What sort food do you buy from street vendors in your country? What does it look like? Do you have any favorites?

What sort food do you buy from street vendors in your country? What does it look like? Do you have any favorites?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrarchidae
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ban guns

I cook my meal.

please don't ever post again

surely you go outside now and again? or maybe you live out in the middle of nowhere

In winter, people sell hot chestnuts and toffee nuts traditionally. I love chestnuts, I get them whenever I see them

ban guns

Poffertjes.

Forgot pic.

Barely any actual street vendors here. At marketplaces during market day mainly.

ban guns? ban guns, ban guns. Ban guns.

ban guns.

>What sort food do you buy from street vendors in your country?

Currywurst with fries or bun, Doener Kebab, Leberkaesemmel, Bockwurst im Semmel.

It's not really safe to buy any meat or chicken products on the streets here since they might contain parasites.

ban guns?

ban guns

zapiekanka is the only native polish fastfood.

>surely you go outside now and again? or maybe you live out in the middle of nowhere
It's not the culture here to eat shit. Maybe they love it in Amsterdam.

ban guns ban guns

>zapiekanka
One more dish Poles stole from us.
Proto-russians brought civilisation and culture to Poland.

When I was in Poland I went to plenty of sausage stands. They were honestly some of the nicest sausages I've ever eaten in my life, you're lucky to live there. Never seen the thing in your pic what even is it

Ban guns!

BANG GUNS

>Maybe they love it in Amsterdam.
I'm not going near those things. It's for tourists with no taste.

I think the only thing I've bought from a street vendor has been like roasted almonds during Christmas.

We have so many pizzerias and burger shops there's just no need for street vendors unless they sell some sort of gimmicky food.

When I was a student we used to eat hot dogs from time to time.

Currywurst is heavenly, no idea why it hasn't spread to the UK outside of German festivals, it seems like something brits would be all over

Boooioioioi

About the same, there are only ever street vendors in my town on our market day. There are some folks that make the best pulled pork sandwiches you ever got off a truck.

>those asians being excited with the presences of food vendor with "dogs" in it

Had that at a restaurant a guy from Austria owns, pretty tasty.

ban guns

Nothing like it being a nice day and having some oysters with wine from a food truck.

>Maybe they love it in Amsterdam.
Nope. We also cook.

>gimmicky food
I almost forgot about oliebollen during new years.
Good post.

Oliebollen

Why hasn't the west worked out street food yet? In China there's people serving food every 100m

we have cafes, diners, and restaurants with about equal distribution

you dont want that, trust me. it spreads like cancer especially when your country is littered with foreigners

mostly gyros and slices of pizza
as far as Hungarian street foods go, lángos and kolbice are probably my favourites

Sometimes I get a raw herring sandwich (with onions and pickles). But I usually walk into a fish shop, so I'm not sure if you can consider it street food. Although some street stands also sell it, Dutch people don't like to buy on the street.

Because we are civilized and place those people in buildings where there is some semblance of cleanliness so we don't have to eat gutter oil with our fries.

mMmm, my onions are missing.

I had oysters at the flower market in Ghent in December
I thought they'd be worse... their texture was really snotty, but the taste was pretty neutral

Godverdomme, now I'm hungry.

obligatory russnigger butthurt

I had an overpriced cheese kransky hot dog the other day
We've caught the yank food truck thing but really it's still isolated to weekend markets and special events
Meme city has a night markets out in one of the gentrified riverside suburbs where you can buy overpriced takeaway fusion cuisine from hipsters in refrigerated shipping containers. It's a popular date night destination

sweet? or salty?

There is barely any street food in my city besides days when there's a event, than it's regional food or food from EU with small food producers from Italy, Spain, Germany etc. advertising their food and giving out contact for orders. I even ordered some ham from Italy once from a fat italiano who had some great food and his daughters were 20/10 thic.

I'm not him, but it are fluffy mini pancakes.

Dutch food is almost always hearty, fatty or sweet. Or veggies.
In general Dutch people eat very little spicy, sour or salty food.

if you ever find yourself out in North Shore Minnesota for whatever reason, go here for good fish.

Sweet. They're like tiny pancakes. You eat them with butter and powdered sugar.
You forgot kibbeling and haring. They're salty and sour with the pickles. But yeah, spicy is a nono in the Dutch kitchen. But you can buy loempia with hot sauce here on the market. Delicioso.

Thanks
>In general Dutch people eat very little spicy, sour or salty food.
I didn't know that.

We do eat salty stuff like haring. A lot of Japanese tourist like it *hint hint*

Should pickle those bad boys and make rollmops, so tasty

Is it pickled or just salted?
God I love pickled herring.

>street vendors

no such thing where I live

It's got kind of a harsh flavor, I can't enjoy it just by itself.

Just salt. It's pretty much raw fish.

I googled haring. It also seems yummy.
>A lot of Japanese tourist like it *hint hint*
I'm sure it's true, because that looks cute and seems like our takoyaki (it's salty and very popular in Japan.)

I don't think anyone really likes eating it just by itself. You need the potatoes and all that good stuff to go along with it.

That said my brother makes the most amazing mustard-dill pickled herring that has such amazingly balanced flavor that you can pretty much eat it as candy.

You seem to have a lot of raw stuff. When I went to the netherlands I had raw mince in a roll with salad and stuff and it was divine

Salted.

What do you mean? Filet Americain?

Oh sure. We have different kind of tartaar. But to be fair, we stole those recipes from the Germans.

I have no idea, it was given to me when I was at a meeting with a Dutch business. It was a roll with raw mince and onion and some leaves in it. Perhaps an egg but I can't remember! Bit of a shock at first because it looked like salami, but I liked it a lot.

Our herring is not the same as the Swedish one. Ours are fresh and raw without anything (except being frozen and salted for transport). So it just tastes like fish.

Got it. Still looks tasty though, and I generally don't like fish.

>Tatar
>Dutch
:^)

I dont like fish either, but herring, kibbeling (fried cod), paling (eel) and salmon as such are liked by almost everyone.

He does not know it's pretty much a continental thing.

Mexican, Chinese, Hamburgers, Sausages.

The streams out here are teaming with eel, but I've never heard of anyone keeping them, I'd much rather a sunfish.

Never said it was just Dutch m8 just surprising, normally associate it with the Germans and french

Never heard of anyone eating sunfish. But eel is rather expensive and in high demand here.

We smoke them.
>inb4 weedjoke
If the French and Germans are doing something, we're probably doing it as well.

blood sausage with lingonberry jam

more delicious than it looks I'm sure

no sunnies? they're a great panfish, and they're everywhere

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrarchidae

>All are native only to North America.

Basically people sell these to fundraise for shit like charities or school trips

I hope you smoke mackerel as well, my favourite seafood by a long way. Just look at it

Only had blood pudding but that shit is delicious.

more's the pity, they're a delight, and easy to catch

at least you've still got northerns

We smoke everything. Ayy lmao.
We need to find a way to get them here so we can smoke them.

This looks like a log of shit after you've eaten chocolate cake.

here's what you want, true north american walleye

That's a big guy.

>street vendors
What's 3rd word like?

4u

I'm pretty sure p*les have no native food

at least we have food lmao

Fuuuq sake, Poland

when slavs fight they don't pull punches, they go straight for the vitals

Visuals that need courage to eat.

>What sort food do you buy from street vendors in your country?
None. Fuck street vendors.

Boiled corn slathered with mayo, sprinkled with cheese and powder chili

Or elote.

Crepes, fries, panini sandwiches

I see that in supermarkets in the Polish section, just a sliced baguette with mushrooms and cheese on