wrong lessons.

>that salt
keks

It's weird because the DC films, Suicide Squad especially, have been the most diverse superheroes films to date.

BvS made more money than SS. Both movies made good money, but performed well below expectations. BvS was supposed to rival the Avengers and Civil War whereis SS was designed from the ground up to be a similar quirky smash hit like Deadpool or GotG. Both fell short of that.

Michael Bay is present day Stanley Kubrick compared to the MCU.

Is the media's trend of portraying DC properties negatively (regardless of their subjective quality) a consequence of Marvel's recent SJW turn? Are the people writing this sort of thing SJWs who've gotten swept up in company wars bullshit and now see DC as 'the enemy'?

Suicide Squad was not released in China and still have Guardians a run for its money.

Not really. DC got a lot of goodwill from SJWs too thanks to Batgirl and Harley ongoings and Wonderwoman beating up white men for mansplaining. So Marvel and DC are fairly even when it comes to pandering to those types. MoS, BvS and Suicide Squad were just genuinely pretty bad movies, that's all there is to it.

This is pretty true. Bad Boys and Pain & Gain are better than any mcu.

Internet comics media has been Marvel biased for years.

Are you implying there isn't a secret hidden agenda against DC? That's insane. Ludicrous even

stereotypes/cliche usually don't count towards diversity

You're full of shit mate. There is literally, LITERALLY one panel in all DC with the SJW shit that's published in Marvel every week. The chick that wrote that Wonder Woman web comic got fucking fired and Marvel hired her to write [UNSOLICITED OPIIONS ON ISRAEL?!]

SJWs spent the entirety of DCYou shitting on it for not having enough diversity. They shit on DC for referencing Killing Joke. They shit on DC for not allowing Batwoman to get married.

SJWs HATE DC.

Not so much an agenda or any sort of organised movement, just a general bias.

>The chick that wrote that Wonder Woman web comic got fucking fired and Marvel hired her to write [UNSOLICITED OPIIONS ON ISRAEL?!]
Bennett didn't write that. Ryan did. Bennett was hired to do Rebirth Wondy until they talked Rucka into coming back

What racial stereotypes were there? Will Smith played Will Smith, Diablo played a fairly believable hispanic fire god who accidentally killed his family, I didn't even know Killer Croc was supposed to be black and Waller was as smart and ruthless as she is in the comics.

>So Marvel and DC are fairly even when it comes to pandering to those types

They're Anti hero's though user.

lol critics be liek

youtube.com/watch?v=1YVrxFmheSc

Luke Cage and Jessica Jones have been together for fucking forever, long before this whole SJW shit started. Also, I'm not denying the Marvel SJW pandering exists, I'm just saying DC does it too.

Alright we get it, calm your autism or are you seriously going to post your entire 400 image folder now?

BEHEAD THOSE THAT INSULT DC

Somehow I think this one is the worst

if you've got any good filename ideas lemme hear 'em

So this is the true power...of meme magic!

Not bad...

that third panel. i wonder how it'd go down if I drew a sequence with a guy shooting random women in the face and giving no fucks. It'd be labelled as the worst type of misogynist male rape power fantasy

Fag stuff always grosses me out. On tv, in movies, even here, it's just nasty.

>AV Club
>Unbiased
You know, I almost laughed at you? But AV Club is funnier.
>But AV Club isn't funny.
Exactly.

I saved the best one just for you, user.

reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/50cybi/todays_av_club_headline_weekend_box_office/
>showing once again that all DCEU related threads are fucking infested with these cucks

Does that mean they've finally hit stage 4?

This is because Ghostbusters 2016 failed in the Box Office, didn't it?

For who? I think that other guy left a while ago

No they haven't.

The weird thing is that as shitty as the DC films are, the Marvel films are just as bad, and yet critivs lap those up. Why the different reactions to the same shit in different bottles?

Yeah, this is some pretty horrible SJW writing, but there is plenty of horrible writing across comic books and it's only because you have a political objection to then that you're getting so upset. But Marvel publishes, what 50 bold a month? Let the liberal writers have 5 or 6 of them. The majority of the books have none of it and some of them are quite good. So you can be retarded about it and obsess over the negatives or spend more time reading good comics (from whatever company). This tirade just comes off as sad.

Heterosexual interracial couples in comics isn't seen as SJW pandering by anyone except Sup Forumstards. Nobody else gives a shit if people with different colour skin fuck.

It's not pandering, morons. The world's just moved past you.

themarysue.com/dcyou-sure-fooled-me/
>DC Tries Make Us Believe It Cares About Expanding Diversity in Comics With New DCYou Campaign

>DC Comics is trying to get in good with the current push towards diversity in comics—not, you know, by actually expanding diversity in their comics, but by running an ad campaign called DCYou that talks a big game about diverse stories in comics.

>DCYou is promoting DC’s post-Convergence line-up of books, and is said to celebrate “Fan-Favorite Characters, Top-Notch Talent, Diverse Stories and DC Fans,” but as the wonderful Janelle Asselin at Comics Alliance points out, though the campaign promises diversity in its stories, it features almost exclusively white male creators and characters. Take it away, Janelle:

>You don’t throw the word “diverse” into a press release and then fail to include more of your diverse characters and creators. But then… let’s look at the numbers. As Tim Hanley (ever regular with his Numbercrunching) recently posted, the July 2015 solicits that went out last month marked DC’s lowest month of the year in terms of women credited in the solicitation copy. Obviously, more women does not automatically equal diversity, but one would hope that a company that has created a campaign all about “the fans” and “stories for everyone” would actually hire more people who are representative of different groups.

>I’m glad to see Gotham Academy represented here, as it features an entire slate of POC main characters and is co-written by Brenden Fletcher and Becky Cloonan. But where’s the Babs Tarr-drawn Batgirl? Why is Annie Wu only briefly mentioned in the press release? Seems like quite the oversight in a campaign aimed at diversity. Hell, where’s my all-female DC team-up comic in general? Haven’t they heard about A-Force?

>nobody is disgusted by fags and niggers

DC doesn't own as many critics as marvel does. Remember who marvels Daddy is now

The attempts at rationalizing this shit is kekworthy

Yeah, nobody above basement level, shitlord.

Bullshit. Man of Steel and BvS are 3/5 at best. Suicide Squad is a 2. Marvel consistently makes 4s, and even the worst of then are coherent 3s.

Yeah, no. Only pathetic basement-dwelling sperglords like yourself get outraged over drawings of brown people.

>Sup Forums being disgusted by fags
Sup Forums is gayer than /lgbt/, /cm/, /hm/, and /soc/ combined

He's also a better technical director than Nolan or Snyder.
If you made him do a really good script and forced him to take no creative liberties, he'd probably knock it out of the park. He just doesn't want to.

at least they got it right that Captain Cold is for fedora fags

>delusion: the post

Defend this. Jessica Jones when Scott Lang fucks her tenderly in the pussy, but when Luke Cage fucks her ass with his big, black cock she gets the pain and humiliation she so desperately craved.

I'm not saying Alias was done to pander to the SJWs, because it wasn't, but it was done so that Brian Bendis could inset himself as a young problematic Jew female who could get BLACKED by Luke Cage, the Power Man, his black husbandu.

Well, Ant-Man vs Power Man. Which one do you think she's gonna prefer?

You are easily pleased, user.

...er, user, that isn't Captain Cuck. That's Mole Man.

You're the one who's projecting all this racial insecurity when the point is clearly to illustrate Jessica's self-loathing. You don't even see Luke Cage, so he's hardly being fetishized in the way you're so fixated on.

>Using shitlord unironically

Sup Forums is an 18+ website, kiddo.

jesus christ, no wonder Marvel is such a shithole

I'm sorry, did I trigger you?

Come on, man. If this was anyone but Bendis i'd maybe agree with you, but we all know that Bendis wish he was married to a black man.

The fact that Jessica let's a black man used her and defile her anus in her quest to lower herself more due to self-loathing is also pretty telling and, dare i say, problematic.

It's a fetish based on racist stereotypes. The wild and animistic negro defiling and debasing the white pure female to an animal status.