Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4 Leaks

-Feige wants Kraven the Hunter and/or Mysterio for the Spiderman: Homecoming sequel, but Sony wants those characters for their own shared universe which includes the upcoming Venom and Silver & Black, so negotiations are still ongoing

-The Doctor Strange sequel release date is still up in the air. If the character is well received in Infinity War, the sequel will release in 2020. If he isn't so much of a breakout character, the sequel will release 2021 or later. Scott Derrickson is returning to direct and Nightmare will be the villain.

-A Moon Knight film is currently being mulled over. James Gunn is heavily pushing his pitch, but Feige and others are apprehensive.

-Nova and Thunderbolts will 100% be the next franchises for the MCU, and will release in 2021 or 2022. The studio is worried that Thunderbolts could be too similar to Suicide Squad, the more lighthearted tone will differ enough. James Gunn will co-produce the Nova Movie.

-Sentry is being considered for much later (phase 5/6?)

-A Black Widow movie all depends on Scarlett Johansson's availability, but as of now it's not looking likely.

-Captain America 4 is on the table now that Chris Evan renewed is contract. Plot may revolved around Cap assembling a new Avengers team of new heroes. (This leads me to believe Iron Man dies in Avengers 4)

-Namor could be used in a Black Panther sequel and an antagonist. His origin would be heavily changed if so

-Guardians of the Galaxy 3 will likely take the May 2020 spot. (this is obvious, though)

-The fifth Avengers will be called something like New Avengers or Mighty Avengers and will almost definitely include Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Ant-man and/or Wasp, Moon Knight (if his movie is made) and Captain America (assuming Evans' contract is indeed renewed)

-No plans for Blade, Ms. Marvel, or Ghost Rider

Feel free to call me a liar, but I've had enough of Feige's bullshit

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/1497745579754/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They will never make a movie about Moon Knight or Black Widow

>phase 5/6
Oh God please no

They can't get any better than infinity war .

>dc pajeets roleplaying again

Can I get some fries with this fast food of movies?

I hope this shit will end before I turn 40.

Capeshit is close to reaching ten years in the spotlight and that's generally how long these movie trends last. I suspect the next Avengers is where it pleatus out.

>Captain America 4 is on the table now that Chris Evan renewed is contract

When did this happen? Sauce?

No, we've had closer to 20. We've had almost 10 of MCU. If only they could wrap it up after Infinity War. That would actually be kinda beautiful.

>Kraven the Hunter

This is how I know you're lying. I want it too badly for it to be real.

>pleatus
kek

Marvel needs to start subverting themselves before they get too stagnant. They should go for the Marvel Knights and the supernatural characters more. Something to get away from the space-opera comedy of the cosmic side. I doubt Avengers will keep doing well after Thanos is defeated. People are going to want something slightly different. Or they can bring their street-level heroes to the big screen.

>No plans for Blade

D R O P P E D
R
O
P

>People are going to want something slightly different
I've been telling myself this the entire time, at this point I don't even know if I believe that's possible

they were planning on it for #1 so this isnt too far fetched

Whatever the next craze is it will be a big dumb hollywood tentpole. So in that aspect, it won't change. But people still like different things. Sometimes we like the old west or action or supernatural teen romance or race cars. Marvel is going to end up attempting another straight up Avengers arc and it won't do well because yet another Thanos will be boring.

>this leads me to believe Iron Man dies in Avengers 4

RJD held out for $200 mill for the two Avengers films. He threatened to walk and forced them to pay him nearly a quarter billion.

After that of course they are going to kill him off.

The Marvel Movie Empire crumbles just as the Marvel Comics Empire does - through change.

If Marvel tries to continue the movies like they did the comics it will all fall apart. Their only real chance is to RECAST.

If Evans leaves, NO ONE wants Falcon to take over the mantle, no one will want a new Cap. Same with Iron Man. When RDJ is over, no one will want a sassy black Iron Woman. No one will immediately jump on board with a new Thor, etc.

You can swap out minor characters and ditch minor characters (Jane Foster, War Machine, etc), but you can't fuck with the big 3 without it all coming down.

The new breed also sucks. Other than Guardians, no one actually cares about Dr. Strange or Ant-Man. Black Panther has a shot, but in general, "New Avengers" will only work if the old Avengers are there too.

Screen cap it if you want, if they try to in universe replace or move on without Evans, RDJ, or Hemsworth, it all crumbles. Forget $500 million box offices. Better settle for $60-80

>Ghost Rider

Rumors are that Ghost Rider is going to appear in a Netflix series.

Possibly even in the Punisher.

This is probably the truth, the mcu is so based on big name actors (RDJ, Evans, Hemsworth, Pratt, Ruffalo) that if they try to duplicate it with literally whos it will just feel weak

>not 75 years
are you both retarded
>"capeshit"
never mind

>If Evans leaves, NO ONE wants Falcon to take over the mantle, no one will want a new Cap. Same with Iron Man. When RDJ is over, no one will want a sassy black Iron Woman. No one will immediately jump on board with a new Thor, etc.

Agreed.

>no one actually cares about Dr. Strange or Ant-Man

Dr Strange versus Nightmare sounds interesting.

Ant man, no idea how much gas that franchise has.

>Feige wants Kraven the Hunter and/or Mysterio for the Spiderman: Homecoming sequel, but Sony wants those characters for their own shared universe which includes the upcoming Venom and Silver & Black, so negotiations are still ongoing

>Sony also has it's own cinematic universe now

God damn, this Spiderman situation is a huge clusterfuck. They just need to forget about Spiderman and give it back to Raimi.

So who will be Marvel's Golden Goose/their new RDJ for the foreseeable future?

Bendydick Cuminbunch or Chris Pratt as Memelord

Half of this won't happen because the era of cape films will abruptly end before Phase 6 is over. Wonder Woman is an anomaly. These films are starting to bring in less money. Audiences are getting bored.

>Nova

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! MAI BOY IN THE MCU.

what the fuck is he even doing with that kind of money? Buying central African nations?

Chris Evans obviously as well as the Guardians.

Moon Knight would fit in better with the Netflix version of MCU t b h

>Wonder Woman is an anomaly.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MKEKS are LITERALLY abandoning ship after only 1 (ONE) box office failure. Pathetic. Reminder that DCGOAT will never end.

Why are comic fans so retarded?

>Capeshit is dying

Mysterio+Kraven is what I always described as the formula for a perfect Spider-Man movie.

but I refuse to pay money for multi-culti Spidey so fuck it.

>Wonder Woman destroyed by fucking Beauty and the Beast
I rest my case.

When a huge favorite like Spiderman can't even make #1, it's over.

fucking retard

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Thank god for Netflix

HAAHAHAHAHAHA
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/1497745579754/

TWENTY
GOOD
NONMEN

Who honestly cares about peter parker in highschool for the 3rd time?

Honestly, you're stupid

No way will marvel continue with Spiderman. it bombed hard. DC runs this shit now.

>One box office failure
And that would be?

The funniest part is that they're releasing WW again before JL comes out so people think about that instead of BvS and SS when they think about "DCEU"

People like to pretend Spider Man Homecoming, which has grossed hundreds of millions already, is a failure.

>One good movie
>Dc runs this shit
Justice league will be the homecoming of dc. It's so bad it will be rebooted.

Truth.
The fact is that a character like Batman has had so many iterations and interpretations in media over the decades that people can accept and are intrigued when a new actor takes on the character.

With a character like Iron Man, he was literally nothing in the eyes of a mass audience before the 2008 movie came out. People love Iron Man because of RDJ's performance, they won't give a fuck if they bring out a new Iron Man without him.

Capeshit is its own genre now, get used to it

>it bombed
>literally a movie with an unknown 20 year old as its main lead
>642 million so far without two strong markets (china and japan)

Go back to r/DC_Cinematic please.

>-No plans for Blade, Ms. Marvel, or Ghost Rider

but that's all I give a fuck about...fuck this

Oh it will still be around but it will settle down into its niche instead of having 6 superhero flicks out at once in massive shared universes. Think early 2000s instead of the post-Ironman world.

He fucked up real bad during the beginning of the middle of his career and was gifted by God himself with another chance and boy what a second chance it was.

He hates the fucking industry and has for years, google Robert Downey Jr Hayden Panettiere blindpost to see how clearly he is sick of it.

I would milk the ever living fuck out of disney if I were in his shoes as well.

>No plans for Blade
Did talks between Marvel and Snipes not go well? Last I heard they were considering the possibility of having Snipes reprise his role.

>spiderman
>barely breaks even
lmao as i said DC objectively has won. people have gotten tired of marvel they don't even want to see spiderman.

>DC runs this shit now
Homecoming has out profited both Man of Steel and BvS in four weeks without some major foreign markets

To an oldfag like me, it's so weird to see release date years of 2020-something. Doesn't seem that long ago that that was the generic date rage of "futuristic" movies.

Snipes is probably pissed he didn't get to be Black Panther. It's the only reason he wanted to play Blade in the first place, in hopes it would build up hype for a Black Panther movie.

wth i love RDJ now

They needed at least $900 million to break even you retard.

Fuck I just realized I missed the chance for a good shoe joke in that last sentence.

>If Evans leaves, NO ONE wants Falcon to take over the mantle

Falcon doesn't take over the mantle, Bucky does - and if you think for one second I don't want a crazy, metal-armed, murderous Cap then you're wrong

And Dr. Strange is very popular, Ant-man though...

>watching capeshit well into your 30's
Don't worry that's me too.

if you want to keep denying facts just head back to r/mcu

I'm going to ignore your autism and ask you for a source on that. I believe you didn't take that up from your ass, right?

Probably bait but with those numbers BvS needed $1.5 billion to break even, and sub-sequentially lost the studio over $630 million

I loved Daredevil

But this fuck was awful and nearly ruined it for me

Not him, tho to be fair Sony canceled ASM Cinematic Universe because ASM 2 only made $700 million. North of $800 million is probably what they were hoping Homecoming would make minimum.

Shh let him live his fantasy that DC is awesome and earns lots of money and Marvel does not.

Consider that most MCU films are based on the Silver Age stage of Marvel heroes' existence vs. all the shit that came after the 80s ended. It only makes sense that it would have appeal for those of us who grew up reading Marvel/DC when the stories/characters were relatively fresh and hadn't yet accumulated decades' worth of ludicrous continuity.

ASM 2 also had almost double the budget

The Amazing Spider-Man movies had also higher budgets than Homecoming.

$200–230 million for TASM
$200–293 million for TASM2
$175 million for Homecoming

They also had bigger problems than money. They had a creative clusterfuck and didn't really know where to take the franchise. They solved that giving creative control to Marvel Studios. All they have to do now is greenlit and stay the fuck out.

Homecoming couldn't even beat Wonder Woman domestically lmao.

Marvel is finished.

>They solved that giving creative control to Marvel Studios. All they have to do now is greenlit and stay the fuck out.
Sony gets final creative word on the solo Spider-Man movies

>Homecomings budget: $175 million
>ASM2 budget: $200 - 293 million
Homecoming has also made $80 million more domestically, which the studio gets a much bigger cut of than foreign

I suspect that Sony might've tossed the ASM franchise a lifeline if it had been well-received by critics and audiences despite being an underachiever. But once it attained the "holy SHIT did that movie suck"-level of notoriety in addition to performing below expectations, it was toast. It also didn't help that Andrew Garfield was busy pissing off Sony execs, but it was done for regardless.

The final word is "okay".

Marvel Studios produces everything.

Sony would need ideas to do that

this.

honestly i think it could be the final nail in the coffin for marvel. i cant see them going any further after the KANG movie bombs.

>No She-Hulk movie

Come the FUCK ON

had a healthy kek

Should've paid his taxes I guess.

True, MCU has set up Bucky to take over for Cap, and he did in the comics for awhile, but then they also did a run with Falcon as Cap.

Winter Soldier caught on and even as a 'good guy' I think people prefer him to be kind of the "bad Captain America" who is not so morally black and white.

I personally think Dr. Strange is a cool character, but I did not love the movie. They ruined Dormamu. Ant-Man is probably the worst of the MCU movies.

I would dig more expanded universe stuff, I would totally be down with Moon Knight, Punisher, stuff like that.

I do think that if MCU loses the big 3, they are going to at least temporarily lose the ability to make profitable $250million movies. They'd have to kind of soft reboot with smaller films again and they'd be hampered by the memories of what came before.

I think Marvel has to suck it up and try to buy big contracts from RDJ, Hemsworth, and Evans again.

Maybe you only do giant movies with them like Avengers or maybe you only do solo flicks with them. Whatever gets you the milage. If you do smaller flicks with them you can use them to create new teams for 'bigger' movies maybe.

taxes are oppressive. Snipes is a militant african nationalist communist anarcho capitalist muslim atheist.

if you were in his shoes you'd be an extra foot taller.

>Black Panther
>Bombing
It won't do great in the foreign market but it'll do fantastic domestically

How did they ruin Dormamu?

I agree that the movie wasn't that great, though.

By replacing him with Galactus

Wrong.
Nobody gives a shit about the Black Panther character. and black people won't go and see that shit.

True.

It's sad to see the great american white males have become cucks.

Isn't this pretty much the exact same thing you faggots were saying about Guardians of The Galaxy?

Yeah well if he's happy doing that instead of being cast as Black Panther, then that's cool, but if he really cares about his political statements and movements, he shouldn't feel bad that he can't play the role in a Hollywood cash-grab movie.

Wasn't he received well in Civil War and there seems to be a decent level of excitement for his film on social media

>Feige wants Kraven the Hunter and/or Mysterio for the Spiderman: Homecoming sequel, but Sony wants those characters for their own shared universe which includes the upcoming Venom and Silver & Black, so negotiations are still ongoing
So the Spider-Man movies made by Marvel are in a separate universe from these movies starring Spider-Man supporting characters that Sony wants to make? Can Sony use Spider-Man in those movies or not? What kind of fucking deal do they have?

he started his own production company, Team Downey with his wife. he needs a lot of money so he can eventually retire as an actor and produce Oscar-bait films instead of doing capeshit all the time.

I think they have a "please disney help us make money" deal

>Team Downey
Kek seriously?