Why don't cartoon characters talk like normal people?

Why don't cartoon characters talk like normal people?

I'm currently watching Assault on Arkham and I'm about to quit.
Every sentence gets followed up like 5 seconds of silence, even during dialogues.
And the voice actors themselves sound more like parodies then real people.

Everything feels and sounds awkward and I don't like it.

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/play/MeqJW
youtube.com/watch?v=DidjobKweCs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because hitmen, psychopaths and shark people aren't normal.

So they should talk like 6 year olds.
Because empathy somehow impacts your ability to talk.

Your post doesn't really make your point clear. Maybe you could find a clip illustrating what you mean?

probably not the best example, but the whole movie is pretty much like this:
webmshare.com/play/MeqJW

He looks like Lee from walking dead game

Because Andrea Romano likes to cast actors who don't give a fuck about voice acting in the cartoons she's the VA director for.

Assult on Akhram is still 10x a better Sucide Squad movie then the live action Sucide Squad.

Also no idea what you are talking about OP. Maybe you got a bad stream.

>Akhram

Deadshot was insufferable in this animated movie.
He was this smug cynical character who is good at everything and acts like he doesn't care.

bömp

>Why don't cartoon characters talk like normal people?
Wanna read that question out to yourself, chief?

well, I mean, video games have been doing it for years now.
youtube.com/watch?v=DidjobKweCs

why not cartoons?

I actually just rewatched it last night and the voice acting for literally everyone outside of joker and the wall was shit

I feel like Cyber City Oedo is relevant to this thread

>He was this smug cynical character who is good at everything and acts like he doesn't care.
So he was Deadshot?

it really isn't, Assault on Arkham is grossly overrated.
maybe if you said something more along the lines 1.5x I'd agree.

>Every sentence gets followed up like 5 seconds of silence, even during dialogues

I agree with you 100% on this.

Realistic diction is terrible in fiction. Do you really want to suffer thorugh a bunch of "um" and "like" and every female character having their voice go up at the end of a sentence like it's a question?
You know what Sup Forums creator uses realistic diction? Fucking Bendis.
Do you really want more of that?

>EY, TAKE DIS YA COCK-SUCKIN' SONFABITCH!

GAWDDAMMOT.

all media is like that. Even in Anime they don't speak Japanese the way they do in real life.

BECAUSE WE CAN'T ALL LIVE IN A FANTASY LAND WHERE EVERY DIALOGUE SCENE EVER IS WORTHY OF TARANTINO AT HIS FINEST.

>thing are either total dogshit or pure platinum

Exactly. People don't forget what they were saying, everyone is perfectly heard and people don't talk over each other in group conversation unless it's an argument.

Bendis? The writer?

NANI?

anime being shit doesn't mean everything else should be as well

He's bad

You've never seen a group of japanese young women tourists all screaming together at the same moment for some unknown reason.

Because when writers try to make their character talk natural, the results are almost always Joss Whedon's brand of snarky, forcedly casual quips or Bendisspeak. If the writers were good, they'd be award-winning novelists instead of cooking up scripts for direct-to-video cartoon movies.