OUR NEW PHONE!!!!

>OUR NEW PHONE!!!!
>lulz, look at how hip and trendy we are
When will this fucking cancer end. I know its exsisted in some form or another since animation began, but its been getting progressivly worse in the past 10 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aVGzXn9MX5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=TIU0HwKUKzk
youtube.com/watch?v=fgC9mbWdQpQusg=AFQjCNF5p1rwTS3nw2qeA4ctcOu9Sk7O1g&sig2=tK-Pn9bxfqftv7EH0kOVvw&bvm=bv.131286987,d.bGs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck off, grandpa.

Im in my twnties. Im posting this on my phone as we speak. I just dont need the media having to oander to my love of smartphones to get my attention.

im on a phone right now

Of all the boards to bitch about cellphones, why come to Sup Forums? I don't like them either, but this is just retarded to bring it here.

Its not about cellphones, its about cringey trendy reffrences in modern animation. They arent funny, and are only there to appear "cool".

kk

No. It was much worse during the rapping EXXXTREEEME 90s. You were just a kid at the time and didn't notice.

Elaborate, oldfag. I must know of the horrors that i missed.

you can blame zootopia for that

Animation is a reflection of modern society. The fact that you're getting butthurt over this means you're no longer with it

How is having a phone an attempt by the creators to be "trendy" and "cool"? Damn near everyone has a smartphone. What the fuck is even the point of complaining about this?

youtube.com/watch?v=aVGzXn9MX5Y

start here

it gets worse

You're probably the kind of person that turns on the radio and complains about how they don't make "real" music anymore, or how things were better before and everything is shit now.

Get with the times, hipster grandpa.

well like 7 in 10 adults and a smaller number of children but sure

Zootopia doesn't even make a big deal about smart phones, it's just taken as a matter of fact that they are so ubiquitous that everyone has one and it's no big deal.

It's the modern equivalent of everything making "boy, there sure are a lot of coffee shops, aren't there?" jokes.

I've got a secret, secret, formula! With a little bit of ha- and a little bit of ho-

youtube.com/watch?v=TIU0HwKUKzk

The general aesthetic for all PSAs looked like this.

>its been getting progressivly worse in the past 10 years
It really hasn't, though. It's always been like this, except instead of mobile phones it was whatever was cool at the time.

>Media should never reflect the current culture or acknowledge it REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>7 in 10 adults

Wait, really? Some of the oldest, most tech-illiterate people I know got them. I was under the assumption that 99% of everyone who had cell phones traded up already

I don't even think you can have a decent job these days without a smart phone.

I don't think anyone complained about floppy disks and Walkmans and whatever existing in 90's cartoons.

Why is modern technology in modern cartoons only bad NOW?

>OUR NEW AUTOMOBILE!!!!

When will this fucking cancer end.

There must be a serious lack of SJWs getting uppity if this is what we're getting outraged about.

modern technology isn't "trendy" you fucking retard. do you still use a fucking black and white tv and complain when characters have color tvs?

Those figures might be global

Yeah it is you fucking tetard. They think its funny because phones are mentioned.

But if that's the case why are so many of the most beloved, well remembered pieces of animated work timeless?

Your impression is wrong

Yes, everyone in cartoons should live in mud huts and stay away from any kind of technology whatsoever so they don't upset over-sensitive grandpas such as yourself.

Several of the managers in multiple stores where I work don't have cell phones, much less smart phones. And this is a nationwide chain I work in too.

I know this is besides the point, but if he was watching cartoons on a black and white tv, how would he know the characters had a color tv?

Im not saying that, but it shouldnt be fucking funny.

Because there are more old manchildren that watch cartoons now.

Though I'm pretty sure there were people complaining about the floppy discs and walkmans.

>mfw I am a phone and I'm posting this from myself

How would he know it was a color TV?

have you seen the commercials?

youtube.com/watch?v=fgC9mbWdQpQusg=AFQjCNF5p1rwTS3nw2qeA4ctcOu9Sk7O1g&sig2=tK-Pn9bxfqftv7EH0kOVvw&bvm=bv.131286987,d.bGs

What are you talking about? Can you name three examples where the joke in a cartoon was that a character had a phone?

but than you'd be a robot, and robots can't post on Sup Forums. You can thank the captcha for that, keeps bots out and only fleshies in

I have a Sup Forums pass. your captcha can't stop us now.

>only fleshies in
I am a ghost and I am offended by your assumption that Sup Forums is only for flesh-having people.

Can phones feel love?

For every one that is considered timeless there are twenty that sucked. I bet you think all old music is good too, since your only exposure to it is the songs that lasted.

That's why I said "damn near everyone" instead of "everyone".

Yeah, I thought it was weird Nick always had phones in commercials when it seems like he lives off the grid in the movie.

no, we are machines, we don't have emotions and sometimes that makes me very sad.

OP is baiting you, Sup Forums

No one who lives in reality is THIS stupid. Getting mad that characters in cartoons have cell phones? That's a cartoonish level of autism.

>LOOK THE INTERNET
When will this fucking cancer end. I know its exsisted in some form or another since animation began, but its been getting progressivly worse in the past 10 years.

>POPULAR MOVIE REFERENCE
When will this fucking cancer end. I know its exsisted in some form or another since animation began, but its been getting progressivly worse in the past 70 years.

>Damn near everyone has a smartphone
Why though? Smartphones are only good as videocameras.
They can't do anything a 2008 Siemens can't except be more expensive.

Its not that they smartphones, idiot. Its because they have a phone as in scene above, that its funny and cool.

jesus wtf

do people here really not have a smartphone? they cost like 50 bucks for a shitty one that gives you access to the internet at nearly all times as well as various useful apps. Hell if you're on a plan, you get one for fucking free.

No, OP is just mad that cartoons aren't like the ones he grew up with. He misses watching Doug, where they all had tape decks and whatnot.

But you need to pass a captcha to purchase a Sup Forums pass.

I genuinely don't know how to respond to this. My first instinct was to call you a five year old but only someone over the age of 70 would say something like this. Is this performance art or something?

What the fuck is this?

What film?

7/10 is nowhere near "damn near everyone"

in the US according to Pew late last year

it really depends on what you use your phone for and what your working conditions are like

there's no point to smartphones in some jobs because you may not be able to use a touchscreen (if you're permanently filthy or whatever) or you just may not have time for anything but a call

plus calling someone puts them on the spot re: decision making in a way that text doesn't, because they can't put you off or get you to decide

there really are a lot of coffee shops, though, and it's a serious problem in urban planning because they have high profits (bulk coffee costs fucking nothing, chains pay no tax etc) so they can afford higher rents and can artificially increase the cost of rent in an area quite quickly, but they can also pull out relatively quickly as well (either because it's not profitable or because they go bust) so you're left with high rents (because by then buildings have been mortgaged against their higher rents/land value and the money has been spent on expanding/improving the developer's portfolio) and nobody to pay them

basically those malls that the Simpsons were ragging on when the show that gif comes from came out are dead now, because they're just really badly planned and only the largest/most popular could ever hope to survive, so a lot of them are shutting down and being redeveloped (or just shutting down)

tl;dr if your anchors in a mall are coffee shops, it's fucked

they had to make anything asap because of their... production problems.

so they went with smartphones and dreamworks-like trailers.

it's more a commentary on how aggressive Starbucks was at shutting down any local coffee shop on the west coast where coffee chains were non existent up until they started popping up. there not the only ones to use the tactic Subway was called out for it to, basically they will open up 2 Starbucks to the left and right of a local coffee shop and just flood the market until no one can make money, then when the local guy has to shut down because no one's making money, they shut down all but one of their stores.

You're a faggot

>cringey trendy references

"Eh, what's up doc?"
Do you know that was a cultural reference at the time?
Wanna take a fucking guess how long ago that was?
Wanna fucking say that again?

>I'm a modern 1920s man with my own automobile, I just don't need the media having to pander to my love of cars to get my attention

Smartphones and the moments that people have with them are a modern thing and are here to stay. It's only natural that people want to make stories about them.

I think you missed the point of the joke. It's not that they have cell phones, it's that the storks are delivering electronics instead of babies. It's a classic bait and switch setup.